1 (100%)
NEW INFO:
CAGHL 2: Turbo

FINALS:

st. louis (1) vs. rangers (2)

WINNER:

repetske and the rangers

--------------------------------

here's the list of who's in the league and what team they have (XBL gamer tag is listed second):

atlanta thrashers -
boston bruins - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)
calgary flames - zewone (zewone)
colorado avalanche - stevemcq (MSBphilin)
columbus blue jackets - ultimate matt x (ultimate matt x)
dallas stars -
detroit red wings - radjago (radjago)
los angeles kings - kingdox (kingdox)
montreal canadiens - meth (xMETHx)
new jersey devils - FrankySox (slydog320)
new york islanders - Brad906 (Master91Chief)
new york rangers - repetske (silencer)
philadelphia flyers - cheapyd (cheapyd)
phoenix coyotes - TJordan522 (NJDevilsFan)
san jose sharks - bigdirty (eldirty)
st louis blues - thatstoobad (thatstoobad)
tampa bay lightening - gomer1andonly (gomer v1)
toronto maple leafs - darkJester (JesterOZ)

here's the league site: CAGHL 2: Turbo

i advanced the schedule. with 3 weeks left, the playoff teams are pretty much set, now it's mostly about trying to edge each other out to get a better spot come post season.

radjago: i'll send you a PM tomorrow with when i can play. i'm not sure at the moment.

Kingdox, when's the best time for you? I'll be on xbox live tonite - around 7pm ET.

sighlintbob, get off your ass and respond to my pm's. I haven't heard any response in at least 10 minutes. What? Are you afraid to play?

ALL EYES ON ROENICK AS FLYERS FALL TO PHOENIX
http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/news.php?l=52196&n=27384

Wachovia Center (AP): COYOTES 6, FLYERS 3

All eyes were on Jeremy Roenick Wednesday night for the Flyers' game versus the Phoenix Coyotes after his June 5th comment in which he guaranteed his team would make the playoffs. "It's money in the bank," Roenick said in a post game interview. Coming off of a 5-1 victory where Roenick netted a hat trick, Philadelphia fans were expecting a big game from the confident Roenick. Roenick did score a goal, but it wasn't enough, as the spotlight belonged to former flyers Mike Comrie and Daymond Langkow, who recorded 2 points each. Phoenix goaltender Brent Johnson rebounded from a subpar performance in the Coyotes' previous game with an impressive 30 saves.

NOTES: After the game, Phoenix backup goalie Brain Boucher told reporters, "JR has really gotta watch what he is saying...he can't take it in his hands to guarantee a playoff spot. Philly is a harsh, harsh place to play. When we blew that 3-1 lead over NJ in 2000, the fans really let us have it. They can turn on you in a second...Roenick really has it coming to him now." Boucher is referring to the fact that the Flyers now sit in 9th place, officially one spot out of the playoffs. "I mean, I respect Roenick, but sometimes he can be so stupid," Boucher added. Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock declined to comment on the situation. Roenick's teammates, however, stood beside him 100%. "Jeremy knows what he is talking about...he'll pull through for us," said Robert Esche. "I didn't have the greatest game tonight, and I feel like I let JR and the team down. I'll be back on top of my game next week and hopefully we can edge out Phoenix for the final spot."

I was going to write an article about Roenick hanging himself in his hotel room, but I thought it was too grim.

[quote name='CheapyD']I was going to write an article about Roenick hanging himself in his hotel room, but I thought it was too grim.[/QUOTE]

Haha if you did that you'd have to cut him from the team.

i was going to write an ariticle, but i got tired, so i stopped. i took the time to make a picture, though, so i figured i'd post the headline and picture so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

St. Louis Blues Plan To "Get Tore Up" For Final Three Games
tkachukbeerhelmet-vi.jpg

Hey thatstoobad. I played against sighlintbob/Shadowcat tonight and the game was halted due to network problems with only a few minutes left. sighlintbob said the game could stand since there were only a few minutes left and he was down by 3. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Evidently Microsoft doesn't allow people in Georgia to play those in North Carolina, as we were unable to play hockey, baseball, or Halo 2 together, but could play with seemingly everyone else with no problems at all. Weird. At least we get to lace them back up in the last week since the schedule has been adjusted.

So how are the playoff spots looking? Are most of them locked in or what? I can't access the damn league site in FF or IE no matter what I do.

[quote name='repetske']Hey thatstoobad. I played against sighlintbob/Shadowcat tonight and the game was halted due to network problems with only a few minutes left. sighlintbob said the game could stand since there were only a few minutes left and he was down by 3. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Evidently Microsoft doesn't allow people in Georgia to play those in North Carolina, as we were unable to play hockey, baseball, or Halo 2 together, but could play with seemingly everyone else with no problems at all. Weird. At least we get to lace them back up in the last week since the schedule has been adjusted.[/QUOTE]

repetske's right...he should definitely get the win. there was hardly enough time to make anything happen. good game rep. next time i won't make it so easy on you.

Weird--on the league site, the "Player Spotlight" is on Brian Boucher. It says his last game, he faced 1 shot and allowed no goals for a 100% save percentage. Why is that? Brent Johnson played all game. Is it some weird glitch?

Has anyone noticed that the standing are different when looking at them through the in game league standings and the website league standings. I guess the website standings are the one's that really count?

Standings on website:
Team Owner W L % GF GA Streak
St. Louis thatstoobad 22 1 0.957 96 37 Won 13
NY Rangers Silencer 20 4 0.833 73 29 Won 12
Atlanta [NoUser] 17 6 0.739 67 55 Lost 1
Boston Shadowcat 14 10 0.583 58 39 Lost 1
Colorado MSBphilin 13 10 0.565 48 43 Won 6
Montreal xMETHx 13 10 0.565 48 68 Won 1
Phoenix NJDevilsFan 13 11 0.542 81 50 Won 1
NY Islanders Master91Chief 12 11 0.522 46 58 Won 2

Philadelphia CheapyD 12 12 0.500 63 58 Lost 1
San Jose elDirty 10 13 0.435 28 47 Lost 2
Calgary zewone 9 14 0.391 44 70 Lost 4
Columbus Ultimate Matt X 9 14 0.391 56 96 Lost 2
New Jersey FrankySox 9 14 0.391 22 13 Lost 3
Tampa Bay Gomer V1 9 14 0.391 33 43 Won 2
Los Angeles KingDox 8 15 0.348 20 31 Lost 6
Dallas [NoUser] 7 16 0.304 22 22 Lost 12
Detroit Radjago 6 17 0.261 35 64 Won 1
Toronto JesterOZ 6 17 0.261 17 31 Lost 1

[quote name='repetske']Has anyone noticed that the standing are different when looking at them through the in game league standings and the website league standings. I guess the website standings are the one's that really count?[/QUOTE]
actually, i have a feeling that the in game standings are the ones that count.

if i have any say in the final standings (meaning if i can edit them), i will make sure that everyone gets placed based on their total points, meaning overtime losses will be taken into account. i'm hoping i have final control over the standings, but i don't really know.

[quote name='METH']This has nothing to do with the caghl, but i had to share it with you guys...
I'm on freakin' entensity.com !!! lol

http://poststuff2.entensity.net/061005/image.php?pic=dn2.jpg

***I'm the idiot in the yellow sitting in the middle of everyone looking down this hooters' waitress shirt.... (in Santa Monica)***[/QUOTE]

That girl has big boobies. I can't blame you either. You are always welcome to share pics of Hooter's waitresses even if there are some dudes in it.

[quote name='Brad906']I PMed my opponent 3 days ago and still haven't heard back from him...[/QUOTE]

Same, sent a PM a few days back but no responce yet.

Sorry guys. I've been out of town and such so I miss this weeks game and I'm going to Puerto Rico for 2 weeks tomorrow so I more than likely will miss all those games. Again, I'm sorry about this and hopefully you can give the wins to my upcoming opponents since they would have beat me.

Matt and I tried to get our game in tonight, but the ESPN servers seem to be down. I can't access the league lobby. We're planning again for tomorrow afternoon. If that doesn't go through it's alright between us for it to be decided on a coin flip. Hopefully it'll all be fixed though.

Matt and I got our game in today. Great game. Good thing I didn't have my headset as I was cursing the whole time especially after the 1st period. I think I let in two goals that bounced off Aebischer, over his head and trickled in behind him as he looked around dumbfounded.

Well, my game for this week was scheduled for 7 tonight but its 7:20 and he's a no show. I have a CAGNBA game in a bit so I cant stay on NHL anymore. If Darkjester can play tommorow, its cool with me but tonight is booked.

Didn't get any news from Kingdox since monday, hopefully we can get to play our game before the deadline. I'm seriously getting sick of this, i need my damn hockey fix! Can't wait for the playoffs.

[quote name='METH']Didn't get any news from Kingdox since monday, hopefully we can get to play our game before the deadline. I'm seriously getting sick of this, i need my damn hockey fix! Can't wait for the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I think I play you next week, so at least we will get one game in before the end of the season.

How are the last few weeks and playoffs shaping up as far as time goes? It's getting towards the end of the month and I'm anxious that I'll make the playoffs, but be unable to play since I won't be here. That would suck.

I know it's only one person, but would others be able to shorten up the schedule for the last remaining weeks so we can start the playoffs as soon as possible?

Yes, I know we've all got lives and it's funny for me to be asking the league to work around me, but if there are others with scheduling conflicts, please speak up. That said, I don't mind how things are going. I just wanted to be here for the playoffs.

[quote name='repetske']I think I play you next week, so at least we will get one game in before the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn! not you again!

... just kidding dude, can't wait to play some good hockey.

week 25:

Atlanta @ Dallas
Calgary @ Boston
New Jersey @ Colorado
Detroit @ Columbus
Phoenix @ Toronto
NY Islanders @ Los Angeles
NY Rangers @ Montreal
Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia
St. Louis @ San Jose

please notice that a few of these games won't get played. obviously the atlanta/dallas game is out, and apparently bost will get the win fo the game against calgary. if everyone can try to get the games in soon, maybe i can advance the schedule early.

here are the standings:

St. Louis-----------------thatstoobad--------23 1
NY Rangers-------------Silencer---------------20 4
Atlanta-------------------[NoUser]-------------17 7
Boston------------------Shadowcat ----------14 10
Colorado----------------MSBphilin-------------14 10
Montreal----------------xMETHx---------------14 10
NY Islanders------------Master91Chief------13 11
Phoenix----------------- NJDevilsFan-----------13 11

Philadelphia------------CheapyD-------------12 12
San Jose-----------------elDirty---------------11 13
Tampa Bay--------------Gomer V1-------------10 14
Calgary-------------------zewone--------------9 15
Columbus----------------Ultimate Matt X------9 15
New Jersey-------------FrankySox------------9 15
Dallas--------------------[NoUser]-------------8 16
Los Angeles-------------KingDox--------------8 16
Detroit--------------------Radjago--------------6 18
Toronto------------------JesterOZ--------------6 18

please notice that NINTH PLACE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS since we don't have anyone playing as altanta anymore.

[quote name='"stevemcq"']How are the last few weeks and playoffs shaping up as far as time goes? It's getting towards the end of the month and I'm anxious that I'll make the playoffs, but be unable to play since I won't be here. That would suck.

I know it's only one person, but would others be able to shorten up the schedule for the last remaining weeks so we can start the playoffs as soon as possible?

Yes, I know we've all got lives and it's funny for me to be asking the league to work around me, but if there are others with scheduling conflicts, please speak up. That said, I don't mind how things are going. I just wanted to be here for the playoffs.[/quote]
so you won't be able to play the playoffs? when will you be gone, as we may be started in time.

That's the thing. I'm not sure if I will or will not be here for the playoffs. Things pop up all the time, but for now just count me in for the playoffs. I'm guessing once we do get to the playoffs it'll be much quicker since it'll be 8 teams and those guys will be pretty good about getting their games in quickly. What's the format? One game and you're out or is it a short series?

Hey Meth. Can you play some time tonight? Just let me know and I'll check when I get off work for your reply.

Oh and thatstoobad, is there any way you can knock Atlanta out of the playoffs, so whoever is 9th can play with their original team? I thought I remember you saying you weren't sure what control you had over the final standings, but I thought I would go ahead and ask.

[quote name='thatstoobad']
please notice that NINTH PLACE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS since we don't have anyone playing as altanta anymore.
[/QUOTE]Hope lives!

[quote name='CheapyD']Hope lives![/QUOTE]

As long as you can get through the last two weeks. I dont plan on losing tommorow night against you but as long as its as good a game as last time (which I lost), then its cool. Best of luck.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That's the thing. I'm not sure if I will or will not be here for the playoffs. Things pop up all the time, but for now just count me in for the playoffs. I'm guessing once we do get to the playoffs it'll be much quicker since it'll be 8 teams and those guys will be pretty good about getting their games in quickly. What's the format? One game and you're out or is it a short series?[/QUOTE]
i don't remember if i set it to best of 3 or best of 5, and there's no way to check, so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='repetske']Hey Meth. Can you play some time tonight? Just let me know and I'll check when I get off work for your reply.

Oh and thatstoobad, is there any way you can knock Atlanta out of the playoffs, so whoever is 9th can play with their original team? I thought I remember you saying you weren't sure what control you had over the final standings, but I thought I would go ahead and ask.[/QUOTE]

I can play between 5:30pm and 7pm ET only...

forget about me tomorrow night though, i will be back this weekend.

[quote name='METH']I can play between 5:30pm and 7pm ET only...

forget about me tomorrow night though, i will be back this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I could probably play tonight between 6 & 7pm ET. Just look for me on AIM if you want to play.

Cheapy and I had one hell of a game tonight. Back and forth all through regulation. Ended up tied 4 after regulation. Went through one OT of madness and Cheapy poking himself in the eye with his headset and came out tied still. He scored the game winner a few minutes into double OT. It was definitely one of the most exciting games I've had all season. Congrats on the win Cheapy, great game.

Franky...sent you a PM. I won't be able to play Saturday night, but Sunday's good for me.

Cheapy's hanging on to that final playoff spot. Would've loved to have watched that game.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Franky...sent you a PM. I won't be able to play Saturday night, but Sunday's good for me.

Cheapy's hanging on to that final playoff spot. Would've loved to have watched that game.[/QUOTE]

You saying that made me wish they somehow recorded the game using some sort of extended reply feature. Maybe a watch mode kind of like DOA Ultimate even. They could just keep them for the current week and when the schedule is advanced, dump them to make room for the next. That would be pretty cool. Maybe I'm just so starved for real hockey that I'm willing to watch others play as entertainment. Bring it back!

[quote name='repetske']You saying that made me wish they somehow recorded the game using some sort of extended reply feature. Maybe a watch mode kind of like DOA Ultimate even. They could just keep them for the current week and when the schedule is advanced, dump them to make room for the next. That would be pretty cool. Maybe I'm just so starved for real hockey that I'm willing to watch others play as entertainment. Bring it back![/QUOTE]
that would be pretty cool. i wouldn't mind checking out some of the overtime games that have happened, and also when some nutcase scores 12 goals in one game, i'd like to see how he actually managed to do that.

i know that they'll never actually keep a video of the game, but having a watch mode like you mention doesn't really seem that far-fetched.

bread's done
Back