CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

It didn't start late, the schedule just went up late. It flips every monday afternoon around 4 PM PST. If you can get it in before then, you should be fine.

lol, it was definitely a close game. I'm with you on the whole injury thing, I feel sorry for hitman not having Pujols. Hopefully if we meet in the playoffs they update the rosters and have Hafner's rating be accurate to how he has played the past two seasons. ;) I am bitter about that guy since I traded for him last yr in fantasy baseball and drafted him this yr.

Good win Destro.

I want to make excuses about how that 3-run homer was a pitch way out of the zone that somehow got jacked. However, I know I just got beat. So it goes. See you come playoff time.

[quote name='cartman58']Good win Destro.

I want to make excuses about how that 3-run homer was a pitch way out of the zone that somehow got jacked. However, I know I just got beat. So it goes. See you come playoff time.[/quote]

Nice game... sorry about the beginning, I had a client on the phone and was trying to type his order in at the same time...

Also, I was confused which pitcher I was supposed to use, I wasn't waiting for you to change yours... my mistake. I knew it said Pedro vs. Hudson, but then I got confused when Hudson was your #1.. I thought maybe I was supposed to be throwing Santana... so I was looking for the post here when you changed...

But great game man, Tex is a beast in the game.

[quote name='DestroVega']
Also, I was confused which pitcher I was supposed to use, I wasn't waiting for you to change yours... my mistake. I knew it said Pedro vs. Hudson, but then I got confused when Hudson was your #1.. I thought maybe I was supposed to be throwing Santana... so I was looking for the post here when you changed...
[/quote]

Haha. Yea. Well, the Braves rotation is so owned with Smoltz and Glavine out that even I didn't know who to start.

I believe my rotation is NOW

1. Hudson
2. Jurrjens
3. Campillo
4. Mr. No-Name
5. Mr. No-Name's roommate

You did one hell of a job hitting off of Jurrjens. His 2-seam has crazy good movement. The change is extremely slow, and the 4-seam and slurve are decent. I've bent some pretty veteran guys at this game with him.

I'll be prepared, so expect a much tighter game guessing that we meet in the playoffs.

This week's schedule and pitching matchups:

San Diego Padres (mrlogical) at Boston Red Sox (TheRock88)
Pitching Matchup: Shawn Estes vs Tim Wakefield

Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Pitching Matchup: Jorge Campillo vs Paul Byrd

Philadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun) at Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz)
Pitching Matchup: Jamie Moyer vs Ubaldo Jimenez

Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080) at Detroit Tigers (ruffinra)
Pitching Matchup: Manny Parra vs Jeremy Bonderman

Off this week: Chicago White Sox (Supreme), LA Dodgers (fusionstyle), New York Mets (DestroVega), St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)

Tried PM'n you and heard nothing. Just let me know Frisky. The game has no meaning for me as I've clinched a playoff slot. However, I'd love to give you a game.

Sorry about that. Been a bit busy, so I haven't gotten around to responding yet. If you're available this weekend, I'll be up for playing then.

Hey Basketcase I'm waiting in the lobby right now, I am assuming you may have forgot about our 6:30 game. I will wait another 5 min or so, if you don't show its no biggie just pick a time for a new game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sorry about that. Been a bit busy, so I haven't gotten around to responding yet. If you're available this weekend, I'll be up for playing then.[/quote]

I won't be around unless that's the only time. My girlfriend will be in for the weekend and beginning of next week.

Tonight or tomorrow night would be optimal for me. Just let me know when you can go.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Tomorrow night should be good then. Any particular times that you're free to play?[/quote]

I should be available almost any time in the evening.

good game rynozebs. thought you had me there for a sec, but got the double play. i can't believe i got that bunt down and it stayed fair, sparked a little insurance run rally...

Good game to you as well. I just got home from work when I got your message and I hadn't eaten dinner. I kind of rushed through the last few innings after you went up by 3 runs again. I was freakin' hungry! lol It was a great game tho. You're a hell of a pitcher. I suck at batting tho. Good luck in the future!

I'm downloading NCAA 09, it's at around 81%, but been slow. When that finishes I'll be ready to go any time for the rest of the night. If you are around we can start after it finishes.

Hmm. Not sure what to tell you Frisky. It wouldn't let us connect for a league game or scrimmage. With either of us hosting.

We both reset our connections to the PS3 and signed off the PSN.

I believe the game has decided that we aren't supposed to play today. :shrugs:

Hmmm, I see you in the lobby but it says you're offline. Wont let me issue a challenge with the square button

edit
K, nm. Works now

Here's the schedule and pitching matchups for the week:

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz)
Pitching Matchup: Tim Wakefield vs Greg Reynolds

Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)
Pitching Matchup: Armando Galarraga vs Paul Byrd

Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Pitching Matchup: Aaron Laffey vs Dave Bush

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at Philadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: John Danks vs Kyle Kendrick

Off this week: San Diego Padres (mrlogical), Atlanta Braves (cartman58), New York Mets (DestroVega), St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)

Sorry for the delay, here's the schedule/pitching matchups for the week:

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at Chicago White Sox (Supreme)
Pitching Matchup: Justin Masterson vs Gavin Floyd

LA Dodgers (fusionstyle) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Pitching Matchup: Eric Stults vs Jeremy Sowers

San Diego Padres (mrlogical) at Detroit Tigers (ruffinra)
Pitching Matchup: Cha Seung Baek vs Zach Miner

Atlanta Braves (cartman58) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Pitching Matchup: Jo Jo Reyes vs Seth McClung

Philadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun) at St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)
Pitching Matchup: Adam Eaton vs Mitchell Boggs

Off this week: Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz), New York Mets (DestroVega)

runpudrun, I can do anytime tomorrow or Saturday after 7 p.m. central. Friday night is unknown right now as I'm supposed to be a guest on twenzor's podcast that night. Sunday night is when I record my podcast so that's out as I'm working Sunday also.

Hey guys, CAG League Part 2 representing here. Just wondering if any of you would want in on another go round of MLB 08 CAG baseball. We've got 11 guys, and just need one more. We're basically doing the same set up as you guys. 15 week season, one game per week.

We're wanting to start asap, so if anyone feels like getting their ass kicked by my mighty Dbacks (not to be confused with Dbags), BRING IT! haha, ok, hopefully that vicious taunt will stir up some interest. The thread is currently on the front page of this forum, so if you're interested, just let us know. Thanks fellas!

Frisky I have not received a PM, PSN message, or post on here about scheduling a game and it doesn't look like it will be done. Do whatever you want as this is the last game anyway and I'm not in playoff contention.

Thanks to everyone in the league who was cool and thanks Tanuki for organizing.

MSU, I was out of town all week until today. I can do tonight anytime if you want to get the game in. I would really like to play this one...

bread's done
Back