CAGcast #162: Motion Sickness - An E3 2009 Wrap Up Show

I'm a big fan of Cheapy and the Cagcast, but I have to say, if I wanted to hear people brag about how they smoke a lot of pot over and over and over and over, I'd go back to high school.

[quote name='spineynorman']I'm a big fan of Cheapy and the Cagcast, but I have to say, if I wanted to hear people brag about how they smoke a lot of pot over and over and over and over, I'd go back to high school.[/QUOTE]The good news is you only have to listen to that once a year. Or, if you skip the E3 show, you don't have hear it ever.

I can't wait to play Uncarted 2, although I'm still up in the air about whether or not multiplayer* will be that great, the single player looks awesome.

Always a cool podcast when you bring the triple threat. The first 15 minutes was kind of annoying though. Maybe it's just me, but I never care what the community thinks of the previous podcast. It just slows down the show as I wait for the actual "show" to begin. I was just like (>*_*)>. And yes, that was my entry.

I actually am disappointed that CheapyD shot down any discussion of Pinball Hall of Fame. I would love to hear Shipwreck's impressions and any possible launch dates.

* Why do they always have to address people who don't listen to previous podcasts. CheapyD did say not to expect much from the last podcast, yet people complained. Just say "beggers can't be choosers" and be done with it.

* I am glad to hear the PSP Go is looking good. I am a big handheld guy and would pick one up if there is a bundle or something extra with it for my 250. *

After I kept getting dropped from 1 Vs* 100 I was actually going to give up on it completely. But after hearing Shipwreck go nuts over it, I'm going to actually give it another shot.

Thanks Ship!

*(entry please*)I cannot see buying a "PSP Go" due to the extensive library of UMDs I already own. Seems like an upgrade is not logical unless I can somehow transfer UMDs to the flash drive. Given the major problems Sony already has with pirating, we probably won't see transfers ever. The only customers this redesign targets are people who don't already own a PSP or have money to burn. Oh yeah, and sucker addicts like Shipwreak who buy everything.

i went back and listened to the last e3 podcast and it had a similar theme, cheapy seems like more of an asshole then usual, hope it doesnt happen next week and all is back to normal. also cheapy we get it, you smoked a lot of weed...*

[quote name='Gamer SDP']toward the later half of the podcast, it seemed like shipwreck kinda stopped talking while wombat and cheapy have their usually back forth conversation.

does shipwreck or anyone else know if the water proof controller both was mentioned on any site? I found this vid while searching though it's from a while back* :

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/xbox-360-waterproof-controller/36966[/QUOTE]

I think they were talking about InFAMOUS and Red Faction: Guerilla - two games I haven't played. Plus my cat kept knocking his ball under the door of the room I record in, so I was getting up to throw it back under the door to him.

I did pick up InFAMOUS yesterday though.

As far as the controller, here's the company's website: http://www.playwet.net/
Yes, it's just a logo.

Good show guys. Seriously what is up with all the E3 haters? I mean chill people there is TONS of coverage all around the net regarding the show that you dont have to give Cheapy shit for chilling out and having fun at the show with Shipwreck. But anyways...

Woohoo! You are the first podcast I have heard to have some Sacred 2 discussion. This game is awesome and has been lost in the E3 hubbub that others shows like havent even talked about it. You should know Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck that the patch they just released last weekend gives you a much better camera for 2 player co-op play on one console. You can now see a lot more of the detail which is great. Its great that they are getting patches out there quickly (xbox 360 version) and fixing bugs and complaints people are having. Given that you can play the game over and over with the same or different characters on multiple difficulties there is a TON of replay value. I cant recommend the game enough.

Keep up the good work guys!
*** Would love a BETA code for Uncharted 2****

Great show guys, thanks.
I am kind of shocked by all the weed comments in this thread. And now I'm writing one. If you guys hate weed talk, don't ever listen to the SModcast. I don't feel that Cheapy spends an inordinate amount of time talking about weed, aside from this episode. The cagcast is the best because of the honesty of cheapy and wombat. I noticed that the first time I listened. So, cheapy's being honest, + funny = CAGcast.

I just want to know how Cheapy is able to find weed everytime he comes to the US. Does he just walk up to random strangers and ask if they're selling?

I mean, I know that it's not hard to come by, but it is pretty risky buying.

Also, was there no mention of either a new Rainbow Six game or a new Ghost Recon game at E3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great E3 round up. I've been pruning the podcast subscriptions recently (good bye Up Yours! (or whatever the 1up podcast is now,) but cagcast is well worth my time. Thanks for all of the great shows.

To copy from firehawk:
Oh, and not to be subtle about it: *********! (That's a yes to the code!)

Cheapy, I'm curious on what you guys do after you finish the podcast. Do you guys continue on with some consersation or just hang up on each other right where the podcast ended? If you continue on, why not record them and stick it at the end of the podcast. and..*****..please!!!

Unrelated but i'm liking CheapyD's Audiboo. Randomly appeared in my iTunes feed. Although I already listened to some from your twitter.

Nice to have the crew back together. Cheapy, I think you took the E3 show complaints too seriously. You mentioned beforehand you wouldn't cover the show. Just ignore them, we don't need the giant boring rant at the beginning of the show. **** the haters.

Great show!

Cheapy, I don't get why people are giving you and Shipwreck such a hard time about the lack of E3 coverage during the show. As far as I'm concerned, you don't "owe" anybody any coverage, since this site is more about bringing people deals rather than breaking news and hands-on coverage. When you do talk about games we listen because we value your opinion, but to me it just seems like E3 is just like any other vacation you might take.*

Hopefully Wombat can make it out to the show next year. I looked for you and Shipwreck on the show floor and didn't see you. I guess my ability to spot tall, baked bald men has diminished over the years. Anyway, thanks for doing the CAGcast (mostly) each week. It's on my short list of must listen shows.

I appreciated the coverage of E3 for what it was from you guys. A lot of sites do comprehensive coverage of every title, but you guys pick the good stuff and give an honest opinion in an entertaining way. Great job!

I've never felt the need to comment on the show, but god damn cheapy, please stop with all the weed talk.

I love the CAGcast (most of the time), but the constant weed talk is driving me insane. It all seems so immature to me, and I can't imagine bragging about it with kids.

Lost all respect for Cheapy when he said, "People without Media passes barely got in, so they shouldnt have all the perks us with Media badges have". Screw you sucker. I did more work on the show floor than you and shipwreck combined!

Just to let you know Cheapy. I know you think you are the main aspect of the show... but, you are not. It is the dynamic between you and Wombat that makes it good. Without Wombat they show is nothing- vice versa. As you can tell from the previous, Shipwreck and Cheapy show.

You are no more important than Wombat!

P.S. I had a Exhibitor badge, yet I still did a ton of work/interviews. Not all green badges are Best Buy employees...

The original Left 4 Dead was a rippoff at a $60 game. But I bought it since valve has always been good at adding content to a game afterwards. The original game lacked enough content to be a full priced game. So i guess that is why people are kind of mad at valve for pushing out L4D2 which looks like its more of the same.

********************************************************************************************************************************

[quote name='pb0000']The original Left 4 Dead was a rippoff at a $60 game. But I bought it since valve has always been good at adding content to a game afterwards. The original game lacked enough content to be a full priced game. So i guess that is why people are kind of mad at valve for pushing out L4D2 which looks like its more of the same.

********************************************************************************************************************************[/QUOTE]
Yea, I could not imagine buying that game for 60 bucks (I got it for 20 on that halloween sale)... it is a great game, but it is definitely lacking in content. Games are already way to expensive as is...

[quote name='Wombat']they completely turned the game around, so thats a 360, also wasn't I talking about Splinter Cell?[/QUOTE]

* Maybe it was splinter cell, turning the game around would be considered a 180, going the opposite direction of sucking - 180. You don't turn the game around by doing a 360, that would be turning completely around and heading back in the original direction of sucking - 360. I believed they even covered this in a Seinfeld episode.

[quote name='kiddvid']* Maybe it was splinter cell, turning the game around would be considered a 180, going the opposite direction of sucking - 180. You don't turn the game around by doing a 360, that would be turning completely around and heading back in the original direction of sucking - 360. I believed they even covered this in a Seinfeld episode.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post about this. Kiddvid is right. It's a 180*

Also, I agree with those who say that there's too much weed talk in the last episode. Christ, Cheapy, you really do sound like a teenager when you talk about smoking weed. We're not impressed.

I loved last weeks podcast and mass effect 2 but I wanted to know how you feel abot red faction so far I am on badlands and almost done their do you think you would buy a sequel of this if one came out

**I do agree with Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck about the beatles game being a rip off, 45 songs thats it and then annouce albums right after launch, FU RB, at least give the same amount of songs like RB1 and RB2, man I will wait till I can get the game used b/c RB will milk this the same as GH.**

Should have renamed the show to the Weedcast for this last one. Cheapy, you smoked a s#*t ton of weed during E3, we got the idea the first time you brought it up in the show. Didn't need it brought up again and again and again.

I wish I could've gone to see the show in person, but Cheapy was right in saying that everything is accessible online. The only things I was interested in was Uncharted 2, Just Cause 2 and Natal, the first two of which I saw online, and Natal on Jimmy Fallon show. Oh, and booth babes...but that's what the Internet was built for. *

[quote name='SoxFan13']
As my name suggests, I am a White Sox fan, and blah blah blah makes a good point.......[/QUOTE]

You know, I am not a big baseball fan, but I know that there is a Red Sox and White Sox team so I can not really tell that you are a White Sox fan from your name, its kind of a toss up.

I do think that its funny that some people are upset with the no in-depth E3 coverage and instead we hear stories about weed and shopping at Macy's. Thats just the equivilant of reading Hustler and Swank for in-depth hard to the core news stories. If cheapassgamer is anyway indebted to their audience it should be consumer price alerts and news (wich they did cover well). Good job pointing out the DLC for Rockband Beatles and laughing about Activision and Natal. This website is here primarly for pricing details of stuff, not current news coverage for games.

It's obvious that Cheapy was very happy about his *weed smoking experience*. I'm curious if Mr. D will use his wealth and power to help legalize marajuana all around the world. What say you Cheapy D?

Cheapy, don't listen to the haterz. The weed talk is typical of the honesty and humour of the CAGcast and it would be a lesser experience if you start editing yourself.

Yeah I'd agree, Cheapy made a choice about his personal life and since the CAGcast is very personal expect things like weed and poop stories...hey it's what makes the show the show

I guess you guys can put a warning in the OP?

Cheapy,
It makes me laugh that people don't know what they are getting from you, the CAGcast, and CAG's E3 coverage by now. You said it as plainly as can be last year and again this year. Your honesty and hilarious stories is one of the reasons I have been listening so long. Don't change a thing. *

Sounds like you guys had fun. I'd proably be more like Ship trying to see as much as possible.

A little more weed references than I would like, but otherwise a good show. *

I wasn't quite sure if Cheapie smoked weed at E3 after listening to the podcast. He beat around the bush too much and didn't talk about it enough. Next time just say I smoked weed. And say it more than once. Say it more than 20 times. Try to say it more times than the characters in House of Dead Overkill dropped (the videogame world record number of) f-bombs. Otherwise your audience is left dazed and confused.

Right when CheapyD gave best in show to a bag of weed, I instantly turned it off and listened to 1up's Listen Up...

Waste of time. Keep justifying that Media Badge cheapy... :roll:

Wombat- enough with the jealousy. You are a critical player in the CAGCast. You make the show great. But if you left, there would still be CAG, there would still be a CAGCast. On air, can you please reckon with the fact that you didn't start the website, Cheapy did. And he has give you a great opportunity to discuss one of your passions publicly, one you would have been unlikely to have had otherwise. You are the Jackie Martling of the show. A critical player, and nobody (umm, not me at least) wants to see you leave. But if you left, the show would go on. Yes, you helped start the show, credit is due. From there, you have to have the humility to accept that it's Cheap's coat tails you're riding, and your opportunity. I hope that something good in the gaming industry comes of it for you- again.

And why do you have to call Cheapy out on the friends thing? Seriously, Cheapy is the professional here, not getting pissed about that. I would have been furious that you brought that up on air, even if it rings true.

Enough Wombashing.

Who turns off the CAGCast to turn on 1up (see above post)? I can't listen to any other gaming podcast, if just because the production values suck. A travesty for companies or divisions of companies 10-20x larger than CAG. Not to mention the content is rambling and dull.

I do sometimes get sick of some CAGCast topics. I heard enough about Lobster munching this episode.

bread's done
Back