CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

[quote name='cartman58']Yep. Good game. The lag kept you in it methinks, but it's cool. That RBI strikeout that Drew had was hilarious. God I said every word in the book when that happens.

Good luck for the rest of the season.[/quote]

Yea, that was awesome. At first I thought McCann was going to get it but the ball rolled away farther than I thought.

GL to you too.

Yes, week 7 began yesterday. If you want to know who you're playing for the current week before I update the OP, check here or here for the season schedule. You may have to login to see them, so be aware of that. Here's the schedule for the week (and tentative matchups since I haven't been able to check roster updates yet today):

Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at Boston Red Sox (TheRock88)
Pitching Matchup: Tom Glavine at Daisuke Matsuzaka

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz)
Pitching Matchup: Javier Vazquez at Aaron Cook

New York Mets (DestroVega) at LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)
Pitching Matchup: Orlando Perez at Derek Lowe

Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Pitching Matchup: Ted Lilly at Jeff Suppan

Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser) at Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: Daniel Cabrera at Brett Myers

St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at San Diego Padres (mrlogical)
Pitching Matchup: Braden Looper at Chris Young

Off this week: Detroit Tigers (ruffinra), Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)

Frisky,

Due to injuries the Braves rotation has been screwed around quite a bit. I'll give you the updated roster. Just wanted to get this fixed before someone gets pissed about who I pitch with.

1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
3. Tom Glavine
4. Jair Jurrjens
5. Generic Scrub (Can't think of his name)

Good game MSUHitman. I was a little concerned you might have thought I was being a dick when I went for my 3rd stolen base with Giles when I was up 4 in the 7th or the 8th, so I'm glad my crappy relief pitching (and your good clutch hitting) made it clear why I thought that was necessary. I definitely benefited from some risky baserunning and some close calls that luckily went my way. Hope you enjoyed it as well.

Now, to Frisky--When I went in to play my game, I noticed that for the previous week's game, I took a forfeit and Supreme got a win. I really have to protest this. I did everything I could to get my game in. I understood when I found out Supreme had been confused about when the week ended and thus didn't respond to me harassing him until the morning of the last day of the week, and even then we made plans to play that evening that required me to skip out of work early to play our game in time that I honored. But Supreme still didn't show even then. I totally understand that he had exams all week and that led him to oversleep for our scheduled time--these things happen. But if anyone should be forced to take a forfeit, it certainly shouldn't be me. Can anything be done about this? Thanks.

GG logical. Just like in VS System one little mistake costs me the win.

1. I tried to dive with Pujols and ended diving with Ludwick which turned a single into a triple in the second.
2. Glaus airmail throw in the third.
3. Chris Young gets a two-out RBI single on an 0-2 fastball away

Any one of those things fixed and it's a tie game, 2 or 3 fixed and Izzy comes knocking in the 9th. I can't believe I finally started to get some good hits late, that's only the second time I've hit a homer with Molina combining online games and offline franchise. Definately a great opponent to play against.

The general rule for unresolved games that I follow from the OP that I've had since the beginning of the season:
If you do not play your game for the week, I get to decide who wins or not, so I'll probably just toss a coin and make it as fair as possible if it's not down to one person just flaking out on the league.
It's nothing personal, just a flip of the coin. I'm not wading through testimonies to determine who's right and who's wrong, so it just gets pushed to the coin toss to be as fair as possible. If you have troubles with an opponent not responding to PM's or whatever, let me know.

[quote name='mrlogical']Now, to Frisky--When I went in to play my game, I noticed that for the previous week's game, I took a forfeit and Supreme got a win. I really have to protest this. I did everything I could to get my game in. I understood when I found out Supreme had been confused about when the week ended and thus didn't respond to me harassing him until the morning of the last day of the week, and even then we made plans to play that evening that required me to skip out of work early to play our game in time that I honored. But Supreme still didn't show even then. I totally understand that he had exams all week and that led him to oversleep for our scheduled time--these things happen. But if anyone should be forced to take a forfeit, it certainly shouldn't be me. Can anything be done about this? Thanks.[/quote]

Don't worry about it too much. If it makes you feel better, the same thing happened to me the week before our game. I kept PMing my opponent, he never showed up, and I got the loss.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The general rule for unresolved games that I follow from the OP that I've had since the beginning of the season:

It's nothing personal, just a flip of the coin. I'm not wading through testimonies to determine who's right and who's wrong, so it just gets pushed to the coin toss to be as fair as possible. If you have troubles with an opponent not responding to PM's or whatever, let me know.[/quote]

Ah, I didn't know there's a set rule. I wish I'd got a response earlier in the thread when I'd asked about defaults, if I'd known everyone gets a 50-50 shot regardless of the efforts they make I wouldn't have bothered to skip out of work early and otherwise bent over backward to get that game done. I understand the desire not to have to mediate every dispute, that's reasonable, this is just a particularly crappy outcome in my case. Oh well, hopefully I just manage to avoid being 1 game out of the playoffs. I suppose after having I think 3 losses due to my shitty Comcast connection dropping out on me, now is not the time to start getting bent out of shape over losses due to circumstances beyond my control.

Just to let you know, the pitching rotations are totally wrong.

Schilling, Orlando Hernandez and Chris Carpenter have not even pitched this year yet.

Might be better to just let everyone know to use their #2 on the depth chart when they start their game.

[quote name='DestroVega']Just to let you know, the pitching rotations are totally wrong.

Schilling, Orlando Hernandez and Chris Carpenter have not even pitched this year yet.

Might be better to just let everyone know to use their #2 on the depth chart when they start their game.[/quote]

People just need to send updated rotations in. The problem with telling people to pitch their #2 is that their opponent has no clue who that is. So I could theoretically pitch Smoltz in my #1 game and then the next week pitch him in my #2 if there is no rotation list. That's the whole point of the list.

Well to be honest I was all confused as who to pitch with because of games missed. FYI Wainright is still at the top of the rotation. Logical picked his No. 2 guy, so I picked my No. 2 guy (Looper as of right now.)

I will say it's much easier on my offline franchise having a rotation of Carpenter, Wainright, Mulder, Looper, and Clement, with my bullpen having Thompson and Wellemeyer, and Lohse, Piniero, and Reyes in the minors.

[quote name='cartman58']People just need to send updated rotations in. The problem with telling people to pitch their #2 is that their opponent has no clue who that is. So I could theoretically pitch Smoltz in my #1 game and then the next week pitch him in my #2 if there is no rotation list. That's the whole point of the list.[/quote]
The thing is that not everyone's made their own rotation, so for most everyone here, their second pitcher is the second pitcher listed in the game. That's why I add that note in the BBS, so it somebody forgets, they can make sure they know to pick their #2 pitcher just before they accept the challenge to play.

Here are the updated matchups for the week for those that have yet to play:

Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at Boston Red Sox (TheRock88)
Pitching Matchup: Tom Glavine at Daisuke Matsuzaka

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz)
Pitching Matchup: Javier Vazquez at Aaron Cook

New York Mets (DestroVega) at LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)
Pitching Matchup: Orlando Perez at Derek Lowe

Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Pitching Matchup: Ted Lilly at Jeff Suppan

Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser) at Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: Daniel Cabrera at Brett Myers

St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at San Diego Padres (mrlogical)
Pitching Matchup: Braden Looper at Chris Young

Off this week: Detroit Tigers (ruffinra), Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)

[quote name='cartman58']Frisky,

Due to injuries the Braves rotation has been screwed around quite a bit. I'll give you the updated roster. Just wanted to get this fixed before someone gets pissed about who I pitch with.

1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
3. Tom Glavine
4. Jair Jurrjens
5. Generic Scrub (Can't think of his name)[/quote]
There's an issue with this with the current rotation from the latest rosters, which is:

1. Tim Hudson
2. Tom Glavine
3. Jair Jurrjens
4. Jeff Bennett
5. Jo Jo Reyes

So you may want to tweak it and give me the rotation you'd like.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's an issue with this with the current rotation from the latest rosters, which is:

1. Tim Hudson
2. Tom Glavine
3. Jair Jurrjens
4. Jeff Bennett
5. Jo Jo Reyes

So you may want to tweak it and give me the rotation you'd like.[/quote]

Yea, they've had Smoltz out for a few weeks. He's due back at the end of May. So by the time that he is due up to pitch again, he'll be available. Hence why I sent you the rotation I did. BTW, Bennett is the #5 I couldn't think of.

[quote name='runpuddrun']if it were your choice you'd have jurrjens for all 5 slots, he is simply unbeatable in this game...[/quote]

That too. :lol:

Yes. Here's the schedule/pitching match-ups for the week:

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at Atlanta Braves (cartman58)
Pitching Matchup: Jose Contreras at Tom Glavine

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser)
Pitching Matchup: Jon Lester at Steve Trachsel

LA Dodgers (fusionstyle) at Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho)
Pitching Matchup: Chad Billingsley at Ryan Dempster

Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun) at Detroit Tigers (ruffinra)
Pitching Matchup: Jamie Moyer at Jeremy Bonderman

San Diego Padres (mrlogical) at New York Mets (DestroVega)
Pitching Matchup: Greg Maddux at John Maine

Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz) at St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)
Pitching Matchup: Ubaldo Jimenez at Kyle Lohse

Off this week: Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080), Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)

runpuddrun Let me know a good time to play a game. I am free every afternoon and night except for Thursday

[quote name='Supreme']cartman, please let me know when you wanna play.[/quote]

I'm at the beach. So I'll be out of town until Sunday. I'll PM you when I'm back in town.

I can play this afternoon, tomorrow morning or Saturday day and Sunday day or night. Set a time that's good for you and i'll let you know if it works for me. [quote name='ruffinra']runpuddrun Let me know a good time to play a game. I am free every afternoon and night except for Thursday[/quote]

Actually 11 won't work today, I have a telephone job interview at 11:30, sorry about that. Anytime this weekend works though. Just give me a time.

I was in there before you. It showed the glove that you were online but it wouldn't give me the option to challenge you. I sent you a text in-game and then decided to exit the lobby and go back in then it let me challenge you.

GG. I thought for sure I had you in the 9th when Duncan led off with a double then Pujols hit a smash up the middle but your second baseman caught it on the line and doubled Duncan off. Then with Haupe in the 10th I just threw you a fastball so I thought 0-2 you would guess changeup so I threw another fastball but up on your hands and you got around on it to make it the game-winning double.

What a great game MSUHitman! It was so tight even into the extra innings. Man, that was intense! We'll have to play again sometime even if it is just for fun and not in the league. Best of luck in the rest of your season!

EDIT : Yea, that hit by Pujols was ridiculous. I couldn't believe it. That's just bad luck. I thought you were getting ready to blow it wide open!

[quote name='Supreme']cartman, please let me know when you wanna play.[/quote]

Yo Supreme,

I'm home and will be around. Let me know when is good for you. I'd PM you, but for some reason it just won't load for me. :shrugs:

How bout Sunday evening around 8 CST or thereabouts. let me know if that is ok w/you.
[quote name='ruffinra']Actually 11 won't work today, I have a telephone job interview at 11:30, sorry about that. Anytime this weekend works though. Just give me a time.[/quote]

Just wanted to say st. louis has a thunderstorm watch until 10pm today so if I am not on at 8 cst its because my power got knocked out. It happened earlier this morning from the first thunderstorm.

GG Supreme. Crazy bad lag.

The Braves are now 8-0 and crusing after a 5-0 victory of divisional runner-up Supreme(7-3). Can anyone slow down the Fighting Tomahawks?

bread's done
Back