CAGcast #162: Motion Sickness - An E3 2009 Wrap Up Show

still waiting for that video podcast *in HD!* if only to see Cheapy's new sweatshirt :)

Also, really like Ship on the show. Would be nice to have him on a bit more since Foreplay Podcasts are few and far between.

[quote name='ianoid']
Who turns off the CAGCast to turn on 1up (see above post)? I can't listen to any other gaming podcast, if just because the production values suck. A travesty for companies or divisions of companies 10-20x larger than CAG. Not to mention the content is rambling and dull.

I do sometimes get sick of some CAGCast topics. I heard enough about Lobster munching this episode.[/QUOTE]

It is just that I hear enough about weed from my friends. That is all they talk about/do. I don't particularly like it, or think it is a healthy life style and I hate how people act like it is the greatest thing in the world and never shut up about it. I've lost a lot of friends over that junk and I just don't want to hear it in my podcasts as well. I'm still going to listen - just need to let Cheapy get his E3 Weed extravaganza out of his system first.

great show loved it some of those comments about your e3 show were stupid I don't mind that your going there to blaze a fatty and have a good time*.

* I wish I was there as well.

* I for one am not impressed by any of the motion controlled cameras. Microsoft's just seemed like alot of stuff that will never pan out. Sony's just seemed like an add on to the PSeye. Both of these offer nothing most people will use more than a few plays because it's not the dedicated controls like the Wii's motion controller.

At least Sony's will likely be cheaper (just guessing considering it's used with the PSeye and isn't a whole new camera) and seems more like it's competing with the Wii's controller as more of a gimmick. the Xbox is trying to make it self into something revolutionary when in reality it's not, sorry it just isn't. It's like 3D movies, at one time they were considered the "next thing" for movies but the technology wasn't they and it was no more than a gimmick. Nowadays 3D movies are back and the technology is vastly improved. The things is, just because it's better doesn't make it any less of a gimmick, I never feel more immersed in the movie in fact I feel taken out of it more cause I'm always aware of the gimmick. If I have to constantly figure out how I'm supposed to use my body with what's going on (like kicking a ball that isn't there) I'm going to be concentrating on what I'm supposed to be doing in the real world rather then what's going on in the game. The plus side of having a physical controller is everything is at your finger tips, you don't have to concentrate too much on what button to press and you can get more immersed cause you're paying attention to the game rather than concentrating on yourself.

The reason I love listening to this show is because it ADDs out a lot, talking about games and then switching to crazy stories about getting high or drunk or something. Keep this shit going, having a balance is great. *

Good show this week. It was nice hearing from Shipwreck (*as usual) and there didn't seem to be any technical hiccups this week when adding him.

Maybe Cheapy should have given the guy with the waterproof peripherals a big fat waterproof blunt to make him feel better. Come to think of it, aren't big plastic bags of weed waterproof?

The podcast was great. All I have to say is that you (cheapy) provide a very unique perspective on an event like E3. There are tons of places I can go to get good media coverage but I'd say that you make it feel more like I'm there. It's like something that I'd experience, except for the smoking weed thing, but it is like an average joe kind of coverage. I really enjoyed it & look forward to next years coverage.

Good show guys!
*clap

I still find myself amazed at how much disposable income shipwreck has. He lives in a mansion, pretty much buys any game / system he wants. As a fellow engineer, I want to know how he does it.

***one thing i'd like to say is cheapy, i love your brand of humor and all but i have to agree with that one afro-american guy. you are a little on the offensive side sometimes. in reference to the Fish sandwich story, there was no reason to inquire about the poor person's race. and expressly asking if she was black is EXTREMELY offensive. it make you seem like a closed-minded prick who thinks if someone is poor they MUST be black cuz only black people are poor. shame on you cheapy.

***also, enough f*cking weed talk already! we all know you don't get to smoke that often, but us "straight edges" don't partake, care to partake, or want to know about your illegal (in some states) drug escapades. shipwreck sounded really annoyed, too.

***on a completely separate note, holy F***K shipwreck! how the hell can you forget about Last Guardian?! that game looks amazing!! it's made by the same guy who did Ico and Shadow of the Colossus! that game is gonna be so boss! i was sure you mentioned it on your first E3 podcast...***

bread's done
Back