CAGcast #194: Shipwreck's Burden

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I ever win the Wish List Wednesday contest I'm going to give up my game. Instead I'll see if I can have Wombat record background music for the voicemail message on the google voice account I use to avoid telemarketers. That should scare them off.

I've got to say I seem to be warming up to having Boatcrash as a regular. I do have to agree with the Wombat being the Cheap, Cheapy being the Ass, and Boatcrash being the Gamer comment mentioned on the show. Also looking forward to Wombat's big announcement that people who care about him will care about because I care.

I think you guys have reached your quota for talking about Shipwreck's penis for the year. Great show as always!

Did it really happen? A Cagcast without Cheapy Dick Hole talking about his big shot apartment or how much money he has..

I still have mad love for Wombat and Shipwreck!

[quote name='Hostile']If Just Cause 2 is even close to Red Faction: Guerrilla in terms of fun I'll look into getting it.[/QUOTE]

It is bro! I'm like 12 hours in and I think the missions are better than Red Faction.

If you liked Mercenaries (and not the crummy sequel) it's a lot like that.

What an interesting podcast lol.

Nice 15 minute discussion on male genitalia hahah!

Also question:
Is the 2nd requirement for that contest to post in THIS thread?

The April fools joke was sick. Actually freaked me out for a few seconds before I realized it was April 1st. I just don't expect to see my user name plastered on the front page. Nice job how you couldn't view the comments. I look forward to talk about this next cagcast.

Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck,

Wombat mentioned that it took forever to maneuver through the Xbox menu... Do you think they do that on purpose so you have to view all the crap available on Xbox live?

I think Cheapy's comparison of the review scores received by GTA 4 and Bayonetta was rather strange.

GTA 4's Metacritic rating of 98 is significantly higher than Bayonetta's rating of 90, and there's no way you can argue reviewers of a niche, Sega-published title felt pressured to give it really high scores.

There's no mystery as to why Bayonetta scored that highly. The combat sytem in Bayonetta is simply in a different class to the simplified, causal-friendly combat in God of War III, and a lot of reviewers appreciated that. Of course God of War III does other things better than Bayonetta does, and it's easy to understand why Cheapy and a lot of people prefer it as a game.

I was in the car with my dad while I was listening to this and I hooked it up to the stereo and he fell asleep. I don't know what else to say other than thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat, I 100% agree with you on the press at PAX issue. Not only is it annoying that there was closed off demos to the general public, my gf and I would have loved to see Civ V thanks, but we were also ejected from a Lord of the Rings Online demo (while in the middle of it) so that press could get a demo at that station. Complete and total bullshit. Who should we address our letters to?

Yo shipwreck I went to a classic gaming convention recently and saw a DK arcade cabinet for I think 250. That's rare though. I just thought Id let you know. I wouldn't pay anything over 400 for one personally.

Wow! I absolutely loved the opening song this week. Where did you find and I was wondering if there is a cd? The Long Dub Beach Allstars did a whole reggae version of Dark side of the Moon it was good, but not as fucking awesome as the show opener.

I tried the Just Cause 2 demo. I got bored with it before the time limit went off and the controls felt a little off.

The dumb thing about the GameStop suit is that you are free to check the contents of the case on the shelf before you buy it to check what you're getting with it. I do that all the time to see if Nintendo games have a registration code or to make sure I'm getting a manual with the game I want.

Just give me the code for the PAX East avatar clothing.

There's maybe one or two of the twelve puzzles in a game where you need to listen to a description in Blue Toad Murder Files, so I'm not sure why Shipwreck said that's all it had. The way it plays out is like a linear co-op Professor Layton but the puzzles are mostly easy and it's really short at about 45 minutes to beat an episode.

Geohot was already trying to hack the PS3 and showing off his results before the update, so it's not like the update caused him to start it up.

Picross DS is awesome and is at least one of my favorite DS games, though Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is closing in on that.

Good show.

Regarding the guy suing GameStop, I think what it comes down to is how the used games are marketed, both on the box, and orally by the employees. Because based on my experience, the standard line given is "it's the same as a new copy and you save five bucks", and in the case of games with free-for-new-only DLC, that's not true, and if someone did in fact buy the game based on that, then the case for deceptive marketing or fraud certainly can be applicable.

And good show. =)

Great show guys.

About that lawsuit, I think it's perfectly reasonable. I don't know how mad I'd be (It could just be because for a lot of games, especially longer games, I have this weird OCD thing where I have to have all the content before starting. I didn't start Oblivion until I got all the DLC, I can't play Marvel Ultimate Alliance because the DLC was yanked, etc) if I came home, popped in my Dragon Age, started up the game and then got prompted to input a code that wasn't in my box. It's stupid to miss out of fifteen bucks of content just to get five dollars off the price. You end up paying extra, and it's misleading.

I enjoyed listening to Wombat talk about PAX East and the three of you should definitely have a panel next year. I am on the east coast, but I am willing to go to Seattle just to listen to you guys if you choose to do it there. And I respect Wombat for standing up for the participants and talk about the problems with the press-only events.
Keep up the great work and that work (the 13 incher)!

loves the show, for some reason, i laughed a lot during the whole thing, wombats song during the GoDaddy commercial makes me want to buy a GoDaddy domain that just plays that song in loop LOL.

great show as usual.

wouldnt an easy solution to the new game DLC bonus issue be to just put a sticker advertising it on the outside of the plastic wrapper? Who would just open the top of it, then slide it back in the wrapper when they go trade it in?

Y'know, I went shopping for "WOFENSTEIN" everywhere and just couldn't find it. Google even kept trying to correct me, but I know Ship couldn't possibly be wrong about a title that's been around for almost 20 years that practically created the FPS gaming category. I can see why Amazon is selling that other title for only 13 bucks. Amazon give it up! I'm not falling for that knockoff you're calling "Wolfenstein"!

I took a shower after gym class in high school, granted that gym class was swimming.
The love for Just Cause 2 is making me want the game.Look guys you may have influenced a sale of a product, you are a PR/Marketing shill.

I need a quote in my signature for VesselCollision (Shipwreck). What would be a good quote for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back