CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

Well, it's apparent everyone's just waiting on my approval with the period lengths, so yes, the 6 minute periods are fine by me. :)

We maybe should also have a "Back-up Goalie Rule" were maybe all teams have to use their back-ups a certain number of games in the season, adds a little more strategy to the games and season in a small way.

The way we did it in the one league I was in was you had to play your back-up 20% of the games so in the 82 game seasons we played you had to use them around 18-20 times. If we were going to plat the 26 game season maybe 6 games should be the number.

[quote name='Jaket']indeed! gimme![/QUOTE]
awesome. what team do you want?

[quote name='ajh2298']We maybe should also have a "Back-up Goalie Rule" were maybe all teams have to use their back-ups a certain number of games in the season, adds a little more strategy to the games and season in a small way.

The way we did it in the one league I was in was you had to play your back-up 20% of the games so in the 82 game seasons we played you had to use them around 18-20 times. If we were going to plat the 26 game season maybe 6 games should be the number.[/QUOTE]
i used my backup goalie for a few games last year, but not everyone chose to, and i don't really think there should be a rule imposed about it. i think it's really up to each individual player in the league to get what they want out of the games. i like to control the line changes, team strategy, edit the lines a bit, switch goalies every now and then, and stuff like that, but other people like to just turn the game on and go, not worrying about all that extra stuff, which is fine too.

[quote name='thatstoobad']awesome. what team do you want?

i used my backup goalie for a few games last year, but not everyone chose to, and i don't really think there should be a rule imposed about it. i think it's really up to each individual player in the league to get what they want out of the games. i like to control the line changes, team strategy, edit the lines a bit, switch goalies every now and then, and stuff like that, but other people like to just turn the game on and go, not worrying about all that extra stuff, which is fine too.[/QUOTE]

hmm... i have no clue... i would have taken the bruins, but they are taken... just put me in for whoever haha

I like the backup goalie idea. It would add another strategic element to the season. I really like that idea, actually. It would be so fun to plan which games you wanted your backup to play (against the weaker teams, etc). Although I think 20% of the games is too high. How about like 10%?

[quote name='Jaket']hmm... i have no clue... i would have taken the bruins, but they are taken... just put me in for whoever haha[/QUOTE]
Take the Whalers.

Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa are out there, those are all really good teams. A lot of people have Ottawa and Calgary going to the finals. Surprised so many people took bad teams and passed most of the Canadian teams over.

I'm down with the backup goalie idea.

And Jaket - you should go with Vancouver or Calgary they both have a strong roster.

[quote name='CheapyD']I call Flyers.
I think you should make it clear that only serious players need apply. If you can't consistantly handle playing one game a week, don't bother signing up.[/QUOTE]

I'm honored CheapyD :)

In other leagues I've seen in other years, with injuries on, your goalie would get fatigued if he played too much and wouldn't be as good until he rested. Does it work the same way in 2k6 or does he never get tired no matter what?

ok, i just created the league. i slightly adjusted the sliders, but not a ton.

here's a quick run down of all the options:
-26 game season
-top 8 teams make the playoffs
-playoffs are best of 5 series
-6 minute periods
-difficulty: all-star
-one timers: hard

if someone wants to check those settings to make sure i didn't mess anything up, i'd be ok with that.

i like the idea of using your backup goalie, and it's definitely encouraged, but not mandatory. i'll be using my backup goalie, and as far as i can tell at least a few others will.

LEAGUE NAME: CAGHL
LEAGUE PASSWORD: "cag" (all lower case)

MAKE SURE YOU PICK THE CORRECT TEAM!

so sign in to the league and let's get this thing going.

They didn't give me any of my rookies in the roster update... Oh well.

I've been playing with the automatic line changes, but the CPU never seems to change my lines for me during play, so my line stays out there forever until theres a whistle. Anyone know how to get the game to change your lines, since you can't do it manually when auto is on?

[quote name='dafoomie']They didn't give me any of my rookies in the roster update... Oh well.

I've been playing with the automatic line changes, but the CPU never seems to change my lines for me during play, so my line stays out there forever until theres a whistle. Anyone know how to get the game to change your lines, since you can't do it manually when auto is on?[/QUOTE]

Dump the puck once the line is out there for a bit and they'll change.

[quote name='fxrival']Dump the puck once the line is out there for a bit and they'll change.[/QUOTE]
I've tried that, since logically, that would be the time it would happen, but it doesn't seem to work very often. I'll keep trying.

Also, it turns out that we can edit lines, call up and send down players, and make trades, through the league website. Much better than last year.

I'm signed in but I thought we were going to wait until they updated the rosters again? Either way is fine by me though.

[quote name='Tojo']I'm signed in but I thought we were going to wait until they updated the rosters again? Either way is fine by me though.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought too.

[quote name='Tojo']I'm signed in but I thought we were going to wait until they updated the rosters again? Either way is fine by me though.[/QUOTE]
well, i was hoping that we wouldn't have to wait very long for a roster update, but who knows when the 2k6 guys are actually going to get around to doing it. i want to get the league going, and since we already had a full league it seemed dumb to wait longer than we really had to. if anyone is sad about it then sorry, but it's not really that big of a deal, i don't think.

[quote name='thatstoobad']well, i was hoping that we wouldn't have to wait very long for a roster update, but who knows when the 2k6 guys are actually going to get around to doing it. i want to get the league going, and since we already had a full league it seemed dumb to wait longer than we really had to. if anyone is sad about it then sorry, but it's not really that big of a deal, i don't think.[/QUOTE]

You did not even wait a week for the update, thats pretty fudged up, I would not have picked the Penguins if I knew you were not going to wait for the rookies.

[quote name='ajh2298']Thats pretty fucked up, I would not have picked the Penguins if we were not going to wait for the rookie update to the rosters.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, theres no Crosby yet. I'd have waited. There was a roster update for September, but nothing since the season started.

[quote name='ajh2298']You did not even wait a week for the update, thats pretty fudged up, I would not have picked the Penguins if I knew you were not going to wait for the rookies.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too worked up. Rookies always come in rated in the 60s or 70s. I doubt that even Crosby would have been given a rating too far above that in his first season.

Besides, the Pens are still pretty stacked.

[quote name='ajh2298']You did not even wait a week for the update, thats pretty fudged up, I would not have picked the Penguins if I knew you were not going to wait for the rookies.[/QUOTE]

The Pens are still great without Crosby. What difference is one player going to make??

well if it's that big of a deal i'll delete the whole thing and i can recreate it, whatever. nothing's set in stone yet, and i didn't realize everyone cared so much about a couple players/moves.

[quote name='thatstoobad']well if it's that big of a deal i'll delete the whole thing and i can recreate it, whatever. nothing's set in stone yet, and i didn't realize everyone cared so much about a couple players/moves.[/QUOTE]
Pittsburgh doesn't have Crosby, but they still have Morozov and Kraft, who are in Europe now, so it evens out. I don't mind either way myself.

The rookie/lack of rookies doesn't bother me. I don't even know who I should have on my team. All I know is Fedorov and Giguere. Yes, I am a hockey savant.

alright, since it seems that only one person really cares about the rosters, things are going to remain the way they are.

here's the people that still need to sign in:

gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
matt young - l.a. kings
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
radjago - dallas stars
fankysox - calgary flames

bread's done
Back