CAGcast #296: Mark, The Ninja

Yay! My favorite podcast is back!

I like how Wombat wants to set up bets like they do on the ESPN fantasy podcasts. You 3 should set up bets and have some kind of payout at the end of the year.

And I think Steam Big Picture could be Huge, in every sense of the word. One of the big reasons console players don't use Steam is because they want to play on their couches in front of their big tvs. But if you combine steam super-sales along with games that auto-update themselves and an easy no-brainer tv interface, Steam is gonna kick Sony/Microsoft/Nintendos' collective asses!

Please include me in the PS3 copy of walking dead 3 random drawing. Thanks! :p

would like a code for episode 3 of the walking dead for ps3. ive read all the comics , i watch the show and im about to finish up episode 2 this week.

[quote name='Wombat']In those comics/ cartoons he takes a break after he has been Batman for a long time, almost 15-30 years, I think. In DKR he has been Batman for maybe a 1.5 - 2 years and then takes an eight year vacation. That's not very Batman like.[/QUOTE]

But the movie Batman is supposed to be suffering from some pretty serious injuries sustained in those 2 years, as well as depression from not saving whatsherface from the Joker. Also crime was under control for those eight years because of the Dent Act and the Joker being behind bars.

Missed the show the past couples weeks. Also, just watched the Jiro movie per Cheapy, s reccomendation and love it.

I'll take a code too if you have one. I have 360, ps3, and pc so system does matter.

[quote name='Curufinwe']But the movie Batman is supposed to be suffering from some pretty serious injuries sustained in those 2 years, as well as depression from not saving whatsherface from the Joker. Also crime was under control for those eight years because of the Dent Act and the Joker being behind bars.[/QUOTE]

a. Batman gets injured a lot, its part of the character, not a reason to stop being batman.

b. He was depressed when his parents were killed too, you know what he did, HE BECAME BATMAN!

c. better plot device, its not really the Dent Act that solved the crime problem, but Batman still secretly being Batman that has kept crime down. The Dent Act is just the story Gordon uses to keep the press of Batman's trail.

I'll have to try that sushi place one day when I go to Japan. It sounds like something my wife would really enjoy. Cheapy, are they a lot of restaurants like that in Japan? Restaurants run by masters at their craft.

I'd love a Walking Dead code as well.

My buns are itching for a PS3 Walking Dead code; the fact that the game is closer to the books rather than the show is a VERY good thing!

I was working out while listening and the jokes about Wombat's Sleeping and Eating game and Cheapy's Shitting and Masturbating game actually made me laugh so much it ruined my set :). Entertaining as always, guys.

Also, I'd love a Walking Dead code for the PS3.

So, was anyone else annoyed that no one corrected Cheapy in calling it The Dark Knight Returns? It's Rises. Or maybe it was a joke that went over my head.
Also, I'm surprised that Shipwreck is that genuinely excited over NBA Baller Beats. I figured all the "excitement" he was having before was somewhat real, but mostly sarcastic and hyperbole. But he really is that excited about it. I don't get it. At all.

I'll throw my name in for a Walking Dead code on PS3, please.

[quote name='Jasper Kazai']So, was anyone else annoyed that no one corrected Cheapy in calling it The Dark Knight Returns? It's Rises. Or maybe it was a joke that went over my head.
Also, I'm surprised that Shipwreck is that genuinely excited over NBA Baller Beats. I figured all the "excitement" he was having before was somewhat real, but mostly sarcastic and hyperbole. But he really is that excited about it. I don't get it. At all.

I'll throw my name in for a Walking Dead code on PS3, please.[/QUOTE]

I'll break it down for you.

1. I really enjoy playing basketball and I played point guard way back in high school, so I enjoy dribbling.
2. I like video games and rhythm video games.
3. This is a fun video game if you have the proper space to play it in.
4. It's such an absurd idea that I have no idea how it became an actual product, but it's a good product for a certain market. It has a good soundtrack, NBA licensing, and it's a Kinect game that works well. I have no clue how this all happened.

[quote name='Wombat']a. Batman gets injured a lot, its part of the character, not a reason to stop being batman.

b. He was depressed when his parents were killed too, you know what he did, HE BECAME BATMAN!

c. better plot device, its not really the Dent Act that solved the crime problem, but Batman still secretly being Batman that has kept crime down. The Dent Act is just the story Gordon uses to keep the press of Batman's trail.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not in the comics, but this version of the Batman character is supposed to be vaguely realistic, hence the crazy stuff he went thru in the first two films (especially the fall at the end of TDK) had real physical consequences.

I think it took him around 15 years to start becoming Batman after his parents were killed.

I left off my last post that Batman being public enemy number one for supposedly murdering Harvey Dent is another reason it made sense for him lay low for a while. Maybe three or four years would be easier to swallow than eight, but I still think the prolonged absence makes sense in the Nolan universe.

Great episode! I really want to get Mark the Ninja now!
I was so disappointed in the new Batman movie!
I am really enjoying the Walking Dead on PS3 and would love to get PS3 code for episode 3!

Great show, like the movie talk and Shipwreck's boner for baller beats. The Walking Dead is awesome and a code would be great. Keep up te good work guys.

Glad to hear the CAGcast back! It would be scarey if Cheapy does more in video form he'd have visual aids and pictures of his "stories" all the time.

Wombat Bane impersonation was great. His Mrs.Shipwreck one on the other hand sounded like Strong Bad.

If the code for Walking Dead Ep.3 is for PS3, yes please.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'll break it down for you.

1. I really enjoy playing basketball and I played point guard way back in high school, so I enjoy dribbling.
2. I like video games and rhythm video games.
3. This is a fun video game if you have the proper space to play it in.
4. It's such an absurd idea that I have no idea how it became an actual product, but it's a good product for a certain market. It has a good soundtrack, NBA licensing, and it's a Kinect game that works well. I have no clue how this all happened.[/QUOTE]
Alright, fair enough. I'm not a fan of rhythm games myself, so I don't even like the more normal ones (as in playing an instrument). I knew you played basketball, but that didn't seem to be enough on its own. I didn't mean to sound insulting; I hope I didn't.

Couldn't agree more with you guys on Bane's voice. I thought there was something wrong with the audio in the theater at first. Wombat's Bane impression made my day. And now I'm gonna have to check out Mark (of) the Ninja, because it sounds awesome. Great show guys.

Also, if you have a spare code for Walking Dead ep. 3 on 360, I'll take if off your hands. =P

Thank you for filling the deep dark void in my life that was life without a CAGcast.

Was it just me or was the audio for the TwitchTV CAGcast really really bad? It kept going in and out, and as much as I would love to hear more about the nude pic Cheapy showed the crowd, I had to stop listening.

If you have a code for Walking Dead PS3, I would love to have one! Played up to episode 2 on PS3 with my wife and we are hooked.

Great show and welcome back!

Hey guys, I was really excited to finally have a CAGcast! I'm interested in that Walking Dead ep. 3 for 360, but honestly, I'm just glad you guys are back. No more vacations for Cheapy! :)

Hey you guys have another female listener here! Been a fan forever. I would love to get one of the Walking Dead codes for 360. Wouldn't want to disappoint one of your lady fans right ;)

Cheapy, I too thought that Bane sounded like some bizarre type of Sean Connery. I was able to get over it and enjoy the film.

I would enjoy getting the code for The Walking Dead. I've been looking for a reason to get into the series based on feedback and this would give me a reason to buy the first two episodes. 360 please.

Wombat's epic nerd rage on Batman was pretty funny. As far as walking dead give it some more time. W/o spoilers the show gets better after they leave the city. 3rd episode maybe or 4th. Less zombies and more about the interpersonal relationships between the characters. I am no much of zombie gore fan but much of the time the zombies don't have screen time.

WD Xbox 360 please

After hearing about the "Sexting" during the livecast at the end there, I was hoping Cheapy would of posted the picture he took. Which is a real shame he didn't because I've been searching for a new background for my iPhone, and quite frankly he would have been perfect.

Wombat,

I know you've got a fantasy football high, but don't attempt to rip-off 'the board' from Fantasy Focus Football. It was really awkward. 'Top Analyst' worked better for the CAG-cast when you followed through on it. That being said, I would like to see you in the Man's League.

Although it's much belated, Wombat's Bane impersonation was actually pretty spot-on for anyone that hasn't seen the movie yet. In the movie I found it equally as comical at first but thinking about it more now, I've actually come to accept his voice. I think it would have been too typical to have a hulking villain with a deep voice, so at least the voice is memorable in that regard.

Thanks for putting the live PAX show on the end of this week's episode; it was quite enjoyable despite the audio hiccups in the beginning. Cheapy, I can't imagine saying the things that you do about your sex life knowing that your parents might listen to the show. Hilarious stuff as always.

I would take the same bet that a Vita game will never crack the NPD top ten, but I'm surprised Assassin's Creed III: Liberation wasn't mentioned in that discussion, especially since it's being bundled with the system.

Wombat totally 100% correct on that "Batman" character in The Dark Knight Rises?

Shipwreck liking a gimmick Kinect game that relies on another gimmick?

Cheapy talking about a food story instead of a poop story?

... I don't want to live on this planet anymore ... unless maybe I can get a Walking Dead code for Xbox360 ;)

Hi guys,
It's great the CAGcast is back. This is the only pod cast I listen to weekly.
I am interested in Walking Dead Ep 3 code for PS3, if you still have one available.
Thanks a lot.

First Cagcast I've listened to in a very long time. I have to say it was...entertaining. I'll have to listen in more often to hear the goings ons in the lives of the Wreck, the Wo and CD.
I wish I had the space to try that Baller Beats game, I think it sounds like some fun could be had.

A Walking Dead code for 360 wouldn't hurt one bit.

Good show guys! Glad you guys had a blast at PAX and it was great meeting you at the TwitchTV livestream.

Gotta agree with Wombat, Bane's voice does sound odd. I thought it would have had more Anger in it

Fun show guys. Hope you can score a working copy of NHL Cheapy.

It was cool to meet you guys after PAX ended. Hope your trips home went well.

I'd like a Walking Dead code for 360 or PS3 if I get randomly selected.

Thanks!

I think you guys sold me on Mark of the Ninja, I heard good things but it just sounded really awesome so I downloaded the demo and loved it. Plopped down my points for it right away and with all that 9 hours+ of gameplay I'm sure I will get my moneys worth here. Thanks for that.

I agree with Cheapy regarding the price point, I think Nintendo wants to get below $300 since $250 sounds like a great price for a new console. I would not put it past them to charge $350 since I also expect those controllers to get close to $100.

I would like a chance to get a Walking Dead 360 code!

[quote name='Wombat']a. Batman gets injured a lot, its part of the character, not a reason to stop being batman.

c. better plot device, its not really the Dent Act that solved the crime problem, but Batman still secretly being Batman that has kept crime down. The Dent Act is just the story Gordon uses to keep the press of Batman's trail.[/QUOTE]

But you implying that it was because of revenge? That made no sense.

A.In this version, batman is actually supposed to be human you know, did you miss that?
B. I guess you don't want character development.
C.Nope, the Dent act made a big dent in crime because it kept the criminals in jail, and it wasnt a revolving door of criminals for Batman to take care of.
D. Give me a code.

[quote name='S0LIDARITY']Wombat,

I know you've got a fantasy football high, but don't attempt to rip-off 'the board' from Fantasy Focus Football. It was really awkward. 'Top Analyst' worked better for the CAG-cast when you followed through on it. That being said, I would like to see you in the Man's League.[/QUOTE]

We started doing the bets a year ago, when we did I talked about Fantasy Focus and that it was their idea. I wasn't trying to do anything shady, more of an homage to a show I enjoy.

[quote name='shipwreck']We were talking about Vita exclusive titles. Maybe we weren't clear, but that's what we were discussing.[/QUOTE]

Ahh. Ok. In that case, I agree we won't be seeing any Vita games in the top 10.

I want to know two things. 1. Is Double Dragon Neon the first Teen rated game where you can punch hookers in the gut and they always seem to suffer from a wardrobe malfunction where you can see their boobs spilling out? And: 2. Is Cheapy going to play DD:N with Tai?

PS: I would love to hear 'Wreck compare and contrast DD:N with Mark, the Ninja on the next podcast. Those two games are about as polar opposite as it gets IMO. And mount up a hoop on top of that basement TV you have setup for Baller Beatz...you just know you gonna wanna bust off a quick jump shot after nailing a bunch of beats. (I recommend getting a screen protector for your TV beforehand)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='volt1up']But you implying that it was because of revenge? That made no sense.

A.In this version, batman is actually supposed to be human you know, did you miss that?
B. I guess you don't want character development.
C.Nope, the Dent act made a big dent in crime because it kept the criminals in jail, and it wasnt a revolving door of criminals for Batman to take care of.
D. Give me a code.[/QUOTE]

A. Batman is always human, it's his ability to overcome that makes him great.

B. That isn't character development, it is a plot device and a lousy one at that.

C. The Dent Act stopped Organized Crime, but not all crime. It should not be above Batman to stop muggers and rapists

D. I don't have the codes.

[quote name='Wombat']A. Batman is always human, it's his ability to overcome that makes him great.

B. That isn't character development, it is a plot device and a lousy one at that.

C. The Dent Act stopped Organized Crime, but not all crime. It should not be above Batman to stop muggers and rapists

D. I don't have the codes.[/QUOTE]

It's not like he never quit being Batman in the comics. When Jean-Paul Valley took over for him after Knightfall, Bruce had decided to retire and let Valley keep the mantle. It wasn't until either Dick or Tim brought up to him what was going on behind the scenes that he decided to put in the effort to be Batman again.

But I'm guessing if you hated that 8 year gap,
You hated the end as well with him stop being Batman and letting others do the work he was devoted in doing in the first place?

Regarding Banes voice, I hated it. Not because it sounded terrible, but because it was so loud. Some people said it was fine in their theater, but when he spoke, his voice was booming and everyone else I could barely hear. His however, was so loud it was unintelligible. But in terms of HOW he spoke, I really liked it. It fit in well with what Ra's said in the original film about "theatrics", and Bane seemed to do well with that in terms of how he spoke.

[quote name='4thHorseman']It's not like he never quit being Batman in the comics. When Jean-Paul Valley took over for him after Knightfall, Bruce had decided to retire and let Valley keep the mantle. It wasn't until either Dick or Tim brought up to him what was going on behind the scenes that he decided to put in the effort to be Batman again.

But I'm guessing if you hated that 8 year gap,
You hated the end as well with him stop being Batman and letting others do the work he was devoted in doing in the first place?

Regarding Banes voice, I hated it. Not because it sounded terrible, but because it was so loud. Some people said it was fine in their theater, but when he spoke, his voice was booming and everyone else I could barely hear. His however, was so loud it was unintelligible. But in terms of HOW he spoke, I really liked it. It fit in well with what Ra's said in the original film about "theatrics", and Bane seemed to do well with that in terms of how he spoke.[/QUOTE]

He didn't want to quit being Batman, he had a broken back. It took time to heal. Also he even at that point it was established that he had been Batman for a while. In the movies he is Batman for maybe 2 years, then takes an 8 year break.

I just read the first volume of The Walking Dead graphic novels and I couldn't put that shit down.

I would love to win a code for The Walking Dead Episode 3.
Thanks

[quote name='Wombat']He didn't want to quit being Batman, he had a broken back. It took time to heal. Also he even at that point it was established that he had been Batman for a while. In the movies he is Batman for maybe 2 years, then takes an 8 year break.[/QUOTE]

This was after his back was broken. He had went to Gotham and saw how well Jean-Paul had been doing as Batman and figured he was done. Then he heard the stories of how "The System" was starting to influence Jean-Paul again and decided to confront him. When Jean-Paul told him to leave, he did, but he went to go train again to take the mantle back.

Then you could always make the argument of Earth 2 Batman and when he quit to live with Selina.

It's not the same Batman in the comics, and it's easier when you can split the two and realize this is Nolan's interpretation of a more real-world Batman. Yes it's just as ridiculous that a simple leg machine can heal him enough to get around just like having his back punched many times can heal his back. But I don't think that's any worse than saying he is healed by supernatural/magical means like he was in the comics.

As many interpretations of Batman as there has been, I don't see why this one would be such a problem when it's in line with a few comic versions of him.

Though had they turned him into a vampire like Batman:Red Rain, I think it could have given this movie an extra edge. Maybe in the new reboot...

$299 for entry level Wii U package. $349 for the deluxe package including a game, 4x storage, enrollment in Nintendo premium rewards, etc.

But they priced it so you have to buy the $349 package unless you're an idiot.

IT came in higher priced than I thought it was going to come in. I thought they would hit $249.

I did notice that Reggie specifically said MSRP when announcing the pricing in a way that led me to believe that there is room for deals on this thing up front for retailers to offer.

Glad you guys are back. I missed the show. Have you ever thought about doing a longer show? Also I'm interested in a 360 walking dead code.

Wombat, great points on the Dark Knight Rises. I purchased Mark of the Ninjaa on day one, and have loved playing it. Really well done.

Cheapy, if you like the DC Comics DVD movies you should check out the Young Justice animated series. At first it focuses on just the sidekicks but they take it seriously. No Teen Titans goofiness. Pretty soon in integrates with the grown-up Justice League too. The version of the DC Universe in this show is better than what's currently in the comics.

(Walking Dead 3 for Xbox 360 please.)

[quote name='basston3s']
Was it just me or was the audio for the TwitchTV CAGcast really really bad? It kept going in and out, and as much as I would love to hear more about the nude pic Cheapy showed the crowd, I had to stop listening. [/QUOTE]
Same here! I thought maybe my iphone was shaq-fuing it up.

Totally agree with Cheapy about the bane voice. It just struck me as so obvious that it was a separate recording. The motions and expressions of the bane actor were completely mismatched with the voice. I was blown away by how crappy this was done on an otherwise excellently executed movie.

Also I'd love to try out Walking Dead, and so please put my name in the hat. Thanks!

GREAT episode this week guys. A combination of having more time between eps and a lot of stuff to talk about made for an entertaining listen.

I especially liked the Sushi talk and WiiU guessing. Interesting that Nintendo didn't pack in a Wii-mote in either bundles - I don't think I would have noticed this if you guys didn't bring it up.

Also, I'd love to get Episode 3 Walking Dead if it's an Xbox360 code.

Thanks!

I'm in the extreme minority that believes that TDKR gets worse the more it is looked at. I walked out of the theater extremely disappointed and my dislike of the movie only grows.

There are just way too many plot holes in the story to make it worthwhile. I'll leave my list off this post.

Maybe if I saw it baked, it would be better.

With regard to The Walking Dead, I'd be happy with a code for 360. I'm going to play the game eventually, once I find time to get back to my xbox.

Great work as always on the CAGCast. You're still my #1 podcast.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Regarding Banes voice, I hated it. Not because it sounded terrible, but because it was so loud. Some people said it was fine in their theater, but when he spoke, his voice was booming and everyone else I could barely hear. His however, was so loud it was unintelligible. But in terms of HOW he spoke, I really liked it. It fit in well with what Ra's said in the original film about "theatrics", and Bane seemed to do well with that in terms of how he spoke.[/QUOTE]

I also liked it, but in the IMAX theater I went to it wasn't overly loud compared to the rest of the audio.

His best line was definitely "Do you feel in charge?"

when Vulture caught up with Hardy at last night's Dark Knight Rises premiere, we asked him to explain the inspiration. "It's based on a guy named Bartley Gorman," he told us. (So, not Mr. Belevedere?) "He's the king of the gypsies, and he's a boxer, a bare-knuckle boxer, an Irish traveler, a gypsy."

http://www.vulture.com/2012/07/tom-hardy-explains-his-bane-voice-inspiration.html

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back