CAGcast #62: Blu-ray Blues

Another great show...FIrst thing I do on Wednesday is the download the show.. Look forward to the next one..

Phoenix Wright 2, thanks...

[quote name='Chacrana']Actually, you just stated the problem with the system: We're getting a Wii Sonic game and Mario Party 8. I hardly believe that Sega is capable of making a decent Sonic game with the Wiimote when they butchered the PS3 and 360 game....[/QUOTE]

Like botticus said, Sonic Team who has been doing all the Sonic games as of late has nothing to do with this game. A little research would reveal that, along with a handful of interesting looking videos and an interview with the developer.

I've never bought a Sonic game, but this one looks interesting.

With Greg Crapface (don't feel like looking up his last name), the ex-head of XBLA, being asked to quit, XBLA might get a much needed kick in the ass to get back in gear. I have to agree with Wombat, that XBLA has broken my heart, so much potentional, but this bi-weekly Atari game release schedule just pisses me off.

I'd take MotorStorm.

First contest for me. Got my fingers crossed.
Never played Pheonix Wright, but it looks cool and you guys talk about it all the time. By the way I bought Diddy Kong despite the low score it got. It could actually be good, if you get someone to unlock everything for you....... :cool:

I think its funny how the Wii drought is starting to catch up to everyone. I remember a few weeks ago Cheapy and Wombat couldn't stop talking about the Wii but now its like Wii Talk was just a couple seconds. "What have you been playing?" "nothing" "yep"

I've been kind of down on my Wii myself lately but I'm still optimistic that something will come along and wow me so that I can really feel like my purchase was worth it.

As for the contest, I'd be interested in Killzone: Liberation.

CheapyD, maybe you could use your unused wood 360 faceplate as a gift in future contests.

Phoenix Wright 2 please.

I'm too lazy to read the entire thread to see if this was pointed out already, but your original Tombstone quote was right, as was your 2nd one.

At one point he says "It seems my hypocrisy knows no bounds". He *also* says "My hypocrisy only goes so far" earlier in the movie.

"Why Doc, you're no hypocrite. You just like to talk like one."

hey cheapy i saw u ranting about motorstorm on kotaku i mean i didnt play the game so wat do i kno but i hope the multiplayer is good i hope in the future they add multiplayer (splitscreen).

I posted before about Oblivion's DLC not possible being BS. Here is new info that confirms it:

Rumors were rampant about the reasons behind the lack of downloadable content. Other websites have reported that the justification behind the missing missions and features was due to technical limitations of the console. According to Hines, nothing could be farther from the truth. There were two specific reasons behind why items like the Orrery and Mehrunes's Razor will not be included within the PS3 version of the game. First of all, there was a concern about the balancing of the game and initially giving players access to a thieves den or a wizard's tower immediately at the start of the game. "There was no good way to incorporate these features into the game as soon as it started because it didn't make sense," Hines said. While he didn't rule out the possibility of some of these side quests or features making it into the game, it wouldn't necessarily be as soon as the game hit store shelves.

In fact, the other reason why the downloadable content for the PS3 version of the game isn't included isn't solely because of the technical limitations of the system. Instead, it's because the designers haven't actually tested the PlayStation Network Store and the mechanisms for delivering content to systems. Considering that the development team has been spending a large amount of time making sure that the game transitions over to the PS3 well without the numerous bugs or glitches that plagued the PC and 360 versions of the game, working on the store was definitely a low priority on their list when it came to dedicating additional resources to that feature. But it is being worked on, and it will be coming at a later date.

So what about the shaders or optimizations? Rumors were released stating that everything in the PS3 version of the game would migrate over to the 360 or the PC, which kicked off a screaming match on boards about which version was ultimately better. According to Hines, the shader functionality that would re-render the low-res textures would inevitably make its way to the 360 build and PC in future updates. However, certain optimizations that take advantage of the system's hardware will remain exclusive to the PS3 version of the game.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762882p1.html

Funny how the Blu-Ray section is so small there is only one movie facing forward. As the story goes, the movie is crap as well. Just like X-Men 3 Contractual Obligation (nice joke there Wombat).

Great CAGcast. This one was full of laughs.

As for the contest, once again, SOCOM FTW.

wario por favor.

and to further explain the confusion i had, i wasnt even sure where i was supposed to post the name of the game i wanted. i went to the contests section and i was like, "wtf?!"

Funny podcast guys, love everyone you do, and hope I win something for the next show. Also cheapy or Wombat if your listening to this please add my friend code for the Wii and give me yours.
DSWarrio Mask game

Another great CAGCast, I'm kinda sad I'm finished listening through the archives, as the shows sure speed up the work-day.

Phoenix Wright 2 would be a nice win if I get it :)

[quote name='Jazar']I posted before about Oblivion's DLC not possible being BS. Here is new info that confirms it:

[/quote]

Thanks for the quote- that reasoning (for the absence of the DLC) sounded like it had no technical merit at all. Makes me want to go find the podcast or video that made the original comment.

BTW- I already mentioned my contest pick- I assume you're throwing out duplicates- right?

Great show as always. Too bad about the Blu-Ray... give it another chance, though... X-Men: The Last Stand wasn't a good movie to see in any format... Hopefully, the Wolverine movie will be worth it.

Would be thrilled to get a copy of Phoenix Wright. Not having played either one, would these make for good Wii-makes?

I feel Wombat's pain when he found out Root Beer Tapper was the next Xbox Live arcade game. Wombat didn't you know that although Xbox promised us an arcade, they never said from which decade! (waka waka)

Phoenix Wright for me please!

Castle Crashers can't come fast enough. Live Arcade does need some life breathed into it.

As for the contest I'll go with Killzone

Another excellent show guys. I tried listening to a couple other shows other sites put on since I enjoy yours so much and they kinda sucked in comparison to you guys. Keep up the good work.

And Phoenix Wright 2.

Yet another thoroughly enjoyable 'cast for me to listen to in the car. Thx!

Oh, and I guess Phoenix Wright: Justice for All.

Better than usual podcast both cheapy and wombat seemed in a great mood, keep up the good work.

I would also like in for the Wario game since I just bought PW2.

Good podcast. You guys had none of the apathy problems I complained about last week.

And put me in for Phoenix Wright 2: Justice for All, if you will.

Great show,
I just had Cagcast cram session by listening to Episodes 60-62. Someone in #60 mentioned something about a longer Cagcast. I just wanted to say, if you guys keep talking, I'll keep listening.

Thanks for making a slow Saturday at work enjoyable.

Oh yeah, & Wario.

Enjoyed listening to the show. Liked ur new video too...dunno why but for some reason it cracks me up everytime you stare blankly at ur computer screen to make sure the camera position is correct.

Wario for me.

Good show, should have stayed in your room watching Tombstone, Cheapy! I agree with Wombat on Crackdown, hopefully it doesn't get boring too quickly.

I'll enter in for Phoenix Wright 2 for the DS.

Got a Sony 5-disc Upscaling DVD player from CC for under $150. Serenity looks shiny on the HDTV. I'll never need Blu-ray MI:III now :)

So I'm almost done with Case #2 of Phoenix Wright (1), and then my wife decides she wants to stop playing Big Brain Academy and try what else is in my DS case...

The next day I turn on my DS (and notice PW is already in there), and my continue spot is now at the end of Case 1!!

My wife has gained control of Phoenix Wright, so I'm gonna need a copy of Phoenix Wright 2 or we'll be clashing cases all month long...

I feel your pain Wombat, this week's XBLA release was just shameful, especially with all the good games on the horizon. I'm really looking forward to Symphony of the Night, Worms, Alien Hominid and Settlers of Catan, all just right around the corner, and there's still Castle Crashers down the line. We just have keep reminding ourselves of this when we get a game like Root Beer Tapper.

Oh and I finally beat the first Phoenix Wright, so I would sure enjoy winning Phoenix Wright 2.

I am the only person I know who hates Tombstone. The flick, not the pizza.

In other thread-cluttering news, I'm only writing this to try and win this Phoenix Wright game the kids are all talking about these days.

First time I've listened in... LOVE IT! I have to know though, can you REALLY get good German food in Tokyo??? ;)

Put me down for Phoenix Wright 2... pretty pretty please? :)

Great couple of shows. I have been doing a lot of catching up as of late (more on that below).

Please put me down for Phoenix Wright 2. And while I know a reason is not needed, here is why I should win.

I am a young attorney working, working, working, working and all I have been doing for the past several months is one huge document review. First it was actual paper documents, then paper and online, then online only, now back to paper documents...and well I am past the point of going crazy. Is this why I went to law school? Is this what being an attorney is all about? Did I seriously just spend 12 hours reviewing the same document just mailed to different people?

So yeah, I need to win Phoenix Wright 2 so I can see what real attorneys do and to give me something to look forward to in my chosen career path...b/c Phoenix Wright is pretty accurate right, right?!?!

But on the bright side, I have been able to listen to the 'Cast while turning pages, so at least it is not all bad...

Hi guys - I love the CAGcast.

Question: Could you talk a little about the PS3 memory card adapter on a future show.

I'm curious if the PS3 memory card adapter works 2-ways.

I know you can transfer files from your old 8MB PS2 cards to the PS3 virtual memory cards.

Can you transfer save files from the virtual cards to an actual PS2 8MB card using the adapter.

thanks

Brian

Frank Miller the writer of the original RoboCop 2 script felt a lot of hatred and bias against the film indutry when they told him his script would not gget used but then proceded to give it to other writers who mutilated it and choped it into their own vision. He went back to do Robocop 3 but hated his experience with that also. Now he is hugely successful and could prob have any of his writings come to film when 300 kills the box office. I own all the Frank Miller Robocop issues with various expensive variant covers. Cheapy you should look into these covers with Frank and Ryp doing some crazy shit. Ryp's details are fuckin nuts. Also Pheonix Wright 2 would be great to have if I could.

bread's done
Back