CAGcast #277: Hotel Soap? Yes!

I also wanted to show some support for The Witcher 2, and not just because of the rampant sexy-sex in the game. The combat is badass, that fluid chaining of attacks, sort of like the Arkham games, but with swords and bombs and magic. The story is great, very complex and full of twists and turns (a little like Game of Thrones, while I'm making comparisons). And not to mention it just looks gorgeous. I mean, I did play maxed out on PC, but the 360 version is looking like it will be pretty damn close in quality.

Dear Wombat,
I haven't offered you a compliment to you in a while (if ever) so I will say it's good to have you back and IMO your presence was definitely missed during your brief hiatus. Not that Cheapy and Ship can't hold the fort with you away but I've grown to love all your respective contributions including yours. I'm also glad to see you growing thicker skin over the years and don't let the detractors get you down as much as before.

Dear Cheapy,
Personally I thought the Prothen's accent was more African than Carribean (ie Jamaican). Yes there is a difference. If you're gonna be racially insensitive at least use the right stereotype! :)

Dear Shipwreck,
Is there no way to just rip out or outright disable the isafe alarm? Looks like it would be a decent enough bag without such a grating feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Sometimes I think myself, my cousin, and his wife are the only 3 people in the world who hated Drive.[/QUOTE]

you, your cousin, his wife and me. Dumb movie with a cool soundtrack.

Wombat,

Thank you for giving CheapyD some shit about his crappy taste in intro music. I truly appreciate it! There are so many better options out there that would also be much more relevant to our gaming hobby. Below is a perfect example:

watch

I concur with Ship's opinion on RE:Operation Raccoon City. It's an extremely average TPS on all accounts, that is dragged down a tad more by the brain dead AI and the fact that everything takes just a few too many shots to kill. The off and lab environments in the game are also pretty bland, and they are probably the most frequently visited.

I've seen quite a few reviews on metacritic totally slam the game, but in the end it's playable, and can certainly provide some entertainment. I think the real issue with the game though is that in a month or two the game's value will plummet even further when the online community, which the game depends on heavily, is completely dead.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Witcher 2 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk5r1mP6om8

Look up other stuff on YT if you want Cheapy. Witcher 2 has some of the most graphic sex scenes in any non-AO rated game; makes the Bioware stuff look PG-13.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of The Witcher 2, how stoked are our 3 hosts for this game? Easily one of the best games I have ever played. Top 5 all time for sure.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Speaking of The Witcher 2, how stoked are our 3 hosts for this game? Easily one of the best games I have ever played. Top 5 all time for sure.[/QUOTE]

I would tend to agree. The game is just brilliant. One of my favorite things about it is all the traps/poisons/potions/bombs (things that can be ignored in most games) are integral to the strategy of the game.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Speaking of The Witcher 2, how stoked are our 3 hosts for this game? Easily one of the best games I have ever played. Top 5 all time for sure.[/QUOTE]

None of them seemed to know much about it, hence why the level of posting about it in the feedback thread.

[quote name='thorbahn3'] This is more interesting:[/QUOTE]

Lol, well played. :D

An aside to any Star Wars fans that have an Audible subscription, they have the original trilogy radio shows for 1 credit per movie. These are pretty much fantastic and worth picking up if you don't have the CD's. Lot's of extra scenes that add to the experience, and some of the original actors as well.

Wombat, why does your babysitter's sick boyfriend affect her ability to babysit for you? Now, I am making the assumption the two of them are high-school age so I may be wrong, but wouldn't it just require her to watch the kids for the night? Unless he's coming over later, which is a problem I ran into with my own sitter.

Not trying to get anybody fired, but perhaps it would be best to further investigate.

[quote name='flameo2000']Wombat, why does your babysitter's sick boyfriend affect her ability to babysit for you? Now, I am making the assumption the two of them are high-school age so I may be wrong, but wouldn't it just require her to watch the kids for the night? Unless he's coming over later, which is a problem I ran into with my own sitter.

Not trying to get anybody fired, but perhaps it would be best to further investigate.[/QUOTE]

LOL I thought the same thing. It sounded to me like the sitter didn't want the gig because her boyfriend wouldn't be able to come over to ahem "keep her company".

But I suppose "she needed to take care of him instead of the kids" is an alternative, less mind in the gutter answer. :)

There likely won't be a Mass Effect 4 ... but I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with something like Mass Effect: Battle for Earth

Where it's co-op and you group together to organize the human resistance to the Reapers along with Anderson and play out the events while Shepard was rallying forces in ME3

Or maybe they make a prequel with the First Contact War between the Turians and Humans and include Saren and Anderson.

Even something regarding the story of Aria taking over Omega and having to deal with Garrus and Mordin (and possibly Wrex) would be pretty cool.

Tsquared might sound familiar becuase he was featured on 100's of thousands dr pepper bottles a few years ago, hes also been on x-play and MTV's True Life of a Professional gamer. Him and his team Str8 Rippin went on to get 13th

[quote name='saunderscowie']I can definitely see Wombat and Ship liking the Witcher not sure about Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy expressed a like of Game of Thrones during the show so that's why we've been posting about Witcher 2.

I thought the Suda51 bashing was overdone. Hard to believe that some guys lower down totem pole don't like their boss/think his ego is too big, esp in a creative industry. I mean, that never happens anywhere else, does it?

Also comparing a Japanese company's 'Christmas' gift (or possibly a similarly timed Oseibo gift) to a US company's Christmas gift isn't apples to apples. Traditionally, Japanese employees get a New Years cash gift that can be quite sizable (ie, a month or two of pay). In Japan, New Years is their Christmas by US standards. As nice as Wombat's cookware might be, I doubt it is 2-months-of-salary level of nice.

And if an US developer had a game tank as hard as Shadows of the Damned, I would imagine most of the staff would be quite joyous if they got hotel soap for Christmas instead the far more likely layoff notice.

kinda saddens me that Wombat completely missed the point about "used games killing core games".

The point was that the prevalence of used games is what's hurting. Yeah there were used games sales with the 8bit generation but it was nothing like what we have now. I believe the quote even said "prevalence of used games".

[quote name='Wolfkin']kinda saddens me that Wombat completely missed the point about "used games killing core games".

The point was that the prevalence of used games is what's hurting. Yeah there were used games sales with the 8bit generation but it was nothing like what we have now. I believe the quote even said "prevalence of used games".[/QUOTE]

I probably bought half my NES games used in the 80's. It was prevalent back then. It just wasn't centralized at GameStop or available online. Flea markets, garage sales, Blockbusters, Software Etc., Babbages, and mom & pop stores. Used NES games were everywhere.

[quote name='shipwreck']I probably bought half my NES games used in the 80's. It was prevalent back then. It just wasn't centralized at GameStop or available online. Flea markets, garage sales, Blockbusters, Software Etc., Babbages, and mom & pop stores. Used NES games were everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I used to buy them at the local video rental store all the time. And there was at least one place that sold all of the systems from PS1 (newest at the time) back to the Atari.

So yeah, used games are not a new thing.

Thinking about the soap.

One christmas headquarters kept calling us telling us to make sure we are gonna be at the meeting because the prez is bringing our christmas gifts. They mad such a big deal. Everyone thought we would be getting bonuses or something nice because it was an extremely tough year lots of work.

Well he showed up and gave us each a cheap small metal picture frames with the company logo on them I was like WTF. I mean there a work of art.

One time they sent me an at a boy starbucks giftcard. It was for 2.00. I didn't even know you could get one for 2 dollars.... Cheap ass bosses

If your gonna be cheap don't give me anything. How could anyone think that would be a good gift?

bread's done
Back