CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

Hey man, I sent you 2 messages and a game invite and nothing after 20 mins... my guess is you are watching the Kansas game... let's set a time after 8 PM EST for tonight. I gotta run out for an hour right now, lemme know.

Yeah, I was online, but was watching the game.sorry. That works for me. msg me anytime after the game and I will most likely be on, playing RTTS...

good game run...

I have one major problem with the online play... I gave up 16(!) hit, mainly because when I select the pitch, and then press the button again to start the pitch meter, it disappears and i just throw a lob over. It happened on about 75% of my pitches. Luckily the changeup was a good pitch even with this problem.

It didn't really impact the game, I only scored one run, but I hope it's not always like that...

Anyone else have this problem...

Other than that, it was pretty lag-free.

GG Vega!! That was a lot of fun, not too laggy, but still fun. That pinch hit home run in the top of the 12th sure was nice... Then the 3 run dinger in the same inning sealed it in a great pitchers duel we had going on. We both had out SP's in the 12th, lol.

GG overall though.

I had the same problem, I would select a pitch and it would'nt let me select the velocity or anything, and ended up being a meatball. kinda weird.

[quote name='fusionstyle']Hey BasketCase, do you have free time to play today? Send me a PM to set a time.
[/QUOTE]

pm sent, get back to me asap.

GG Ryno, the lag did kinda suck though, I wonder if the quick play think works. Our games was really close until I had that huge 8th inning.

Yea, I have a feeling the lag is something that the developers need to take care of with a patch. Most of us are having these problems so it can't just be internet connections. I play on my 360 online just fine. Paradise City on PS3 runs great online as well. I don't get it.

It was a good game overall tho. I really let myself get blown out of the water there at the end tho. Heh. It would help if I could get one freakin' man across the plate! At least I kept it tight until the end.

We should try the quick play since I recall people saying that worked out better.

I think the quick play has to be enabled in the Comish settings, and only he can do it. I would like to try it though, I hate waiting through the freaking cut scenes for online games, it slows down the game, and makes games harder to get in b/c they take longer, now if it was my RTTS guy or chise' then that's another story.

I got online to check out the league I'm running and this one as they are my two priority leagues.

I apologize for being the only game that hasn't been done yet, despite it not being my fault. Yellow has completely avoided all contact with me. I'd love to have had a perfect week one, yet it will have evaded us this week unless Yellow just magically appears after his hiatus to actually want to play. God I hate flakes. rant off/

[quote name='DestroVega']yeah who am I up with this week?[/quote]

I think I'm facing you this week. Wanna try for tomorrow at 8 pm EST?

[quote name='TheRock88']I think I'm facing you this week. Wanna try for tomorrow at 8 pm EST?[/quote]

Ah... I got hockey at 8 tomorrow... I could do 10PM?... or Thursday sometime.

[quote name='DestroVega']Ah... I got hockey at 8 tomorrow... I could do 10PM?... or Thursday sometime.[/quote]

Alright, lets try for Thursday at 8.

[quote name='RawisJericho']runpuddrun, what days/nights this week are best for you to play?[/quote]
any night this week, tomorrow night works best for me though... If it has to wait until fri or sat night, it would have to be late, or sunday during the day or night, basically, almost anytime, lol

[quote name='RynoZebz']I think I'm up against Crash next. What times suit you?[/quote]
How about Thursday night? What time zone are you in? I'm thinking about 7 PM PST for Thursday.

[quote name='runpuddrun']any night this week, tomorrow night works best for me though... If it has to wait until fri or sat night, it would have to be late, or sunday during the day or night, basically, almost anytime, lol[/quote]

How about Sunday night around 6:30 CST?

I'll have to get back with you on Thursday. I'm not sure if I'll be home. I usually don't play games until the later part of the evening as I work 11-8 and have a 45 minute drive home. What about tomorrow night? Wed night at say 10ish? I'm in the central time zone.

not sure how... but I got a win for never playing a game against my opponent... O well I cant complain...

I had a challenge sent to him while he was online and he never accepted it, maybe thats why?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']not sure how... but I got a win for never playing a game against my opponent... O well I cant complain...

I had a challenge sent to him while he was online and he never accepted it, maybe thats why?[/quote]

Was that "win" over ItsjustChris? I Pm'd Frisky about that weird little bug. Hopefully we will be able to get our game in fine.

[quote name='TheRock88']Alright, lets try for Thursday at 8.[/quote]

Sounds good... Thursday night at 8... Pedro returns to Fenway to battle Dice-K which will probably be the only game I get to use him!

I said in my PM I took the Mets against my better judgement.

Sunday evening might work. Thursday would work but it'd have to be significantly later as I won't be getting home for some time after that. Saturday during the day is fine but the night is taken... that is assuming no one comes to look at our house (it's for sale).

[quote name='cartman58']Was that "win" over ItsjustChris? I Pm'd Frisky about that weird little bug. Hopefully we will be able to get our game in fine.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that, but I guess it's another unwritten rule.

Ryno: Ahh, late Thursday would be fine for me, how about 10 PM PST (12 AM CST) or is that too late for you?

Captain I am good for a game anytime during this weekend during the day. Around the night I usually go out. Also tomorrow if we can get in a game before 7pm I can do that too.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']not sure how... but I got a win for never playing a game against my opponent... O well I cant complain...

I had a challenge sent to him while he was online and he never accepted it, maybe thats why?[/quote]

That's weird.. I wish they gave you a popup during any in-game modes for challenges cause I was playing Road to the Show while you sent me the challenge. Oh well...

[quote name='ruffinra']Captain I am good for a game anytime during this weekend during the day. Around the night I usually go out. Also tomorrow if we can get in a game before 7pm I can do that too.[/quote]

If you're on the east coast, then I can probably get a game in before 7. What time between 3PM and 7PM would you wanna get our game in?

I'm central time so I could start our game around 5:30 which would be 6:30 for you if that works. If not I could possibly get the game in at 6pm your time as well but 6:30 would work better. Just let me know.

[quote name='ruffinra']I'm central time so I could start our game around 5:30 which would be 6:30 for you if that works. If not I could possibly get the game in at 6pm your time as well but 6:30 would work better. Just let me know.[/quote]

Yeah sure, 6:30 is cool. Hopefully I don't pass out before then lol.

Hey supreme I am assuming that you passed out, I will be around all weekend so try and give me a time you can make it then

Nice game Rock.... lag was great for me this game, and the pitching meter actually worked 75% of the time... good comeback at the end man, i was getting nervous after that outfield mishap.

GG Destro. I agree on the lag, only had 1 or 2 hiccups throughout the entire game but everything was great. Your offense absolutely owned poor Dice-K.

I'm central time so I could start our game around 5:30 which would be 6:30 for you if that works. If not I could possibly get the game in at 6pm your time as well but 6:30 would work better. Just let me know.

[quote name='ruffinra']I'm central time so I could start our game around 5:30 which would be 6:30 for you if that works. If not I could possibly get the game in at 6pm your time as well but 6:30 would work better. Just let me know.[/quote]

Yeah sure, 6:30 is cool. Hopefully I don't pass out before then lol.

Hey supreme I am assuming that you passed out, I will be around all weekend so try and give me a time you can make it then

Nice game Rock.... lag was great for me this game, and the pitching meter actually worked 75% of the time... good comeback at the end man, i was getting nervous after that outfield mishap.

GG Destro. I agree on the lag, only had 1 or 2 hiccups throughout the entire game but everything was great. Your offense absolutely owned poor Dice-K.

Damn cartman, that was a good game. I cried when Chipper hit that home run. I knew that was gonna be the dagger. Congrats on your win, man.

bread's done
Back