CAGcast #94: The One with Major Nelson

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Major Nelson entertains CheapyD's theory about why he can't be fired while Wombat tries to remove the taste of clown shoe from his mouth. We also read angry feedback from PS3 owners, reveal our end of year game shopping plans, discuss the latest gaming and shopping news, and so much more!
Enter our CAGcast Theme Song Contest! Win $100 CASH!
Become Wombat's Intern!

Note: Major Nelson interview starts around 15:40.

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast94.mp3[/media]
Download - 109 minutes, 50MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Get your "Free" CAG "Play Cheap" Bracelets
Not exactly free, will cost you 2 stamps

Send a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) to:

CAG
P.O. Box 354
Merrick, NY 11566

You'll need 2xEnvelopes and 2x$0.41 stamps

sase.jpg

Writen instructions, just in-case.
Step by step instructions:

1. You'll need two envelopes and two $0.41 first-class stamps.

2. On Envelope 1, in the middle of the envelope, write your
name and address (just like you are planning to mail yourself
a letter). Put our return address in the upper left corner.

3. Stick one stamp in the upper right
corner of Envelope 1. Do not seal Envelope 1!
If you live outside of the USA, do not affix postage on Envelope 1.

4. On Envelope 2, in the middle of the envelope, write our
address as follows:
CAG
P.O. Box 354
Merrick, NY 11566

Put your return address in the upper left corner.
5. Stick one stamp in the upper right corner of Envelope 2.

6. Fold Envelope 1 so that it can be inserted into Envelope 2.

7. Insert Envelope 1 into Envelope 2. Seal Envelope 2.

8. Mail Envelope 2 (which now contains Envelope 1) to us.

Show Linkage/Notes
(click the button below to expand):

CAGcast Video Companion coming soon!
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDA1EN00gAY[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I think you got your show numbers confused there.[/QUOTE]

Oh we did 94, but it was so awsome we felt it might be too good for mortals to handle.

I've given up listening to the cag cast the past several shows have sucked and so does this one

cag foreplay way better

Great show again guys, Keep up the good work!

Glad i got my name mentioned on the cagcast!

I just have to ask though, where's the outrage as far as the EA buying Bioware/Pandemic? You guys barely touched on that topic, and this is fairly bad news for alot of gamers and most likely the employees of those companies. Maybe you're under the impression that this was a good thing?

[quote name='Wombat']Oh we did 94, but it was so awsome we felt it might be too good for mortals to handle.[/quote]

u aint rite.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Sounded like there were some edits in the Major Nelson interview. What got left on the cutting room floor?[/quote]

Nope, no edits other than a little skype-esque clean-ups.

Cheapy, you dismiss getting Rock Band despite the fact that it's coming out for the PS3. And if I'm not mistaken, the PS3 is region free, isn't it? Meaning you could get the PS3 version of Rock Band if it stayed in that same line of thinking.

Wombat gets to play Even Flow By Pearl Jam on GH3 before I do??? I iz massively jealous. That's the only reason I am buying that game.

Another great show! Thanks guys.

Get Major on again soon.

P.S. I think you guys didn't give the Shivering Isles disc the Cheap Ass treatment. It retails @ $30 with Knights of the Nine on the disc, and you can probably pick it up a few bucks cheaper. Shivering Isles alone is $30 (2400 fun bucks) on Marketplace. Makes the disc sound like a good deal to me.

Pretty good show, but it seemed like a missed opportunity having Major Nelson on the show and then bringing up the DRM issue on Xbox live half an hour after the interview was *over*.

Come on guys, get it together.

And quit bitching about online play, Cheapy.

Great show! Keep the interviews coming!

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']First![/quote]
Why do you have to be that guy? :whistle2:s Seriously.

[quote name='KingBroly']Cheapy, you dismiss getting Rock Band despite the fact that it's coming out for the PS3. And if I'm not mistaken, the PS3 is region free, isn't it? Meaning you could get the PS3 version of Rock Band if it stayed in that same line of thinking.[/quote]
I think he did the same to NHL 08, so it seems strange that it's like the PS3's not an option.
Neither of you got Everyday Shooter? Calling it a Robotron-clone is just a weak (uninformed?) excuse to not buy it. If you try to play it like Super Stardust, you'll fail and fail hard. The Warhawk thing was cool at first, but this is super weak. Maybe Wombat needs a nickname, say "Play it safe" Wombat? ;)

The Bladestorm demo was good. I was surprised that I enjoyed it. You can directly attack along with directing your crew. The Conan demo wasn't bad, but nothing great.

Great show. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I found it strange that Cheapy kind of paraphrased, read most of half of the paragraph, my comment on the PS3/360 SKU issue instead of reading the whole thing. Not a big deal, just strange.

Thanks for doing your Transformers review so early. I only had to listen to a minute and a half of this cast before I knew it was garbage and turned it off. Most weeks it takes longer ...

Enjoyed the Cagcast and having the Major on it. Thanks for making another great episode!!!!

PS-> I think MS should just charge $$ to allow you to have more than 100 friends....but I'm sure I'm not the first to think of /say this....was this even mentioned on a previous cagcast?...maybe...

Wow. Just wow...

Sorry guys but the Major Nelson interview was highly disappointing. While the Vagina Clown pwnage was hysterical, the interview quickly spiraled out of control when Cheapy started asking pointless questions about behind the scenes drama at Microsoft. I hate to be blunt about it but that part sucked ass. The interview got better once Wombat was allowed to chime in with questions which, in all honesty, is what you should have done in the first place. Let's hope you guys are able to get another chance to interview him again.

More to come once I've finished listening.

Yeah, the Major Nelson interview was a bit flat. A Grimace interview would be really awesome though. As you can see by my user name, I'm a big fan of his antics.

I actually really enjoyed that Major Nelson interview- I thought you guys asked some interesting questions regarding what he officially does compared to his community representative status and it was a good interview overall.
Good show!

Hey guys, love the podcast. Yours was the first podcast I ever listened to and you guys got me hooked. I've been a dedicated listener for a few months now and have loved the site for much longer than that, but this is my first post on the forums. Keep up the good work!

I just wanted to comment on your remarks about the guy at Achieve360points.com. I've been in a similar situation trying to get my red ringed Xbox 360 repaired.
Here's my story, if you have a few minutes:
http://shafnitz.blogspot.com/2007/09/my-experience-with-microsofts-xbox.html
http://shafnitz.blogspot.com/2007/10/update-my-xbox-360-repair.html
http://shafnitz.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-xbox-360-repair-stats.html
Basically, their customer support is ridiculous. It took nearly a month before I was finally able to ship my console to get repaired. Anyway, I'm just trying to let people know that it's more of a problem than some think. I think the problem needs to get more attention.

I also wanted to mention that there is a work-around for the XBLA games if other people in your family want to play using their own profiles.
1. Sign in with the profile that purchased the game.
2. Turn on the 2nd player controller and sign in as the person that would like to play the game.
3. Using the 2nd player controller, go to the Games blade and fire up the game you want to play.
The game will load under the 2nd player's profile. This allows the 2nd player to play the full version just fine. It's obviously a bit of a hassle to sign in two profiles, but at least it's possible.
It seems that this problem could easily be remedied using token codes. Enter a code on one console to remove the link to your XBLA games. Then enter a code on your new console to link those games to it. In the case where you've received a refurbished console from Microsoft, Customer Support should be able to unlink those games and give you a code for your new console. Seems like a plausible solution to me.

Comment on the podcast..

people need to either quit complaining about Cheapy and Wombat's answers or just stop asking them for their opinion.. Opinions aren't wrong... They are entitled to them...

Awesome Cheapy I feel like it has been a while since a new Cagcast for some reason. Also if you thing their stories are bad mine 7th 360 just broke. The thing is a peice of garbage.

With such a deep voice Cheapy, you would think you have huge balls. But when it comes to asking the tough questions we find your head up Nelsons ass and your balls are no where to be found. Why bring the Major on if your not going to ask him why developers are jumping off the sinking ship? So unfortunate. :cry:

[quote name='JEDIan']With such a deep voice Cheapy, you would think you have huge balls. But when it comes to asking the tough questions we find your head up Nelsons ass and your balls are no where to be found. Why bring the Major on if your not going to ask him why developers are jumping off the sinking ship? So unfortunate. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Do you think they would be able to get 'high profile' interviews in the future if they make fun of a guest for the entire segment. Please, use your head.

Great show, and I couldn't agree more with the Transformers review. I was a fan growing up and didn't care for the movie, but for some reason I'm debating buying it on DVD.

It seems to me the only angry PS3 owners are the PS3 Only owners. I have all three systems and Cheapy's comments don't offend me, I think he calls it like it is; at this point the Microsoft product is better than the Sony product. If that offends you Sony Sycophants, go to Sony Defense Force, they'll tell you all the lies you want to hear.

It's just an opinion, after all...

Good interview with Major guys, but I think Cheapy needs to be a little more concise when asking questions. You tend to ramble on a bit too much - just spit it out and let your interviewee answer it however he or she likes. Just a tip.

Other than that, great show. I especially liked how Wombat was called out right away for his comments.

Major Nelson is full of shit. The point system is made stricktly to fuck people out of money. Don't tell me they can't develop a system to take actual monentary amounts. Every internet website from here to arkansas can accept speceffic cash ammounts.

The point system is ghey and it sucks. Thanks Wombat for bringing it up, but you shoulda grilled him!

CheapyD ! Stop crying over PS3 !!! You are going to see that it is going to be better than Xbox 360 ...

What a wasted opportunity that was. At least interview people who don't have a podcast, you know, so there's actually some point in doing it?

Even the MOG army guys actually had a decent interview recently, even those fuck wits can get something interesting happening! For shame Cheapy, for shame!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Neither of you got Everyday Shooter? Calling it a Robotron-clone is just a weak (uninformed?) excuse to not buy it. If you try to play it like Super Stardust, you'll fail and fail hard. The Warhawk thing was cool at first, but this is super weak. Maybe Wombat needs a nickname, say "Play it safe" Wombat? ;)

[/QUOTE]

A demo would probably have helped

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Was I the only one who caught Major Nelson calling Wombat 'Grimace'?[/quote]

I caught that and thought it was quite funny. I'm suprised they either didn't hear it, or glossed over it.

bread's done
Back