CAGcast #196: A Piece of Junket

[quote name='jkanownik']I didn't miss the point of your post. I explained why I was so passionate about my dislike and pointed out that most anti-Heavy Rain people I've encountered (including myself) do not question why other people like it. We question why they defend a story that is so obviously flawed. I should also add that David Cage comes off as a major douche. The man talked shit about the story of other games and then tried to defend a plot device as a MacGuffin but he completely misunderstood the meaning of the term.

You can love something and still admit to its flaws. Saints Row is one of my favorite games but I still realize that you could spend a full day pointing out all of the problems it has. If I tried to argue that the graphics were awesome or that there aren't any glitches I would be wrong. One's enjoyment of Saints Row comes from how much you enjoy its gameplay and how easily you can overlook its flaws.

Here's a perfect example of a comment from someone that loved Heavy Rain that illustrates what I'm talking about:[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying that everybody that doesn't like it acts like a dick either, but that there are people in generally that do that about any game. As long as you're respectful of those that like it and aren't trying to convince them of why they should think it's a bad game, then I wasn't talking about you. There's no reason to treat an opinion like a fact that everybody has to accept as the final say and change their opinions accordingly or else they're morons.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']Maybe my perception of is attitude is just skewed by his terrible voice, but there's just something I don't like about it. I don't know, he just sounds like someone who needs to be punched.[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is that you wanna register the domain punchjustinmcelroy.com at godaddy?

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is this: If Capcom paid all of these "journalist" to visit a less exotic location would there be any controversy? I think places like California and NYC would be just as much as a vacation for someone as Hawaii (I do admit, probably, most game journalist reside in CA and NYC). Isn't the problem more about the all expense paid trip, rather than the location?

[quote name='IIcon']My question is this: If Capcom paid all of these "journalist" to visit a less exotic location would there be any controversy? I think places like California and NYC would be just as much as a vacation for someone as Hawaii (I do admit, probably, most game journalist reside in CA and NYC). Isn't the problem more about the all expense paid trip, rather than the location?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking myself. I LIVE in Hawaii, and I can tell you from living here for 26 years all my life that the island is overrated by the rest of the world. If this was in any other part of the globe, would it have been as big a deal?

What if Captivate was in the Midwest where a majority of the game journalists don't live? What if flying them there costed the same amount of money? Would it still have been a big deal then?

I'm telling ya Cheapy, Hawaii's great, but it's not the golden paradise everyone makes it out to be. Maybe me living here for too long has made me immune to its "charms". :)

bread's done
Back