CAGcast #170: Wombat is Trash: The Trilogy Concludes

Hey Cheapy, cut the fucking iphone bullshit out of the show. No one gives a fuck about that shit and it puts me to sleep almost as fast as Wombat.

Shipwreck, it was Disgaea 3 that has the $50 pack collecting all of the paid content into a single download. Cross Edge only had 3 packs (if memory serves) that cost anything with about 12 that were fucking free.

Wombat, good show. Make Cheapy talk less about those fucking iphone games. It's not a gaming platform and it isn't even a good phone. fuck that shit!

I haven't heard the CAGcast yet (will tonight), but I have to say some of the blog postings on CAG have been beyond that of questionable taste IMHO. Is a blog on CAG that makes fun of Parkinson's Disease any better than what occurs on Xbox Live?

One more fucking thing, I just had to buy an HDMI cable when I bought an Xbox and the cheapest price I found was a little over $3.50 (shipped) from Firefold.com for their house-branded cable. If you need more than one or just like to have extras you can get a better price per cable, I think someone had a sale like 3/$6 or something crazy yesterday. But if you just need one I'd highly recommend Firefold, they shipped it fast and it works great.

That CAGCast was a kick in the Taint! And congrats on winning that fucking howard stern auction, hope you guys make it on air and you can play it on the Cagcast!

everyone please stop cussing so much or you'll make our lord and master very angry for taking his name in vain.
shaqfu.jpg

Holy crap! I'm an avid Stern fan, so the news that Cheapy and Wombat will be on his show is the best thing I've heard all week. Make us proud, guys, and prepare yourselves - Stern and his crew will be relentless when they find out that you're gamers. After all, why would anyone play something like that Guitar Hero when they could learn the song on an actual guitar. Right..? ;)

The one thing that disappointed me heavily from this CAGcast was the lack of Shipwreck. It seemed like the only time he made any comment was when he had to discuss a review or say that he got that game in for review. To be honest, I find it to be shit that he didn't get as much input as both Cheapy and Wombat.

Otherwise, I think this CAGcast was actually really fucking great... These comments make me laugh, cause you can tell how many are just throwing as many fucks in there as they can.

What a great CAGcast! Great interview with Stephen Toulouse. I've always wanted to play Blood on the Sand so please fucking send me a copy. Thanks! fuck!

What the fuck Wombat? You didn't report any of those assholes. You're the reason they're still polluting our service. I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

Finally, someone agrees with me that District 9 was just an ok movie and not a fucking sci-fi bukkake explosion. Thanks Wombat, props to you. I actually had more fun watching Gi Joe in the theater.

i will like to win that fucking game but i dont have a fucking 360
aaaaaaaaa
hopefully microsoft just wont stare at the fucking ps3 slim, and lower the 360 price
and i kind of feel bad for paying $600 for the fucking original 60gb

For you HDMI needs everybody recommends fucking monoprice, while thats a good site and all, take a gander @ ebay. You can buy 30ft cables for less than $15 fucking dollars.

This has been your fucking cheapass advice, courtesy of me.

[pickup a a cheap video card with hdmi out for about $35 for your pc and you can use your HDTV as a second monitor for streaming without having to buy a mac like "Cheapy"D]

Hey Cheapy that price you paid to meet Howard Stern is fucking crazy! But it's cool that you have someone that you admire that much. Congratulations on paying 10grand instead of 30grand. You're an internet space mother fucking pimp. Keep it going.

This episode of the CAGCast was fucking awesome. Shipwreck, Stepto, and hearing about how "cheapy"D spent over Ten fucking thousand dollars to be on Howard Stern. fucking A! Now can my poor ass get a fucking copy of fucking 50-cent or what the fuck?

I sense a theme here. Looking forward to giving this one a listen.

I heard last weeks episode, and I think Wombat deserves a tremendous amount of credit for putting on full display what kind of place XBL can be. Although as CannibalCrowley so elegantly put it, you should have reported those people.

If cheapy can afford to drop 10k for fucking Howard Stern, the least he can do is give me a fucking copy of 50 cent blood on the sand... fuck!

Not use to a CAGcast on time. :applause:

X360 should of had a fucking redesign in 2007; 90% of X360's won't last 10 years. Why the hell has the FTC never been called in?!

Sony needs a banhammer watch group, can't even report all the fan mail I have stored. Guess that's what paid membership gets 'ya.

I love how Major Nelson pushed this banhammer onto the show to teach us how to report people on Xbox live...If Cheapy and Wombat were in the same room I could imagine them giving each other looks and wondering "why the fuck is this guy acting like a PSA?" I could see through his line of shit right away. That being said, it was still nice to see what he had to say.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! another fucking CAGcast!
Kinda sad that Shipwreck wasn't able to talk much on the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat I wanted to suggest a method of dealing with assholes on the internet that you might find cathartic. Talk shit back. Not only does it feel good to get your comeuppance but it can be hilarious, I know I crack myself up every time I do it. Also you can tackle it in various ways and they all work quite well, you can be serious, light hearted, or simply ridiculous.

Here is a short story that demonstrates what I’m talking about. My cousin is a big fan of the Street Fighter franchise and does not yet own a console. When I told him about the $20 sale at GameStop he jumped on Street Fighter 4. I personally don’t like fighting games as I am not very good at them and they bore me quite quickly. So after he bought it he played arcade mode on my PS3 and was challenged quite a few times. A few days later I notice there are a lot of messages in my inbox on my ps3 from people I do not know. One of them said “Hahahaha pussy” to which I replied “If I wanted any lip from you I woulda pulled your panties down” unfortunately he never replied back to me after that. Another player sent the message “Man you suck with ken” followed by the message “lol bum get better with ken plz”. I sent back “No you suck sucker so suck on that!” to which he replied “my bad”.

Here are more examples of stuff you can use.
-Hey douchebag, quit being such a douchebag
-If I wanted to hear an asshole I would have farted
-Your Moms!!
-Listen shut up a second
-Don’t make me donkey punch you while your mom watches
-You want to go to war I’ll take you to WAR!!
-You know I was just sitting here wondering if you were an asshole…Thanks for clearing that up for me.
-Your mom didn’t want me to tell you… but I thought you should know that you were adopted. Oh and your dad never loved you. And yes I am referring to both dads.

ETC I could go on but you get the idea. Have fun with it, quote your favorite movie or just make up some gibberish, throw in some caps and some exclamation marks, do a short one linear or tell an involved story. I’m sure once you try it you will see it is pretty damn fun. On a related note you might want to check with Stephen Toulouse if you could get in trouble for retaliating. I think you probably can but fuck that noise; eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, and trash talk for trash talk is what my grandpa always said, and its in the bible.

Why can't you guys discuss Wombat's fucking taint more?

OK, real comments. You guys can get pretty CORNY. Especially Wombat. Seriously, you guys are better than that (whether you believe me or not). You gotta have filters.

The show is awesome, the interview was good, but mired in borderline corporate speak. To be expected.

Now that Cheapy and Wombat are going to be on Stern (very excited for you), will there be any way for us to listen to that segment that you are on legally, if we aren't Sirius subscribers?

I had Sirius for a while to listen to Stern, but I found that podcasting got me enough material for my extended commute. Too bad I can't download Stern shows on itunes. I was sort of sick of the repeating Stern shows (kept tuning in at the same time in the show) and the ads (which were short, but enough already). I think I would be happy to hear a highlight reel every week, rather than the entire shows. I'd pay a few bucks on itunes for that.

Hey Wombat, you shouldn't let those fucking taints get at you on Xbox Live you should stick it right back at them, well hopefully you at least gave that Xbox Live guy those gamertags that you had recorded for the show, didn't you? Cheapy that's one hell of a price to pay for Stern, I would like to know how many times have you bid to get on Howard's show and speaking of ridiculous or odd items, question for each of you is what is the oddest item you've ever gotten?

And for the fucking contest I wonder if in that game, 50 cent gives more shaq fu's than house of the dead overkill oh and speaking of shaq fu's has anyone seen that show shaq vs. that's a real fucking shaq fu of a time watching that show.

Also is that true about Jimmie Mac and Tek? I didn't see that coming, kind of similar coupling there like Cheapy and Mrs. Cheapy, Is it possilbe Tek is the future Mrs. Jimmie Mac? Cheapy there was mention of a link about this but I didn't see it in the show notes, where is it? When you do have him in you should ask him about them opening a restaurant together and is he as much of a villan or douche bag as he was before the show compared to now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometime ago I posted about Wombat sounding like a dick when he commented that people who buy XBox360's without harddrives don't deserve to have one. I disagreed.

Now, Shipwreck (and by association Wombat) claims that people who buy online content for their avatars are automatically douchebags.

Right, so my 12 year old nephew who's gamer tag is Star Wars related (he's a huge fan) had 5 stubborn old baby teeth pulled in one day a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say he felt a bit shitty, followed by a not-so-fun 3 hour drive home. I wanted him to have some fun so I gave him some Microsoft points. He found the light saber immediately and got it to go with his gamertag.

This is the same kid who refused the offer of new shoes for his 7th grade year because he felt the ones he had were still fine and it would be a waste of money.

$5.00 for a 12 year old kid to salvage what was left of one the last days of summer (to be followed in a week by yet another dentist visit) doesn't seem very douchebaggery to me, but then again......

....not at all like a grown man who owns so many games and so much gaming paraphernalia it's piled in boxes and boxes in his basement, a perfectly reasonable way to spend money. Or a grown man who spends how much on comic books and gaming? or a man who runs a website called CHEAPass Gamer spending $10,000 on a chance (yes charity, but come on!!) to meet Howard Stern. (sorry Cheapy, had to include you, more guilt by association)

Anyone want to guess what my definition of a douchebag is? No, you wouldn't care.

I love the show but sometimes you hit a nerve with your flippant bullshit comments.

Wombat, you didn't like District 9 and would have rather seen G.I. Joe? What the shit man? You are douchenozzle-townhall-shouter batshit fucking crazy. Hand in your nerd badge please.

Hey Cheapy, why don't you just tell us when you are going to get to the PS3 news/games or the 360 games/news. I mean an exact time we can turn to in the outline. That way we don't have to listen to your fucking shit and we can tune where we want. This may keep me interested in a show that has faded in both interest and authenticity.

Its kinda funny I was going to swear anyway so, this way it doesn't seem forced.

Oh yeah... Wombat sorry for the punks on XBL. I have dropped games b/c of dicks but, why don't they just have an entire forum devoted to CAG multiplayer. I want one place where they can have a game title and time that is it

Wow, nice fucking idea for a contest. Now we all look like we have the intelligence of your average 5th grader. keep up the great work on the podcast. It's easily the best gaming cast on the net.

Look at all those fuck 's lol. Btw how would I get Howard Stern if I don't have Satellite radio? Can I pay a little bit to listen online for a month?

Two fucking tall ass skinny nerds..cheapyd and stern. One hairy, and one hair-less. Cant wait to hear more about stern! You should do a whole cagcast about it.

what to do when someone trash talks ???

GROW A SET OF BALLS AND TALK BALK AND OR GROW A SET OF BALLS AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN ... no pun intended

[quote name='Cidtalk']Sometime ago I posted about Wombat sounding like a dick when he commented that people who buy XBox360's without harddrives don't deserve to have one. I disagreed.

Now, Shipwreck (and by association Wombat) claims that people who buy online content for their avatars are automatically douchebags.

Right, so my 12 year old nephew who's gamer tag is Star Wars related (he's a huge fan) had 5 stubborn old baby teeth pulled in one day a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say he felt a bit shitty, followed by a not-so-fun 3 hour drive home. I wanted him to have some fun so I gave him some Microsoft points. He found the light saber immediately and got it to go with his gamertag.

This is the same kid who refused the offer of new shoes for his 7th grade year because he felt the ones he had were still fine and it would be a waste of money.

$5.00 for a 12 year old kid to salvage what was left of one the last days of summer (to be followed in a week by yet another dentist visit) doesn't seem very douchebaggery to me, but then again......

....not at all like a grown man who owns so many games and so much gaming paraphernalia it's piled in boxes and boxes in his basement, a perfectly reasonable way to spend money. Or a grown man who spends how much on comic books and gaming? or a man who runs a website called CHEAPass Gamer spending $10,000 on a chance (yes charity, but come on!!) to meet Howard Stern. (sorry Cheapy, had to include you, more guilt by association)

Anyone want to guess what my definition of a douchebag is? No, you wouldn't care.

I love the show but sometimes you hit a nerve with your flippant bullshit comments.[/QUOTE]

my definition of a douchebag is someone who thinks we were referring to children when making such statements and not adults. Also I stopped buying comics over a year ago, and I spend very little on videogames. These days my all money goes to the bills and mortgage. Or does providing for my family make me a douchebag too? It seems we are not the only ones who make flippant bullshit comments.

[quote name='Wombat']my definition of a douchebag is someone who thinks we were referring to children when making such statements and not adults. Also I stopped buying comics over a year ago, and I spend very little on videogames. These days my all money goes to the bills and mortgage. Or does providing for my family make me a douchebag too? It seems we are not the only ones who make flippant bullshit comments.[/QUOTE]

Now now people, we all have a little douchebag in us all.

[quote name='shipwreck']Now now people, we all have a little douchebag in us all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if you're a female. Otherwise, where do you put it? Wait, I don't wanna know... ;) j/k Shipwreck

Great fucking show guys! The guy from Xbox live sounded like he was talking to you guys from his xbox live headset and sounded like a giant piece of shit stuck in a toilet. lol Overall another great show by you guys! Cagcast fuck Yeah!

Great fucking show!! Can't wait for the Howard Stern thing.. Going to have to listen in on that..

I can't believe what happened To Jim! Even if he wasn't a CAG he would have been my favorite.
"You can put a prom dress on a pig but you still can't dance with it.." So fucking funnny. Do you think he lost all his emotion because Tek got the boot? Oh well..

Tell Jim to get on a Top Chef next!

[quote name='Tengaport']Cheapy, Wombat & Ship

hate to chime in like this, but I've got to say that the CAGCast's rigid format is delving deeper and deeper into 'stale' territory. Had it not been for the interview with Stephen Toulouse I'm not sure I would have made it through the entire episode.

The back and forth between Cheapy and wombat has fizzled lately and the entirety of the show feels like you're both just going through the motions.

I began listening to the CAGCast because I needed something that was different from dire of 'professional' gaming podcasts. I could no longer stand the elitist opinions, the privileged attitudes of those 'professional podcasts. CAGCast struck me as a gaming podcast with 'actual' gamers at the helm whose opinions on things felt very close to my own.

Sadly however this connection is becoming more and more strained as the CAGCast slinks into still waters. I mean, show feedback, new releases, gaming news, NPD numbers?!?!How generic can you get?

Honestly, I don't give a shit about NPD numbers. I'm tuning in because I'm interested in your opinions & personalities. What are you guys playing, what do you think about those games and what are your thoughts what's happening in the gaming world (and outside of it as well). Lately, instead of chiming in on the news you are just reciting what you've culled from other news sites verbatim. It's like you're just reciting my RSS reader at times.

To make matters worse, the recent influx of 'review copies' on CAG is tarnishing the value of your input (looking at you Ship & Wombat). I'm interested in hearing about the games you want to play, not hearing your opinions on games you are only playing because someone sent them to you. There are more than enough sites already with 'holier-than-though', 'this is my job' gaming reviews - want I want is just the straight shit from someone who actually cares about what he/she is playing. I swear, the second I hear Wombat say the word 'embargo' again I am unsubscribing from the show.

I enjoy the CAGCast because it is different, but that doesn't mean the show can just rest on it's laurels. It needs to evolve but unfortunately it seems to be regressing into a sea of mediocrity.

Ease up on the format a bit, or change things up from episode to episode. Get your opinions & personality back into the show. Do something, because you guys need to rekindle the spark that made the CAGCast so great.

godspeed my friends!

ps - eat a bag of dicks![/QUOTE]I just want to say Tengaport hits on something I hadn't been able to articulate; I agree with his general characterization. You guys are getting just a wee bit stale on the CAGCast.

Get your fucking personalities back in the show, shitheads!

Oh, I forgot about the contest in my last post... the thought of the PS3 camera monkey flying around on a giant cock is pretty fucking hilarious.

[quote name='Falion']Oh, I forgot about the contest in my last post... the thought of the PS3 camera monkey flying around on a giant cock is pretty fucking hilarious.[/QUOTE]

after reading this I will now only refer to EyePet as "PS3 camera monkey", thank you for that

I'd really like to post an entry into the fuck swearing contest thing but I'm afraid I would get banned for life,is there a thread/or post somewhere that says that Cheapy or Any mod won't ban me for letting the filth fairy fly in this contest ?

as always...great fucking podcast. it was a magnificent threesome.

this Star Wars fan will never buy the overpriced avatar items in the marketplace. I was tempted to buy the Clone Trooper helmet. the prices microsoft charges for themes, gamerpics and items is insulting. and I buy a lot of XBLA games...except Trials.

Cheapy, I think you might enjoy Shadow Complex. it's a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back