CAGcast #234: Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My interest in XBL Indie Games are ruined by the limitation of the MS points system. Indie devs are complaining about user ratings that are screwing them over now.

The cloud saves are for storage, so you can keep locked or important saves stored safely without fear that a dead system or accident will cause them to lose their saves.
[/QUOTE]

How the fuck did none of them understand this? Im not reallly sure what the hell Ship was talking about, streaming what at work? Your saves? wtf

Sidenote: I noticed something really annoying about the Xbox indie games, you are locked out of them (can't launch them) if you dont sign in to xbox live. Not a problem most of the time, but when it is, it is fucking annoying.

I definitely enjoyed this weeks CAG cast, thanks for taking the time to do it up. Filled with lots of laughs.

[quote name='volt1up']How the fuck did none of them understand this? Im not reallly sure what the hell Ship was talking about, streaming what at work? Your saves? wtf

Sidenote: I noticed something really annoying about the Xbox indie games, you are locked out of them (can't launch them) if you dont sign in to xbox live. Not a problem most of the time, but when it is, it is fucking annoying.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about Amazon's new cloud service and streaming content like videos and music. I didn't make myself clear on that during the show.

No offense, cheapy, but I think you and Howard Stern are the only married people who use condoms. There are so many other forms of birth control that don't completely ruin the feeling. Hell, even my wife hates condoms. And don't give me that "holding out longer" bs, who are you trying to impress at this point?! Just pull out, dude!

yeah marriage & condoms? I hate condoms. Is that a Jew thing? LIke the little hats you have to wear? I suppose you need Kosher Condoms too? Tested out on a real cock that doesn't spit out its cud. Forgive me I don't know the Jewish customs in much detail.

I don't even know where the CagBag is so I never post questions to it. Besides isn't this show thread the same thing? Never understood why there is another place to ask questions that get read on the show. Why not the show thread? OR do they get answered elsewhere too? Maybe a link would help. A link in this thread.

If you want folks to use parts of the site or at least try them then you need to do some advertising on your own site once in awhile. Reminder advertising. But yeah I mostly just listen to the show and check for deals. No time to do all the other stuff. Not my cup of tea either. I'm not that nerdy.

Oh and I say with the wife shoe and clothing blob that grows everyday....well you need to be pro-active. Take a pair of shoes or an article of clothing every week that she hasn't worn in 3 years and sneak it down to the basement into a locked container marked "nerd stuff." This will be gradual enough of a process that there will be minimal collateral damage.

Good show guys -- I think Wombat should do an Xbox Indie Game of the Week segment. Like the monthly thread on NeoGAF, hearing suggestions of what to check out would be helpful since it can be difficult in finding the good stuff.

Great CAGcast this week. Those comments about what happens when your love interest moves in during Dragon Age II were priceless.

I don't even think Sony's service should be referred to as "cloud saving". To me, it's more like an online file locker. If the games were reading and writing to the cloud, my opinion would change.

The whole process is fairly tedious/cumbersome. While it does have some uses like backing up locked saves or making it easier on those with multiple PS3s, it's essentially the same as plugging in a USB stick and copying the file.

I know Sony has said that in the future devs will have the ability to save automatically into the cloud. I'd definitely take advantage of this; however I am still skeptical, because if any other PSN features (i.e. game invites, YouTube support, custom music playlists, etc) are an indication, this will not be consistent and be left up to the developer to incorporate.

That's one of the most frustrating things about PSN -- lack of standardization!

Cheapy: I whole-heartily agree about the MobileMe saving for iOS. This MUST be implemented. I don't have an iPad yet (will eventually) and would be pretty bummed if I couldn't pick up where I left off on the iPhone.

Ship: I too kinda shrugged at the amazon announcement. Though it was mainly due to me being so tied to iTunes/iOS. That said, if (when?) Apple does something similar, I think it would be very useful. Putting music in the cloud frees up a lot of space for other stuff on the device while still making it accessible on 3G or WiFi. It could also mean we'd be closer to wireless syncing. Plugging in that USB cable can get annoying.

Great show guys.
It has everything I love about the CAGcast.
CheapyD skirting the line between funny and awkwardly racist.
Wombat taking a concept for a joke and trying every variation until he gets a laugh.
and Shipwreck mentioning the fact that he's a red head.
What else do you need in life?

Oh and Wombat your haircut makes you sound weird on the 'air' so there.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Great show guys.
It has everything I love about the CAGcast.
CheapyD skirting the line between funny and awkwardly racist.
Wombat taking a concept for a joke and trying every variation until he gets a laugh.
and Shipwreck mentioning the fact that he's a red head.
What else do you need in life?

Oh and Wombat your haircut makes you sound weird on the 'air' so there.[/QUOTE]

Your Momma makes you sound weird on the air.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Good show guys -- I think Wombat should do an Xbox Indie Game of the Week segment. Like the monthly thread on NeoGAF, hearing suggestions of what to check out would be helpful since it can be difficult in finding the good stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that could be decent. Here's a good resource if you want to see whats out there, I bought about 5 games last night just browsing through the posts. http://www.dealspwn.com/tag/xbox-live-indie-game-of-the-week/ There's lots of unique stuff I didnt know about like FPSs and 3D space sims.

the F-U skadave part made my morning.

A couple things about my need for speed hot pursuit comment:

1) I am not that far into the game (i think i am level 6 or so).
2) I wrote onto the cagbag right after i lost a 10+ minute race and i had to do it over. So i was in pissy complain mode.
3) I do stand by my hatred of rubber banding in racing games, and i do feel that NFSHP does suffer from this problem.
4) I am generally not that great at racing games (i don't really like to break and i prefer to take my turns in the opposite fashion that you are supposed to. . . i start on the inside of the turn and drift my way through it).

I loved the show this week. . . and it's nice to hear my name on it even though i was told to F-off :).

[quote name='Darknyss']I don't even think Sony's service should be referred to as "cloud saving". To me, it's more like an online file locker. If the games were reading and writing to the cloud, my opinion would change.[/QUOTE]
Which is why Sony called it "online storage for game saves" when they announced it. Everybody else just calls it cloud saving because it's a buzzword that they remember without knowing the difference.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/09/online-storage-for-game-saves-coming-to-playstation-plus/

[quote name='CheapyD']100% of all questions from the last show were from the CAGbag[/QUOTE]
You need to do it for more than one week to get more people to ask questions.

1) Allows you to keep backups of your game saves in case your PS3 dies, and you are unable to transfer your saves to another PS3 or USB drive.

2) Allows you to keep backups of your copy-protected game saves.

3) Allows you to keep a previous version of your game save in case there is a bug in the game that corrupts the save on your HDD (i.e., Monopoly Streets, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, etc.). If the game eats your save file, you can simply restore it and only lose 1 day instead of losing the whole save file.

4) Allows you to go to your friends (or family's) PS3 to continue your games so you do not have to bring your PS3 with you. (I used this myself just last weekend; I uploaded all my saves before I left. When I got to my friend's house in Chicago, I created a profile for myself on his PS3, signed in to PSN, and copied my game save so I could continue right were I left off).

There are probably even more advantages, but these are the 4 that come to my mind right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skadave']the F-U skadave part made my morning.

A couple things about my need for speed hot pursuit comment:

1) I am not that far into the game (i think i am level 6 or so).
2) I wrote onto the cagbag right after i lost a 10+ minute race and i had to do it over. So i was in pissy complain mode.
3) I do stand by my hatred of rubber banding in racing games, and i do feel that NFSHP does suffer from this problem.
4) I am generally not that great at racing games (i don't really like to break and i prefer to take my turns in the opposite fashion that you are supposed to. . . i start on the inside of the turn and drift my way through it).

I loved the show this week. . . and it's nice to hear my name on it even though i was told to F-off :).[/QUOTE]

fuck You SkaDave!

[quote name='Wombat']fuck You SkaDave![/QUOTE]

I started and ended my work day with a cagcast f-u. A cagcast f-u sandwich.
All i need now is a shipwreck f-u for the cagcast f-u trifecta.
:)

[quote name='skadave']I started and ended my work day with a cagcast f-u. A cagcast f-u sandwich.
All i need now is a shipwreck f-u for the cagcast f-u trifecta.
:)[/QUOTE]

I think you mean "Tri-fuck-ta"

imgres

keep-on-the-borderlands.jpg

Cheapy a D&D nerd?

Edit: I posted before I got to the end of the show. Honest.
imgres

Wow... I always thought the majority of people kept their wallets in their front/side pockets. How do you even sit if your fat wallet is in your back pocket? I always carry huge wads of cash, so my wallet is huge.

Cheapy, It's amazing how you have been doing radio for 5 years now and still manage to say something completely racially insensitive and offensive without realizing you've done something wrong.....David, don't ever change man, I love you!

Cheers
Swoxx
Resident Swede

First of all, stop appealing to the sensitive people who can't handle jokes involving race. I'm Russian, do we EVER get called Russian-American or Caucasian American or European American? No, almost never.

So how come if Wombat is referring to a black girl he lived with, he has to say "African-American"? She was most likely NOT born in Africa, and even if she was, then why is that even important? She's black. That is her color.

It's getting annoying how hard you're trying to not offend anyone and basically censoring yourself every show. I actually enjoyed hearing CheapyD imitate Selena Williams, it was one of the few moments in the last fifty to hundred shows where you didn't try to be so PG.

Also, speaking on the cloud saving for the PS3. PS Plus is already pretty compelling on itself, so i think its nice that they even add other features in there. I wish Xbox 360 had a feature like that (mostly for security in case i lose some saves)

Super Programmer John doesn't like Center/Centre? How about Central? Deal Central

EVERY commercial break on [Adult Swim] and G4 channel have a commercial for Dragon Age II (more so earlier in the month) and Crysis 2 (ruined it with rap). I can't even remember if I've seen a Homefront commercial.

Wallet goes in the front.

Shipwreck: You don't like your Xbox collection? I'm not sure I understood why you'd want to eventually display every game/system, but trim down the original Xbox collection? Is it because you have 4 extra copies of DOA Beach Volleyball?

I keep my wallet in the front at work, when I'm the most secure and the wallet in my back pocket when in public. Thats kinda ass backwards now that I think about it, or is it back asswards? So if we keep are wallet, keys and phone (the essentials) in the front pockets what do we use the back pockets for? I sometimes put my phone in the back pocket but then you have to worry about sitting on the phone and I definitely don't want my keys back there and the back pockets definitely deserve some use.

I really like where the show has been going, more M-rated. I mean how many 13 year olds are really listening to the show anyways, a majority of us are adults here. Also wombat I love the commercials you provide in the podcast (goDaddy or go fuck yourself) and nice job presenting it.

Deal wall is fucking tarded. Why not rename it CAGbook or faceCAG? Dealzone doesn't sound to bad or fucking deals!

What would super programmer John think about coming on the show, for a segment or two to add to the mix or cheapyD could do a discussing with him about new features and edited it in the show. Just a suggestion either way I'm loving the show and just may tell a friend if you continue the good work. Either way I will continue to listen and look forward to listening every week.

Cloud saving is great if you remember to back up a save to the cloud. It sucks when you put in 20 hours in Fallout 3, then lose the save somehow and have to start from the beginning again. Thats the main reason I like it the cloud feature, also if you have a game save such as GT5 and go to a friends to play who doesn't have it you could use your save and have all your cars. It's a step in the right direction.

not all cracker barrels are racist freakin a i grew up in the south and ive been to one a number of times and never had any issues. chances are that shit happened in your nyc cb's which wouldnt be surprising since in large cities like that racism can be pretty bad.

yeah theres racists in the south but like any decent southern if i dont like you ill let you know regardless of the reason i wont pretend that i dont.

The show was great but Wombat's interruptions during the Crysis 2 segment were too much. Since it wasn't talk of Dragon Age 2 then he was too bored with the segment. I almost miss the old Wombat that cried for free swag and games.

Great podcast, I missed it last week

Wombat is right, Resident Evil 4 is also my (and lots of people) favorite shooter ever, not even surpassed by the sequels, or games that try to imitate or upgrade its mechanics, like Gears. It's an excellent game that has easily passed the test of time

Also, a couple of suggestions for the deal hole:

Cheapy Deals

5hQLY.png

1. Deal Hub

2. Street Deals (added bonus of creating the image of cheapy buying weed during a trip to the US)

3. Super Duper Deals (It worked for Mark Duper)

4. Dirt Cheap Ass.....deals

Great show guys, certainly the funniest one you've had in a long time. The Wife & I were cracking up on our way home from work.

no man Wombat is in the right on this Cracker Barrel has a continued reputation for racism. Even more than Denny's.
[quote name='Microshock']First of all, stop appealing to the sensitive people who can't handle jokes involving race. I'm Russian, do we EVER get called Russian-American or Caucasian American or European American? No, almost never. [/quote]They've got a new phrase to address this. Visible minority is what it says on all the forms now. Put you on a park bench in jeans and a t-shirt and you're just another white guy from 10 yards away. Put me on the same bench in the same clothes and I'm still a black dude.

[quote name='Microshock']So how come if Wombat is referring to a black girl he lived with, he has to say "African-American"? She was most likely NOT born in Africa, and even if she was, then why is that even important? She's black. That is her color.[/QUOTE]You know African American is more accurate if she WAS born in America. It's less accurate for people like Chiwetel Ejiofor
ejiofora.jpg

who was born in the UK not America. Not that just saying Black isn't easier but your example sucks.

Now that he's actually explained what Wikposts are they're a brilliant idea that we kinda have been asking for. They work really well for FatWallet.com. Ideally the FatWallet setup is best. The OP has his post and below each OP is a Wiki-able area. I don't know if that would be easier for SP John to implement but I'm going to assume he's already considered this and has either a) rejected it or b) is working on it for later upgrades. Either way this is kinda cool so thanks for that.

I'm given to understand that PSN Cloud storage will be integrated into future titles so while it's not much use now. If they can enable a sort of auto back-up system that for instance backs up today's saves every night in the background that would be useful without requiring you to go into your gave save data folder and do work. I'm not saying it's worth the price of admission alone but you can't deny that might be useful?

Honestly the only people who should be excited about cloud saving are gaming journalists. These are people who switch consoles daily on a regular basis. I know they're all burning incense at their Sony alters to thank whatever unknown force has granted their dreams.

I suppose this goes out primarily to Wombat.

Since you will be some point I assume be getting a 3DS are you worried about the systems chirality. That is to say with the DS there were games that required style and D-Pad but for us lefties they would let you use stylus and face buttons. Games that didn't do that (like Lock's Quest) were 10 times harder to play.

Are you concerned for any games that might use the circle pad and stylus as primary inputs? (since you can't use the face buttons instead of the analog control)

"Deal Wall" sounds very 90s internet to me. "Come web-tag our deal wall!". What next, iCag?

Allow wombat to put together a list and go over that list on the next show to narrow down a better name.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Why not put up some YouTube videos on how to use all the CAG features.[/QUOTE]

This. The last CAG centric video on Cheapy's YouTube page is the Wheel of Halo almost 7 months ago. I know I don't know how to use most of the CAG features and I have a few thousand posts on here. I just now started to use the collection (which is only 1/3 done for me) and wishlist tools since they're right in your face now.

also, the Socom Beta is very good but feels like a crippled Socom game. Put back cross hairs, dpad lean, & grenade arch and the game will fockin rock.

bread's done
Back