CAGcast #112: Tainted Love

cheapy, why don't you just put all of your money in a japanese bank so that the dollar's decline in value stops affecting you. I'm getting sick and tired of you whining every week about how the exchange rate is hurting you. I guarantee that you have a lot more money than me, so i dont care about your financial problems.

It boggles my mind how you can call us Nintendo fans "sensitive" as you did in your last show. Nintendo fans are clearly the most reasonable and Microsoft and Sony fans are far more sensitive than Nintendo fans. It just pisses me off that you could say such a thing. If there is one thing I know about Nintendo fans, it is that they are not sensitive. I can't believe you could be such a blind fanboy to go out and say that.

Just kidding.

So far so good.

If you need someone to edit together a video teaser/trailer of CAG 2.0, I'd be more than happy to help.

damn i love how i was jus goin thru itunes thursday night and all of a sudden a new podcast started to download and it was u guys what a great suprise made my night!! and CHEAPY since ur havin so many youtube problems why dotn u jus use myspacetv.com? its a myspace version of youtube basically everything jus the same prolly with lest traffic tho..

also what is up with the cheapy awards?? havent heard the winners...and wasnt there liek a lil contest for liek a 500 dollar amazon gift card?

[quote name='LiK']i loved how Cheapy freaked out over it. but i'm more disappointed they chose her cuz she can't fight. there's an awesome Thai actress who knows real martial arts and does her own stunts who would be perfect as Chun Li. even if she's not Chinese, she can fight for real.[/quote]

Actually she took karate when she was younger so she might be able to fight. But no where near the level of this awesome Thai actress.

[quote name='JadedJedi']cheapy, why don't you just put all of your money in a japanese bank so that the dollar's decline in value stops affecting you. I'm getting sick and tired of you whining every week about how the exchange rate is hurting you. I guarantee that you have a lot more money than me, so i dont care about your financial problems.[/quote]

All the money from the website comes in dollars. It doesn't matter if he puts his money in the bank, it would still have to be converted from dollars to yen.

HEY! I got mentioned on the CAGcast! :bouncy: Plus, you pronounced my name correctly. Good stuff.

WooHoo! \\:D/

Ok, my joy on being on the fake radio show has subsided. :lol: Great show guys!

[quote name='DJSteel']I love it.. right out of the gate with SuperFuzz.. This will tell you how much I've seen that movie...

The main character, Dave, is a cop who while trying to clear indian village gets caught in a radiation test and gains super powers.. His weakness is that anytime he sees red his powers disappear.. one of the cheesiest movies ever.. watched it so many times growing up

great reference..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngvYJtpXkM4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByx33TUGZU[/quote]
Funny thing is his voice is dubbed. That ain't what Terrence hill sounds like. Miami Supercops was another good one with him an Bud Spencer.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I have an idea relating to Wombat's new section that was shot down by Cheapy. Its sort of a twist on it that has the same theme. How about each week you each pick an older game to suggest listeners check out and play? This way no one ships anything and it still gives attention to older games. I think that was the point of Wombat's idea. Then listeners can check out the game and leave feedback to discuss whether or not it was a good pick and on the next CAGcast you discuss that and give out two new picks.

[/quote]

I was thinking this too. It sounds like a good idea. I'm not always playing every single new game that comes out. I think us cheap asses play some of the "older" games a lot since we can score them pretty cheap. Of course if it takes up more than 20 minutes of the show that would be overkill and wouldn't be very good.

Wombat, Left handed people FTW. Oh and Cheapy, that burp you let out during the show was full of fail. If you're gonna burp, do it like a real man:lol:

I was wondering for a few weeks about the popping sounds in the podcast. It's incredibly annoying. Any chance of wombat getting soft quiet toys to play with while he's on the podcast?

I read the podcast quickly when i was off to work and was like... what?? "Taint Love"? ew

The reason Nintendo characters add to the positive reception of Nintendo games is because they are actually interesting (unlike those found in God of War, Gears of War, Halo etc.)

Hey guys, another good show. Listening to you guys talk about Smash Bros as basically being fan service got me thinking. Another game that clearly meets the "Legend of Frank" criteria is Lost Odyssey.
From what I've played, this game has great graphics, a good story, and your standard turn based rpg combat system. But because its called Lost Odyssey and not Final Fantasy it didn't score as well (79% on gamerankings at time of post).
I know in my gut this game would have gotten at least nines across the board with the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in the title. It's unfortunate that reviewers seem to fluff their reviews almost as much as their previews, when it comes to big name titles. What do you guys think?

[quote name='TheTrueSephiroth']Hey guys, another good show. Listening to you guys talk about Smash Bros as basically being fan service got me thinking. Another game that clearly meets the "Legend of Frank" criteria is Lost Odyssey.
From what I've played, this game has great graphics, a good story, and your standard turn based rpg combat system. But because its called Lost Odyssey and not Final Fantasy it didn't score as well (79% on gamerankings at time of post).
I know in my gut this game would have gotten at least nines across the board with the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in the title. It's unfortunate that reviewers seem to fluff their reviews almost as much as their previews, when it comes to big name titles. What do you guys think?[/quote]

I totally agree, Lost Odyssey is amazing.

[quote name='TheTrueSephiroth']Hey guys, another good show. Listening to you guys talk about Smash Bros as basically being fan service got me thinking. Another game that clearly meets the "Legend of Frank" criteria is Lost Odyssey.
I know in my gut this game would have gotten at least nines across the board with the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in the title. It's unfortunate that reviewers seem to fluff their reviews almost as much as their previews, when it comes to big name titles. What do you guys think?[/quote]

i totally agree i kept hearin the game is that good pretty much that it sucks but somethign inside said pick it up and did beat it and it was a great game but since its not a big namer no praise the the other games....

Geez, cheapy - next time you have take a shit before the podcast, make sure you get the whole monster out! You must have needed to return the bowl pretty badly given the way you tore through the podcast (and tore into wombat).

Despite your speed and picking on Wombat - it was still a great show, you guys pretty much always do a great job.

[quote name='willardhaven']The reason Nintendo characters add to the positive reception of Nintendo games is because they are actually interesting (unlike those found in God of War, Gears of War, Halo etc.)[/QUOTE]

Right...

I know in my gut this game would have gotten at least nines across the board with the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in the title. It's unfortunate that reviewers seem to fluff their reviews almost as much as their previews, when it comes to big name titles. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Word.

totally agree. it doesnt get the props it deserves because 1) it doesnt have the FF name 2) it's not by Square 3) it's for the 360. but the RPG was made by the main guy who created FF in the first place. it annoys me that some people ignore this game cuz o their own fanboyism and bias. it's just sad. LO is an excellent RPG and i feel bad for dudes who are blinded by their own bias to check it out.

Just listened - Eh? I really don't get all the comments about Wombat in this thread. He DID NOT DELIVER on the grumpiness and asshollery. I thought he wasn't bad at all, actually...

Anyway, Beatles songs on GH you say? I've never had much interest in these glorified rhythm games, but if they break out the Beatles songs I'll buy 'em for sure - especially Rock Band as I could get the kids into that as a family band.

I went through my own period of discovery with the Beatles in the late 70's and now my kids are doing the same thing so it's deja vu all over again (and triple for my Dad who was just visiting -as, of course, he went through the real thing). I loaded up my daughter's new iPod (her Christmas present) with Beatles songs from my old-time CD's (some of the first ones out) and this started the ball rolling...

Hey, Cheapy, I'm not a freak, I just thought the vagina wash was funny. But yeah thanks for forgetting my name :p

Does anyone else think that splitting the two hosts up would be a good idea?

I can hear Cheapys eyes roll at Wombat sometimes, and Wombat is an inturruption machine...he is constantly chimming in with a 'joke' or comment after cheapy has moves on to a new topic.

i think alot of people like Wombat, but i was thinking maybe he should just be paired with a younger co-host...like a 12-15 year old. so they can make alot of cynical jokes and it can be more of a free for all.

And Cheapy can find someone who doesnt inturrupt him all the time and they would be able to stay on topic a little better.

then they can have 2 shorter podcasts.

and im sorry if i think that Wombat is way more immature. sure cheapy talks about crapping alot, but its the delivery im annoyed with, not the content.

[quote name='davkeats']Does anyone else think that splitting the two hosts up would be a good idea?

I can hear Cheapys eyes roll at Wombat sometimes, and Wombat is an inturruption machine...he is constantly chimming in with a 'joke' or comment after cheapy has moves on to a new topic.

i think alot of people like Wombat, but i was thinking maybe he should just be paired with a younger co-host...like a 12-15 year old. so they can make alot of cynical jokes and it can be more of a free for all.

And Cheapy can find someone who doesnt inturrupt him all the time and they would be able to stay on topic a little better.

and im sorry if i think that Wombat is way more immature. sure cheapy talks about crapping alot, but its the delivery im annoyed with, not the content.[/quote]

I think a lot of the fun of the show is hearing the two together. Sure, they don't have amazing chemistry together; but the Odd Couple premise of the show definitely works. I would be kind of disappointed myself if I didn't get to hear them together each week.

Great show this week! I think Wombat's new segment is a really good idea, I think he's on to something with the old games. I can understand how shipping a new game each week or month or whatever could get really tough though, but I'm all for recommendations of current/old games. I like the Bizarro Hype Wagon, but like CouRageouS said, I'd rather hear about games that are already out than new games that you're going to talk about in the future anyways.

Thanks for the show, I love listening every week.

ya, i guess at this point we should keep them together.

Ive been listening for a year or so now and certain aspects are starting to get on my nerves, i was just trying to find a way to keep myself interested.

i still think Cheapy should do a shorter podcast on the side...maybe with guests, and Wombat could do a short opinion piece...like an audio blog. i really dont care, as i said they are just starting losing my interest, and it sucks cause ive listened to ALOt of episodes over the last year...hey, maybe thats my problem.

[quote name='davkeats']Does anyone else think that splitting the two hosts up would be a good idea?

and im sorry if i think that Wombat is way more immature. sure cheapy talks about crapping alot, but its the delivery im annoyed with, not the content.[/quote]

have you been listening for a while? you might need to get used to their sense of humor and style. their constant bickering is sometimes really funny.

but this show is an exception because Wombat is sick and he's a lot more moody than he usually is. i didn't find this week's show that funny compared to when they're both in better moods. let's hope Wombat feels better next week. he kinda caused Cheapy to be annoyed enough that Cheapy didn't get his groove going.

[quote name='willardhaven']The reason Nintendo characters add to the positive reception of Nintendo games is because they are actually interesting (unlike those found in God of War, Gears of War, Halo etc.)[/quote]

"interesting" is a objective word. I'm sure some people think Master Chief and Kratos are very interesting.

From what I've played, this game has great graphics, a good story, and your standard turn based rpg combat system. But because its called Lost Odyssey and not Final Fantasy it didn't score as well (79% on gamerankings at time of post). I know in my gut this game would have gotten at least nines across the board with the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in the title. It's unfortunate that reviewers seem to fluff their reviews almost as much as their previews, when it comes to big name titles. What do you guys think?[/quote]

Great comparison! But I wonder how FF13 will do now that the FF craze is over. The whole series (and genre for that matter)has been coming under a lot
of scrutiny lately, so I'll be interested to see if FF13 can overcome its own name...

Get better Wombat! You are going to be the crankiest old man ever someday!

Why have I never heard of Super Fuzz? I just check out some trailers and it seems to be my kind of movie. I will have to look it up when I go out to the stores.

Good show as usual. It was quite funny to hear Wombat bashing 'nerds that play card games' then go into a rave about how great Iron Man's suit is...

[quote name='Bezerker']Good show as usual. It was quite funny to hear Wombat bashing 'nerds that play card games' then go into a rave about how great Iron Man's suit is...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say I bashed nerds, i just said it was nerdy thing to do as I was doing it myself and I am a nerd

[quote name='SeanNOLA']"interesting" is a objective word. I'm sure some people think Master Chief and Kratos are very interesting.
[/quote]

Very true, I happen to dislike the characters I mentioned as I can only speak for myself.

SSBB is a solid party game, it's not a huge leap forward from Melee but it's not like Madden where we get a game every year. I'd say 1 SB game every 2-6 years is far from overkill.

People hate the game and that's fine, but it would probably still have a pretty big following if it had original characters just because it's a Nintendo game(that's a given for any established brand). Although as other people stated, Nintendo would never have made the game if their characters were not popular with a tremendous group of people.

I love the show cheapy and wombat and have listened to most of your 100 plus podcasts. But this
was pretty bad, if you guys can’t get along it might be time to split. Wombat is normally the guy who keeps things in check. Not this time, he was acting like a 13 y/o girl with pms. Was it really necessary to snap and clap your hands during the show? This keeps getting worse with this guy it’s as if he wants to kill the show. Cheapy he can be replaced do not let him kill the show! You drive the bus not him. At this rate I can’t see the show lasting past the summer. Sorry but thats just how I see it.

Good show guys! I just listened the the latest episode at the end of the day at work. It's funny, you guys made reference to the guy who got his 360 art buffed when he sent it for repairs and when I get home and check out 1up i see this story! Synchronicity at its best.

[quote name='jeter23']I love the show cheapy and wombat and have listened to most of your 100 plus podcasts. But this
was pretty bad, if you guys can’t get along it might be time to split. Wombat is normally the guy who keeps things in check. Not this time, he was acting like a 13 y/o girl with pms. Was it really necessary to snap and clap your hands during the show? This keeps getting worse with this guy it’s as if he wants to kill the show. Cheapy he can be replaced do not let him kill the show! You drive the bus not him. At this rate I can’t see the show lasting past the summer. Sorry but thats just how I see it.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are an idiot. The CAGcast was pretty much Wombat's own creation, and you think he's out to purposefully sabotage it? Can you not tell when two friends are just ribbing each other?

This entire "OMG CAGCAST IS TEH DOOMED" is ridiculous.

[quote name='jeter23']I love the show cheapy and wombat and have listened to most of your 100 plus podcasts. But this
was pretty bad, if you guys can’t get along it might be time to split. Wombat is normally the guy who keeps things in check. Not this time, he was acting like a 13 y/o girl with pms. Was it really necessary to snap and clap your hands during the show? This keeps getting worse with this guy it’s as if he wants to kill the show. Cheapy he can be replaced do not let him kill the show! You drive the bus not him. At this rate I can’t see the show lasting past the summer. Sorry but thats just how I see it.[/QUOTE]

One bad show and we're doomed. Yikes! but normally you like me, I can still redeem myself

[quote name='Nightskyre']Holy crap guys, double standard much?

God of War would still be a great game without Kratos, but you have to agree that being in that setting (that is, the greek setting, fighting the greek gods, etc) added "something to the game" (a comment you said about the Nintendo IP in Smash).

To quote CheapyD, "People love Metal Gear Solid, they love Snake" and yet, no comparison of MGS to Smash Brothers? What?

Again, to quote Cheapy, "In the Bizzaro world, and there's no such thing as Mario, and no such thing as Zelda...." I really don't want to think Cheapy has a bias against Nintendo, but he's not following his thought to a logical conclusion. In a world where Nintendo IP doesn't exist, this game doesn't exist!!!! We can't make these analyses in a vacuum! We all agree this game is fan service, and now we're trying to analyze the game without that which Nintendo is using to service fans? Does that even make sense? If these IP's didn't exist, Nintendo wouldn't have even made the Smash Brothers games, so what's the point in separating the IP from the game?

What is Ratchet and Clank without Ratchet and Clank? What is Jak without Jak? I mean, not to beat a dead horse, but at least be consistent with the argument.[/quote]
I agree.
Also SSBB distinguishes itself from other fighters in its game play (platform elements, simple controls, good 4 player, level selection that matters). Take an average WWII fps replace Nazis with covenant call it halo4 I'm sure it would sell gangbuster and get at least 90s.
Also people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games not Nintendo characters (with the exception of pokemon and maybe Zelda) or else crap like starfox assault would have sold. Kind of like people buying an xbox or 360 for halo.

Honestly the CAGCast need not change... I have enjoyed it since day 1 (although I've taken some breaks here and there).

Although maybe there could be more call-ins, I would enjoy getting a chance not to be hung-up on.

[quote name='Wombat']One bad show and we're doomed. Yikes! but normally you like me, I can still redeem myself[/QUOTE]

much like the Terrorist Hunts we did lol

I like how CheapyD (and probably just about every other podcast host I hear) always say that they're going to go back and edit out a part of the show that they messed up on, but they never do.

bread's done
Back