CAGcast #194: Shipwreck's Burden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and one more thing: I appreciated that Wombat was trying to have some tact and not jump on the Crecente bash-wagon. Sure, everyone loves a little gossip now and again, but man Cheapy - ease up. I started to feel uncomfortable for Wombat...

Great CAG cast, bad April fools joke. Cheapy you obviously never had your identification stolen. Boatcrash hook me up with the Just Cause 2 stuff, I love that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you just need to get Mrs Ship on. She will add class to the show and we won't have to hear about people staring at Cheapy's junk at the gym. lmao. Great show. Loved the April Fools joke!

Great show. Though, Wombat's change on "The Conduit" was disappointing. That game shouldn't be compared to "Shit Shoes." Maybe cheap shoes, or old shoes. But, the game wasn't shit. It was short, linear and standard FPS.

There are other games on the PS3 and 360 that could be called "shit shoe" games, too. But, they are games that look great, are cutting edge but play like shit.

Nice podcast this week guys. I'm glad Wombat enjoyed himself at PAXEast. I was hoping to go but I wasn't able to this year.

Great show again this week. Shipwreck is definitely a great addition. Not only because of the gaming knowledge he brings, but I think he's made Wombat step up his game by threatening him on his home turf.

Love Wombat's little trumpet music during the promotions, maybe you should do a guitar solo next time.

Great show as always guys. I do think that Cheapy went a little heavy with the gossip love about PAX, but maybe he just wants the CAGcast to have a little more drama. Perhaps it's time for a love triangle substory....

Great show guys, bad idea listening to the whole show on the train coming back home..almost laughed out loud too many times.

Seriously? Don't you guys know what you can do with Linux?? Everything!

J/K :) Another good show guys, keep up the good work. I was out of town for PAX East, but maybe I'll have the pleasure to see Wombat next year.

Why is Crecente hated by other game websites? Think about the model for what Kotaku is. They summarize the news that other game sites work on and post about it. Yes they always link back but most people don't bother going to the source. So other sites do the work and Kotaku reports it all. Relatively Kotaku itself doesn't create much original content. That makes it a great aggragator for video game fans but bad for traffic on other sites. That trend is changing since Stephen Totilo came on board but it's still generally true.

Long lines, Xbox Live Arcade games, and very little quality swag.... PAX sounds more and more like a glorified, discount mall show and less like an actual expo.

another great show. wombat is right about CheapyD needing to come out to PAX East next year. It makes more sense to have one person travel a larger distance than have both boatcrash & wombat travel to Seattle.

Definitely want one of you guys to finish up Just Cause 2 to hear your overall impressions of the game. I understand that the game is a fun sandbox but I can't see that entertaining me for 8 hours. Will the story based mission hold up or is it not worth exploring because of the cheesy voice acting and uninteresting plot?

nice podcast guys. I used to be nervous bout gettting naked in the showers when I was in high school and cross country i just made myself pictured everyone else in thier underwear and the whole nudity thing didnt bother me at all so cheapyd be proud and LET IT BE NAKED... hehehe

Cheapy, Wombat, and Ship. Good work this week. Kept me sane while I pushed carts at work on Easter. I agree with the Just Cause 2 map debate. I wish that the map was either smaller or more streamlined, by which I mean easier to really know where your going, as Ship said you can be at the top of a Mountain and still be in the same town, if that's not fucking ridiculous nothing else is.

GREAT PODCAST BOYS.

Yes T-Bag is a character in Prison Break. The show is pretty fun to watch if you shut off your brain, its kinda like the cagcast in that way.......

Regarding the Penny Arcade game, you should never announce your game to be a series ahead of time. Just focus on building a good standalone game and then build off its success to the extent that you can.

Consider the fates of Too Human, Advent Rising and Xenosaga to name a few. The Half Life episodes are the exception, but they may have staved off series attrition by including extras like in the Orange Box.

I had the exact same thoughts on GTA4. Bought it at full retail price and was completely bored with it by the time I fully opened up the map. The game is a great technical achievement in bringing the city to life, but the actual game play is severely lacking in fun.

Another great show. I do agree with Wombat and Cheapy on the Pax East issue of closed-door press shows IN the convention center. PAX is for the gamer community.

If anything, the big companies should at least provide television displays of what is being shown in the closed environment. That way, they could keep it controlled for the press but provide an "eyes only" view of the game being demonstrated. If the company is afraid of showing a pre-alpha title, save the money on setting up these closed door meetings and just provide some swag for PAX attendees to help drum up interest in the game.

I really enjoyed this episode. Wombat had interesting tales from Pax East, and the overall chemistry of the cast was good. Keep up the great work.

Thanks to CheapyD, Wombat, and BoatCrash for the great show. I would also like it if Mrs. BoatCrash could make the occasional guest appearance.
While I think the lawsuit against gamestop is a grab for money, I hope that this will cause a change in policy at the stores. What I think they should do is reduce the price so that the DLC cost + used cost is less then the new price. Maybe they could work out a deal with the publisher to buy codes to include with used copies, so the publisher still gets money with each used sale. Anyways, again...great show as usual. Thanks.

You know I was listening to one of the previous CAGcasts and you guys mentioned that Crushgaming service and I really think Cheapy should pay for Shipwreck to check it out. I think it would be hilarious to hear what actually goes on behind the curtain (or screen in this case).
Also I think that Wombat should do another tweet session where he gets alternate nicknames for Cheapy for one episode and himself for another. And do something similar which brought the awesomeness of Boatcrash.
Keep up the good work
Doubting this will get read due to being on page 18,
Strife18 aka. PrepaidPandaz

I agree with Wombat about PAX, way to go for sticking up for us lowly gamers. Next time you should stick it to the man CAG style, with glitter, lots and lots of glitter. As for Two Worlds 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be a good game like Just Cause 2, where the first game was pretty janky but the sequel is covered in funsauce.

P.S. Nice April fools prank, I can't believe some people actually fell for it.

With all this Just Cause 2 talk, I feel I have no choice but to grab it now. I just hope it isn't too hyped at this point.

Where is PAX Midwest? I cant be traveling thousands of miles to see these things. What about a show in Texas? That way I could actually SEE your panel. Since I am cheap and all and don't want to buy a plane ticket.

Another great show, guys. I enjoyed the PAX talk, I'm glad Wombat's panel filled up. I was planning on being there this year, but my plans fell through. Boo.

Oh, and I kinda want Just Cause 2 after all this talk about it, even though it hasn't been on my radar at all. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back