CAGHL II: TURBO ***Rangers Win the Championship***

[quote name='thatstoobad']that would be pretty cool. i wouldn't mind checking out some of the overtime games that have happened, and also when some nutcase scores 12 goals in one game, i'd like to see how he actually managed to do that.[/QUOTE]

It's not cool to call TJordan a nutcase. :)

[quote name='TJordan522']Jester got back to me and we are playing tonight.[/QUOTE]

Don't choke. A loss would mean you might be playing as the Thrashers. I don't think anyone wants that. :)

[quote name='repetske']Don't choke. A loss would mean you might be playing as the Thrashers. I don't think anyone wants that. :)[/QUOTE]

Don't worry...I won't choke.
Well I may not even play. We were supposed to play tonight at 7:00 and I've been in the lobby for 8 minutes and still no sign of Jester...

[quote name='sighlintbob']zewone has been pm'd. have not heard anything yet.[/QUOTE]

Didn't he say he was going to be out of town this week as well?

[quote name='sighlintbob']zewone has been pm'd. have not heard anything yet.[/QUOTE]
as repetske said, zewone probably isn't going to be getting his last two games in.

i've been trying to get a game going with bigdirty, but it hasn't worked out yet. hopefully we can get it done in time.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Was supposed to play Franky Sunday night, but I must have missed him. I PMed him again, but I haven't had a response yet.[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting your game in with Franky. He sent me one reply early the week we were scheduled to play and then never responded to anything after that. He must get really busy.

so we're in the final week. here's the schedule:

Dallas @ Atlanta
Calgary @ Tampa Bay
NY Islanders @ Colorado
Columbus @ St. Louis
NY Rangers @ Boston
Philadelphia @ Detroit
New Jersey @ Los Angeles
Toronto @ Montreal
San Jose @ Phoenix

all the playoff spots have been clinched, though placement is still highly up for grabs. here's a quick rundown of the IN GAME standings, using the points system, which should be considered the real standings (as long as i have any say in the matter):

st. louis - 48 points - clinched 1st
rangers - 42 points - clinched 2nd
colorado - 31 points
boston - 30 points
phoenix - 29 points
montreal - 28 points
islanders - 28 points
flyers - 26 points

again, if i have any say in the matter, any ties will be broken using the GOAL DIFFERENTIAL, comparing goals for to goals against. the reason i want to do it this way, instead of strictly goals for, is incase anyone had to have multiple games simulated, they would be at an obvious disadvantage for goals, thus goal differential seems fair.

of course, none of that could matter if the stupid espn site/game doesn't give me control over the final standings/playoff spots.

i'll post the final standings at the end of this week.

I can't believe I'm in third spot right now. I do have some bad news though...ummm...thatstoobad.

I'm gonna be leaving the hemisphere after july 4th. I don't know if user switching will be made more difficult during the playoffs, so if you want, we can set up a way for someone to take over this last week so you guys can go straight into the playoffs. Sorry 'bout that guys...got some important things to take care of.

And I didn't get to hear from Franky on our game last week so sorry about that as well.

BigDirty and I played our game and in the third period when I was up 6-0, one of us (we don't know who) lost our connection. For some reason the score didn't register on ESPN like it usually does when someone loses their connection....oh well.

[quote name='TJordan522']BigDirty and I played our game and in the third period when I was up 6-0, one of us (we don't know who) lost our connection. For some reason the score didn't register on ESPN like it usually does when someone loses their connection....oh well.[/QUOTE]

You usually have to submit the game to arbitration for it to count. Even then it may take a few hours to show up.

Yo sighlintbob, let me know when you want to play biotch!:boxing:

If darkJester is still playing in this league... would you please let me know when would be the best time for you man? by the way on on ET.

[quote name='repetske']You usually have to submit the game to arbitration for it to count. Even then it may take a few hours to show up.

Yo sighlintbob, let me know when you want to play biotch!:boxing:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it didn't ask if we wanted to do that. It said "recording game results" but it didn't work for some reason. Anyway, BigDirty gave me the win since I was up 6-0 in the third. Thanks BigDirty, and good game! It all came down to how lucky the goalies got and yours had no luck lol.

sighlintbob, let me know when you want to play. I hope you get your internet back soon. I think I might lose to you intentionally, just so I don't go into the playoffs with a long winning streak.

sighlintbob, the least you could do is play our league game on my birthday. Thanks for the call by the way. Oh wait, you didn't call. ;) I guess I did forget to call on yours too. Touche.

[quote name='repetske']sighlintbob, the least you could do is play our league game on my birthday. Thanks for the call by the way. Oh wait, you didn't call. ;) I guess I did forget to call on yours too. Touche.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not calling, but at least I let you win our game. Don't say I never gave you anything.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Sorry for not calling, but at least I let you win our game. Don't say I never gave you anything.[/QUOTE]

Let me win? Ha. Thanks. I haven't laughed like a little girl in a long time.

Well I played my game with SteveMcQ, and he slaughtered me. Sorry my internet connection went down, it's been awful the past couple days and it was raining here pretty hard...

Ah...wondered what happened. I don't think the game registered though. Anything we can do about that thatstoobad? I'm not sure I'll have the time to play another game before the deadline so do whatever you have to do.

BTW, what was with the "Manual Stick" message? Was I doing something wrong? I don't know if you were trying to tell me something and I have no idea what that meant.

Anyway, good luck with the user that takes over the Avs in the playoffs. Third longest winning streak going in...keep it up.

I was just looking at the standings and I notice that if Meth wins his last game, he play Colorado, but if he loses, he gets St. Louis. No offense to SteveMCQ, but I'd much rather play him early than thatstoobad.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Ah...wondered what happened. I don't think the game registered though. Anything we can do about that thatstoobad? I'm not sure I'll have the time to play another game before the deadline so do whatever you have to do.

BTW, what was with the "Manual Stick" message? Was I doing something wrong? I don't know if you were trying to tell me something and I have no idea what that meant.

Anyway, good luck with the user that takes over the Avs in the playoffs. Third longest winning streak going in...keep it up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...it's alright, we don't have to play again. Thatstoobad can just credit you with the win. I mean, if we tied we could have gone again, but there was a clear winner there. And the manual stick message was just me being stupid...it looked like you were using manual stick control on one of the goals and I know CAGHL outlawed that, but all your other goals didn't have it so I was wrong there. Great game!

[quote name='TJordan522']Unfortunately, Steve won't even be around for playoffs....he deserves his shot, he had a great season.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm on to better things though. There's always next season.

Brad...I figured it had something to do with a gameplay issue. I have no idea what any of the settings do as I barely go into them, but I'll be sure to get more time with the game for next league so I know what it has to offer.

Great season everyone. Good luck to the playoff teams.

[quote name='Brad906']it looked like you were using manual stick control on one of the goals and I know CAGHL outlawed that...[/QUOTE]Can someone enlighten me?

I think there is a way where you can control the stick of your player and it makes scoring really easy and unstoppable. I have played someone with it once or twice...the play goes one way but the stick goes the other, the goalie doesnt know what to do and gets lit up. Its hard to explain unless you see it--actually I think there is a video tutorial on it on the game disc. Anyway I remember CAGHL came to a consensus againt it since it is pretty unfair...

On the main menu, go to About Game. The select Tutorials, Player with Puck. You will see towards the end of the video the manual stick control (shown at the end, they call it the goalie deke).

[quote name='CheapyD']Can someone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

The move is performed by either pressing L trigger and holding Y (intermediate control) or L trigger and holding B (advanced control). You can then move the puck around quickly and then shoot by letting go either Y or B. There is nothing wrong with it theory, but people usually skate toward one post while holding the puck to the other side and basically slam into the goalie, while the puck held out to the side goes right in. The goalie always lines up to block the guy and not the puck.

[quote name='repetske']The move is performed by either pressing L trigger and holding Y (intermediate control) or L trigger and holding B (advanced control). You can then move the puck around quickly and then shoot by letting go either Y or B. There is nothing wrong with it theory, but people usually skate toward one post while holding the puck to the other side and basically slam into the goalie, while the puck held out to the side goes right in. The goalie always lines up to block the guy and not the puck.[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm definitely not coordinated enough to do that. I do understand why Brad thought I was doing that. One goal had my guy skate up to the right of the goalie and then he brought it around to the middle of the crease and put it around him as he was falling down. I never noticed these animations until he put 'em in replay.

[quote name='TJordan522']Thatstoobad--whats the status of the last week? Are we ready to start playoffs soon?[/QUOTE]
playoffs should start on saturday. how everything is going to play out regarding the now two vacant slots for the playoffs is still kind of a mystery. so i'll let everyone know what's going on after i advance the schedule.

the last day to play is tomorrow, by the way.

as far as that manual deke stuff goes, i have no idea how some of those people pull it off. i tried doing it against the computer once and it wasn't a pretty sight. i've played a few people online that did it without mercy, and would light me up for 8+ goals. i haven't actually played online in kind of a while (excluding the league, obviously), since it got kind of boring playing random people who pull the same crap over and over.

maybe i'll play a game online right now and see what happens.

Well, if the playoffs start Saturday and it's gonna be a problem for you guys, I can at least stay and try to play the first round provided my opponent doesn't mind getting the game(s) in during the weekend and early in the afternoon 4th of July. Whatever works so it doesn't mess you guys up.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, if the playoffs start Saturday and it's gonna be a problem for you guys, I can at least stay and try to play the first round provided my opponent doesn't mind getting the game(s) in during the weekend and early in the afternoon 4th of July. Whatever works so it doesn't mess you guys up.[/QUOTE]
the only way i think it would be a good idea for you to play the first round is if i thought you had no chance of winning, but based on the results of the last few games, you seem to have a good chance to move on past the first round, and maybe even the finals. if you won the first round then had to go, it would probably cause a bigger problem, so i'm going to replace you prior to starting the playoffs, which kind of sucks.

i wish there was some way to play exhibition games using our teams from this league with our teams with our current rosters.

[quote name='thatstoobad']the only way i think it would be a good idea for you to play the first round is if i thought you had no chance of winning, but based on the results of the last few games, you seem to have a good chance to move on past the first round, and maybe even the finals. if you won the first round then had to go, it would probably cause a bigger problem, so i'm going to replace you prior to starting the playoffs, which kind of sucks.

i wish there was some way to play exhibition games using our teams from this league with our teams with our current rosters.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sucks that I'm gonna miss it. No problem...someone take the Avs to the Finals for me!!!!

BTW, I had to cancel my old Live GT tonight, so I hope that doesn't cause you any problems as far as replacing me. Apologies beforehand if it does, I had no choice.

Everyone in this league, please add me if I didn't already send you a Friend Request. My new GT is the same as my user name here. Thanks...great playing with you guys.

ok, i'm about to advance the schedule to begin the playoffs, but before i do, i wanted to make a post about what i want to have happen, which is hopefully be able to change the order of the playoffs and such (though i have a feeling i won't be able to).

after removing atlanta and colorado from the standings, here's how i hope to make the playoffs shape up (based on final standings and tie breakers):

st. louis (1) vs. tampa bay (8)
rangers (2) vs. islanders (7)
phoenix (3) vs. flyers (6)
boston (4) vs. montreal (5)

it kind of sucks that i have to ignore the 3rd and 4th place teams, but oh well.

it probably doesn't matter, as i'm sure everything will get totally fucked up once i advance the schedule. i'm about to, so let's see what happens.

well, i fucked it up. miserably. apparently, if i had droppped stevemcq from the league prior to advancing the schedule, everything would have worked out just fine, but i wasn't thinking, and as such it's screwed up (since there is no way to unadvance the schedule). it's not too bad, but it could have worked, which sucks. i apologize to everyone.

anyways, here's how it's going to happen (in beautiful lemon chiffon):

st. louis (1) vs. flyers (8)
rangers (2) vs. islanders (7)
colorado (3) vs. montreal (6)
boston (4) vs. phoenix (5)

so, the obvious problem here is that colorado is still in the picture, but without an owner. the way to solve the problem is to drop stevemcq from the league, and i also dropped gomerv1 from his team. since he won't be able to use tampa bay in the playoffs, he may as well be able to use the avalanche.

gomer1andonly declined to play, as he isn't sure he'll be able to, so whoever is interested as playing as colorado, please PM me or post here. just be sure you'll be able to get your games in.

the schedule will be advanced as soon as all games are played.
the series SHOULD be best 2 out of 3. at least i think so. if it ends up being best 3 out of 5, sorry, but it was a long time ago and i don't remember.

I'll take em if someone can post me a link to a page that explains how to do the moves that always beat me. :) Seriously, I'm into doing it, but I hate winning or losing by chance more than my skill it seems. I'm better than some of those 10 point beatings I've taken and I'm not as good as games I've won by that much. I need to read up on strategies if anyone has any links or anything.

But yeah I can probably do it. I'll get you a more definitive answer tomorrow.

bread's done
Back