CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

[quote name='mrlogical']But what the hell just happened now? I assumed that it was my connection again when we disconnected, by my connection was actually still up (never got a "signed out of PSN" message, my computer connection still worked). But it looks like it gave me both a win and a loss? Somehow I'm 2-3, when I believe I started this game 1-2. I need to really try to fix this before next week's game, assuming this was my connection's fault it's not fair of me to inflict this on everyone else. But yeah, good game, I was having fun for those parts of it that we were able to play. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/quote]

Weird. It only gave me a win.

Yea, you're a solid player. I'm 4-0 but guarantee I'm not the best person in this league. If it hadn't crapped out the first time I have little doubt you would've won. I was on tilt, BAD.

[quote name='ruffinra']Vega I can get my game in any day before monday. Monday through Wed I will be out of town so let me know what works for you?[/quote]

lemme know what time u wanna play tomorrow... Sunday.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The win came from Yellow's booting.[/quote]

Actually, no it didn't. I played Yellow in week 1. I already had my walk-over for him. When you booted him and gave everyone their win for their games with him, I didn't get one because our series was already resolved.

[quote name='cartman58']Actually, no it didn't. I played Yellow in week 1. I already had my walk-over for him. When you booted him and gave everyone their win for their games with him, I didn't get one because our series was already resolved.[/quote]
I know. I was refering to where mrlogical's win came from since everybody will have 5 wins/losses at the end of week 4.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I know. I was refering to where mrlogical's win came from since everybody will have 5 wins/losses at the end of week 4.[/quote]

Ahh ok. You didn't quote so I just assumed you were talking to me since I was the last one to post about that.

Great game vega, I was so angry at myself for making my Guillen run home that last inning but Jacque Jones made up for it. That is the second time he has hit a game winner for me in this league.

[quote name='ruffinra']Great game vega, I was so angry at myself for making my Guillen run home that last inning but Jacque Jones made up for it. That is the second time he has hit a game winner for me in this league.[/quote]

Yeah, both my losses have been in deep extra innings... I'm actually kind of glad you hit that homer, that game could still be going on. I can't believe Jones hit that out though, inside low slider from a sidearm pitcher... wowza.

Great game in any case, I still can't believe Andy Chavez didn't catch that ball that went for a triple in the 7th inning.

[quote name='RynoZebz']Can I request a boot from the league and just choose to lose the rest of my games? lol I'm only hanging in this thing for the rest of you. My internet and this game just don't seem to get along at all.[/quote]

Aw... Sorry, I wasn't able to reply til now. I've been way busy as of late, but I'm sorry to hear that you want out of the league. I think the game is laggy on everyone's end, no matter how good your connection is. I mean, you'll get a good connection from time to time, but not most of the time.

[quote name='fusionstyle']Aw... Sorry, I wasn't able to reply til now. I've been way busy as of late, but I'm sorry to hear that you want out of the league. I think the game is laggy on everyone's end, no matter how good your connection is. I mean, you'll get a good connection from time to time, but not most of the time.[/quote]

Yeah, it's just been frustrating for the most part. And I'd rather spend my gaming time playing other stuff at the moment. But I can spare and hour a week if that means making everyone else happy. Heh.

So if they won't let me our then I'm up for playing out game. Just let me know what times are good for you. Tomorrow night would be good. Later the better for me. Let me kno.

[quote name='RynoZebz']Yeah, it's just been frustrating for the most part. And I'd rather spend my gaming time playing other stuff at the moment. But I can spare and hour a week if that means making everyone else happy. Heh.

So if they won't let me our then I'm up for playing out game. Just let me know what times are good for you. Tomorrow night would be good. Later the better for me. Let me kno.[/quote]

I can play tonight if you want. Around 9-10PM PST is when I'll be available.

Sorry Tanuki my roommate (who's going into the military) left yesterday so instead of his nice DLink gigabit router I was back to my Linksys POS router (WRT55AG) that just randomly drops on PS3 whenever it wants, but runs smooth on XBox. I'm definately going to have to get that DLink router soon.

I will say the online play is much better than it was before, but it's far from smooth or what the XBox has to offer (too bad it's baseball games are crap.)

Just makes me sad that if I want to ever play any game online I'm stuck with XBox even if the PS3 game (s) are better because of crappy online (see Warhawk launch, this, and MGS Online Beta debacle.)

I was jumping up and down when I hit the homer with Duncan then screaming like a madman when I had the 3-run inning to take the lead :) Then I failed again at getting a low, inside breaking pitch online again and got took yard for the tie. :(

Good game MSU. It really sucks that the connection crapped out at the top of the ninth with a tie game. You pause more than anybody I've ever seen though and the pause timer even ran out, too.

I'm noticing a trend, I think, that after you have a game with Yellow that you face GiantYankees, too. After I get week 7 off because of Yellow, I have GY after that. Strange. If he misses his next game this, TheRock, let me and he'll be kicked and I guess everybody will have two weeks off in a row during their schedule.

Cool. Lets shoot for 9pm your time which will be 11pm my time. I'll meet you online. Drop me a line on here if that works for you... or I'll just see you on there then.

That was a good game, Ryno. Man, I was hoping for a comeback after that Andruw Jones homerun. lol... but you held it well. Kudos.

Yea! That was a great game! It was close even until the end! I found it to be laggy at first but it really cleared up the longer we seemed to play. I went to go make sure no one else was connected to the internet at my house when I first started the game. It went pretty well tho! I was pleasantly surprised! Thanks for playing and best of luck on your next game!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'] You pause more than anybody I've ever seen though and the pause timer even ran out, too. [/quote]

Sorry I'm always making sure I have someone ready in the bullpen. And since L2 isn't an option online like it is against the CPU, I have to hit start. For a second it looked like Wellemeyer wasn't going to get out of the first, that's why I paused in the first.

Every single pause I did was either to start/stop someone throwing in the bullpen, looking at your batting order, or putting in a pinch hitter. I tried to hurry as fast as I could.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry I'm always making sure I have someone ready in the bullpen. And since L2 isn't an option online like it is against the CPU, I have to hit start. For a second it looked like Wellemeyer wasn't going to get out of the first, that's why I paused in the first.

Every single pause I did was either to start/stop someone throwing in the bullpen, looking at your batting order, or putting in a pinch hitter. I tried to hurry as fast as I could.[/quote]
It's cool. I wasn't accusing you of anything, just found it funny that you paused so much.

fusion, when do you wanna play our game for week 5? I'm off Friday so anything Thursday night or Friday afternoon is good for me.

[quote name='runpuddrun']GiantYankees still has not been on here, 2 weeks in a row that my opponent has flaked on me. I would like to actually play a game...[/quote]

Run, let me know when you want to play. I've got a pretty accomodating schedule, so give me a few dates that are good and we'll make it happen. Thanks.

where is the week 5 schedule? didn't know we played cartman. I can play pretty much every night, Friday, sat during the day, sunday during the day or night...

Schedule/starting matchups for this week:

Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho)
Pitching Matchup: Nate Robertson vs Jason Marquis

New York Mets (DestroVega) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Pitching Matchup: Nelson Figueroa vs Cliff Lee

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)
Pitching Matchup: Gavin Floyd vs Hiroki Kuroda

St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Pitching Matchup: Brad Thompson vs Carlos Villanueva

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at New York Yankees (GiantYankees)
Pitching Matchup: Clay Bucholz vs Ian Kennedy

Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: Jair Jurrjens vs Adam Eaton

Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz) at San Diego Padres (mrlogical)
Pitching Matchup: Franklin Morales vs Justin Germano

Off this week: Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Schedule/starting matchups for this week:

Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho)
Pitching Matchup: Nate Robertson vs Jason Marquis

New York Mets (DestroVega) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Pitching Matchup: Nelson Figueroa vs Cliff Lee

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)
Pitching Matchup: Gavin Floyd vs Hiroki Kuroda

St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Pitching Matchup: Brad Thompson vs Carlos Villanueva

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at New York Yankees (GiantYankees)
Pitching Matchup: Clay Bucholz vs Ian Kennedy

Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: Jair Jurrjens vs Adam Eaton

Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz) at San Diego Padres (mrlogical)
Pitching Matchup: Franklin Morales vs Justin Germano

Off this week: Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser)[/quote]

hmmm when i went into the league lobby it said i had no opponent?... weird...

the best days for me to play are tonight, tomorrow night or sunday during the day friksy

Basketcase I would really need to play you tonight, tomorrow, or Friday as I will be moving apartments and I can't guarantee what my internet situation is going to be like after Friday.

[quote name='DestroVega']hmmm when i went into the league lobby it said i had no opponent?... weird...

the best days for me to play are tonight, tomorrow night or sunday during the day friksy[/quote]
Sunday will probably work best for me. Any specific time you have in mind?

Alright Mr. Logical... when are you free? Time is always tight with me and I have a busy weekend ahead of me. It'd be best if we could do it Sunday night or Monday night.

[quote name='Supreme']fusion, when do you wanna play our game for week 5? I'm off Friday so anything Thursday night or Friday afternoon is good for me.[/quote]

Is sometime tonight good for ya?

Basketcase I'm sorry about the late start. My DVR went on the fritz (I think my roommate canceled the DVR service) and I wanted to watch Smallville. Thanks for waiting up.

That being said, I have to ask our commish Tanuki, what does someone have to pull in a game to get them thrown out of the league? I feel Basketcase did a number of aggregious acts and should be put on probation or something because no one should act like this big a douchebag online in a fun league for playing baseball online.

Now I know he was frustrated because I got some lucky hits in and hit 6 homers, including a grand slam, but that does not excuse his behavior. Following are the examples of that behavior:

1. Only lets you have 1/2 sec or less to pick a pitch/location before he throws a pitch. In likely pinch hitting scenarios or when pitcher is tiring, does not let you pause to get a pitcher ready.

2. After I hit some homers he began to go head hunting against my players. He hit Pujols and Ankiel twice in the head on purpose, hit Duncan on purpose in the head, and threw at my players intentionally twice in the ninth inning.

3. Once I got 2 outs in the ninth inning, he paused the game and walked away letting the timer run out on purpose. He was not doing anything in the pause menu, just paused it and walked away on purpose with 1 OUT LEFT IN THE GAME.

Now I did not pause that much, just 2 times to warmup pitchers and 2 times to call for pinch hitters when the pitcher's spot came up. Has anyone else had these problems with him? When Tanuki hit a homer to tie the game against me I didn't pull the cable or anything, I just took it like a man. When I've been getting beat bad online in sports game online I don't pause or pull the connection, I take my beating like a man, and learn from my mistakes.

BasketCase1080 you are now on my CAG Ignore List so don't even bother trying to contact me again unless it's about our next game. If I get any harrassment from you on the MLB The Show service, I will report you to Sony. If you harass me on here, I'll go straight to the mods and Cheapy.

Hopefully you will grow up someday.

[quote name='fusionstyle']Is sometime tonight good for ya?[/quote]

Looks like I missed ya. If you happen to get back on later send me a PM or PSN message. If not, let me know a time tomorrow or whatever is good for you.

[quote name='TheRock88']GiantYankees, what time is good for you?[/quote]

Most likely never. I don't think he's played a game in 3 weeks now.

wow.... A rivalry is born up there!

Frisky, 1-4 PM EST works best for me sunday, lemme know.

P.S., I know some people have complained about time you are given by another player to guess pitch and location, if you hold down the R2 trigger before the next at bat even happens, it will bring up the guess pitch and the other player can't even pitch till you select the guesses so, maybe that will help out.

P.P.S., I'm pretty pissed GiantYankees had flaked out cause I would love to have been the Yankees. that is all.

[quote name='seen']If we can ever figure out if its possible to add/drop people from leagues I'm game.[/quote]

People can be dropped. However, no one can be added once it is started.

Using sportsconnect league system is good for a few things like keeping up with stats and records. But it has very minimal flexibility in set-up and gameplay. I'm running a current league that is using the system. I'm pretty sure that we won't for season 2.

To MSU you started the game over an hr and a half late, hit 4 hrs which were balls in the dirt (check the ball locations) as well as many pitches that were out of the zone when checked on their locations yet still counted as strikes. Of course I am going to be a little peeved. Also, what is the point of putting in a closer in the 9th inning when I was already down 8 runs? Of course I just walked away when it took you like 2 mins to warm up a pitcher just to get 2 more outs?

bread's done
Back