[quote name='Jaket']good game man

for those who care

1st period:
1-0 jaket

2nd period:
1-2 ajh

3rd period:
1-3 ajh[/QUOTE]

Yep, good game Hasek let you down giving up two soft goals, only goal that I scored that was realistic was the second Malone goal in the 3rd period.

ajh2298, what the fuck? We play an exhibition game in which you don't use a headset and leave me a "neutral - used some exploits" feedback. I expect that from all the whiny quiters in random games, but not from someone in the league. If you have a problem with the way I'm playing, use a headset, or just post it here. Sorry if this seems harsh, but it really pisses me off when someone in the league does something like that. Your name isn't really eddiebelfour is it?

If you really have a problem, this stuff needs to get worked out now, before we get into a season. Last season got a little ugly at the end and I would hate for it to happen in this league.

[quote name='repetske']ajh2298, what the fuck? We play an exhibition game in which you don't use a headset and leave me a "neutral - used some exploits" feedback. I expect that from all the whiny quiters in random games, but not from someone in the league. If you have a problem with the way I'm playing, use a headset, or just post it here. Sorry if this seems harsh, but it really pisses me off when someone in the league does something like that. Your name isn't really eddiebelfour is it?

If you really have a problem, this stuff needs to get worked out now, before we get into a season. Last season got a little ugly at the end and I would hate for it to happen in this league.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but it seemed you scored the same goal 7 out of the 9 goals you scored, it just seemed to me you needed to mix up your game play a little bit more, not just keep going back to what works for a goal 90% of the time. So I think the feedback I left was right on you found a soft spot in the AI and seemed to me you exploited it.

Like I said in a previous post I come from hardcore sim leagues and we always tried to stay away from trying to exploit the sure things in the game.

But going by that logic and transferring to actual sports logic, you go with what keeps working until they find a way to stop it.

I think the bigger issue is not coming right out and discussing it with repetske before giving him the feedback. We're all just here to have fun and it takes away from it when you think you've had a great session only to hear otherwise later on.

This is ridiculous.

ajh2298 and I just played a game. It was an EXTREMELY fair and even game, but I came out on top by a score of 6-3. I thought he played an excellent game and I couldn't imagine him having a problem with my game either. So, despite knowing he left repetseke (an amazing and fair player) neutral feedback, I gave him a positive.

I go to my profile to discover I got a Neutral as well. What the hell? You can't be serious...
Enough dumbasses leave neutrals and negatives for absolutely no reason other than the fact that they lost...the last thing we need is people IN OUR LEAGUE leaving poor feedback FOR NO VALID REASON. This has got to stop.

[quote name='TJordan522']This is ridiculous.

ajh2298 and I just played a game. It was an EXTREMELY fair and even game, but I came out on top by a score of 6-3. I thought he played an excellent game and I couldn't imagine him having a problem with my game either. So, despite knowing he left repetseke (an amazing and fair player) neutral feedback, I gave him a positive.

I go to my profile to discover I got a Neutral as well. What the hell? You can't be serious...
Enough dumbasses leave neutrals and negatives for absolutely no reason other than the fact that they lost...the last thing we need is people IN OUR LEAGUE leaving poor feedback FOR NO VALID REASON. This has got to stop.[/QUOTE]

Ignore all of that. I apologize to ajh....I should've spoken with him before getting all angry. He left the neutral by mistake, since he was in a rush to get to the phone.

Enough dumbasses leave neutrals and negatives for absolutely no reason other than the fact that they lost...the last thing we need is people IN OUR LEAGUE leaving poor feedback FOR NO VALID REASON. This has got to stop.

I've gotten two negative feedback scores for verbal abuse despite the fact that I didn't have a headset plugged in for either game. I normally figure it's kids who are trying to get even for being beat. Worrying about what feedback someone leaves you is a waste of time. It seems to be general knowledge that the feedback system is broken.

[quote name='fxrival']I've gotten two negative feedback scores for verbal abuse despite the fact that I didn't have a headset plugged in for either game. I normally figure it's kids who are trying to get even for being beat. Worrying about what feedback someone leaves you is a waste of time. It seems to be general knowledge that the feedback system is broken.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha yeah this has happened to me too. But still, I am in the 90s and I like to keep it that way.

[quote name='Matt Young']Just now got dial-up running. I should have broadband working for the first time in a month as of Saturday.... I hope.[/QUOTE]

Got broadband running today, according to my parents. I will sign up tonight if I go ome or tomorrow at the latest, and I will be up for an exhibition game, I'm sure, if anyone wants to play. I need the practice.

Can we get the last two people to sign-up or find other owners for their teams, I have a bunch of trades I want to try and get done before the first game.

Ive been pretty busy and will be until Wednesday, but after that, look for me online or send me a friend request: KeyserSoze17. Always playing the Sabres.

Oh, and as far as exploits, there is only one that Ive seen consistently: a player goes into the corner, rushes up to the short side of the crease, dekes and scores into the far side. Ive played against people who use this constantly. As aggressive as you can be on defense, this attack can be frustrating to defend against. I leave neutral/negative feedback on people who score >2 goals a game like this... I dont care if I lose 15-1, so long as the goals arent complete exploits in the game. A well set up one timer, a deflection, breakaways: all good. Corner to front: bad :).

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Ive been pretty busy and will be until Wednesday, but after that, look for me online or send me a friend request: KeyserSoze17. Always playing the Sabres.

Oh, and as far as exploits, there is only one that Ive seen consistently: a player goes into the corner, rushes up to the short side of the crease, dekes and scores into the far side. Ive played against people who use this constantly. As aggressive as you can be on defense, this attack can be frustrating to defend against. I leave neutral/negative feedback on people who score >2 goals a game like this... I dont care if I lose 15-1, so long as the goals arent complete exploits in the game. A well set up one timer, a deflection, breakaways: all good. Corner to front: bad :).[/QUOTE]
It is a bit cheap to do that over and over, but if you do that in real life, you'll most likely score. Try keeping your defensemen in front of the net and use a foreward to go after the puck carrier. Or you can try switching to a more conservative defensive scheme. I think I've scored a couple times that way, but its not something I set out to do. But, people have been scoring goals like that since NHL 94, so you'll also have to do your part in not making it easy. It is cheap to do that continuously though.

I've only played like 5 games since buying the game due to no Live and lots of Burnout, so I'm fairly certain I'll be destroyed.

On a somewhat related note, I've never watched hockey, but I'm trying to this year. So far, though, I haven't been able to geet into it. :(

Is there any way to find out what feedback someone has left you before you leave yours?

Referring to my post about exploits, this guy kept trying to do it for an entire game, its all he ever did. What a loser. Kept it a close game, he took a 1 goal lead and kept skating with the puck behind his own net.

The goal from out of the corner seems to be the "sure thing" in this years game. Its ok to do it maybe once or twice a game if you set it up a cycle from out of the corner, but people do seem to base their whole game off of it. Planting a D-Man in front of the net helps but only helps a small % of the time. I have already PM'ed thatstoobad about this type of goal on Saturday, I dont think he knew it was such a wide spread exploited glitch.

[quote name='ajh2298']The goal from out of the corner seems to be the "sure thing" in this years game. Its ok to do it maybe once or twice a game if you set it up a cycle from out of the corner, but people do seem to base their whole game off of it. Planting a D-Man in front of the net helps but only helps a small % of the time. I have already PM'ed thatstoobad about this type of goal on Saturday, I dont think he knew it was such a wide spread exploited glitch.[/QUOTE]
I only have a problem if people are doing it every single time they bring the puck into the offensive zone, which is what this guy tried to do earlier. I lost 5-4, but I didn't have a problem defending against it once I saw it enough times.

You just can't bring your defenseman away from the net and go for the hit, keep them in front of the net, and don't overpursue the puck carrier. You have to play good fundamental defense, just like real hockey, but it is a little too easy. In real life, the defenseman in front would take you the fuck out, and the goalie shouldn't go down that early and overcomitt to the first shot.

I'll go ahead and apologize in advance then, because if I see any space between the defensemen and the goalie, I'm going to go for it until you start taking control of your defensemen and trying to stop it. I refuse to be a part of the school of "well he keeps letting me score that way, I better find another hole in his defense."

ok, as far as the whole goal controversy goes, let me chime in with my take on the whole thing.

i made this horrible diagram to clarify that this is the type of goal we are talking about:
goal-vi.jpg

goals like this are ok as long as it's just incidental. i've played games online (mostly in 2k5) where players would just hang out in the corner waiting for that opening to skate in front and score, and regardless of how easy it is to stop, it makes for a pretty boring game. all i can ask is that everyone tries to play a fair game. a good way to deal with this would be to use your headset during league games, that way you can talk about it. other than simply asking everyone to use their best judgement, all i can really say is that we'll deal with a problem if and when it arises, but hopefully it won't come to that.

schedule has been generated

week one (play by date 10/25):
New York Rangers @ Dallas Stars
St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings
Colorado Avalanche @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Ottawa Senators @ Los Angeles Kings
Montreal Canadiens @ Atlanta Thrashers
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Nashville Predators
Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins @ New Jersey Devils
Chicago Blackhawks @ Buffalo Sabres
Tampa Bay Lightning @ San Jose Sharks

here is the list of all league players, alphabetized by team:
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
? - toronto maple leafs

you may notice a question mark for toronto, that's because no one claimed toronto when we were picking teams, and someone named "eastsidecnote" signed in as them. so, if you are "eastsidecnote" on xbox live, or anyone knows who that is, please let me know who it is on the CAG site.

play by dates will be enforced. last season took a lot longer than it should have because i was lenient on it, but this year i won't be. sorry.

here's a link to the access the league site:
http://online.2ksports.com/

all the important information will be updated in the first post.

Montreal Canadiens @ Atlanta Thrashers

Muahahahahahaha... we meet again repetske!

Let me know when you can play - wednesday night would be the best for me.

[quote name='METH']Montreal Canadiens @ Atlanta Thrashers

Muahahahahahaha... we meet again repetske!

Let me know when you can play - wednesday night would be the best for me.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Not the Crazy French Canadian again. I was hoping to comment on our matchup first. We always play early on. I can probably swing playing on Wednesday between 6 and 8. I would really like to play tonight (Monday) if you could squeeze it in, but I figure you must be busy or would have said you could play.

KeyserSoze81 let me know when you are available for game one. I am usually available during the week after work between 8pm cst till about 10pm cst. I will not be available this week until Wednesday evening because I am celebrating my birthday today and tomorrow with some friends. Let me know your schedule. Thanks

[quote name='repetske']Damn. Not the Crazy French Canadian again. I was hoping to comment on our matchup first. We always play early on. I can probably swing playing on Wednesday between 6 and 8. I would really like to play tonight (Monday) if you could squeeze it in, but I figure you must be busy or would have said you could play.[/QUOTE]

Maybe i could play between 6-7 ish tonite... how does that sound?
I'll see you on AIM.

[quote name='METH']Maybe i could play between 6-7 ish tonite... how does that sound?
I'll see you on AIM.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. I'm so excited to play. I've really only played Jordan a few games and couple of random people, so I'll be a little rusty. By "a little rusty," I mean you should be able to keep from scoring double-digits.

For some odd reason the Gamertag of the person who took Toronto sounds like someone I played before, but a long time ago on another site.

[quote name='Matt Young']I tried contacting Jaket about our game, but his PM inbox is full. I'm available all day today except between 6-8:10 PM Pacific time.[/QUOTE]

i got un-modded so my PM box was over by like 350 messages heh... fixed now, and I can play any time today :)

[quote name='METH']Maybe i could play between 6-7 ish tonite... how does that sound?
I'll see you on AIM.[/QUOTE]

7ish is probably best for me now. Some dinner plans came up at 6, but I should be home right at or really close to 7:00 if you can still play.

[quote name='Jaket']i got un-modded so my PM box was over by like 350 messages heh... fixed now, and I can play any time today :)[/QUOTE]

I responded to your PM. Hopefully we can actually get a connection, something I was unable to do with SteveMcQ, BigDirty, and ajh.

bread's done
Back