CAGcast #144 is going to be late

oh well :(

hopefully we get a CAG Cast this week, and not a live show. I NEED MY CAGGY GOODNESS! >.<

anyway, just do what you can guys

[quote name='evanft']No offense, but are you fucking retarded? I mean, Jesus Assraping fuck, every live show has been an absolute audio abortion. You might as well record yourself taking a shit and then loop it over William Hun singing Nessun Dorma. Even that wouldn't be as annoying as JimmieMac or a bunch of jackasses saying "Hey, what's up?" ad nauseum.[/QUOTE] The normal show is clearly superior to the live versions. Even if the sound quality was up to par there's no contest. But not all the live shows are stupid. Some of them have been pretty good. I mean none really cares to listen to Jimmie Mac defend himself like a Catholic priest in San Francisco but not all the shows involve him.[quote name='Ivanhoe']Try a live show without the call-ins.
Would be nice.[/QUOTE]a live show without call-ins might as well be a normal show in which case you might as well delay the release and then cheapy can get the quality back up and then we're back for the normal show.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry, gonna take the week off...see you next week![/QUOTE]

Damn son. Howard's on vacation next week. This is when we need CAGcasts the most!

Happy Holidays.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry, gonna take the week off...see you next week![/quote]

NOOOO! Cheapy, at least have the podcast come out early next week. Say around Sunday/Monday? So we can all have something to listen to on our holiday rides to other's houses.

See this is where Cheapy should have Shipwreck fill in for Wombat. If Wombat can't do the show the day they are supposed to record, bang go to Ship or even Mrs. Ship.

Actually Mrs. Ship and Cheapy doing a podcast together might be really good. The two completely different styles might be awesome or so spectacularly bad, that the episode of the Cagcast will be remembered for ever.

[quote name='Wolfkin']there is no control over the quality of the recording in live shows which is why Cheapy is usually hesitant about doing them.

For the record I for one am all for it.[/quote]

Oh thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry, gonna take the week off...see you next week![/quote]

Enjoy the break, will you guys do a show next week or will you be busy with the holidays? Either way happy holidays.

(I know you guys are Jewish but I'm not Christian and we "celebrate" it anyways)

Another live call in -- oh, no...last one was funny -- I dunno -- I think I prefer another podcast...not that my preference means anything. Wombat -- hope all is well.

Shit this is sad news. If I wasn;t working massive overtime this week I would ask if some people wanted to make a CAG Withdrawl Cast. but I gotz no time. :(

[quote name='oscargrouch']See this is where Cheapy should have Shipwreck fill in for Wombat. If Wombat can't do the show the day they are supposed to record, bang go to Ship or even Mrs. Ship.

Actually Mrs. Ship and Cheapy doing a podcast together might be really good. The two completely different styles might be awesome or so spectacularly bad, that the episode of the Cagcast will be remembered for ever.[/QUOTE]

If anything it would have been me and Shipwreck, but he wasn't avail and Mrs Ship isn't feeling well. Cheapy took the week off, not just me

[quote name='Wombat']If anything it would have been me and Shipwreck, but he wasn't avail and Mrs Ship isn't feeling well. Cheapy took the week off, not just me[/QUOTE]

Wombat, maybe you don't understand how this works. It's always your fault.

[quote name='Wombat']If anything it would have been me and Shipwreck, but he wasn't avail and Mrs Ship isn't feeling well. Cheapy took the week off, not just me[/quote]

damn, i'll do a 1 hour show with you about random stuff just so we have something for this week. ;)

Ugg another week off?

Good thing we don't pay you :]
Other shows usually do a holiday special show you guys just take the week off...

[quote name='oscargrouch']See this is where Cheapy should have Shipwreck fill in for Wombat. If Wombat can't do the show the day they are supposed to record, bang go to Ship or even Mrs. Ship.

Actually Mrs. Ship and Cheapy doing a podcast together might be really good. The two completely different styles might be awesome or so spectacularly bad, that the episode of the Cagcast will be remembered for ever.[/quote]

Interesting. I agree that a CheapyD/Mrs. Shipwreck show would be interesting. I liked the Wombat/Shipwreck mash-up before, so this other one could prove to be interesting.

Layoffs are really rare in Japan. They are happening now, but they are much less common than here in the States right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude i went thru my third time days ago and i just realized they started up the Engadget Podcast so I have like 10+ of those to catch up on.

What a bunch of ungrateful bastards! With 143 episodes under their belts, i think they can take a week off whenever they like.

Happy holidays guys, keep up the good work!

[quote name='Wombat']as of right now we are recording tonight[/quote]

Thanks for the update, Wombat. Happy holidays, guys.

you know there's no reason for me to stay up till 1am waiting for a podcast that I won't actually listen to till like 8 or 9. i might as well wait and download it then. I'm gonna d few rounds of Geometry Wars Galaxies and go to bed. night all

Yay for new CAGcast! But I still find it funny that everytime a show gets "delayed", it basically means that week's show is cancelled, or it'll happen later and the next week's show will be cancelled because of how close they are.

bread's done
Back