CAGcast #234: Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars

I have never stopped at a Cracker Barrel simply because its called "Cracker Barrel". Why don't you just call you new thing "CAG Busters" Cheapy?

Shipwreck, from what you've played so far, how would you rate "The Third Birthday"? Reviews have not been very favorable so far, but I'm more interested in your impressions/opinion.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Shipwreck, from what you've played so far, how would you rate "The Third Birthday"? Reviews have not been very favorable so far, but I'm more interested in your impressions/opinion.[/QUOTE]

On the last level right now, actually. I like it. Hope to have a review up in the next couple of days.

[quote name='shipwreck']On the last level right now, actually. I like it. Hope to have a review up in the next couple of days.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Looking forward to it!

Hahahaha, Wombat made me lawl like I've never lawl'd before this episode. Freaking A dude, I don't know why your crappy deal page names were so funny, but they were.

Also, "When they move in with you they change what they're wearing"

Ship ~ "Oh, does she change into sweats?"

Hahaha, freaking hilarious dudeskis....

I was wondering if you guys had any advise or info on how someone could make gaming aliving. Oh and Shipwreck thanks for the info on Crysis 2. That game it sick and the online play is crazy. Keep up the good work I love the cagcast. Wombat you are funny as shit, and CheepyD your youtube videos and cool.

My two cent suggestions on the deal page name would be:

*Deal Breaker

*Dealio (Deal-ee-oh) "I can't remember...go look on the Dealio"

*Savermetrics (sorry, baseball season started.....)

[quote name='shipwreck']On the last level right now, actually. I like it. Hope to have a review up in the next couple of days.[/QUOTE]

I hope you address how much of the first two games you've played in your review. It's not as bad a hatchet job on Aya's character IMO that Team Ninja/Sakamoto did to Samus in Other M since it's not the original creator doing 3rd Birthday and
amnesia is written into Aya's story.
But still I don't know why Square made her such a weak character since they have made so many strong females in the past (Celes, Tifa, Rinoa, Rikku, Payne, Fran, Ashe, Lightning, etc.)

I'm only on Chapter 2 but I hope Aya's character gets stronger later on ala Rydia, Rosa, Celes, Aeris, Yuna, etc.

Dear Cheapy,

What the fuck is up with your racial comments this week!!! By my count I heard at least 3 blatant racist remarks not counting the gray-ish stuff. If you want any more reason why your audience appears to have stagnated it's quite possible that the way you alienate a decent size of your potential audience is why. Not all gamers are white males so while some minority listeners like me may tolerate these remarks many will not.

After so many podcasts I know what your show is about and I listen because for me everything is in good fun. But it drives me crazy whenever I hear you bemoan about your audience while at the same time making off-color remarks not befitting a more mainstream audience. If you are willing to "clean up" your commentary that's totally up to you but if not then I would simply embrace who you are and don't be discouraged by a perceived lack of growth since that will come with the territory.

As always a great (if slightly racist) show this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was browsing IGN and noticed they have a new feature on the site called IGN Stock Exchange. It's a fun exchange where you buy stocks in games and it goes up and down based on site traffic. So will we ever see the return of VBookie on CAG? I know it's been a long ass time since it's been on the site, five years I believe, but it was a lot of fun. Great show guys and get that damn iPhone app up and running!

bread's done
Back