CAGcast #267: We Hope They Serve Pancakes In Hell

[quote name='sandmanzero']

As a Black man myself, I can truly say BET sucks beyond suck without sounding like a racist bigot. That's what I think of it anyway. WET is pretty much just about every channel anyway...so I fail to see the point in having one. That would be as redundant as the KFC Double-Down. :) USA is a everyone channel isn't it? If not it's close to one.
[/QUOTE]

bet does suck and its nice to see im not the only other black person who feels that way and props on the wet lol funny stuff since its true.

Cheapy, Wombat and Ship, I'm sorry guys, but the stance of "The ESA is small potatoes so it's not worth boycotting" is weak. Boycotting E3 doesn't only effect the ESA. It effects every vendor and publisher that would attend it! And many of those companies still support SOPA/PIPA. You're sending a message to the industry as whole, not just the ESA.

Also, I'm with Wombat 100% on the FoF commercial. Imagine the outrage if there were a commercial with kids reading a passage from the Quran, or the Torah, or an atheistic message.

[quote name='pelf21']I thought this was a video game podcast???? I'm done. I doubt I'll be missed :)[/QUOTE]

You don't want to hear about pancakes and PIPA hot SOPA-PILLAS?

Now that you mention it...it does sound more food related. :whistle2:?

The Blue skidoo comment about Saint's Row: The Third made me laugh.

My only problem with Wombat's football ad complaint was his argument that the NFL is a family-friendly event. I rolled my eyes when people said that about the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction, when you consider the sleazy GoDaddy ads you see during the commercial breaks. I don't watch football, but I'm sure there are other ads that are geared to an adult male crowd.

I'm a Christian Pastor and I agree with Wombat. I would never hesitate to share my faith in person, or even in this forum, but to just slam it into your face while on television? Yeah, no thanks.

I doubt Wombat would have been near as offended if someone talked to him about the contents of John 3:16 in person than he was getting it in the middle of an NFL game. That's the way Jesus told us to do it anyway.

Also, Wombat, I have now watched the first two seasons of How I Met Your Mother after your initial rage tweet. Thanks for introducing me to the show.

What would the reaction be to a quote from the Quran about how all who follow Islam are chosen? And would CBS dare play that advertisement?

Religion divides us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness one of you are finally getting a gaming PC. Maybe the podcast can quit living in an alternate reality in which PC games don't exist.

Wombat quote of the show "I think the NFL which is so involved in being family friendly, it wasn't appropriate"..... for an organization called Focus on the Family.

The verse is telling you that you have a choice Wombat. Not to go to hell. I'm sorry you (and probably several others) perceive it that way.

[quote name='hufferstl']What would the reaction be to a quote from the Quran about how all who follow Islam are chosen?

Religion divides us.[/QUOTE]

Yep, religion is the most evil thing invented by man.

I don't post a whole lot, but after listening to the podcast I have to agree with Wombat as well. I don't feel it is appropriate for CBS to play that particular advert, during a football game or otherwise. There are some areas TV channels in general should be wise enough to avoid, this being one of them. Advertising religious or political beliefs (discounting the unavoidable campaign ads) should be a red flag for anyone in the ad department. For either of those types of advertisement the only possible outcome is that you be upsetting a group of people. I'm sure that CBS received a nice pile of mail on the issue already.

Also, Cheapy, it will be nice to start hearing more talk about PC games if you do decide on the wireless HDMI route, so many "game" podcasts seem to ignore the platform completely.

[quote name='CheapyD']I donated money to the EFF, signed several petitions and wrote my Congressmen. Is that nothing?[/QUOTE]

That's something. I apologize for my hasty conclusion. The subject just really gets me fired up, I can't believe the government is doing this.

Been listening for over 5 years, and always found wombat hilarious

But honestly, his analysis of outsourcing and its effect on the economy is on level with a five year old.

[quote name='drew327']Wombat quote of the show "I think the NFL which is so involved in being family friendly, it wasn't appropriate"..... for an organization called Focus on the Family.

The verse is telling you that you have a choice Wombat. Not to go to hell. I'm sorry you (and probably several others) perceive it that way.[/QUOTE]I disagree. If you listen to the ad, which plays at the end of the podcast, it certainly slants toward the "if you don't follow our religion, you are wrong" angle. While that may not be the true purpose of the verse in respect to the rest of the gospel section, singling out that particular verse and reciting it in the manner used is only for the purpose of creating controversy.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']I'm a Christian Pastor and I agree with Wombat. I would never hesitate to share my faith in person, or even in this forum, but to just slam it into your face while on television? Yeah, no thanks.

I doubt Wombat would have been near as offended if someone talked to him about the contents of John 3:16 in person than he was getting it in the middle of an NFL game. That's the way Jesus told us to do it anyway.

Also, Wombat, I have now watched the first two seasons of How I Met Your Mother after your initial rage tweet. Thanks for introducing me to the show.[/QUOTE]

The world needs more of you. Every religion has something to offer and you should you willing to share it...when asked. Don't lead a conversation (or commercial in this case) with it.

And on the greater issue, when you take issue with something in society (like gay marriage) you use your beliefs to compose your side of a discussion but your argument can't be entirely based on that religious belief since it's not shared with everyone. Re-state it so that it includes everyone, not just those you sit with on Sunday.

Also Wombat, I know about 100 episodes ago you bought a car? Was that car assembeled in America(and from an american company)? Just wondering.

And I think that from an economic perspective, I would be much happier if things like shoes and clothes would be made here, as opposed to electronics. If the shit ever hits the fan and china decides to stop sending us shoes and clothes, I think we would be hurt much more than gaming consoles and other electronics. But I do think that none of this is going to happen anytime soon, or probably ever.

Only two shows keep me watching this channel, and Big Bang Theory is one of them.

Sure we would be happier if our clothes were made domestically, but one person cynically commented about Wombat's understanding of global economics. We would like to save our economy, especially have a manufacturing base here, but most people would actually whine and complain about things being more expensive, blaming many things like cost of capital and unions, just so we can have a $5 bag of socks.

[quote name='hufferstl']Also Wombat, I know about 100 episodes ago you bought a car? Was that car assembeled in America(and from an american company)? Just wondering.

And I think that from an economic perspective, I would be much happier if things like shoes and clothes would be made here, as opposed to electronics. If the shit ever hits the fan and china decides to stop sending us shoes and clothes, I think we would be hurt much more than gaming consoles and other electronics. But I do think that none of this is going to happen anytime soon, or probably ever.[/QUOTE]

If it ever hits the fan, the last thing people will be worried about is gaming consoles. Shoes are things that have been made and are relatively the same for over 100 years(mind you until the 1850s there were no left/right shoes, just one shoe for either foot). If it comes down to china refusing to send us shoes, first we have warehouses full of them and second, we could make them very easy with materials we have. Gaming consoles on the other hand, not many people have the tooling or materials to produce them on short notice.

I just bought a pair of new balance shoes, made in america(Boston I think) for the same price as any other foreign made shoe. We need more american made products bottom line.

Big corporations want to sell us their products, then move operations out of the country taking our jobs leaving us with no money to buy their products. It doesn't make sense to me.

If anyone wants to buy american check out this site. I've bought several things recently including the prison blues jeans which are the best jeans ever made.

[quote name='Kosh']Yep, religion is the most evil thing invented by man.[/QUOTE]
Have a little empathy, for people who believe differently than you. Just because people believe something differently doesn't deem them evil. You're just stooping down to your oppositions level, making you no different than them. That's what keeps us down. No matter what you believe, try to keep the love and peace. Thanks. :)

I have been listening to the show since around ep.100 and have since listened to every single episode multiple times as I listen whilst playing games (meaning that I have listened to literally thousands of hours of CAGCasts..).

I used to love Wombat and thought that he was great on the show, but over the past few months he has been getting more and more annoying to the point where after listening to this episode I felt like I had to make a comment about it.

Normally the ignorant comments about things that he doesn't really know anything about are pretty harmless but when I hear you guys blow off SOPA and PIPA as if they are nothing and tell your listeners that there is nothing to worry about and that they are wasting their time taking action against it I actually got pretty annoyed.. We are not yet safe from SOPA and EVEN IF it is not passed, you can bet that they are going to reword it again and again in the hope that it will slip through.

I don't want to go on about it TOO much but would I be wrong in thinking that if it is passed then Cheapy will almost certain have to take down CAG? Would he not have to go through every single podcast making sure that there is no copyrighted material out of fear of getting a 5 year jail sentence (including the opening and closing songs)?

Basically, I just think that it is very very stupid to make to little of something that could change every single listener of your shows life.

Cheapy, why do you want to PC game on your TV? 1920 x 1080 is the max resolution for your TV, it's going to look horribly stretched out, text will look crappy, etc. I tried that on my 40 inch TV and it sucked.

Plus, keyboard and mouse on your lap? Or do you just want to play games that support controllers?

Stop making it seem like its so difficult, either build a PC (super easy), or buy a nice one, and hook it up to your iMac screen or any other nice monitor. You'll be sitting two feet from the monitor.
But of course, all the Apple cock sucking will tell you that everything needs to be presented in a stupidly shiny interface with everything locked down so you can't mess it up,

I don't get how you guys can IGNORE Skyrim on the PC. The number of mods on there are AMAZING, you can do so much more on that version, but no, you limit yourself because PC GAMING IS JUST TOO DIFFICULT, ITS NOT FOR ME WAAAAA. I CAN'T DO ANYTHNG PAST PUTTING A DISC IN MY CONSOLE!

Oh, and Wombat, I hope that you let your kids make their own choices on religion, because otherwise I'm pretty offended. I don't like when kids that can be easily influenced have their mind made up for them by their parents or someone else. Not trying to offend you or anything, but lets not have double standards on how others can't shlock their religion on to you while you do it with your own family. (You may not actually be guilty of any of this)

Good show otherwise!

[quote name='Kosh']Yep, religion is the most evil thing invented by man.[/QUOTE]

Religion was a good idea but was corrupted a long time ago.

Taking off a credit card stored on Xbox Live is easy. It's true, it used to be next to impossible but that was several years ago. I'm speaking from first hand experience. I recently put a credit card on their system to get some Windows Phone apps. (For some reason WinPhone only accepts credit cards, not Microsoft points.) After I got what I wanted I was able to take it off no problem.

The note in the address line "DO NOT HELP WITH ACCOUNT RECOVERY" works. I did that. I needed to make a change but they said the account was locked. I couldn't figure it out until I remembered that note and removed it. Then they were willing to help.

[quote name='Microshock']Cheapy, why do you want to PC game on your TV? 1920 x 1080 is the max resolution for your TV, it's going to look horribly stretched out, text will look crappy, etc. I tried that on my 40 inch TV and it sucked.

Plus, keyboard and mouse on your lap? Or do you just want to play games that support controllers? [/QUOTE]

A bunch of the guys from Giant Bomb and Tested are using 360 controllers to play PC games on their TVs via HDMI and they all think it works wonderfully.

[quote name='Curufinwe']A bunch of the guys from Giant Bomb and Tested are using 360 controllers to play PC games on their TVs via HDMI and they all think it works wonderfully.[/QUOTE]

I never said using an Xbox 360 controller didn't work well on the PC with the games that support it. I'm saying his PC games won't look as good on a 60 inch TV with a 1920 x 1080 resolution then with something smaller like a 23 inch monitor with the same resolution.

Same pixels but more space = stretched out crappy looking image. Plus, no one wants to play an FPS game on the PC with a controller.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'll just give you the real issues I have with Christianity.

1. The beliefs on gays. It's so archaic. what this is basically like to me: Discrimination/Racism/Intolerance with no logic behind it. If there is any real logic to it, please do enlighten me.

.[/QUOTE]

Please, there is no one unified position on homosexuality in Christianity. Sure many denominations oppose it to varying degrees (some downright hateful) but to claim all Christians have the same belief about gays is simply ignorant.

Next time, Please don't assume Focus on the Family speaks or all Christians (you to Wombat)

[quote name='Microshock']I'm saying his PC games won't look as good on a 60 inch TV with a 1920 x 1080 resolution then with something smaller like a 23 inch monitor with the same resolution.[/QUOTE]

Yes they will, because you sit further away from the TV than a desktop monitor. If you're noticing individual pixels on your TV, you're sitting too close to it.

[quote name='John']Yes they will, because you sit further away from the TV than a desktop monitor. If you're noticing individual pixels on your TV, you're sitting too close to it.[/QUOTE]

That is a good point! But do you just play games optimized for controllers? I know there's plenty, and I do the same like with Dead Space 2/racing games/ Arkham City, etc.

Or do you have a table in front of you with a wireless mouse and keyboard.

Okay, just wanted to pop in and throw my two cents into the thread real quick-like ;)

Should any from of religion be thrown in your face? No. Was the commercial thing a bit over-reacted upon? Yes. Honestly people, it really wasn't that bad... Just a verse, being read by children, with emphasis on the "anyone" part, to try and get the message out on what they believe. I do agree on it being the wrong way to go about it, but it's hardly worth getting into a flame war over, as they're just trying to spread the message that they believe in. Now, I'll admit that I do believe in Christianity, but I have big problems with actual religion(with religious propaganda being the biggest offender, to me) and they way churches are being ran today. So(in all fairness), maybe I'd be more outraged if I wasn't of the same belief as that which the commercial supports, but being the way I am about religion makes me honestly think, not so much.

Also, not supporting gay marriage or whatever doesn't mean you hate them, so I'm not sure how that makes you a "hate" group. Not saying I'm of the sort, you should be able to do whatever you want as that's part of being free, and I'll touch more on that later.

So, since when did not supporting the lifestyle make you a homophobe? I know people who are openly gay, and I have contact with them nearly every day in passing... But I don't hate them. Being a Christian means believing what the Bible says, and while a good bit of it is open for interpretation, some of it is pretty clear(to nearly most of us). So we don't think that being gay is "right", but true Christians do not hate gay people. I do not. I don't even mind being around them, as some of them are the nicest people you could ever meet. The main principle in the Bible is love, you're supposed to show that toward everyone, not just people who are of the same belief as yourself. I, personally, don't believe in it - but far be it from me to keep anyone from living the way they see fit(so long as they aren't harming anyone), or believing in whatever they want. I mean, that's one of the key points in the Bible itself, too. Free will. We all have the free will to choose to do, or don't do, whatever it is we like. It's spoken of many times in the scriptures, and it's only of the most amazing things about humankind.

[quote name='Microshock']That is a good point! But do you just play games optimized for controllers? I know there's plenty, and I do the same like with Dead Space 2/racing games/ Arkham City, etc.

Or do you have a table in front of you with a wireless mouse and keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Controller for games that support it, mouse/keyboard for games that don't:

lounge.jpg

[quote name='sandmanzero']Have a little empathy, for people who believe differently than you. Just because people believe something differently doesn't deem them evil. You're just stooping down to your oppositions level, making you no different than them. That's what keeps us down. No matter what you believe, try to keep the love and peace. Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

What?! I said religion is evil not the people. I don't care what other people believe as long as they don't push their agenda on me.

[quote name='Mixer236']Okay, just wanted to pop in and throw my two cents into the thread real quick-like ;)

Should any from of religion be thrown in your face? No. Was the commercial thing a bit over-reacted upon? Yes. Honestly people, it really wasn't that bad... Just a verse, being read by children, with emphasis on the "anyone" part, to try and get the message out on what they believe. I do agree on it being the wrong way to go about it, but it's hardly worth getting into a flame war over, as they're just trying to spread the message that they believe in. Now, I'll admit that I do believe in Christianity, but I have big problems with actual religion(with religious propaganda being the biggest offender, to me) and they way churches are being ran today. So(in all fairness), maybe I'd be more outraged if I wasn't of the same belief as that which the commercial supports, but being the way I am about religion makes me honestly think, not so much.

Also, not supporting gay marriage or whatever doesn't mean you hate them, so I'm not sure how that makes you a "hate" group. Not saying I'm of the sort, you should be able to do whatever you want as that's part of being free, and I'll touch more on that later.

So, since when did not supporting the lifestyle make you a homophobe? I know people who are openly gay, and I have contact with them nearly every day in passing... But I don't hate them. Being a Christian means believing what the Bible says, and while a good bit of it is open for interpretation, some of it is pretty clear(to nearly most of us). So we don't think that being gay is "right", but true Christians do not hate gay people. I do not. I don't even mind being around them, as some of them are the nicest people you could ever meet. The main principle in the Bible is love, you're supposed to show that toward everyone, not just people who are of the same belief as yourself. I, personally, don't believe in it - but far be it from me to keep anyone from living the way they see fit(so long as they aren't harming anyone), or believing in whatever they want. I mean, that's one of the key points in the Bible itself, too. Free will. We all have the free will to choose to do, or don't do, whatever it is we like. It's spoken of many times in the scriptures, and it's only of the most amazing things about humankind.[/QUOTE]

Man, Christianity sure makes prejudice easy when we can pick and choose which parts are gospel (pardon the pun) and which parts are "open to interpretation." Slavery's not PC anymore, so that's obviously a metaphor, but there's still enough people with sticks up their asses (bitter irony) to allow the "keep the queers out of my church" attitude to thrive like mold under the fridge, so we can follow those passages chapter and verse (dammit, these puns are so easy) and pretend we're not centering our lives around an outdated text written in a time when the pants were still a hot scientific breakthrough. Congratulations on being a polite bigot, though, baby steps!

Also, why was I not told about wireless HDMI before know? Dynamite setup.

[quote name='Mixer236']

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because you are systematically denying rights to a group for no Goddamn reason. It may not be active, it may be coated in hypocritical "love", but the looking down on them implied in your post is gross.

and Splatoon is right. There are a ton of other things the bible also calls "not right" that people are perfectly happy to ignore.

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric

Don't cut your hair nor shave

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals.

but yeah let's just focus on the Gays..

[quote name='Splatoon']Man, Christianity sure makes prejudice easy when we can pick and choose which parts are gospel (pardon the pun) and which parts are "open to interpretation." Slavery's not PC anymore, so that's obviously a metaphor, but there's still enough people with sticks up their asses (bitter irony) to allow the "keep the queers out of my church" attitude to thrive like mold under the fridge, so we can follow those passages chapter and verse (dammit, these puns are so easy) and pretend we're not centering our lives around an outdated text written in a time when the pants were still a hot scientific breakthrough. Congratulations on being a polite bigot, though, baby steps!

Also, why was I not told about wireless HDMI before know? Dynamite setup.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where the latter part of your post came from, or even if you're just generalizing or directing it towards me, so I'll just respond to the first part - which you quoted me on.

I'm not saying you should pick and choose what you want, and live by those standards alone. Heck, I said to be a Christian is to live by the Bible itself. If it makes you feel any better, I'll say that it's all up for interpretation. However, certain parts will be interpreted the same way by 99% of people that do so. That's all I meant by that specific part of my post, that the parts in the Bible that touch on homosexuality seem pretty clear, at least to me, anyway. As do most of the other key points. All I meant by the "up for interpretation" parts is on the nitpicky stuff that doesn't even matter, like the hardcore Christians that don't even think women should wear pants, and will argue over it until they're red in the face.

In the end, as I said earlier, I don't care what you, the people down the street, and the people I pass by every day do(again, as long as it's not hurting anyone) or believe in(though, of course, I'd like for everyone to believe the same as me ;) ), and I don't think anyone should be forced or held back one way or the other. Anyone should be able to go wherever, do whatever, and live however they want.

[quote name='usickenme']Yes, because you are systematically denying rights to a group for no Goddamn reason. It may not be active, it may be coated in hypocritical "love", but the looking down on them implied in your post is gross.

and Splatoon is right. There are a ton of other things the bible also calls "not right" that people are perfectly happy to ignore.

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric

Don't cut your hair nor shave

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals.

but yeah let's just focus on the Gays..[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they're just against it. I have no knowledge of them organizing protests, causing any kind of hate crimes, or causing people to look down upon someone who lives differently than they believe. If they do/have, then I retract my statement. Again, I stated that I wasn't a part of it, nor did I say that I agreed with everything FotF says or does.

Much of what you quoted there is what is referred to as Old Testament Law, while some of it is a bit over-exaggerated. It was in place to try and keep yourself as pure as possible, as in the Christian religion, Jesus had not yet come to die for all man's sins. People had to rely on living by God's law, which is to try and remain as sinless as possible, and offer up pure sacrifices. After Jesus came to die, most of that changed, as it was no longer necessary to try and be perfect. Though you're still supposed to try and do your best. Again, this is just the belief system of Christians, and all I'm trying to better explain it to you.

I'm not focusing on the Gays, and nor should Christians, I was only speaking about it as it was the issue that came up.

*EDIT*

And with that, I'm going to bed. :) Again, not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers... Just trying to explain a bit better what I believe and expressing my opinion on the matter.

I didn't expect the cagcast to be what I got but it was a great episode.

With regards to the Tebow/Focus on the Family ad I agree with Wombat about it. I don't really have a problem with John 3:16 as many religions have that type of believe in us or else message but I do have a problem with Focus on the Family. And this isn't the first time that Viacom has had a Focus on the Family ad as well.

At least Brian Schottenheimer is gone?

[quote name='Mixer236']

Much of what you quoted there is what is referred to as Old Testament Law, while some of it is a bit over-exaggerated. It was in place to try and keep yourself as pure as possible, as in the Christian religion, Jesus had not yet come to die for all man's sins. People had to rely on living by God's law, which is to try and remain as sinless as possible, and offer up pure sacrifices. After Jesus came to die, most of that changed, as it was no longer necessary to try and be perfect. Though you're still supposed to try and do your best. Again, this is just the belief system of Christians, and all I'm trying to better explain it to you.

.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but not needed. I grew up Lutheran, went to bible study, confirmation, and 2 years Lutheran college. I always found that to be MORE asinine.

"jesus came to forgive our sins and negate the old testament......except the being gay part" it's still selective.

I'm just lucky I had some smart and progressive pastors growing up who realized this as well.

That said FoF has every right to buy ads, CBS has every right to air it, the NFL isn't on the hook for every ad shown, and Wombat is being a baby.

Hell I don't even know where to start.....

First, good show all

Second, FotF; I agree with Wombat they are nothing more then a hate group draped in family values.

All I'm going to say is this:

If you deny rights to anyone gay, straight, black, white, christian, atheist, or so on your a bigot there is no mixing this up. I don't care how nice about it you are as this is the same backwards logic people used to enslave, deny rights to women, interracial couples, and my all time favorite "separate but equal". Before you say being gay is choice let me ask you; When did you decided you weren't gay?

Tebow puts his christianity on his sleeve he is not quite about it. :roll:

Just to be clear so you understand my view and you cant prejudge me or dismiss my opinion because you think I'm gay etc. I am: A White Male, in my 30's, living in the south, Married with a Son and a 2nd on the way. You may decided to dismiss me becuse I am an atheist, but I hope not.

OK back to loving cheap Video Game. :lol:

Hey cheapy along with the cheapy awards, can you do a movie awards segment? I would like to know what you guys think was the best movie of 2011. That said we all know Tinker Tailor was way worse than trolls 2!

I hope that I will be respected after this post. I welcome healthy arguments but if you attack me like a 1st grader I won't respond. Good debates keep the world going. If I offend any rational person of any faith, or no faith, I do apologize.

I am a devoted Roman Catholic. I'm 21 and single. I am active in my faith and I try to live a good life. I firmly believe that if I live the way that Jesus Christ taught us to live and follow the Ten Commandments then there will be a place in heaven for me. At the same time, I believe that anyone of a different faith can go to heaven, whatever their view of it is. Everyone has the right to believe what they wish. That is the right that we are given when we are born. I believe that Jews and Muslims have the right to eternal life, with whatever they believe in.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
By reading that verse, I believe that if I believe in Jesus, I will have eternal life in heaven. It doesn't say that you must believe in Jesus to have eternal life. That is just one of the ways you can gain it.

As for the commercial, CBS has every right to broadcast it as they can with a commercial about another faith. The NFL has no official say in what commericals air. If they don't like it then they can move to a different channel. If you are offended by a commerical, than switch channels for 30 seconds. Whenever a commerical comes on for animal abuse, (I don't abuse animals, I have two dogs and a cat myself) I switch channels because I am tired of organizations trying to get emotional appeal out of me like that. I'm sure I'm not alone there. If you want my money, don't try to make me feel like crap.

As far as Tim Tebow is concerned, Tebowmania is media driven. How many times have we seen a football player get down on his knee after a touchdown, or a pitcher perform the sign of the cross before taking the mound in a game. After winning a championship, has an athlete ever thanked God and Jesus Christ live on national television? Tebow gets the publicity because he is slightly more vocal about his faith. Is that a bad thing? It is his right as a human and an American to profess his faith. Is he pushing his faith onto us? No he isn't.

I am against focus on the family for their stances on several issues. I understand the message they were trying to send but they could have gone a much different route showing it on national television, (don't use kids, it never goes well).

Faith is a beautiful thing. Faith is what gets me up in the morning. My faith in God has helped me through tough moments in my life. If you do not believe in a God of any kind, that is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I believe that there is good place for athiests after life on earth, depending on how you live your life now.

[quote name='KillingMachine']I worship pancakes and find it offensive that the CAGcast hopes that they will be served in hell.[/QUOTE]

I'm a waffle guy. Sorry:cool:

Well Josh, it's a good thing you left out gays because it was dead obvious what you were going to say about them, right?

I do not care what religion people partake in, it's not their fault they had all this information pumped into them at an age where they couldnt really choose so they just accepted it. (Yes, some people find religion later on). But tolerating racism/homophobism/etc is just as bad as it happening. So no, it's NOT COOL that there are religious groups and people trying to stop gays from having the same rights as others.
It's not alright, and no one should just ACCEPT that someone thinks that way BECAUSE IT LIMITS EVERYONE.

Well, you're allowed to be a homophobe and ignorant because its your opinion, fuck that shit.

bread's done
Back