CAGcast #203: Kazoo!

You guys should give The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom a shot since you already bought it. It is pretty cool. If you liked the Clank time puzzles from Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, you will really like this game. Very similar concept, but more fully explored.

Great podcast guys. Glad to see everything patched up and everyone loving each other again. Although the quote list was a bit much I thought it was funny and was more like the old CAGcast where you guys would talk about something funny in your personal lives. That doesn't happen as often as now as it did before. Hoping you get back to that.

P.S. Best outro of the year.

If next week's episode is going to be centered around taking a giant dump on Shipwreck I won't be able to listen. I don't give shaq-fu about Cheapy or Wombat, but you leave my sweet sweet little Shipwreck out of this!

[quote name='Z_meista'] Maybe you guys should do Skype video call again so you guys can see each others' reaction. Then again, maybe you guys will get too distracted. Otherwise, good show guys.[/QUOTE]

That would quickly degenerate into Cheapy showing the other guys his latest poop. :)

Good show people, the "random comments about Cheapy" bit was comedy gold, best section I've heard on the CAGcast for a long time. I was laughing my ass off.

You sounded a bit gutted Cheapy, remember that no-one is loved by everyone and a bit of humility never killed anyone.

I think we can all move on now.......to bashing Ship for his excessive Gingerness (just kidding).

Again, really enjoyed the show.

The first part of this episode was awesome, Cheapy had me fooled into thinking poor Womb-rat did wuss out and not do the show. I'm glad everything is patched up though I love the cagcast and it wouldn't be the same without the trio.

I ran into Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck several times throughout the week during E3. Each time they stopped and took the time to talk, even when they were running to appointments. Shipwreck and I took turns taking pictures with Nathan Fillion (Nathan Fillion is actually a little weird about being touched), Cheapy was always friendly and extended invitations to his party, and Wombat is really funny in person, cracking jokes throughout that ridiculous Activision concert.

Boatcrash said Avatar would flop so I'm not so sure about his Kinect sale predictions...

Was good to see Cheapy have the wind taken out of his sails, will hopefully reduce his ego back down to human levels. A great show overall, was good to see that Wombat was back full of beans and all the crap was behind them.

[quote name='Curufinwe']They apologized on the Bombcast to everyone they had to blow off at E3 because they were so busy. Grab a wet wipe and rinse out the sand, dude.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Fjordson']Yeah, Ryan addressed that on one of the latest Bombcasts apologizing for having to do that. Interesting that you experienced that, though. My friend met him and Vinny on the floor and said they were incredibly nice, even took a picture with 'em despite the fact that they were hauling around a bunch of video equipment.[/QUOTE]

Yea I heard that and was very happy to know I just caught him at a bad time. I've always listened to the show and him coming off as rude really caught me off guard. But, I now know it's not a normal thing for him. And I was not hurt, sad or pissed off at them. I was just surprised...

i felt bad for wombat last week, but i think he should have taken the higher road and not done that segment on cheapy. i mean if wombat wants to go toe to toe with ribbing each other than he shouldn't have gotten upset in the first place.

This episode was very Wombat-centric. It felt like Cheapy was a humbled, and Wombat then took the opportunity to establish the fact that the people love him. It didn't feel like the usual episode.

It's surprising how the roles have reversed. Hopefully in next episode everything goes back to the normal balance.

Wombat consistently comes across as insecure and as a result of that constantly makes snarky remarks. Cheapy may have gone a bit too far ribbing wombat in the last episode (because it was obvious that wombat was taking it personally pretty early on), but talk about being a hypocrite on Wombat's part.

[quote name='Interfeci']This episode was very Wombat-centric. It felt like Cheapy was a humbled, and Wombat then took the opportunity to establish the fact that the people love him. It didn't feel like the usual episode.

It's surprising how the roles have reversed. Hopefully in next episode everything goes back to the normal balance.[/QUOTE]

for some reason, i bet Cheapy will forget everything he said in this ep next week. :p

That's a bit more like it.
I do wonder if Cheapy was "acting" when he sounded upset about people calling him stand offish.
Either way, keep it up guys.

[quote name='kashwashwa']Wombat consistently comes across as insecure and as a result of that constantly makes snarky remarks. Cheapy may have gone a bit too far ribbing wombat in the last episode (because it was obvious that wombat was taking it personally pretty early on), but talk about being a hypocrite on Wombat's part.[/QUOTE]

No shit. Where is Wombat's apology to everyone he tells to fuck off when they dare criticize him?

I do agree with Cheapy that spending time in real life with someone is a hell of a lot different than an internet friendship and Sorry, to break it to Wombat, but online friendship aren't as important. (or shouldn't be)

I'm convinced that Wombat is a girl. Grow some thicker skin and get the sand out of your vagina already. Normal guys don't get all butt hurt over lame comments such as the ones Cheapy made. Not trying to be a dick, but damn Wombat you really need to let things slide.

After listening to the first part of the show it's clear that Wombat was trying to get back at Cheapy with the five comments from people about Cheapy.

To all of you CAGS: I love how you all kiss Cheapie's ass when he gives the community free stuff. Then when he makes a few comments about Wombat you all turn on him and tell him he's an asshole. Seriously? fuck off already.

Yeah, it has been kind of awkward listening to the past two shows with how people keep getting trash talked. At this rate, Shipwreck is going to get harassed next episode. Hopefully that won't be the case, though, and that things will go back to normal. Too much drama for my liking.

Also, I totally want in on the Hour of Victory thing, Ship.

I thought all three of you were super chill and nice at the golden gopher. I must have complimented Shipwreck ten times that night for being so noble and such a genuine nice guy . Wombat was the most adorable little Jew ever (in a purely heterosexual way ) and Cheapy didn’t even make me eat his underwear . You guys are all cool in my book and hopefully I will get a chance to meet you again next year . Cheapy , who was that dude who was buying me Scooby Snacks ???

Hey CagCrew. Ballslapper (Ricochet) is included in Kinect Adventures.

As far as Kinect goes I don't have the same animosity towards the tech or games that you do but I will say flat out that, apart from possibly Dance Central or the Ubisoft fitness game, if any of these games come out for more than 29.99 it will be obscene. If they want to pull this off they need to price these games as impulse purchases. Even an enthusiast gamer (fine, enthusiast Wombat...) may pick up Kinect for $150 for the few games that may fill a more core-centric itch as well as the novelty of the Minority Report UI control. I consider myself an enthusiast gamer that fits in this group and some of the mini-game compilations like Adventures could be fun but if they price something like that more than $29.99 (and more realistically $19.99) this whole thing will turn to shit really quick.

I'm a gamer in my 30s now and although I don't have kids of my own I have a growing assortment of cousins between 2 and 8 and I have no problem putting down 20 bucks or so for a game that I can break out for family get-togethers knowing that they will all have a blast and watching them will be more than enough entertainment for the rest of us. But sorry kids, I'm not putting down $60 for a novelty game that may be played once every couple months.

I'm glad CAG brought up the odd hype over Dance Central. I'm not too sure what the Joystiq guys saw that made then all excited, but I thought that it was nothing more than filler. Once I heard people start to buzz about it, I looked more into it and STILL didn't see anything worthwhile to me.

I get why things unfolded the way they did, and I'm glad to see that the guys are patching things up.

Womberto made me laugh! Glad you guys made up...it was fun to hear some lovin' for X-Men Legends. I had tons of fun with that back in the day.

Almost everyone has that point in time when they say something to someone and they do not realize how it is coming across to the other person.

It is life, it happens, good friends get past it and cut each other some slack for being an asshat every now and then. EVERYONE (yes, everyone) has been one, or worn one, at some point and time. Lord knows I have.

Oh, and Shipwreck... I LOVE Banana Icecream! Put some chocolate MagicShell on it is and it brings back fond memories of when Kings Island used to sell chocolate covered frozen bananas

Yeah Banana ice cream is awesome, always wondered why is isn't sold more and now I know, the Jews.

Regarding Robert Ashley's "performance" on the A Life Well Wasted podcasts - he's trying to replicate the hosting style of Radio Lab/This American Life, which is why he seems detached.

If it's his actual voice that's bothering you guys, well, I can't help you there I guess.

Shipwreck is a terrible judge of what games/gaming products will be big because he buys everything.

Kinect will bomb. No doubt about it.

Price is too high. Experiences shown are just copies of what is on the Wii. Consumers that had $200 or more to spend on a fitness or dance game etc already have a Wii.

KInect is to Eye Toy as Move is to Wiimote.

Kinect tech is not proven either. Can't wait to see all the hiccups that will occur when it is let go in the wild.

MS should have readied their next console instead. I mean 5 years later we get a new $300 patched this-gen console and an offer to pay another $150 to get a copy of what the competition's console has been doing for the last 4 years. Yawn. Fail.

Even after defending Wombat in last week's episode slightly, I don't think CheapyD should change.

Wombat DOES need to grow some bigger balls. I bet he was really riding high on the coattails of that episode accepting pity from everyone and then using that pity to bash CheapyD.

I mean really, you went out and got 5 people to say how much they disliked Cheapy? ......And apparently it's all cool when you do that?

Don't like that. Maybe Wombat should get his wife on the show so whenever someone "upsets" him, she'll be the first to screech.

I'd gladly take part in the Hour of Victory Part 2: Electric Boogaloo, take it somewhere cool in New England I guess, maybe for a nice dinner, maybe a movie?

CheapyD impressions:

I met him at the CAG party at Golden Gopher. Very friendly, although he had a limp handshake and seem stoned the whole time. I saw him talking to CAGs and he seemed to be having a lot of fun at the get together, so who cares if E3 sucked this year?

Otherwise, I had a short chat with Wombat and found him to be extremely friendly and likable.

Met Cheapy a couple times at E3. Once in the Marriot while he and Wombat were waiting in line for the PlayStation press conference check-in, another time bumping into him and Shipwreck as they went into the media center, and at the end of the show in the Activision meeting room. Every time all of them were very nice and approachable. Conversations weren't more than a minute or so though but nonetheless, I didn't notice any of the qualities the random 5 people said about Cheapy.

I feel like asking 5 people from the industry is a bit of a wash because most of them probably feel the way that the one of the five did: that they expected Cheapy to know who he/she was or have him interact with them like they are important or something. Me, I don't work for a big site (GamerLimit.com) so I wouldn't expect him to know me. Just approached him as a fan first :)

[quote name='PacManster17']CheapyD impressions:

I met him at the CAG party at Golden Gopher. Very friendly, although he had a limp handshake and seem stoned the whole time. I saw him talking to CAGs and he seemed to be having a lot of fun at the get together, so who cares if E3 sucked this year?[/QUOTE]

Fun fact: Was not stoned or drunk (until the very end of the party) possibly tired though.

[quote name='MIGGO']I'm glad CAG brought up the odd hype over Dance Central. I'm not too sure what the Joystiq guys saw that made then all excited, but I thought that it was nothing more than filler. Once I heard people start to buzz about it, I looked more into it and STILL didn't see anything worthwhile to me.[/QUOTE]

Just Dance has sold 3MM copies and it doesn't even work. There are 312 five star and 167 four star reviews on Amazon. People are paying $40 to watch crappy music videos with crappy sound quality on their $200 gaming system while they wave a little stick around and get a random score and they are extremely satisfied with it.

The podcast was kind of a downer. You can tell that Cheapy and Boatcrash were trying hard to be nice to Wombat but Wombat was acting rude to both Cheapy and Boatcrash. I think that Wombat is just the type that can dish it out but can't take it. You should have called the podcast "Man Up Wombat".

Wombat is right on with Raven Software. It feels like Activision doesn't know what they have and they keep giving them high profile assignments but what they kick ass at is making Marvel Comics games: X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and X-Men Origins Wolverine.

Singularity with free Prototype and a $25 gift card at Kmart is still a great deal.

Great show guys, very funny and lots of energy. Glad to see you guys kiss and make up. Wombat was really happy this episode and he was very funny. Ship also has been bringing more funny lately. Cheapy D redeems himself from being Cheapy D(ouche)! Awesome, keep it up!

[quote name='MIGGO']I'm glad CAG brought up the odd hype over Dance Central. I'm not too sure what the Joystiq guys saw that made then all excited, but I thought that it was nothing more than filler. Once I heard people start to buzz about it, I looked more into it and STILL didn't see anything worthwhile to me.

I get why things unfolded the way they did, and I'm glad to see that the guys are patching things up.[/QUOTE]I've heard more than one reviewer say that you don't get how fun it is until you actually play it. I'm skeptical too but that's the buzz.

Good Show guys, I'm glad that you guys have patched things up. I know that at the end of the year, you may do a clip(s) show, please add Wombat's clip which starts at about the 13 minute mark...

"You said that I was obnoxious,..... maybe you should be thinking a little less about whether or not someone in your entourage is carrying a swag bag and more about whether or not you have a smile on your face."

That quote was cold Wombat.. nice and subtle; a stark contrast to my other favorite comment years ago when Cheapy said something like "I wrote this whole show Bitch!" anyway, good job Cheapy for being able to take the heat; That's one of the main things that I enjoy about the show is that you've always been able to take heat, (whether you deserved it or not) and a lot of criticism. Definitely says a lot about your character.

I actually got Playstation Plus and so far I think it's well worth the $3.33 per month. Age of Zombies was awesome and I always wanted to buy Wipeout HD, but I was too cheap to pay $15. I also like the idea of getting a new skin every month and the one you get the first month is actually pretty cool.

However, I think they can improve upon is their PSOne selection. Rally Cross is kinda useless.

Dear Cheapy,

I am writing to honor your request for an anonymous comment. You might not remember me; I'm just one of your gushing, dorky fans. It's Jay, by the way.

When I first saw you at E3, my heart skipped and I almost pooped myself. Nervously, I walked over and introduced myself, and you nonchalantly acknowledged me and walked on to another booth. That was it.

For those people who may be insulted at someone's lack of enthusiasm, I have to say: Get the fuck over it. If I had to travel halfway around the world to some bullshit convention that just wasn't worth it, I'd be pretty pissed off as well. My guess is that Cheapy was jet lagged the whole time and not too happy about it. If I was in his situation, I might have tried to kill someone just for getting in my way.

So, maybe Wombat's anonymous informants were too selfish themselves and couldn't understand what might prompt unenthusiastic behavior. The next time you see a woman pissed off, assume that she has severe vaginal itch. The next time you see a man in a hurry, assume that he has to take a massive poop very badly and is racing to a toilet to keep from soiling his slacks. The next time you see a person who is fatigued, assume that they have had a giant rock in their shoe from the moment they left the house.

Wombat, don't you live and work in New York? Wouldn't you be accustomed to this kind of attitude? I understand that you were trying to make a point by interviewing these people, but in my opinion, Cheapy had a damn good excuse for not skipping around with a giant smile and a rainbow coming out of his ass.

And I want to be perfectly frank: I think Cheapy is an asshole too. However, I do think that he should be forgiven under these circumstances.

I sincerely thank all three of you for an ass-kicking show.

Good to see everybody getting along again.

That Hulu thing is crazy. I'd rather just plug in my macbook (where Hulu is free!) to my tv than pay $10 a month.

Dance Central btw, is what will drive me to pick up Kinect, why wouldn't that have the same appeal as rock band / guitar hero? I'm not saying the audiences over lapse completely or anything, but at least i know i want it because of some nice tunes, good party game and some fun jumping around like an ass.

Not completely through the show yet but I wanted to note that (as someone who was highly critical of Wombat last week), I appreciated his taking it like a man and doing the show in an upbeat mood this week. He still got his shots in on cheapy (with those 5 comments from journalists) but he seemed to let it go for the most part.

On another topic, Cheapy my son is 3 and was brutal to potty train (poop-wise). He was the last one in his day care class to learn. I got him to finally "make a deposit" by leaving him without pants for about an hour and half after eating. That was the only thing that worked. Every other google-searched suggestion failed. Hope this helps!

bread's done
Back