CAGHL II: TURBO ***Rangers Win the Championship***

Hopefully you can take over the Avs Matt. Getting goals with this team shouldn't be too terribly hard. And defensively, they aren't too bad. Just be on the lookout for the one-timers from cross-ice passes. Aebischer isn't too terribly quick when he comes across the crease.

I must admit, I had no idea how to play this team in the beginning, but once I got the time in later into the season, the game just got that much better. From Kariya and Selanne's speed on the rush, to Forsberg and Sakic's nimbleness around the crease and to Blake's defensive presence, this team's gonna be a blast to play.

I call the Avalanche for future hockey leagues.

Yeah, I think I do. Sakic's all the way on the 3rd line as well.

I'm not sure how Guerin ended up on my team though. I thought he was on Dallas before, so either my roster knowledge is limited or I traded for him sometime over the season and forgot.

Alright.... so i'm facing Matt in the first round :/

Let me know when you can play man, i'm home all day today (monday 4th of july)

later

ok, so hopefully everything is set now. i sent matt the league invite, so as long as the ESPN site doesn't fail, once he accepts the invite we should be ready to get the games going.

Well, Shadowcat and I played our series. Game 1 never got underway, as the connection was lost before the drop of the puck. After going up 4-1, Shadowcat held on for a 4-3 win in Game 2. We played Game 1 as an exhibition, and I was able to pull off a 5-4 OT win. However, in Game 3, Shadowcat won in a close 6-4 game.
Great series, and good luck to everyone else in the playoffs!

[quote name='TJordan522']Well, Shadowcat and I played our series. Game 1 never got underway, as the connection was lost before the drop of the puck. After going up 4-1, Shadowcat held on for a 4-3 win in Game 2. We played Game 1 as an exhibition, and I was able to pull off a 5-4 OT win. However, in Game 3, Shadowcat won in a close 6-4 game.
Great series, and good luck to everyone else in the playoffs![/QUOTE]

good game TJ!

Ultimate Matt X and I played game 1 of our series last night, and it was a close one. Matt scored 4 goals in the first period and was able to hold on to his lead for the rest of the game. My team scored 3 goals but it was a little too late. Final score: 4-3

We should be able to finish our series tonight.

Great game Matt!

Good game too Meth.

Yeah, the Avalanche seem to move at twice the speed the Bluejackets do. I didn't really do anything different in play, but they seemed to help me keep up on defense and finally start making one timers again, which is about the only way I can ever score. :)

I'm looking forward to play in the next season, but unfortunately, i won't be much free to play this summer. I'll definitely be back for a new season this fall. I've had a blast in the caghl.

Yeah man good game today. Also, a possible warning to others playing today. Meth and I had crazy lag. Probably just something in our connections, but it could be ESPN acting up or something so you may want to watch for that.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah man good game today. Also, a possible warning to others playing today. Meth and I had crazy lag. Probably just something in our connections, but it could be ESPN acting up or something so you may want to watch for that.[/QUOTE]
yeah, it took me and cheapy about 5 tried to get a game going. it would start, but then the connection would randomly drop. luckily i was able to reset the ones that produced a result.

we ended up getting our games in, and both were very very close. cheapy nearly tied the game with 30 seconds left, but had it clank off the post. the second game was also very tight, but i was lucky enough to squeek out a win.

as far as a new league, i'd be ok with it, but it should be pretty short and i would prefer to not have to be the one to set it up. but let's wait until this one is over first.

[quote name='thatstoobad']as far as a new league, i'd be ok with it, but it should be pretty short and i would prefer to not have to be the one to set it up. but let's wait until this one is over first.[/QUOTE]

I certainly don't want to steal the thunder of this league. I was merely mentioning a new one so that people would keep an eye out once this one is over. I will happily manage it since I no longer have a job that requires travel. But no more talk of that for now. Game on!

Nice series Brad. I thought you really had the momentum going into the third period. I just got lucky since your guys seemed to think it would be cooler to see how many times they could hit the post instead of score ;).

Yeah, that was a really fun game. It's too bad my guys were too cool to score and went for the posts instead...lol wow 6 posts.
But it was a lot of fun, you played really well and Jagr was a beast. Good game and good luck in the next round!

Not to get off topic again, but anyway...
For the next season, should we maybe do a short season to last the summer with only a few teams? Since it seems like maybe not everyone will be available to play during the summer (ex: METH) I think we should set up like an 7-8 week season followed by playoffs to hold us over (which would end around the start of September) . Then we should start another massive 26ish game season again in the fall to last through the whole year.
Does that sound good to everyone? And I know sighlintbob and repetske want to run the season, but if you guys don't want to do both I would enjoy doing one of them.

Hey thatstoobad. Are you going to go ahead and advance the schedule today? If you can, I think tonight is the best time for me and Ultimate Matt X to play.

TJordan, let's hold off on any more discussions for now.

ok i advanced the schedule to round two. it kind of sucks that i have to play shadowcat/sighlintbob. oh well, maybe i'll pull it off.

for those keeping track, here's the second round:

blues vs. bruins
rangers vs. avalanche

[quote name='thatstoobad']it kind of sucks that i have to play shadowcat/sighlintbob. oh well, maybe i'll pull it off.[/QUOTE]

Better you than me. I also love how the guy with one loss is concerned over playing someone, but I understand how you feel. I was hoping to stay away from both of you in the bracket.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok i advanced the schedule to round two. it kind of sucks that i have to play shadowcat/sighlintbob. oh well, maybe i'll pull it off.

for those keeping track, here's the second round:

blues vs. bruins
rangers vs. avalanche[/QUOTE]

oh yea, i'm keeping track... good luck to all participants *cough* except Repetske *cough* !

:p

Damn Canadians. Oops. I mean Candadiens. How's that Far Cry Demo coming along? I'm kind of excited to give that a try since I enjoyed the PC game so much. I had to cheat to finish though. It was pretty hard.

Bump and nice series Matt. So far the seeds have played out perfectly. In theory that doesn't bode well for sighlintbob, but it's hard to bet against him.

Hey thatstoobad,
sighlintbob/shadowcat is having cable tv and internet problems right now. Hopefully they will be working in the next few minutes. If you can meet him at 10:15, he'll try to make it. If he's not there, don't wait around and hopefully everything will be back up tomorrow if you can play then.

Now that the NHL is coming back...
Every year, I run a Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey League. Anyone interested if I started a CAG league this year? It's pretty fun. If you're up for it, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an invite as soon as it's ready.
There's a live draft and everything online in sort of a chat room form...it's very very fun.

well, after a hard fought season, two teams have emerged:

nhlfinals-vi.jpg

the new york rangers and st. louis blues will battle in the first ever CAG Cup finals.

the blues had an astonishing season, suffering only one loss. that loss, though, was at the hands of the new york rangers. this should be an interesting final series.

Nice series Thatstoobad! I thought I might be able to even things up on the 2nd game, but it was not meant to be. I still can't believe I actually had a chance to tie the game with seconds left. Good luck in the finals....oh and good luck to you too repetske.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Nice series Thatstoobad! I thought I might be able to even things up on the 2nd game, but it was not meant to be. I still can't believe I actually had a chance to tie the game with seconds left. Good luck in the finals....oh and good luck to you too repetske.[/QUOTE]

Thanks it means so much, jerk. ;) This should be an interesting series. Where is that damn watch mode I keep talking about? It better be in 2k6. . . but I know it won't be.

[quote name='thatstoobad']well, after a hard fought season, two teams have emerged:

nhlfinals-vi.jpg

the new york rangers and st. louis blues will battle in the first ever CAG Cup finals.

the blues had an astonishing season, suffering only one loss. that loss, though, was at the hands of the new york rangers. this should be an interesting final series.[/QUOTE]

If thatstoobad wins.. this means this whole season is fixed :p

[quote name='METH']If thatstoobad wins.. this means this whole season is fixed :p[/QUOTE]
well duh, why else would i want to be the one running the season?

Great series thatstoobad. 2 OT games. I guess it couldn't be any other way. Thanks for running the league. It was a lot of fun.

well, repetske took the chapionship series 2 games to none. i should have had the second game, but the stupid referee awarded a penelty shot to a man who was skating away from the net. either way, it was two very close games, and though i would have liked to have taken the wins, they were two enjoyable games (though they would have been far more enjoyable had i actually won).

good job repetske, and thanks to everyone who actually tried to get your games in week to week. hopefully we'll be able to do something similar next year, where i'll have my revenge on mr. silencer.

at least i get to watch a new family guy now.

Awesome...congrats Repetske! Congrats to thatstoobad as well on a great season. Thanks for running the league also.
So what does Repetske win? The CAG Cup and a CAG T-Shirt?
Also, I think Repetske is having a short 8-10 game season to hold us over till 2K6 comes out, right?

[quote name='thatstoobad']at least i get to watch a new family guy now.[/QUOTE]

Doh! My victory is bitter-sweet since I left the house to pick up dinner and missed the new family guy.

[quote name='repetske']Doh! My victory is bitter-sweet since I left the house to pick up dinner and missed the new family guy.[/QUOTE]

Congrats man!
...and thanks to thatstoobad for a great season and for bustin' your ass for the last 10 months running this league.

Now, let's see that caghl cup !

[quote name='TJordan522']So what does Repetske win? The CAG Cup and a CAG T-Shirt?
Also, I think Repetske is having a short 8-10 game season to hold us over till 2K6 comes out, right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I will make a CAG Cup (expect it to look cheap ass, of course!) and will send out a shirt too.

Congrats and thanks to the CAGHL for saving hockey this season!

[quote name='TJordan522']Any news on the new league we wanted to get going to hold us over for 2K6?[/QUOTE]

check the board under the new Summer League topic

bread's done
Back