CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

I must have just missed you, I stayed online until around 8:20 then I signed off. Pick another time and I will be there.

Here's the schedule/match-ups for the week:

Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser)
Pitching Matchup: Jair Jurrjens at Brian Burres

Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at Boston Red Sox (TheRock88)
Pitching Matchup: Nate Robertson at Tim Wakefield

St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at Chicago White Sox (Supreme)
Pitching Matchup: Todd Wellemeyer at John Danks

New York Mets (DestroVega) at Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz)
Pitching Matchup: Mike Pelfrey at Jorge De La Rosa

Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki) at Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: Paul Byrd at Kyle Kendrick

Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho) at San Diego Padres (mrlogical)
Pitching Matchup: Jason Marquis at Shawn Estes

Off this week: Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080), LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)

looks like you got the win. oh well. [quote name='ruffinra']I must have just missed you, I stayed online until around 8:20 then I signed off. Pick another time and I will be there.[/quote]

I'm scheduled to play Rawisjericho this week, but didn't he withdraw from the league? That's what the last message he posted on this thread says. Should I bother PM'ing him about our game, or is he out?

cartman only 2 more weeks until hopefully the undefeated Tigers face the undefeated Braves. You ready for it?

[quote name='ruffinra']cartman only 2 more weeks until hopefully the undefeated Tigers face the undefeated Braves. You ready for it?[/quote]

Definitely. Hopefully there won't be lag. I was really disappointed in my game with Supreme. It was laggy and I won 5-0 over a team that is 7-2 in the league. I'm trying to think who I will have on the mound against you in 2 weeks.

Either way, it'll be a world series preview. :cool: (Just kidding)

Good game Supreme. I guess you forgot how to calculate central time :)

That was a bad break in the 9th. Good luck the rest of the year.

Heh, sorry about that. When I went to challenge you, it would just stay at 'Updating Rosters'. After trying everything for about 15 minutes, I finally got through.

Pretty much a pitchers duel in this one. I didn't want to dive for that ball thinking it would just go by him. I thought I had a chance at just running to get it, but no. I was cursing up a storm after that one. Oh well, at least our game was lag free.

Well I had a bit of lag but it wasn't too bad.

When I talked about the time I meant you showed up just before 8 central instead of 7 central. Lucky I didn't switch to the 360 and played a bit of my offline franchise then saw you sign into the PS3.

Doesn't 7PM CST = 8PM EST? I got on at about 8:15 PM EST, but because of that problem we didn't play until a little after 8:30 PM EST.

[quote name='Supreme']Doesn't 7PM CST = 8PM EST? I got on at about 8:15 PM EST, but because of that problem we didn't play until a little after 8:30 PM EST.[/quote]

Yes it does but you got on the PS3 at exactly 7:50 p.m. central, 8:50 p.m. eastern. No big deal I was just trying to make a funny.

Good game. I'm not sure what happened with that one throw home that mysteriously went awry and your runner at third was allowed to walk home.

NO idea either.pitchers duel tonight. There was some lag about the 4th or so inning, but overall, not too bad. Kendrick was on tonight ... that dinger hafner hit was weird, it was waaaay up on purpose and he still hit it out. [quote name='FriskyTanuki']Good game. I'm not sure what happened with that one throw home that mysteriously went awry and your runner at third was allowed to walk home.[/quote]

Cartman,
I can play today after 7 p.m. central, Friday after 9 p.m. central, or Saturday after 7 p.m. central. I would prefer today or Friday, and I may be able to play on Thursday but that is up in the air right now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Cartman,
I can play today after 7 p.m. central, Friday after 9 p.m. central, or Saturday after 7 p.m. central. I would prefer today or Friday, and I may be able to play on Thursday but that is up in the air right now.[/quote]

Today or Friday sounds fine. Although I do have a 50ft cable coming in so that I can hardwire my system. I have been having lag problems lately. It's your call though. It would probably make it hear tomorrow. Just let me know. If you don't care then we can just go ahead and play tonight.

[quote name='cartman58']Today or Friday sounds fine. Although I do have a 50ft cable coming in so that I can hardwire my system. I have been having lag problems lately. It's your call though. It would probably make it hear tomorrow. Just let me know. If you don't care then we can just go ahead and play tonight.[/quote]

tonight at 7 central then?

[quote name='MSUHitman']tonight at 7 central then?[/quote]

Anyway we could go at 6 central tonight(7 eastern). Hockey playoffs start at 8 eastern and I'll be hanging out with a friend. Preferably even earlier than that. I'm around all day today.

The schedule/pitching matchups for this week:

St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at
Pitching Matchup: Joel Pineiro vs Jo Jo Reyes

Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz) at Chicago Cubs (RawisJericho)
Pitching Matchup: Greg Reynolds vs Sean Gallagher

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Pitching Matchup: Bartolo Colon vs Aaron Laffey

Baltimore Orioles (DeskLaser) at Detroit Tigers (ruffinra)
Pitching Matchup: Matt Albers vs Armando Galaraga

Philiadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Pitching Matchup: Adam Eaton vs Dave Bush

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at New York Mets (DestroVega)
Pitching Matchup: Gavin Floyd vs Claudio Vargas

Off this week: San Diego Padres (mrlogical) , LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)

[quote name='cartman58']Anyway we could go at 6 central tonight(7 eastern). Hockey playoffs start at 8 eastern and I'll be hanging out with a friend. Preferably even earlier than that. I'm around all day today.[/quote]

Sorry no I worked until 6 and I just walked in the door (got busy in the afternoon today so I couldn't post.)

I can play really late tonight (if you message me on my XBox Live account) or after 8 p.m. central tomorrow or after 9 p.m. central on Friday or after 7 p.m. central on Saturday.

Argh this fuck sucks. All I was trying to do was get Franklin back to warming up in case Pujols went yard in the 9th and my game is forfeited! It should at least give the opponent the option of giving you more time.

So stupid that the game gets forfeited in the 9th with it tied at 4. That's the second time some junk happened in the late innings that cost me a possible win, the other time being my connection dropping out against Tanuki.

Good game Cartman, I thought I had your first loss there. Oh and I do make pickoff throws :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Good game Cartman, I thought I had your first loss there. Oh and I do make pickoff throws :)[/quote]

Good game.

I have a lot of comments about that game(bs luck, etc.) but I'm just going to leave it at that.

I knew you would lose the game that way when you took almost 2 minutes to make your first bullpen visit back in the 5th or whenever it was. Each visit you took a looong time to get things done. When it was in the 9th and you had 40 seconds I knew there was no way you would make it unless you left the same pitcher in for the rest of the game which would make victory inevitable guessing I could hold you to zero runs for 2 innings or so, because Ryan had already been on the mound for 2 innings.

Either way, good game. I've really got to get in the cages and learn to hit again before I play Beach_O or it's going to be a Loooooong game. I only got 4 runs this game because you are pretty predictable.

[quote name='DestroVega']Supreme... when can you play?[/quote]

Anytime basically. Give me a date and time that's good for you.

[quote name='Supreme']Anytime basically. Give me a date and time that's good for you.[/quote]

How's tonight... 10 or 11 EST?

[quote name='MSUHitman']welcome to my ignore list.[/quote]

? ok?

I apologize for anything that may have come off as rude. It wasn't my attempt. I felt like I was just calling the game as I saw it. You cost yourself by taking an extreme amount of time in the bullpen.

I think we had the same issue, MSU or maybe it was somebody else, but you don't have to kick the other people when it happens. You can just let the screen sit there so they can finish what they're doing if you don't care about it.

Oh since I went over time Cartman decides to get a free win in a tied game then. Glad he's on my ignore list now.

I have to say I really am disappointed with the experience I've had with this league. No other online league I've been in has had these issues. I wonder if it's a PS3 user thing.

Maybe it's just because I've had problems with just two people that has soured my taste for PS3 online sports, but it's more than I usually get on 360 sports games.

Good game. I'm surprised that Big Papi's crowding of the plate covers up the pitching meter, too. I'm surprised my #5 pitcher did so well against the Red Sox and Pronk came up swinging, which you couldn't stop at all.

GG, I figured out your pattern of pitching by the 3rd inning but I couldnt get any good hits off of them. And yea, Pronk just ate Colon the whole game. Wished Manny and Ortiz would have showed up and at least get 1 hit.

bread's done
Back