CAGcast #194: Shipwreck's Burden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like how the opening theme song is different from week to week. The other gaming podcasts have one main song, so it's a nice change.

The more you guys talk about Just Cause 2, the more I want to play it (even after Justin McElroy's review of it).

Cheapy's comments about the shower reminded me of the Southpark Pokemon episode ("large American penis" references).

Also, @Shipwreck:

I saw a piece on the news this week about how Cincy cops are starting to use helmet cams during patrols. What do you think about this? I think they said it costs like $1000 per camera, and a monthly maintenance cost of about $100 per camera.

Wombat needs to record the background music for the Go Daddy promos so that the volume can be consistent throughout Cheapy's plug.

First episode I've ever listened to, pretty good guys. Couldn't help laughing during your GoDaddy shout-out with the 'singing' in the background, LOL.

Best part of the last few episodes is Wombat doing the music while Cheapy is trying to read the ad. Classic and awesome. My girlfriend and I busted out laughing during it.

Wombat's coverage of PAX East was great. Nice to see him get a little industry recognition. And I agree that Cheapy should go next year as well. The way the tall bald white guy stands out in a crowd, he'd get lots of recognition, which would stroke that ego like nothing else.

I like how Wombat busts Boatcrash's balls over how he pronounces certain words. How do you pronounce 'Mario' again, Wombat? :D

Wow, that was totally me who stopped Wombat in line for breakfast at PAX for a picture and he made Ben from Joystiq take the picture. I feel special :)

Great show as always.

Mr. BoatCrash,

I've listened with interest to your Skittles exploits. I, too, am a member of NASLA (NAtional Skittles Lover Association) and I thought I would relay to you a new way you can enjoy Skittles.

I am a nervous flyer. The primary reason for this is that I can get sick quickly. I take meds to help, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

One day while flying between Atlanta and New Orleans, I felt pretty good during the flight. It didn't seem like I would get sick. Flying is such an ordeal for me that I usually like to celebrate a bit when I land. I might get a Starbucks coffee, for instance.

This time, however, I had a bag of original Skittles. I hadn't eaten any in awhile at the time (gotta watch the figure for those NASLA meetings) so I picked one up in the Atlanta airport. By the way, Skittles in airports are expensive. I'm not sure you know.

So, I had this bag of Skittles with me and I decided to celebrate a little early. I popped open the bag and wolfed the Skittles down. Soooo good.

We began our approach into New Orleans and the aircraft felt like it was swooping a little. Some back/forward/up/down motion. I felt the beginnings of nausea. Sometimes I can hold it off with deep breaths ...

NOT THIS TIME.

You have never seen chewed, half-digested Skittles at the bottom of an air-sickness bag have you? It's actually quite interesting. Not only do all the colors remain in tact, it actually looks like the rainbow the ads ask you to taste.

Yes, I tasted the rainbow. Twice. Coming and going.

You may want to try this. So far, I am the only one who's done this in my chapter. I'm not sure if the guys that say they _will_ try it are just pulling me leg, but I think so.

Remember: There are many, many ways to enjoy Skittles. This is another, new one you may like!

In Skittles,

TCV

I have interesting problem that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I usually download the cagcast on Thursday morning to listen to at work with my buddy, because we work in the basement filling orders and stuff and we have nice speakers down there. But the problem is that since we start the podcast in the morning, it's over by 10:45 or 11:00 at the latest. That leaves us with about seven hours with no cagcasts to listen to, because we've already played all the old ones. So I'm asking you, as a favor to my coworker and I, can you please extend the episodes by several hours to keep us entertained for the entirety of our work day? Three or four more hours would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't even have to be about video games or anything, just make fart jokes for a couple hours. Actually, if you guys could record a six- or seven-hour episode every day, that would be pretty awesome because then we would have a new one every day!

Oh and Creepy, if you don't get off your ass to do a "best of" clips episode, I will travel from New York to Tokyo Tower, take lots of pictures of you as you are mooning the tower with your anus and balls, and put them all up on the internet with your name, info, and links to all your webpages. If you don't do one, you will be responsible for thousands of tears gushing from the eyes of CAGs everywhere.

Thanks guys.

- Jay Are

Hey guys! Great show last week. Definitely have been enjoying the show more with Boatcrash around. Been listening for a while and it was weird getting used to a third voice. Now I think it would sound weird without him. Keep up the good work!

Good show!

I would love to hear a trial of the crush gaming service. I think all 3 of you should take a crack at it and provide some feedback.

Meaning the cast of Ship, Cheapy, and Wombat all together has proven to work well and has stood the test of time, I'm glad it's worked out. :D And also this week's cagcast was very nice, the uh...discussion at the beginning was enlightening, hope Ship can manage with his unwieldy gift. Keep up the great work guys.

Wombat and Boatcrash. Are you guys still playing deadly premonition? I just picked it up myself, kinda weird game, just curious how far you guys got and if you enjoy it still?

Great work as usual keep it up

great cagcast guys. i enjoyed wombats take on his pax east experience. i really want to play some just cause 2 now after listening to you guys talk about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
good show, nice to hear another take on Metro2033. I've been going back on forth on deciding to pick it up.

I think DLC is almost always a rip-off. Most of it is stuff that should and could have been included in the game in the first place and would have been pre-DLC era.

Great show, I'm betting Gamestop just starts slapping stickers over anything on the case that says there is a code for DLC. Stickers are Gamestops go to solution.

[quote name='DeathFromAbove']Great show, I'm betting Gamestop just starts slapping stickers over anything on the case that says there is a code for DLC. Stickers are Gamestops go to solution.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is single-handedly keeping Goo Gone in business. :drool:

Nice show guys.

great show again guys i love listening every week i think you guys wouldn't have too much of a show unless you had wombat and shipwreck going at it back and forth that's the best.

Good show guys. Now I'm tempted to check out one of the PAX events. Being stuck in the midwest, I guess it doesn't matter which way.

Wow, I now know way to much about your dicks. Actually I guess we still have to wait to find out if they hang to the left or right. I'm sure that will be on a future show :)

Great show though. I think you guys have really hit your stride with having 3 people. Keep up the good work.

Way to go Wombat for showing us all why a communist state ruled by Comrade Wombat would be the greatest place on earth. I may have disagreed with your sentiment about the 'stimulus package' name but I'm right behind you on PAX and it's press events. Keep that stuff at E3 where it belongs.

You guys were talking about Andy from Goonies and while I couldn't find the elusive picture that Cheapy was looking at ("I think i see some nipple there") I did find out that her daughter is Kat Dennings.

http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/movieextras/top10s/goonies-sequel.php?ssid=8

KatDennings.jpg

Among her credits you might recognize her ample bosom from the 40 year old virgin where she was the daughter. The most realistic part of that movie was when a room full of guys was hitting on her.

I just recently got back onto the website and like all the new changes. I am hoping that the marketplace can get a local search or priority though. I know it's unlikely that a game I want is available within driving distance but the Atlanta deal thread seems pretty active and I live in Atlanta so maybe I'd get lucky. That makes me curious if your traffic tracking system can break it down into region or states. I know google analytics can. If you are willing to share this info I would be interested to know.

Also I noticed that the 2 most recent deals listed on joystiq were sourced from other sites that I won't mention. I don't know how much time they scooped you by but you also had the same info. Considering Wombat's affection for the guys and I know Chris Grant loves ya'll specifically the price alert, why are you getting scooped. Is it cuz of the name, maybe their AOL overlords don't want ass on the website? Maybe Wombat could take a more active liason role between ya'll. I originally found CAG from joystiq and still think that between your 2 podcasts I am the best informed and most entertained gamer I know.

Love the show, and try to start the next podcast with a word other that alright.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Why can't it be uploaded after you're done recording/editing?[/QUOTE]

So they dont have to do one next week.

When does Ship's Arcade open? This could be the first thing to make we want to return to Cincinatti!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back