CAGcast #194: Shipwreck's Burden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to disappoint you Shipwreck, but TBag is character from Prison Break. I highly recommend you to avoid that show. The series got worse and worse with each passing season. It really hard to milk a concept of breaking out of prison for an entire season. Not to mention the amount ridiculous plot twist and weird logic that will make a weird Japanese storyline look normal.

I sadly couldn't make pax east this year, although I'd thought of giving it a shot since I moved to Quebec this year from Alberta and a short drive to Boston is now much more doable than a week-long road trip each way. I'll be actively trying to go next year though, it sounds like a whole lot of fun.

I really enjoy the cagcast, it is excellent for work and even just driving around town on my rare days off! THank you for making it, and I look forward to the next one.

I just recalled that I heard Cheapy mention metacritic again in this podcast for a review. Why do people rely on such an unreliable site? There is no problem with metacritic; however, the problem is in the data povided to metacrttic. The problem with the data is that there is no universal guide to providing reviews to a game. There seem to be two main options the 5 point scale and the 10 point scale. These two scales contridicte each other. Lets say that on one site using the five point scale that it gets a 3/5 witch sounds good, but if you take that data that comes to a 60% ranking. On another site if it gets an 8/10 that makes the game a 80% ranking and gives the reviewer more leway to review. Some other sites get more in depth such as Game Informer, they have a 10 point scale and go up to a quarter of a point for a review. Some sites will go up to a half like 3 1/2 stars out of 5. Not all sites do that, even CAG only has a Five point system without any leway that means a game can get a ranking of only 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, or 100% on metacritic. So if there is a good game out there the metacritic score could be brought down by the 5 point ranking system. My friend pointed this out to me and his other complaint is that anyone can post scores to the site it seems like. Just an observation of the site, I used to love going there until my friend pointed it out to me and I can no longer stand to go there. If they had a universal 10 point scale than the site would have more credibility....

I just listen to the not so recent CagCast. I believe that Wombot suffers from the Robin Williams/ Jim Carrey syndrome were he thinks everything he says is funny. I was about to pull my hair out when he kept interrupting Cheapy during the GoDaddy commercial It's getting freaking annoying.

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Yay indeed, work is always a little less mind numbing with a Cagcast to listen to.[/QUOTE]

whats your display pic at cag ? that girl is so freaking hot , who is she ? please reply fast im out of patience

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back