Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

[quote name='METH']sighlintbob and i will be playing our game tonight (7pm EST).[/QUOTE]
did you guys get your game in? if you did, it didn't register, so if you could tell me who won, that would be good.

i'll advance the schedule tomorrow morning when i get bored at work.

[quote name='thatstoobad']did you guys get your game in? if you did, it didn't register, so if you could tell me who won, that would be good.

i'll advance the schedule tomorrow morning when i get bored at work.[/QUOTE]

We couldn't get our game in.
I PMed sighlintbob last night to tell him he could get the win, but he didn't get back to me. We had a conflict of schedules last week. To be fair, i think we should flip a coin to decide the winner. Until sighlintbob replies to this...

it's your call man.

[quote name='METH']We couldn't get our game in.
I PMed sighlintbob last night to tell him he could get the win, but he didn't get back to me. We had a conflict of schedules last week. To be fair, i think we should flip a coin to decide the winner. Until sighlintbob replies to this...

it's your call man.[/QUOTE]

i agree with Meth. it's not really fair to give me the win out right as we both had scheduling conflicts.

[quote name='sighlintbob']i agree with Meth. it's not really fair to give me the win out right as we both had scheduling conflicts.[/QUOTE]

thanks bob ;)

ok. i did the coin flip for the montreal/tampa bay game, and let me tell you guys, it was exciting. it kept going back and forth, and i believe that in this struggle either team really had a good chance of coming out on top. when the smoke cleared and all was said and done, montreal had pulled out the big victory.

the game of the week this week is between the detroit red wings and the nashville predators. the two central division rivals met earlier this year, where nashville crushed detroit in an 8-2 game, and was the beginning of a four game losing streak for detroit. however, as we go into this game, detroit has scored 24 goals in its last 3 games, and have only allowed 2 in as many. red wings captain steve yzerman has had back to back 4 goal games, and looks to continue that streak against the predators. nashville has been strong all year, and have 14 goals in its past 2 games, and are coming off of a shut out last week. in addition, both teams are tied for third place in the standings with 13-5 records.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 03/29/06

schedule: week nineteen

San Jose Sharks @ Montreal Canadiens
Los Angeles Kings @ Colorado Avalanche
Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators
Atlanta Thrashers @ Chicago Blackhawks
St. Louis Blues @ Pittsburgh Penguins
New Jersey Devils @ Dallas Stars
Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Philadelphia Flyers
-------------------------------------
Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok. i did the coin flip for the montreal/tampa bay game, and let me tell you guys, it was exciting. it kept going back and forth, and i believe that in this struggle either team really had a good chance of coming out on top. when the smoke cleared and all was said and done, montreal had pulled out the big victory.[/quote]

Man, I wish I could have seen that.

Oh, and flybrione, I sent you a pm about setting up a time to play.

well, detroit may have lost to nashville in a shoutout tonight in the NHL, but in the CAGHL, detroit skated to an 8-5 victory over the preds. the game started and each team scored a quick goal, and it stayed a 1-1 game until halfway through the second period, when the game crashed. we then restarted, and it was again a close game, until three quick goals by detroit put nashville at a 4-1 deficit, and they were never able to recover. they tried their darndest, scoring another four goals, but detroit was able to match each one, keeping their three goal lead all the way to the end of the game.

BigDirty was at GDC this week, i don't know what's going to happen with our game. I will contact him today and update this post later.

Damn, no posts in here since Friday, well just posting to mention that I sent AJH a PM about when I can play but never heard anything back (status of the sent mail was read). Hope everyone else is having luck with thier games.

I just finished my game with Radjago. I was up 9-2, with Patrik Elias outdoing the legendary Steve Yzerman with 6 goals, when the connection was lost. There was under 30 seconds left in the third though, so it's not a big deal.

It was a bizarre game...there were 2 occasions where his goalie went to the bench on a delayed penalty, but I got the puck and scored somehow. Weird.

Good game nonetheless radjago...you had some good chances early, but things went downhill from there.

I've trying to get a hold of Repetske to play tonight but he has not responded to my latest PMs. Hopefully we will get the game in tonight.

If we do not get the game in you can give him the win because my season is long over.

Played Meth last night, I was the winner in a Shootout, 7-6; unfortunately the 2K back end doesn't like me, since my game didn't register, AGAIN! Grrr....

[quote name='BigDirty']Played Meth last night, I was the winner in a Shootout, 7-6; unfortunately the 2K back end doesn't like me, since my game didn't register, AGAIN! Grrr....[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not again!

Great game by the way!

AJH sent me a PM back finally on Monday night but it was during a time I couldnt play. I PM'd him back asking when else we could play and havent gotten a reply yet (status of the PM is read).

[quote name='flybrione']I've trying to get a hold of Repetske to play tonight but he has not responded to my latest PMs. Hopefully we will get the game in tonight.

If we do not get the game in you can give him the win because my season is long over.[/quote]

I can play later tonight, maybe after 10, but I'm probably stuck at work until then. Sorry, I didn't respond quickly to the last pm.

Oh and thatstoobad, can we have until midnight tonight to get games in? I, for some reason, was thinking the play by date was the last day to get games in.

[quote name='repetske']I can play later tonight, maybe after 10, but I'm probably stuck at work until then. Sorry, I didn't respond quickly to the last pm.

Oh and thatstoobad, can we have until midnight tonight to get games in? I, for some reason, was thinking the play by date was the last day to get games in.[/QUOTE]

We have scheduled to get the game in tonight if you have not yet advanced the schedule.

oh well, i waited for 20 minutes and even tried to contact via IM, but my opponent still has not shown. do what needs to be done to decide the winner.

[quote name='sighlintbob']oh well, i waited for 20 minutes and even tried to contact via IM, but my opponent still has not shown. do what needs to be done to decide the winner.[/quote]

Tell him, Steve-Dave!

Played flybrione tonight. It was a good game. Nice to play someone with a headset. Game didn't register though. Score was Atlanta 7 Chicago 0.

Well, after another week of not playing a game (I've only had about 6 or 7 of these this year) I'm glad I get to face Detroit next week. I'm facing a top dog of the league but at least I get to play a freakin game. I hate these weeks of nothing. BTW, what was up with most of the other games this week. I saw only two games got played.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Well, after another week of not playing a game (I've only had about 6 or 7 of these this year) I'm glad I get to face Detroit next week. I'm facing a top dog of the league but at least I get to play a freakin game. I hate these weeks of nothing. BTW, what was up with most of the other games this week. I saw only two games got played.[/quote]

Off weeks suck. Good luck against thatstoobad. He's on quite a tear right now. I guess he's starting to figure out how to win on a consistent basis. Either that, or he just stopped scheduling to play against me and Jordan. ;)

[quote name='repetske']Off weeks suck. Good luck against thatstoobad. He's on quite a tear right now. I guess he's starting to figure out how to win on a consistent basis. Either that, or he just stopped scheduling to play against me and Jordan. ;)[/QUOTE]
actually, i finally found the option in the league settings that makes it so one of every six shots i take goes in. it's really helped my performance in the league.

i'm about to update the schedule now.

in this, the 20th week of play in the CAGHL, the game of the week is between the pittsburgh penguins and the new jersey devils. pittsburgh has shown that they are a force to be reckoned with when they can make their games, and new jersey has obviously been proven to be a powerhouse, so expect an exciting finish to this one.

in addition, we will see the st. louis blues skate onto the ice against the most electrifying team to ever hit the ice of nhl 2k6, the detroit red wings of the CAGHL. the wings showed the world where true march madness is, with their impressive 4-0 record during the month, and their 32 goals for and only 7 goals against over the course of the four games. can the wings continue this streak into april? the blues don't seem to think so, as they intend to knock the runaway red wings train off the tracks to the CAGHL cup and into the cold, cold waters of lake st. clair as they travel to joe louis arena this week.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:

PLAY BY DATE: 04/07/06

schedule: week twenty

Montreal Canadiens @ Atlanta Thrashers
Pittsburgh Penguins @ New Jersey Devils
Los Angeles Kings @ Colorado Avalanche
Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers
Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks
Tampa Bay Lightning @ San Jose Sharks
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Nashville Predators
St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings
---------------------------------------------
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres
Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers

dafoomie - boston bruins
radjago - dallas stars
matt young - l.a. kings

[quote name='thatstoobad']in addition, we will see the st. louis blues skate onto the ice against the most electrifying team to ever hit the ice of nhl 2k6, the detroit red wings of the CAGHL. the wings showed the world where true march madness is, with their impressive 4-0 record during the month, and their 32 goals for and only 7 goals against over the course of the four games. can the wings continue this streak into april? the blues don't seem to think so, as they intend to knock the runaway red wings train off the tracks to the CAGHL cup and into the cold, cold waters of lake st. clair as they travel to joe louis arena this week.[/quote]

Somebody is feeling good about themself.:puke:

Played thatstoobad and ended up losing 5-3. For once I honestly thought my team (except for my goalie) played thier best. I had a great D going and actually scored early in this game but I was stuck having little trickle after trickle go past my goalie. I swear lately it seems like thats more common, that my goalie is letting everything bounce off of him and slowly just creep into the goal.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Played thatstoobad and ended up losing 5-3. For once I honestly thought my team (except for my goalie) played thier best. I had a great D going and actually scored early in this game but I was stuck having little trickle after trickle go past my goalie. I swear lately it seems like thats more common, that my goalie is letting everything bounce off of him and slowly just creep into the goal.[/QUOTE]
yeah man, you really should have won that game. your goals were good ones, nice set ups and whatnot. all 5 of mine were pretty crappy. i had a couple clean shots go in, and a couple trickle in. you definitely out played me today, but i got lucky (and your goalie kind of screwed you over). i may have won, but i definitely felt like the loser of that game.

Me and meth should be playing our game tonight unless something happens. Kovalchuk is already warming up and chanting hat trick, hat trick. ;)

Good game Meth. It was a really tight period and a half. Your d is getting a lot tougher and I hated to ever see Shanahan with the puck.

Flybrione and I just played our game. It was close throughout and in the third Modano put in the tying goal and went into OT. After a few close calls, the score was still tied and the game would have to be decided by a shootout. The crowd was quiet and tense as each player made their way toward the goal, only to have it blocked by the goalie over and over and over again. Down the bench, each player strutting their stuff and getting shut down. Apparently for Chicago, the 10th time is the charm as Cullimore slipped one around the side of Vokoun to win the game.

Chicago 3
Dallas 2

But once again, the game, she frowns upon the efforts of the two teams and discards the results.

[quote name='radjago']But once again, the game, she frowns upon the efforts of the two teams and discards the results.[/QUOTE]
it's funny, because a couple weeks ago the 2k6 guys updated the method of simulating games. i used to have to simulate each game individually, but now i can simulate all the unplayed/unregistered games at once.

i guess that was their way of fixing it?

[quote name='thatstoobad']it's funny, because a couple weeks ago the 2k6 guys updated the method of simulating games. i used to have to simulate each game individually, but now i can simulate all the unplayed/unregistered games at once.

i guess that was their way of fixing it?[/QUOTE]
That doesn't bode well for my hopes for 2K7.

I thought for sure my game against Meth didn't register because as soon as it ended, I skipped the cutscenes and hit exit from the menu as quickly as possible. The registering game window popped up and it froze with some funky background window overlapping. I was like, oh well, went out for a few minutes. Right as I walked back inside, I saw the window close and it returned to the league menu. Very odd, but finally Kovalchuk had a hat trick register.

[quote name='radjago']Flybrione and I just played our game. It was close throughout and in the third Modano put in the tying goal and went into OT. After a few close calls, the score was still tied and the game would have to be decided by a shootout. The crowd was quiet and tense as each player made their way toward the goal, only to have it blocked by the goalie over and over and over again. Down the bench, each player strutting their stuff and getting shut down. Apparently for Chicago, the 10th time is the charm as Cullimore slipped one around the side of Vokoun to win the game.

Chicago 3
Dallas 2

But once again, the game, she frowns upon the efforts of the two teams and discards the results.[/QUOTE]

Great game Radjago! That shootout at the end was priceless.

This game blows whenever I win it never registers but when I get my arse kicked 7-0 it registers just fine.

[quote name='repetske']Good game Meth. It was a really tight period and a half. Your d is getting a lot tougher and I hated to ever see Shanahan with the puck.[/QUOTE]
Win or Lose, i always have a great time playing your *damn* Thrashers!
good game man!

I sent out several trade offers. Please feel free to accept, reject, or counter any proposals. Viva la Thrashers, or at least the 3 still on the team.

It was really weird playing Meth since we've traded like 4 players each. I kept wanting to pass the puck to Savard, Bondra, and Mellanby.

Sweet. Another trade completed. Thanks thatstoobad. I think I'm going to need to rename my team the Atlantreal Thranadiens. ;)

[quote name='thatstoobad']you guys better watch out, because you're all going to get hossafied by detroit.[/quote]

Good God! I'm scared to think what you might can do now that you have a player with some ability. I mean, look what you've been able to do with old Stevie Y. Unfortunately, you now have a goalie that may drop over dead mid-game from old age.

Oh, and did anyone see the Lightning/Thrashers game last night? Kovalchuk scored on a slap shot with 3.2 seconds left to force overtime. It was such an exciting game.

When's this thing getting advanced? I'm ready to avenge my loss to Brad in week 2 of the season. After giving up 1 goal in his last three games, I've decided to bench Mike Dunham because of his lame shootout performance last night in real life. Who knows how the untested Theodore will perform?

[quote name='repetske']When's this thing getting advanced? I'm ready to avenge my loss to Brad in week 2 of the season. After giving up 1 goal in his last three games, I've decided to bench Mike Dunham because of his lame shootout performance last night in real life. Who knows how the untested Theodore will perform?[/QUOTE]
theodore will disappoint you.

anyways, i'll advance it now. i am visiting my parents in indianapolis, but luckily they bought a computer (which i had to hook up for them).

week 21: the game of the week this week is ANY GAME THAT ACTUALLY GETS PLAYED. the nashville/atlanta game looks pretty good, too.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:

PLAY BY DATE: 04/15/06

schedule: week twenty

Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Maple Leafs @ St. Louis Blues
Los Angeles Kings @ Dallas Stars
New Jersey Devils @ Chicago Blackhawks
Nashville Predators @ Atlanta Thrashers
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Pittsburgh Penguins
San Jose Sharks @ Detroit Red Wings
Philadelphia Flyers @ Colorado Avalanche
-------------------------------------------------
New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators
Buffalo Sabres @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks

dafoomie - boston bruins
radjago - dallas stars
matt young - l.a. kings

Brad, can you play some time on Sunday? I'm going to the Thrashers/Hurricanes game tonight and I'll be working late all week with the looming tax deadline.

bread's done
Back