CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

[quote name='DeskLaser']How late do you have to play on Friday? I can be available anytime except from 4 PM - 10:30 or 11 PM Eastern time.[/quote]

I guess we have to play at 1030 or 11... i have to work until 7

unless we can push the game into next week, which i assume we cant?

Good game Laser?... I dunno if u had a ton of lag but I had none, which might have been a huge factor...

I'm am on vacation until the 19th, so whoever my next opponent is, figure a Sunday matchup at any time you can... lemme know. adios folks!

I didn't have any lag, I'm just that much of a noob at baseball games, lol. At least I got one run, in the 9th, woohoo :lol:. Did you run to third while the 2nd baseman had the ball to give me the double play that I messed up when I thought the shortstop touched the bag? If you did, thanks. My infielders were catching nothing today, ground balls flew right past them all day. Also, when I hit that bunt, that was completely me pressing the wrong button, but it still worked out, got to first, hehe.

Not sure what happened, but during my game with Supreme, I got kicked out to the XMB during one of my at bats in the middle of the game. Seems that the game's still open, so if you want to try again tonight, if you have the time, or try again tomorrow, let me know.

I'm pissed though since I had a great game going after striking out three in a row to get out of a based loaded situation while being up 2-0.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not sure what happened, but during my game with Supreme, I got kicked out to the XMB during one of my at bats in the middle of the game. Seems that the game's still open, so if you want to try again tonight, if you have the time, or try again tomorrow, let me know.

I'm pissed though since I had a great game going after striking out three in a row to get out of a based loaded situation while being up 2-0.[/quote]

Yeah, that really pissed me off, haha. I was flipping out when that inning ended. On the other hand, I had a ton of strikeouts with Contreras of all people.

I'll see what happens tonight. If I'm free, then I'll send you a PM. If not, then the same time tomorrow would be cool too.

Try again tomorrow and if he still doesn't respond, let me know. You'll get the win when the game goes unresolved and he'll be booted for skipping out on for three weeks now.

Me and RawisJericho were suppose to play today but I have to forfeit because my internet has been crapping on me all weekend. Kicks me out of PSN after about 2 min of signing in.

GG Hitman, it really sucks that glitch happened in the second inning. Thats why I ran to second on purpose so you could get an out which hurt me but I thought it was unfair for me to have an extra baserunner. I know my bullpen work at the end was a little crazy but me being a die hard cards fan I know duncan and ludwick struggle with lefties. You really had me scared there with the leadoff double in the 9th. Again, GG.

[quote name='ruffinra']GG Hitman, it really sucks that glitch happened in the second inning. Thats why I ran to second on purpose so you could get an out which hurt me but I thought it was unfair for me to have an extra baserunner. I know my bullpen work at the end was a little crazy but me being a die hard cards fan I know duncan and ludwick struggle with lefties. You really had me scared there with the leadoff double in the 9th. Again, GG.[/quote]

Yeah good game. I really hate this lag. Our game was the best performing one I had but it was not smooth all the time. Everything will be pretty good, then a lag spike would hit and freeze the action and screw up my timing.

I've never seen that bug before. Is it online only?

[quote name='runpuddrun']Y3llow still did not respond...[/quote]

I saw him sign on PSN yesterday and sent him a message about what's going on. I told him to basically check this thread because he's about to be booted. If he doesn't play his game or post here, then I guess he's a lost cause.

Not sure what the hell happened, but at least the game gave out a decision this time, which went against me. :whistle2:( Oh well, hopefully things can turn around for me this week. Good two half-games, Supreme. It's too bad we couldn't finish either one.

This kicking me out to the XMB thing is annoying. I don't know where the hell that came from. I'm pissed we couldn't actually finish the game. I rather play the whole thing rather than just get a win for a disconnect. I guess your internet couldn't handle Jose Contreras' pitching. :whistle2:k

Oh well, good couple of innings.

Still waiting on fusionstyle to get our game in. As long as you can start our game by 11PM EST, I'll be there, I haven't heard back from you about a time you're available yet. PM me when you get a chance.

Crap! My connection died in the third inning of our game. And it gave me a loss? Well that sucks, I would've thought we'd be able to restart our game from the beginning, or maybe even start it from where we were. Shit. fucking Comcast.

when does the next week start? Im hoping to get mine in with whomever I play before friday morning... i need to go away for a funeral :(

[quote name='mrlogical']Crap! My connection died in the third inning of our game. And it gave me a loss? Well that sucks, I would've thought we'd be able to restart our game from the beginning, or maybe even start it from where we were. Shit. fucking Comcast.[/quote]

Yeah.. I was hoping we could resume our game from where we left off. That's something that has to be resolved for MLB 09, or at least a patch would do.

[quote name='runpuddrun']So did anyone ever hear or see Y3llow online? When does week4 start?[/quote]

Dude, yellow bitched out in week 1. If you've got him just take the week off and catch some sun or something.

Yellow's been kicked and here's the schedule/matchups for this week:

San Diego Padres (mrlogical) at Atlanta Braves (cartman58)
Pitching Matchup: Randy Wolf vs Tom Glavine

Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho) at Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser)
Pitching Matchup: Ryan Dempster vs Adam Loewen

Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080) at Chicago White Sox (Supreme)
Pitching Matchup: Manny Para vs John Danks

LA Dodgers (fusionstyle) at Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz)
Pitching Matchup: Esteban Loaiza vs Mark Redman

New York Mets (DestroVega) at Detroit Tigers (ruffinra)
Pitching Matchup: Mike Pelfrey vs Dontrelle Willis

New York Yankees (GiantYankees) at Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: Mike Mussina vs Kyle Kendrick

Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki) at St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)
Pitching Matchup: Paul Byrd vs Todd Wellemeyer

Off this week: Boston Red Sox (TheRock_88)

[quote name='cartman58']mrlogical, name the time and place.[/quote]

How about Saturday afternoon, like 2PM EST? If that doesn't work, I can do pretty much any time between 11AM-6PM Saturday, and more like 11AM-11PM Sunday (all EST).

[quote name='mrlogical']How about Saturday afternoon, like 2PM EST? If that doesn't work, I can do pretty much any time between 11AM-6PM Saturday, and more like 11AM-11PM Sunday (all EST).[/quote]

That'll work. Girlfriend and I will be looking after my sister's baby then. It'll be perfect since I don't do much of the babysitting. 2 will be fine, unless you would prefer earlier. We babysit from around 8am-3. So anytime during that time is fine.

[quote name='runpuddrun']
Giantyankee, when do you want to play? I am free most days....[/quote]

I kind of think he might've jumped ship too. We were supposed to play last week. I've only played 1 game in 3 weeks in this league. I guess I just drew the bad blood first. Looking forward to actually playing some ball.

[quote name='runpuddrun']fuck. If I don't get to play 2 weeks in a row I will be royally pissed. I joined this league to PLAY games, not win by default.[/quote]

Don't worry. Next week I saw that you've got me. You'll get more than you asked for.:hot:....:lol:

[quote name='cartman58']Don't worry. Next week I saw that you've got me. You'll get more than you asked for.:hot:....:lol:[/quote]Count me not scared. ;)

[quote name='runpuddrun']Count me not scared. ;)[/quote]

Heh. Well, I'm looking forward to actually playing some ball from here on out.

I see that Frisky booted Yellow, so everyone got their free win for it. I'm not top of the division now. :cry:

[quote name='cartman58']That'll work. Girlfriend and I will be looking after my sister's baby then. It'll be perfect since I don't do much of the babysitting. 2 will be fine, unless you would prefer earlier. We babysit from around 8am-3. So anytime during that time is fine.[/quote]

Hmm let's do Noon on Saturday then. See you then.

Can I request a boot from the league and just choose to lose the rest of my games? lol I'm only hanging in this thing for the rest of you. My internet and this game just don't seem to get along at all.

Vega I can get my game in any day before monday. Monday through Wed I will be out of town so let me know what works for you?

Wow...2 players out, and one requesting to be bounced? Good thing you guys didn't let me join. It's not like I play the game at least 5 days a week or anything :roll:

[quote name='mrlogical']Hmm let's do Noon on Saturday then. See you then.[/quote]

We still on? I'm online and ready whenever you make it.

I'll be there in just a minute, forgot I have to do the system update first. Shouldn't be more than a couple minutes.

[quote name='cartman58']We still on? I'm online and ready whenever you make it.[/quote]

[quote name='mrlogical']I'll be there in just a minute, forgot I have to do the system update first. Shouldn't be more than a couple minutes.[/quote]

No problem. Just glad you remembered. See you in a few.

Hmm..What happened?

I'm still on there if you want to hop back on. The game was playing glitchy as hell and you were just slapping the hell out of the ball. It didn't count the game though so we can start again.

Christ, I don't know why this keeps happening, my internet connection just died. Two bad I lost all those runs, but thank god this time it didnt just give me a lost. Be back in one second, hopefully it doesn't do this again (though I'm beginning to have my doubts).

[quote name='mrlogical']Christ, I don't know why this keeps happening, my internet connection just died. Two bad I lost all those runs, but thank god this time it didnt just give me a lost. Be back in one second, hopefully it doesn't do this again (though I'm beginning to have my doubts).[/quote]

You on a router that keeps resetting or something?

Well, gg I guess. Sorry that it cut you out again. You played a lot better than the 4-1 score. In the first attempt you got up 3-0 and got cut. In the 2nd attempt you were playing well but only put up 1 run and it cuts you in the 5th when Glavine was starting to really get tired. I was going to have to pull him in the 6th.

Hopefully you can google something on how to fix your internet.

But what the hell just happened now? I assumed that it was my connection again when we disconnected, by my connection was actually still up (never got a "signed out of PSN" message, my computer connection still worked). But it looks like it gave me both a win and a loss? Somehow I'm 2-3, when I believe I started this game 1-2. I need to really try to fix this before next week's game, assuming this was my connection's fault it's not fair of me to inflict this on everyone else. But yeah, good game, I was having fun for those parts of it that we were able to play. Sorry for the inconvenience.

bread's done
Back