CAGcast #'s 1-4

You guys are doing a great job. I have to say that this is the one podcast I listen to every week. It's short, it's informative, and it's intersting. kudos.

One thing: not to sound like a fanboy here, but the Gamecube launch wasn't too shabby - Smash Brothers & SW: Rogue Squadron II were pretty awesome games; games that even today are still the best in the cube's lineup (wait a minute... that doesn't sound too good). Super Monkey Ball was a sleeper hit, and SSX Tricky wasn't too bad (although it was a crappy port of the PS2 game).

I was just wondering why your analysis stopped w/ xbox and ps2. The gamecube could almost help prove your point that the quality of the launch titles really doesn't mean much for the console's lifespan.

Come to think of it, the same could be said through comparision of the DS and PSP. Bad launch lineup, leader in sales (as of now), and vice versa. Interesting indeed.

[quote name='Gator']I was just wondering why your analysis stopped w/ xbox and ps2. The gamecube could almost help prove your point that the quality of the launch titles really doesn't mean much for the console's lifespan. [/QUOTE]Definitely a good point. I chalk it up to lack of planning (and time). Wombat and I don't really discuss the show much beforehand. A little chat and a few print outs and we are recording. We have a very brief outline of things we want to talk about and thats basically it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Definitely a good point. I chalk it up to lack of planning. Wombat and I don't really discuss the show much beforehand. A little chat and a few print outs and we are recording. We have a very brief outline of things we want to talk about and thats basically it.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty much the only reason, I did look for a good list for gamecube lauch titles, but I came up shorthanded.

[quote name='Wombat5277']Thanks for the feedback, and I agree about the comparison comment, I should have been specific, the look of the games always seemed simliar to me, the colors and player models, but thats about it, personally I think I just like to hear myself talk, ;)

For the rest of you out there, great comments so far, I dont know why I like it when so much when people disagree with us. I take it mean that some of you actually care about, not just the show, but games as a serious medium. And thats what its all about really, oh and fart jokes, gotta have fart jokes[/QUOTE]

Yeah intelligent cube (http://www.psxa2z.com/gpgs/BT0461.html) is nothing like fuzion frenzy but when i heard you mention a game where you're "in a cube and you run around" this is what i thought of -- http://www.psxa2z.com/gpgs/BT0119.html the terrible ps1 game "blast chamber" in which you are in fact in a cube and you run around. It's one of the first ps1 games i remember playing and god was it awful.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Yeah intelligent cube (http://www.psxa2z.com/gpgs/BT0461.html) is nothing like fuzion frenzy but when i heard you mention a game where you're "in a cube and you run around" this is what i thought of -- http://www.psxa2z.com/gpgs/BT0119.html the terrible ps1 game "blast chamber" in which you are in fact in a cube and you run around. It's one of the first ps1 games i remember playing and god was it awful.[/QUOTE]

OMG thats the game I was thinking of, thats awesome, thanks
I'm tempted to pick it up now.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=933986

"Although you do spend more money on head wax" - I almost fell off my chair. How do you guys come up with this stuff? I'm looking forward to this like every week now.

[quote name='rallen']I new idea. At the end of every show play a snippet or two from a game. Cag'ers will have to guess the game...Winners get announced on the next show. Who doesn't want to get mentioned on CAGcast?[/QUOTE]2nd'd. Something like this would be just icing on the cake. Not sure how much effort it would take though.

Thanks again fellas.

Another great show, although I'm disappointed about the absence of spontaneous/weird sound clips this time around. I'll also miss not having a CAGcast next week. :(

I noticed some of my criticisms were taken...not as much of those sound bites...more talk...that 3rd guy sometimes sounded like a subwoofer though....still po'd about the lack of disclosure of the Best Buy Memo...Will THAT EVER surface?.......Also how come no mention of the $2000.00 gamestop xbox bundle...clearly the best of them all... ;-)

[quote name='cruzincontrol']still po'd about the lack of disclosure of the Best Buy Memo...Will THAT EVER surface?[/QUOTE]

I'm betting Mrs. Cheapy D, a lawyer AND a wife, advised him not to let it loose.

Probably something about risking a lawsuit and/or prison.

great show. 4th one is the best.

and i agree with launch games not mattering much.

the ps2 games were horrible
and was anyone else pissed when they first put in their first ps2 game first day of launch and saw LOOOOOOOOOAAAAAADDDDDDIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG.

my first game that day was madden and i was pissed.

without a HDD games will still have to be loaded up which means load times.

now i thought ps2 was going to be so much faster then ps1 and fast load time is what i was hoping for. and obviously we all learned that dvds hold more data = more load times.

this is even going to be more of a problem imo with ps3 and xbox360 with their software able to hold even more data = expect about the same load tims as we have now for games that require loading.

Unless somehow everygame can be loaded in the memory and never needs to access thegame dvd kind of like that first ridge racer for ps1.

good shows and thx for giving us the option to dload them because im screwed and have to dload and listen to them at a different location.

im not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but i have a recommendation for future shows...what if you guys had a segment where you talked about the new releases for the following week? and gave your opinion on what'll be good, what'll suck, what'll sell, what'll drop in price quickly,etc...

otherwise, keep up the good work :D

the first mirror on the Mach Rider..tried slipping me a Trojan boooo , BTw great show :applause: the next one needs to be an hour long ;)

[quote name='Ivanhoe']great show. 4th one is the best.

and i agree with launch games not mattering much.

the ps2 games were horrible
and was anyone else pissed when they first put in their first ps2 game first day of launch and saw LOOOOOOOOOAAAAAADDDDDDIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG.

my first game that day was madden and i was pissed.

without a HDD games will still have to be loaded up which means load times.

now i thought ps2 was going to be so much faster then ps1 and fast load time is what i was hoping for. and obviously we all learned that dvds hold more data = more load times.

this is even going to be more of a problem imo with ps3 and xbox360 with their software able to hold even more data = expect about the same load tims as we have now for games that require loading.

Unless somehow everygame can be loaded in the memory and never needs to access thegame dvd kind of like that first ridge racer for ps1.

good shows and thx for giving us the option to dload them because im screwed and have to dload and listen to them at a different location.[/QUOTE]

Well that was a terrible post.

wow that was really weird. right as wombat was saying something about evanft at the end, I clicked a topic posted by him. It was like synchronized.

anyways, good show. keep em' comming!

Good show guys...i agree with sucessful dropout...how about reviews on upcoming games and upcoming price drops (?if that's possible). That would run the show to close to 45 min to an hour. But at this point, it's getting better and better with each show.
Love the back and forth w/cheapy d and "the other guy"...u guys got something pretty good for us to hear every week. except this one. :(

[quote name='Technique']wow that was really weird. right as wombat was saying something about evanft at the end, I clicked a topic posted by him. It was like synchronized.

anyways, good show. keep em' comming![/QUOTE]

I'm so awesome, aren't I?

Am I the only one who's noticed that CheapyD's head looks kinda like a penis? And am I the only one who finds that arousing? Guess we know what the D stands for, huh?

[quote name='radjago']I'd like to hear you address the CAGs vs CAGers issue.[/QUOTE]

There is no "issue" , it's CAGs. That's it.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']it must be just me, but im always a little weirded out by hearing cheapy say "CAG" like a word...i've always spelled it out[/QUOTE]

It's not just you.

[quote name='Friedle']It's not just you.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's an acronym, which are usually spelled out. It's just weird to hear at as cag instead of CAG.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, it's an acronym, which are usually spelled out. It's just weird to hear at as cag instead of CAG.[/QUOTE]Usually, the only acronyms which are "spelled out" are the ones that can't be voacalized.

SWAT
GMAT
LAN
SCUBA

etc...

[quote name='CheapyD']Usually, the only acronyms which are "spelled out" are the ones that can't be voacalized.

SWAT
GMAT
LAN
SCUBA

etc...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, see...the kid on ess double-u ay tee took his gee em ay tee over the ell ay en before his ess see you bee ay lesson.

[quote name='CheapyD']Usually, the only acronyms which are "spelled out" are the ones that can't be voacalized.

SWAT
GMAT
LAN
SCUBA

etc...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know that. CAG sounds too much like KEG, which makes us sound like a bunch of drunks wanting to save money on our games to get more booze. I bet there's plenty here that use their savings on booze, but not 30k, or there's a problem with that. :lol:

CheapyD CAG Cast#4 the best really enjoyed the 15 minutes. My new ipod really likes it. Good to talk about the 360. I wonder if Cag Cast #5 will be like freakin 1 HOUR!!!!!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']it must be just me, but im always a little weirded out by hearing cheapy say "CAG" like a word...i've always spelled it out[/QUOTE]

When I read "CAG", I read it as "Cheap Ass Gamer".

If you have it on your computer with the windows media player put it on double speed (a button at the end of the green bar). It is funny.

SWAT
GMAT
LAN
SCUBA

etc...[/QUOTE]
or the ever-popular LASER.

I didn't really think it was an issue as much as it just annoyed me to see people use CAGers. I thought Cheapy might help lay down the law and put it to rest.

I like the word CAG...it makes me think of Cogs from the Jetson's. I guess I'm old... I will shut up and go back to the retirement home now. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']Next CAGcast will likely be from Tokyo.
I leave tomorrow to apartment hunt and attend Tokyo Game Show.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering where CAGcast #5 was.... but I guess this answers my question now... Have fun in Tokyo... lucky :cool:

bread's done
Back