CAGcast #194: Shipwreck's Burden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Show, just found out about you yesterday, just finished this episode. New permanent subscriber here.

Great show guys. Good shower talk. No need for anyone to see CheapyD's "dinosaur" cock.

@Wombat: You should check out Web of Shadows. It has that fun web-swinging through NY feel and some OK combat. the best part is all the venomy goopy enemies. The world gets destroyed like in Prototype with more and more "zombie" like enemies showing up. You'll see some "venom" versions of some classic heroes/villains which is neat.

damn, I was staying in the same hotel as Wombat and I never ran into him at PAX.

Also John Davidson is the executive vice president of content for both Gamepro Magazine and it's website.

Wombat: I seem to recall the Splinter Cell demo they had at PAX east was for the co-op. Which is not the one thats available for download on XBL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
As one of your eight listeners over thirty, those few of us who lived through two space shuttle explosions, it's Cape Canaveral not Cape Carnival. Maybe Cheapy was thinking of that town in Florida founded by retired circus freaks?

Anyways great show like always.

B.

PS-As a former Tucsonan now living in Maine I feel for Cheapy on the smoking thing. Sometimes when the kid is crying, I would pull out my fingernails to able to light one up.

I really enjoyed wombat talking at the beginning of this episode unlike when cheapyd jabbers on at the start and doesnt give everyone else the shaft.
And also is penis the new poop? Let the cagcast decide

The EA demo system sounds pretty bad. You pay $15 for a fraction of the game, then the full version costs you another $60 even though you already bought part of it.... if anything, charge the $15 for the "demo" and then include with that demo a code to get $15 off the full game if you decide to purchase it. That way you don't have to pay an insane total of $75 for the exact same game that costs everybody else $60...

Just Cause 2 sounds pretty damn cool... I'll have to check it out
"So you've decided to become a reaper?? :bouncy:"

[quote name='B-Sloan']Hey guys,
As one of your eight listeners over thirty, those few of us who lived through two space shuttle explosions, it's Cape Canaveral not Cape Carnival. Maybe Cheapy was thinking of that town in Florida founded by retired circus freaks?

Anyways great show like always.

B.

PS-As a former Tucsonan now living in Maine I feel for Cheapy on the smoking thing. Sometimes when the kid is crying, I would pull out my fingernails to able to light one up.[/QUOTE]

We were talking about Cape Carnival, which is the correct name for the location in Just Cause 2.

Really enjoyed the cast. It took me almost the entire show to figure out the title. :lol: I'm trying to figure out all the Crecente hate, though. He seems like a really nice guy. Guess you have to meet him to understand? Dunno. Looking forward to next weeks show.

I don't think Christina Norman knows how to play M/K/F correctly. If a guy has a mansion, every video game possible and a 13" cock, you do not kill him off.

The 8-Bit Pink Floyd Money shot intro was nice.
Very clever April Phools as well.
Great CagCast like usual.

the intro music was great

I wonder if that gamestop refused to accept a return for Dragon Age. if so I guess there's a point (only one) to why he'd try to sue.

that guy trying to steal the source code for Breach is a fucking idiot. if it was an actual disc game or by a more known company shit would have gotten worse (or at least right off the bat now that he's on the run)

the renewed Nintendo hotness would probably be the new old games (gold/silver remakes)

I got the mw2 dlc map pack. not worth it in my opinion. good thing it cost me less then 700 msp factoring in current market conversions.

Goonies 2 is indeed awesome. Great music, including the Cyndi Lauper cover :). I can still hear the door open/slam sound effect in my head after all these years.

OMG... I honestly just got punked. You guys with that April Fools Trade Scam got me. Great joke I was already getting pissed off and about to email CheapyD.

Pretty good episode. Not a ton of interesting news lately, but your personalities and dick jokes keep the show entertaining.

First time actually listening to the podcast, and the beginning of it left a very strange impression on me... although it did make me laugh alot! keep up the good work and ima keep listening every week :p (its every week, right?)

Wombat: I picked up Spider-man: Web of Shows for $20 and found it to be ok. the game had lots of problems but I still enjoyed it a more then Spider-man 3. Or you the DS version which I've heard is the best version.

I think the show was pretty good. The only good Spider-Man game I've played was the original Movie one. This one seems like it's trying to piggyback off of Arkham Asylum, and will probably be a failure as a result.

Great show guys. The penis conversation wasn't really my cup of tea, but the breach guy was a idiot. Liked the intro song. Keep up the good work!

[quote name='B-Sloan']Hey guys,
[/QUOTE]
In Just Cause 2, it's Carnival.

that spiderman game looks crappy and it comes off like the kind of game where you will only be able to wall crawl in specific areas and spots. it amazes me they didnt take what was done with the spiderman 2 game and improve it. spiderman needs to be able to to everywhere but you also need to add the destructabiility of the hulk games with a more fluid and accessable combat system. and you should be able to go into buildings.

if they cant do that then why not make a big online fighter with a bunch of marvel villans/heroes fully destructable environments. like a big ass powerstone but with marvel characters with their powers full realized. the main thing comic book fans want is to be able to control their favorite characters so instead of trying to go the story route just make a big fighting game with tons of interactivity.

and as you fight in the gae maybe you meet up or find hidden characters in the game world and can decide to switch to them and use them.

Great show again as usual. I really enjoy the quirky stories of Japan that CheapyD has to share with us. I'm also jealous of Shipwreck and only wish I could be so well endowed.

[quote name='lokizz']that spiderman game looks crappy and it comes off like the kind of game where you will only be able to wall crawl in specific areas and spots. it amazes me they didnt take what was done with the spiderman 2 game and improve it. spiderman needs to be able to to everywhere but you also need to add the destructabiility of the hulk games with a more fluid and accessable combat system. and you should be able to go into buildings.

if they cant do that then why not make a big online fighter with a bunch of marvel villans/heroes fully destructable environments. like a big ass powerstone but with marvel characters with their powers full realized. the main thing comic book fans want is to be able to control their favorite characters so instead of trying to go the story route just make a big fighting game with tons of interactivity.

and as you fight in the gae maybe you meet up or find hidden characters in the game world and can decide to switch to them and use them.[/QUOTE]

I think that only the Noir parts will box you in. They'll most likely give you free roaming control with regular 616 Spidey because it'd be a huge step backwards to keep you confined to one route straight through the game and I'm sure they'd know what works with the whole web swinging thing after so many Spiey games coming out. Going inside buildings would probably be kind of difficult.. I think I'd prefer to just stay in the outside world as Spidey, and the fighting in Web of Shadows was actually VERY fluid. Probably some of the best combat in any Marvel comic book-based game.

As for the fighting game, EA was supposed to try something like that a couple of years back, released a nice trailer with Doom fighting Spider-man (I think?) and it was supposed to be their big second try at a good Marvel fighting game after the failure that was Nemesis.

Personally, I much prefer the games to be story based. Unless the fighting game is Marvel vs. Capcom-esque then I do not want to play it at all. MK vs. DC was awful an I really don't want to even chance another game like that happening.

It's funny, all those games that Cheapy doesn't give a shit about when Shipwreck reads the new releases are exactly the games that I'm excited for. Regardless, I still love the CAGcast, especially Cheapy's wacky adventures in Japan that never get old.

Cheapy... Definately get the Pixar Shorts DVD. Your kid will love it. It grabs my kids' short attention spans. Oh and great CagCast this week. Oh and the Wombat comercial theme song is hilarious.

My username, obviously, isn't very common, so when I saw it on the front page, without reading anything else, ya got me. Didn't have to see anything else except my username. Congrats Cheapy, you find a way to get me every year, lol.

The Gamestop lawsuit is a bit much. There are plenty of extras that come with games that with a used copy you just assume you don't get. When you buy a used Nintendo game, you don't expect a working Club Nintendo code. When you buy one of those used Yu-Gi-Oh games you don't expect to get the free cards that come with a new copy. I mean, it happens sometimes, getting those things, but your standards have to be lower than it would be if you bought it new. It'd certainly show good faith if Gamestop were to add another ugly sticker on the box that says to only expect a scratched to hell disc but just the idea of purchasing ANYTIHNG used you have to be under the assumption you won't get everything that you would if you bought it new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back