CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

[quote name='ajh2298']I could play right now, not sure about later, is that good for you?[/QUOTE]
Yes...now's great. I'll go log onto Live.

matt and I are playing at 6:00 my time (40 minutes from now)

from the way he is portraying himself (playing only 5 games)... it seems we will be evenly matched ;)

As in, "The final score of the match- Ottawa 17, Los Angeles 1."

And should I bother with the mic? I always feel like I'm talking either too much or too little during sports league games. Never just enough, lol.

[quote name='Matt Young']As in, "The final score of the match- Ottawa 17, Los Angeles 1."[/QUOTE]

If you even get that far lol....sounds like you've been having some internet problems. Good luck with getting the game started AND playing well. :)

Thanks. I don't know what the problem is. My connection for other games is great, but this one always says guys have accepted my game invite and will be joining me shortly, and they never show up. With Steve, we connected ('twas right after the game came out) and it was so laggy, it was beyod unplayable.

And yes, I am making Jaket wait just so I can get my daily fix of Around the Horn and PTI.

[quote name='repetske']7ish is probably best for me now. Some dinner plans came up at 6, but I should be home right at or really close to 7:00 if you can still play.[/QUOTE]

Great! I'll see you then!

oh matt: just a heads up... my shit always crashes on the first time someone challenges me... no clue why, but don't leave right after, i will be back! haha

ajh and I just played Game 1 of the 2005-2006 CAGHL Season.
It was a nailbiter, and the entire 3rd period it was a one goal game. I added an empty netter with 1.8 seconds left to win 5-3.

An interesting sidenote--no player scored twice, so the scoring lead is easily reachable.

Great game ajh!

[quote name='Jaket']oh matt: just a heads up... my shit always crashes on the first time someone challenges me... no clue why, but don't leave right after, i will be back! haha[/QUOTE]

You might be screwed then, because sometimes with league games if it crashes one of you will get a win and then the game will need reset before you can try again.

[quote name='Jaket']oh matt: just a heads up... my shit always crashes on the first time someone challenges me... no clue why, but don't leave right after, i will be back! haha[/QUOTE]

No problem. But if we can't get it working within 10 minutes or so, meet me on here (I don't have AIM yet on this computer, but we can communicate via CAG) to figure out what we'll do.

[quote name='TJordan522']ajh and I just played Game 1 of the 2005-2006 CAGHL Season.
It was a nailbiter, and the entire 3rd period it was a one goal game. I added an empty netter with 1.8 seconds left to win 5-3.

An interesting sidenote--no player scored twice, so the scoring lead is easily reachable.

Great game ajh![/QUOTE]

Yep great game!

p.s.
Is there a reason why the players seem to be skating on peanut butter and not ice, it just seems alot slower and less fluid then the default settings.

thatstoobad....very nice intro on the 2K Online Leagues page.
Also, can you enable us to create polls and write articles please? Thanks.
Also, I noticed the goalie puck playing penalty is turned off. How come?

P.S. In honor of my win over the Pens, I think my signature pic would look pretty nice on the league website. ;-)
The uncropped version can be found here, photo #9, in case you do want to use it instead of Patrick La-lame.
http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/pho...ew_gallery.cgi/njo/view_gallery.ata?g_id=5158

[quote name='Jaket']how the hell do i start a league match? do i just challenge him regularly?[/QUOTE]

Go to leagues, CAGHL, lobby, and once your opponent is in the lobby you will be able to challenge him.

[quote name='TJordan522']Go to leagues, CAGHL, lobby, and once your opponent is in the lobby you will be able to challenge him.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the help

Just finished playing matt... very good game!

i won, 8-3 somehow... there were a few goals where even I was like "how the hell did that go in?"

but oh well, definatly a good time... looking foward to the rest of the season

Well, we got a connection and there was no lag. Jaket was cool to talk to as well.

I had gone up 3-2, but then he was all like, "Motherfucker please!" and destroyed me, winning 8-3. I'm going to play a few exhibition games tonight, or at least I plan to, so if anyone wants one, let me know.

EDIT: Jaket, I was going to tell you this when we were talkign about E3, but Mario Super Strikers is farand away the best 4 player experience you can find on the GameCube. But then aagin, I probably don't need to tell you that judging by your sig and avatar.

Just played my game with Tojo.

Avalanche 3 Mighty Ducks 4 OT.

He scored 3 goals in the 3rd period to force the OT. Was lucky enough that his defenseman kicked the puck in on one of my rushes. Crazy good game.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, we got a connection and there was no lag. Jaket was cool to talk to as well.

I had gone up 3-2, but then he was all like, "Motherfucker please!" and destroyed me, winning 8-3. I'm going to play a few exhibition games tonight, or at least I plan to, so if anyone wants one, let me know.

EDIT: Jaket, I was going to tell you this when we were talkign about E3, but Mario Super Strikers is farand away the best 4 player experience you can find on the GameCube. But then aagin, I probably don't need to tell you that judging by your sig and avatar.[/QUOTE]

haha definatly, I played the demo at work like 5 times... soo fun! even with 2 players it is still a blast... can't wait for it

[quote name='ajh2298']Is there a reason why the players seem to be skating on peanut butter and not ice, it just seems alot slower and less fluid then the default settings.[/QUOTE]
i don't think i really messed with any of the friction/speed settings, so i don't know. if everyone feels that it's too slow, i can edit the league settings through the league site, which is quite convenient. i should be playing my game tomorrow evening, so i'll let you know.

[quote name='TJordan522']thatstoobad....very nice intro on the 2K Online Leagues page.
Also, can you enable us to create polls and write articles please? Thanks.
Also, I noticed the goalie puck playing penalty is turned off. How come?

P.S. In honor of my win over the Pens, I think my signature pic would look pretty nice on the league website. ;-)
The uncropped version can be found here, photo #9, in case you do want to use it instead of Patrick La-lame.
http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/pho...ew_gallery.cgi/njo/view_gallery.ata?g_id=5158[/QUOTE]
polls and news stories and stuff have been enabled, sorry about that. i turned the goalie outside crease penalty off because i've had my cpu controlled goalie come out and handle the puck outside the zone, thus getting me a penalty i didn't really deserve. as with the other settings, i can actually edit this through the league site, so if most everyone else thinks it should be on, then i'll switch it on.

as far as the picture, that's lalime letting in a goal from this season's opening night against the red wings. i'll give you one guess why i chose that one.

Yeah, good game Steve. I need to start playing with Colorado more. I don't even know who's good for them and whatnot, being a huge Red Wings fan. BTW, anyone interested in Aebischer? Haha.

[quote name='thatstoobad'] i turned the goalie outside crease penalty off because i've had my cpu controlled goalie come out and handle the puck outside the zone, thus getting me a penalty i didn't really deserve. as with the other settings, i can actually edit this through the league site, so if most everyone else thinks it should be on, then i'll switch it on.

[/QUOTE]

It's not a big deal...I was just curious as to why it was off. That's only happened to me once (computer goalie screw up) in 50+ games, so I have no problem with turning it on, but if you think it will screw too many people over than don't worry about it.

I've actually accidentally played it in the restricted zone twice, so turning the rule on could be interesting too.

Your call.

And Matt, or anyone, for that matter--I'd be up for a few exhibitions tonight....PM or AIM me.

[quote name='TJordan522']It's not a big deal...I was just curious as to why it was off. That's only happened to me once (computer goalie screw up) in 50+ games, so I have no problem with turning it on, but if you think it will screw too many people over than don't worry about it.

I've actually accidentally played it in the restricted zone twice, so turning the rule on could be interesting too.

Your call.[/QUOTE]
i'll probably end up turning it on after this week. it's probably not as prevalent as i seem to think it is, and it might make for some interesting power play opportunities.

Here's who I have available, I am looking for speed and or former Penguin players.

G-S. Caron 82
C-M. Eastwood 74
D-J. Melichar 75
D-S. Poapst 73
D-R. Scuderi 71
D-M. Strbak 74
LW-T. Surovy 77
C-M. Sivek 73
RW-R. VandenBussche 68

Feel free to make offers for my other players, but it would have to be something extraordinary to get me to move any of them.

thatstoobad, I'm just hurt you called it "choking in the finals" last season, instead of a miraculous championship for the Rangers. I can handle being underestimated by you as always.

Wow, seems like the league websites are even better this year!
I put a direct link to the website in OP and moved it up high...hope thats ok.

[quote name='ajh2298']Here's who I have available, I am looking for speed and or former Penguin players.

G-S. Caron 82
C-M. Eastwood 74
D-J. Melichar 75
D-S. Poapst 73
D-R. Scuderi 71
D-M. Strbak 74
LW-T. Surovy 77
C-M. Sivek 73
RW-R. VandenBussche 68

Feel free to make offers for my other players, but it would have to be something extraordinary to get me to move any of them.[/QUOTE]

I'm open for some trades also...

Players available :

RW- Richard Zednick (86) --> CheapyD wanna trade Gagne? ;)
G - Christobal Huet (82)
C - Mike Ribeiro (82)
RW - Niklas Sundstrom (78)
LW - Pierre Dagenais (76)
LW - Marcel Hossa (76)
D- Ron Hainsey (74)
G - Olivier Michaud (73)
D - Karl Dykhuis (73)

Basically, i'm looking for a new center for my 2nd line, and an additional LW.

[quote name='METH']I'm open for some trades also...

Players available :

RW- Richard Zednick (86) --> CheapyD wanna trade Gagne? ;)
G - Christobal Huet (82)
C - Mike Ribeiro (82)
LW - Pierre Dagenais (76)
LW - Marcel Hossa (76)
D- Ron Hainsey (74)
G - Olivier Michaud (73)
D - Karl Dykhuis (73)

Basically, i'm looking for a new center for my 2nd line, and an additional LW.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in these two guys, anything you like on my end?
LW - Marcel Hossa (76)

[quote name='ajh2298']I would be interested in these two guys, anything you like on my end?
LW - Marcel Hossa (76)[/QUOTE]

To be honest...hmm not really :/

i just got my game in, where i was able to barely pull out a 1-0 win.

the gameplay speed felt ok to me, but i'd be willing increase it a bit if enough of you feel that it's too slow.

also, if we don't find out who the toronto owner is by tomorrow i'm dropping him and finding a replacement.

I would like the speed turned up just a bit, if everybody else is fine with it, it just seem to be a little off to me. And I say replace the Toronto owner now, no use waiting another day if no one knows who the hell he is.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i just got my game in, where i was able to barely pull out a 1-0 win.

the gameplay speed felt ok to me, but i'd be willing increase it a bit if enough of you feel that it's too slow.

also, if we don't find out who the toronto owner is by tomorrow i'm dropping him and finding a replacement.[/QUOTE]

Good game tonight dude, I was starting to wonder if either of us would ever score a goal, mainly you though. Tonight was the first game I've played in this years version so I didnt expect much. I must say that Detroits team has some nice speed to it, my defenders were getting blown by a bunch. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Anyone want to play an exhibition game? If I don't hear anything within an hour (9:30 Pacific) I'm either going to play Halo with EastX or watch Batman Begins, but I could use thepractice, by jove.

Just a heads up to everyone, I'm having some problems with the game. Played three SP games this afternoon and two of them locked up after goals with a disc-read error. This was on my Thomson drive and Samsung drive.

BTW, anyone know a good way to transfer saves between Xboxes? I hate switching rooms and not having the saves I have in the other Xbox.

Thanks.

For the Sabres, Im looking for a good, top six left wing.

The untradables:
Briere
Afinogenov
Connolly
Lydman

Im definitely open to trading Drury for the right price.

I sent out a bunch of trade offers. Just trying to spice things up. Feel free to counter offer or just decline them if you aren't interested. Just wanted people to know they were out there.

thatstoobad, let me know about allowing cfreeze to play in the league. He was very reliable in the summer league and I know him in real life. He's not the greatest player, but he's been steadily improving and would be an asset to the league.

[quote name='Matt Young']I thought Gomer was the Blues (which is why I didn't choose them). I thought I had seen him around lately, too...[/QUOTE]

Jordan is just on crack. cfreeze will be taking over the Leafs.

bread's done
Back