Cagcast listener since day 1 - My opinion...

Wombat is the comedic humor, that's his job. CheapyD introduces the content, provides his opionon, and Wombat states his opinion, or states some ridiculous, yet funny comment like Vagina Clown and adds some spice to the podcast, as if it was just two people talking about Video games it would be boring, I mean even the IGN podcast does this from time to time.

Wombat is hilarious, and keep up what your doing. And if you really don't like him, then stop listening.

Man, you guys are crazy. I've been listening to the CAGcast for the past thirty or so episodes and I think they have only gotten better and better. Wombat has some wildly different views at times and I like that. He makes you think, even if you don't agree. And the humor he and Cheapy create actually makes me laugh out loud. I like the more 'professional' podcasts from 1up but I think the CAGcast is my favorite of all. I agree with some other posters saying it sounds like a casual conversation between friends. A CAGcast without Wombat would be insane. I'd probably stop listening.

Some people seem to think I have a personal vendetta against Wombat, on the Contrary, I’ve already stated that I like him. He just comes off as a little obnoxious and irritating at times.

I can see how a lot of you like him that way, but at times I simply don’t think he does the Cagcast any favors. The latest being when he called Major Nelson a Vagina Clown instantly sealing shut any possible chance of getting an interview with the guy. I can even quote Cheapy’s reply” Stop it Wombat, your killing us….literally!”. Cheapy’s words, not mine. Although, after Cheapy getting him a PS3 for his 30th, it seems he wants him to stick around.

Ok, I’ll be honest, it was pretty funny at the time and maybe the Cagcast may not be the same without the Wombat. At the end of the day, I’ll still never miss an episode and enjoy listening like I have since day one. And if I want professionalism, there are always other Podcasts.

You obliviously have a large following doing what your doing and for that Wombat, you have my respect.

In all hoensty, if Major nelson was to come on the Cagcast what else would he say that he hasn;t said on his podcast? When he was the xbox360fanboy fancast I really did not hear him say anything different that he hasn't said onhis own podcast. Other than asking him more questiosn regarding the non M$ systems and gmaes he plays I would not find it interesting to hear him on the Cagast. Nelson's podcast by itself is already pretty dry if you ask me. For instance, who wants to hear from some delveloper who made that pinball FX game or that new age "Zombies ate my neighbours" game? I don't know but that is just my opinion because obviously he has a large following.

What else would he be asked? about the GH II song prices for which he has already explained on his podcast, on X3F fancast and joystiq? I just don;t think he would have antyhing new to add that we do not know already.

I agree 100% with the OP. When the cagcast first started I at first thought wombat was ok where he would make me laugh every couple of times. But as time went on I started to grow to hate wombat because of his annoying humor, annoying attitutde and just everything he said. If cheapy were to find another co-host he would have no complaints from me. Most of the time I look forward to a guest speaking more than wombat. Sometimes I even notice cheapy getting a little annoyed with wombat and his so called humor. To tell you the truth wombat sometimes sounds like a whiny, bitchy teenager.

After listening to the CAGcast this morning, I feel compelled to stand up for Wombat. He's just as integral as Cheapy to the podcast, and I think his rants are, for the most part, right on. He says things people are thinking but are too afraid to say.

I appreciate how he challenges journalists, analysts and developers. As fans, I think we all are pretty envious of those in positions throughout the industry, and I think there are instances where those professionals might take their positions for granted by being lazy, ill-informed, or just stupid. People like Wombat should, and do, take them to task instead of kiss their asses like others in the gaming press do.

I think Wombat is in a position where he has the freedom to say what he wants because he's independent, so more power to him to take advantage of the situation before things change. Hell, if that hack Luke Smith can make it in the industry, there's definitely a place for Wombat.

So fuck the haters, Wombat. You have a fan in me.

[quote name='trip1eX']Wombat is a great foil for Cheapie.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

The quality of this podcast never fails to impress me, and I hope to hear Wombat for a long time to come. His opinion, which I may not agree with all the time, is intelligent and informed. He offers the unique perspective of a marketing professional, and this is probably the root of the cynicism that has gained him so much notoriety. I believe that gaming "journalism" needs more of this perspective.

Don't let the denizens of the internet get you down, Wombat; don't let them take away your eye of the tiger.

[quote name='jrutz']After listening to the CAGcast this morning, I feel compelled to stand up for Wombat. He's just as integral as Cheapy to the podcast, and I think his rants are, for the most part, right on. He says things people are thinking but are too afraid to say.

I appreciate how he challenges journalists, analysts and developers. As fans, I think we all are pretty envious of those in positions throughout the industry, and I think there are instances where those professionals might take their positions for granted by being lazy, ill-informed, or just stupid. People like Wombat should, and do, take them to task instead of kiss their asses like others in the gaming press do.

I think Wombat is in a position where he has the freedom to say what he wants because he's independent, so more power to him to take advantage of the situation before things change. Hell, if that hack Luke Smith can make it in the industry, there's definitely a place for Wombat.

So fuck the haters, Wombat. You have a fan in me.[/quote]

Well said! I feel the need as well to say something nice about Wombat when all of you haters are being so damn rude. Wombat doesn't get paid for doing this but he does the job like he does. I think he's very funny and brings a nice perspective and opintions to the Cagcast. He is the Ying to Cheapy's Yang! The show wouldn't be the same without either of them. Keep up the great work guys!

I find it fascinating that the OP repeatededly cites Cheapy's vastly superior "professionalism" as justification for Wombat's removal from the CAGcast. So would this be the professionalism that led Cheapy to belch loudly in each of the first 65 or so iterations of the CAGcast? Or perhaps it was evident when he discussed, at length, the moral complexities of eating feces for money? No? Maybe it was his professionalism that led him to lapse into blackface a few weeks ago? I know I find it very professional when he prefaces every other DS discussion with a note about his latest dump.

Give me a fucking break.

The fact is, Cheapy and Wombat are each capable of having less-than-professional moments. For Cheapy, that generally involves a fascination with bodily functions. For Wombat, it is a tendency to fly off the handle and take sometimes indefensible positions. In each case, one host takes it upon himself to balance out the other and we manage to stay on track. Why do you have such a problem with that?

Despite your protests that you don't have anything personal against Wombat, you sound like a sad, bitter little person. I hope no one takes out a baseless vendetta thread against you.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'm telling you. JimmieMac and CheapyD as a CAGcast Tag Team would rule all.[/quote]
That would be hilarious :lol:

[quote name='Tybee']
Despite your protests that you don't have anything personal against Wombat, you sound like a sad, bitter little person. I hope no one takes out a baseless vendetta thread against you.[/quote]

What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Did you read the other posts in this thread? I'm not the only one with this opinion or are you calling all of us sad, bitter little people?

I have to agree with the OP. I used to listen to all the CAG casts but I barely listen to any now. It feels like it has turned into Wombat Whinefest, where he just complains and bitches about something. I am fine with someone sharing their minds just do it professionally, not like a child. It feels like each week Cheapys' main job is Wombat wrangler, whether he has to keep him on topic, or move the show along, because it just lags.

Also enough with random noises. I enjoy the burp noises like the next guy, but the constant random noises that come out of Wombat's mouth is just annoying. Maybe its just me but it seems distracting and detrimental to the flow of the show.

Wombat,
Do your thing brother...some of the people might have some points... just take them in stride and work on it.. nobody is perfect...

Wow, this is redicoulous, the original poster has no right to make this type of post, this goes beyond a general disagreement but your trying to act like you have the damn right and privelege to call Wombat out on something he is doing for free, its pretty damn easy to come on the boards and complain but you have no right to do that, if you want a searious pod cast for games listen to something else, the shows laid back premise is what people such as myself with a life enjoy, the only peope who are disapointed in it will be the ebashers who come in here and act like they have the notoriety to attack someone on a personal level, if you dont like the damn show then dont listen to it, but dont come in here and try to get Wombat pulled from the show from something he is just doing as a damn hobby.

i have been listening to the cagcast for a fairly long time and still enjoy each episode. I enjoy listening to both of them talk about there opinions on games and the industry. The one thing that I would like to see in the cagcast is a little more prep work...I know wombat has a fulltime job, but so dont a lot of other gaming podcasts, and they seem to have a much smoother show on a regular basis. Both of you keep up the good work.:applause: :applause:

I support Wombat. He's the color man. Both are both unprofessional, reason is because they are not professionals. People take the Podcast too seriously. These are just two guys talking through Skype. They try their best to make the show entertaining and Wombat is just fine. They complment each other well.

So Wombat, keep on going and don't take it to heart. Your doing just fine, a lot better than 99% of the people on here would.

[quote name='figcoinc']I support Wombat. He's the color man. Both are both unprofessional, reason is because they are not professionals. People take the Podcast too seriously. These are just two guys talking through Skype. They try their best to make the show entertaining and Wombat is just fine. They complment each other well.

So Wombat, keep on going and don't take it to heart. Your doing just fine, a lot better than 99% of the people on here would.[/quote]
I agree. These guys are not editors for friggin Gamespot or EGM. Which is what I like about them. They sound liek the average gamer and I quote frankly would rather hear user opinions than some dude who is a professional cause I find them usually boring and their humour too dry. Keep doing your thing Wombat and don't let others bother you. You have (as far as you guys said in Cagcast 73) about 5000 subscribers to your Cagcast and only a few here complaining about it and the other 49xx that do not have an issue. If they did they would not subscribe to it.

I like the format and I like the Cagcast just the way it is. .... and for god's sake I have heard far worse. Could be like other podcast that involves certian fanboys of a certain Microsoft system that friggin bleep the swearing cause they want to be "professional" yet they say "For the Win" 85 times per cast using crappy audio recording equipment and that is more annoying than anything!

[quote name='Hex Blade']What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Did you read the other posts in this thread? I'm not the only one with this opinion or are you calling all of us sad, bitter little people?[/quote]
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. You just have to be aware that when you go out of your way to attack someone with little direct provocation, you may find yourself attacked on the same grounds (or lack thereof).

Also, to all of you who are arguing both sides of professionalism: What does a "professional" video game podcast sound like? Because I've listened to IGN's, GameSpot's, 4CR's, 1UP's, and a few others, and frankly, they make the CAGcast sound like "My Dinner with Andre."

I have listened from day one as well, but i disagree. If wombat wasnt on the show, i would not listen. He is the reason i listen to the show. I like his bold comments because hey, he is a normal guy. He has other things going on in his life besides a video game podcast. I like hearing how he feels about a game because he gives his opinion out straight. He gives his opinion from someone who likes games. He does not have time to fully give every single game that comes out a blown out test run. He plays what he can. Is it so bitter for him to become more stingy when it comes to video games? Cheapy can offer plenty of his views, he plays a lot. Wombat offers his view as a normal human being. I am not sayin Cheapy does not work hard or anything, I am just saying some of you need to give Wombat a break.

Vagina Clown, ya, it was childish, but hey, he had his fun and it is that kind of fun that tends to lighten up the cagcast a bit. It is as if you all expect Cheapy and Wombat to sit in a dark room all day playing games to tell you about them. They have lives too. Wombat offers the humor and criticism from a normal guy who does not spend all his time researching games, this is what makes him so great. He is just an honest guy who speaks his mind.

Like someone said earlier, the best part about cagcast is that its just a nice casual talk. It is a good thing to listen to just to sit back and relax. If you want to know everything about everything, go listen to a different podcast or research on your own time. These two guys just try to offer what they can as grown ass men. I cannot believe people would actually rather listen to 2 hrs of Cheapy's voice straight. If that happened, that means i would probably have to listen to his belches again, which made me cringe everytime i heard it through my loud speakers.

Wombat and Cheapy, you guys are great together, it shows in the cagcast animation video that showed you guys together as a pair called cagcast mountain lol. That animation skit was priceless. But keep going, i like what you guys are doing. And keep your witty comments strong Wombat. Say it like you mean it, not what other people want you to mean.

[quote name='chakan']Who would Cheapy fool into watching meatspin if wombat weren't around?

I don't want a "professional" show. Shit, its not like they're getting paid for this. The interviews have been a great addition, but what I come back for every week is two regular (and different from each other)guys joke around about my favorite hobby.[/quote]

Exactly. If you wanted something that was all professional, you would listen to Major Nelson or whatever floats your boat. I think they do a damn fine job entertaining and providing information without bein paid for it.

I do not always have time to check up on games, so listening to the cagcast keeps me up on some things that i have missed at times in the news. The reason that makes it so good is that it is just a couple of guys sitting back. That is the way video games should be.

See, this is exactly what I was talking about in that other thread. Some of you guys take video games too seriously, whining about Wombat being "unprofessional" in a video game podcast is just absurd. Have you even heard a podcast that tries being professional? It's like sitting through a college lecture, why would you even want to go through that for a hobby that's supposed to be FUN?

another thing I would like is for the show to go at most an hour an half, prefer it to be closer to an hour...I listen to a ton of podcasts, and a couple of them, including cag sometimes come close to an hour fourty five min...

[quote name='MarvinTacoma']See, this is exactly what I was talking about in that other thread. Some of you guys take video games too seriously, whining about Wombat being "unprofessional" in a video game podcast is just absurd. Have you even heard a podcast that tries being professional? It's like sitting through a college lecture, why would you even want to go through that for a hobby that's supposed to be FUN?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I listened to one of Major McNelson's podcast and I almost fell asleep.

I've already said in this weeks Cagcast thread that i feel guity about even starting this thread because Wombat's took it to heart. I wanted to voice my opinions but i did'nt set out to hurt the guys feels in the process....Can we just let this thread die and move on?

[quote name='figcoinc']I support Wombat. He's the color man. Both are both unprofessional, reason is because they are not professionals. People take the Podcast too seriously. These are just two guys talking through Skype. They try their best to make the show entertaining and Wombat is just fine. They complment each other well.

So Wombat, keep on going and don't take it to heart. Your doing just fine, a lot better than 99% of the people on here would.[/QUOTE]

That 1% being JimmieMac. Then Wombat would be ousted.

What the fuck is this coup with people trying to get Wombat replaced by JimmieMac? It's been mentioned a few times in this thread already. Face it - JimmieMac was on the early podcasts, they sucked. Wombat and Cheapy have made the CAGCast the #3 gaming podcast on Digg.

Jimmie had his chance. Wanna lose listeners? Then go ahead and swap Wombat and JimmieMac.

[quote name='jrutz']What the fuck is this coup with people trying to get Wombat replaced by JimmieMac? It's been mentioned a few times in this thread already. Face it - JimmieMac was on the early podcasts, they sucked. Wombat and Cheapy have made the CAGCast the #3 gaming podcast on Digg.

Jimmie had his chance. Wanna lose listeners? Then go ahead and swap Wombat and JimmieMac.[/QUOTE]

JimmieMac would be 100% better then Wombat. The majority of CAG are nerds and hate JimmieMac for the person he is. The Nerds have been picked on by a JimmieMac like chararter their whole lives either from School or even work. That's the big reason why CAG is against JimmieMac.

[quote name='pimpinc333']JimmieMac would be 100% better then Wombat. The majority of CAG are nerds and hate JimmieMac for the person he is. The Nerds have been picked on by a JimmieMac like chararter their whole lives either from School or even work. That's the big reason why CAG is against JimmieMac.[/quote]
I think jimmiemac is hilarious. He'd definitly get my vote for replacing wombat. His guest appearances were hilarious. Between jimmie and cheapy I see great results.

[quote name='Mex25']I think jimmiemac is hilarious. He'd definitly get my vote for replacing wombat. His guest appearances were hilarious. Between jimmie and cheapy I see great results.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. But as my reason I stated, I doubt we will ever see this.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Agreed. But as my reason I stated, I doubt we will ever see this.[/quote]
True but one can only hope I guess.

[quote name='jrutz']What the fuck is this coup with people trying to get Wombat replaced by JimmieMac? It's been mentioned a few times in this thread already. Face it - JimmieMac was on the early podcasts, they sucked. Wombat and Cheapy have made the CAGCast the #3 gaming podcast on Digg.

Jimmie had his chance. Wanna lose listeners? Then go ahead and swap Wombat and JimmieMac.[/quote]
QFT. All of you who complain that Wombat is bitter and unprofessional and then posit JimmieMac as a replacement are hypocrites. I've sure JM is a perfectly nice guy, but the in the few podcasts he's appeared in, he's proven himself a surly and obnoxious, and seems more interested in making snide and flippant remarks than actually discussing topics intelligently. I, for one, would stop listening the day he took over, and I've been listening from show 1.

[quote name='pimpinc333']JimmieMac would be 100% better then Wombat. The majority of CAG are nerds and hate JimmieMac for the person he is. The Nerds have been picked on by a JimmieMac like chararter their whole lives either from School or even work. That's the big reason why CAG is against JimmieMac.[/quote]
Hey fuckface, shut your piehole!

There, now am I a big enough bully to be your candidate to replace Wombat? I could come to your house and smack you around a little bit if it would make you feel better.

:roll:

[quote name='Tybee']QFT. All of you who complain that Wombat is bitter and unprofessional and then posit JimmieMac as a replacement are hypocrites. I've sure JM is a perfectly nice guy, but the in the few podcasts he's appeared in, he's proven himself a surly and obnoxious, and seems more interested in making snide and flippant remarks than actually discussing topics intelligently. I, for one, would stop listening the day he took over, and I've been listening from show 1.

There, now am I a big enough bully to be your candidate to replace Wombat?

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yea, your an idiot. He's doesn't say corny shit like that. You Lose.

[quote name='Tybee']QFT. All of you who complain that Wombat is bitter and unprofessional and then posit JimmieMac as a replacement are hypocrites. I've sure JM is a perfectly nice guy, but the in the few podcasts he's appeared in, he's proven himself a surly and obnoxious, and seems more interested in making snide and flippant remarks than actually discussing topics intelligently. I, for one, would stop listening the day he took over, and I've been listening from show 1.

There, now am I a big enough bully to be your candidate to replace Wombat? I could come to your house and smack you around a little bit if it would make you feel more comfortable with your choice.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Nice edit. Guarentee you hate people like JimmieMac because you've been a picked on your whole entire life by people just like him.

Wombat on the other hand is one of you guys. That's why you guys like him so much.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea, your an idiot. He's doesn't say corny shit like that. You Lose.[/quote]

Yeah. I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight, champ.

I can't disagree more. I can relate to Wombat, and think he brings a lot to the show. The show has always been unprofessional, whether it's about Thai whores, vagina clowns, or Knight Rider replicas.

It's ok to have a life outside of video games. There are already people out there who are paid to play and talk about it for a living. Wombat brings an everyman feel to the show.

I've been a listener for quite awhile and its a great change to hear two guys like CheapyD & Wombat doing a show that's more like hanging out with friends or down at the small vintage games store we have.

The whole show is not 100% Professional, not the rigid, mundane, review / opinion video game based garbage that's fed to its listeners. Instead the whole show is more entertaining with information that we are wanting to know..

Bottom Line.. Keep it Up fellas.. Wombat don't go anywhere..

[quote name='pimpinc333']Nice edit. Guarentee you hate people like JimmieMac because you've been a picked on your whole entire life by people just like him.

Wombat on the other hand is one of you guys. That's why you guys like him so much.[/quote]

and are you supposed to be the big jock type who picked on wombats your whole life? please. this isnt high school. ppl have different opinions on what they like and all. liking a host over another does not make you more of a nerd or more nacho over another.

[quote name='pimpinc333']JimmieMac would be 100% better then Wombat. The majority of CAG are nerds and hate JimmieMac for the person he is. The Nerds have been picked on by a JimmieMac like chararter their whole lives either from School or even work. That's the big reason why CAG is against JimmieMac.[/QUOTE]

Who gets picked on at work? And when did this turn into a "my dad can beat up your dad" thread?

[quote name='Tybee']You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. You just have to be aware that when you go out of your way to attack someone with little direct provocation, you may find yourself attacked on the same grounds (or lack thereof).
[/quote]

I didn’t go out of my way to attack Wombat. That simply isn’t my nature. I was mealy voicing constructed criticism. I guess I was a little unfair to Wombat when I said he should be dropped or replaced. Just being less annoying sometimes would be enough for me.

Since listening to the latest Cagcast, I can’t help feeling a little guilty for starting this thread now as i didn’t think Wombat would take it to heart as much as he did. And I certainly didn’t expect Cheapy to read out my post. That must have been pretty embarrassing for him.

Like i said a few pages back, Wombat obliviously has a large following doing what he is doing and for that he has my respect.

Oh, and if i had to choose from Wombat and Jimmiemac.....put it this way, If it was called the CheapyD and Jimmiemac Cagcast, i would of stopped listening a long time ago.

Havent read a single bit of this thread .. I'm just dropping in to say that although my opinion may be less valid then others (since I've only listened to about 4 or 5 cagcasts so far) I love Wombat on the cagcast. He's the Artie Lange to Cheapy's Howard Stern. Cheapy moves the show along and can be funny himself but Wombat is the comic relief and I think you'd notice a major difference if he wasnt there.

[quote name='Maklershed']Havent read a single bit of this thread .. I'm just dropping in to say that although my opinion may be less valid then others (since I've only listened to about 4 or 5 cagcasts so far) I love Wombat on the cagcast. He's the Artie Lange to Cheapy's Howard Stern. Cheapy moves the show along and can be funny himself but Wombat is the comic relief and I think you'd notice a major difference if he wasnt there.[/QUOTE]

It's the internet. Everyone's opinion is valid apparently. For example, the OP should be eaten by hungry mandingos for hating on Wombat.

[quote name='furyk']It's the internet. Everyone's opinion is valid apparently. For example, the OP should be eaten by hungry mandingos for hating on Wombat.[/quote]

For the love of all thats holy!!! How many more times do i need to say it...i dont hate Wombat. He's just a little annoying at times.

I'll forever be "The Wombat Hater" in this forum now.....i'll be getting death threats on my Xboxlive account next!

I wish i'd never started this damn thread....

I am a fan of Wombat. I think he adds a great contrast to Cheapy. The two of them seem to work well with eachother. Besides, it's not like Cheapy has never been unprofessional. Remember the weeks he talked about Wombat and his masturbatory habits? (which was hilarious, by the way)

Personally I think the CAGcast is the best gaming podcast out there, and if Wombat wasn't a part of it, I don't think the show would be nearly as good. CAGcast is definitely the best fake radio show I've had the pleasure of listening to.

bread's done
Back