CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

We've rescheduled Giants-Cowboys for tomorrow morning. Sucks to have been that far along in the game and have that happen but c'est la vie.

[quote name='perdition(troy']For sure it does :(

Pitfall where you at man get at us with the bears time or joely for that matter![/QUOTE]

Pitfall posted a few pages back saying it probably wasnt gonna happen till Thursday night.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, I wasn't really impressed with his response. The idea that ANY human owner is better than a CPU owner isn't the way I want to run this league. We've got enough members pushing the limits as it is.[/QUOTE]

i mean i could agree with is statement id much rather play a human than a computer. and his skill level isnt above anyone elses in here. Hes just a guy that wants to get better and thats what this leagues for. i understand that he backed out of the league but thats before the ball was officially rolling. and i know he had one bad moment in the other league with me. but thats one bad moment we have all had them. i dont understand the reasoning of not wanting to let him in. if he comes in and that other guy that was going to buy madden we would we one team away from having this league back at full strength. i find that to be a giant step foward for us.

Yea Pitfall and I will be playing at 9:45 eastern tonight. I've had family visiting since last Thursday so that has kind of taken up most of my time recently.

Whoa I was online from 1130-1210 and you weren't on at all. I kept clicking on your name and everything and it kept saying you were offline and I even checked my phone for an email that I got a PM and nothing.

I even played an online ranked game of Madden while waiting.

[quote name='ballinhun8']Whoa I was online from 1130-1210 and you weren't on at all. I kept clicking on your name and everything and it kept saying you were offline and I even checked my phone for an email that I got a PM and nothing.

I even played an online ranked game of Madden while waiting.[/QUOTE]

I sat in connected careers from 1125 until 1215, and not once did the light on your teams name turn green.

BS. Your name never popped up once as online unless you put yourself as away. And I even went into the game through connected careers itself and your team wasn't there as "ready".

[quote name='ballinhun8']BS. Your name never popped up once as online unless you put yourself as away. And I even went into the game through connected careers itself and your team wasn't there as "ready".[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that around 1145 I saw Nate online playing wwe 13 and around noon saw darktower pop up online. Don't tell me bs, I was there for over 45 minutes.

[quote name='jza1218']I can tell you that around 1145 I saw Nate online playing wwe 13 and around noon saw darktower pop up online. Don't tell me bs, I was there for over 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

darktower????

[quote name='ballinhun8']I will say its BS because your name never went online and I kept looking even while playing my game.[/QUOTE]

And you never came up on mine, yet i can hold a conversation without resorting to calling people liars. I'm willing to see it as a simple miscommunication/mixup/however you want to term it. You however, insist on seeing it as something sinister.

i dont have ballin or n8 on my friends list on xbl but it does say statnut was online 53 minutes ago i can confirm that statnut=jza

Jeez stop crying. I'm calling it the way I see it and I won't back down from that.

There's nothing sinister about it. I see it as you never coming up online yet being able to post here without sending me a PM first about it.

[quote name='ballinhun8']Jeez stop crying. I'm calling it the way I see it and I won't back down from that.

There's nothing sinister about it. I see it as you never coming up online yet being able to post here without sending me a PM first about it.[/QUOTE]

Whatever, I was there when I say I was. You don't want to believe me, fine that's your business. The game can be simmed.

It isn't like he can't believe you, seeing as you were in this very thread posting that you were waiting for him. I would assume that anyone waiting for a game to be played and having their opponent not show up would come on CAG and check this thread and their private messages.

[quote name='ballinhun8']Jeez stop crying. I'm calling it the way I see it and I won't back down from that.

There's nothing sinister about it. I see it as you never coming up online yet being able to post here without sending me a PM first about it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ballinhun8']53 mins from when you posted would have been 1218. I was already offline by 1210.[/QUOTE]

You need to slow it down. Acting defiant and accusatory isn't going to get you anywhere. When it says "Last online 53 minutes ago", that would be when he signed off. Why would he have any reason to lie about it? I'm not doubting you either. I don't know how, but it seems possible that both of you could have been sitting online at the same time without realizing it.

It seems like you were both relying on Madden's internal structure to notify you of when the other got online...and relying on Madden is just never a good idea. What I usually do is go to Xbox.com, click on the "friends" tab and then search for my opponent's gamertag. This way, you can see if they're online without having to go through the trouble of adding them as a friend (I wish the 360 itself had this feature).

I don't even really know if blame can be assigned here as it mostly just sounds like a misunderstanding. I'm hoping a reschedule can be made for some point today. Otherwise, a sim might be the most fair thing.

[quote name='Docb9110']N8 how is wwe 13[/QUOTE]

Odd conversation to be having in the middle of this, lol, but why not? I'm really liking it so far. I haven't watched wrestling in years, and I honestly haven't felt that there has been anyone too entertaining since The Rock left (though, now that he's "back", we'll see where it goes). And really, as the game points out, wrestling was at its pinnacle in the late 90s/early 2000s when WWE and WCW were going head to head.

WWE 13 does a great job of capturing that. I just got the game a few days ago and just started playing through the Attitude Era, and it's great. Reliving those awesome matches and trying to recreate their big moments is fun as hell. And THQ bringing back a lot of the wrestlers from that era (not to mention ones you can download and share) just brings so much to the game.

I was really big into the nWo, so being able to download Hogan and Scott Hall (Kevin Nash is already in the game) and all the others is really great. To me, it's like what 2K did with NBA 2K11/2K12. It's kinda feels like playing an old game with all the people you remember from your childhood...but with the luxury of modern video game hardware. Not only is it a good game, but it has that nostalgia appeal as well.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']In the user teams tab in CC, which I think is under the "League" tab, you can look at everyone's gamercards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that too. I just find that more irritating because you have to keep going back and rechecking it...and you're just sitting there doing nothing. If I'm waiting on somebody, I usually leave my Xbox on and go back to browsing on my PC (and checking the CAG thread to see if my opponent has posted anything).

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Odd conversation to be having in the middle of this, lol, but why not? I'm really liking it so far.[/QUOTE]

I think he asked because I mentioned that I saw you online playing it while I was waiting.

Why wouldn't either of you message the other person on XBL? I will usually do it cause at least they will see that when they get on, or send a PM here on CAG. It seems like horrible communication on both your parts in my opinion.

[quote name='Blade3D']Why wouldn't either of you message the other person on XBL? I will usually do it cause at least they will see that when they get on, or send a PM here on CAG. It seems like horrible communication on both your parts in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I don't have him on my friends list.

[quote name='jza1218']I don't have him on my friends list.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the majority of people on my friends list. You could either look it up in the OP or go to user teams and hit left stick I believe like someone else already mentioned. It just seems like a very weak attempt and the blame is on both of you.

if someone is on xbl can they check to see who i play in week 4. im at worked texted the wife to check for me real quick and i got the this from her fuck off im playing black ops right now lol. i should have checked during my lunch break when i was online and around myself but i didnt even realize we were close to advancing already

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Odd conversation to be having in the middle of this, lol, but why not? I'm really liking it so far. I haven't watched wrestling in years, and I honestly haven't felt that there has been anyone too entertaining since The Rock left (though, now that he's "back", we'll see where it goes). And really, as the game points out, wrestling was at its pinnacle in the late 90s/early 2000s when WWE and WCW were going head to head.

WWE 13 does a great job of capturing that. I just got the game a few days ago and just started playing through the Attitude Era, and it's great. Reliving those awesome matches and trying to recreate their big moments is fun as hell. And THQ bringing back a lot of the wrestlers from that era (not to mention ones you can download and share) just brings so much to the game.

I was really big into the nWo, so being able to download Hogan and Scott Hall (Kevin Nash is already in the game) and all the others is really great. To me, it's like what 2K did with NBA 2K11/2K12. It's kinda feels like playing an old game with all the people you remember from your childhood...but with the luxury of modern video game hardware. Not only is it a good game, but it has that nostalgia appeal as well.[/QUOTE]

Does it have Val Venus? That guy was fucking hilarious.

[quote name='Blade3D']I don't have the majority of people on my friends list. You could either look it up in the OP or go to user teams and hit left stick I believe like someone else already mentioned. It just seems like a very weak attempt and the blame is on both of you.[/QUOTE]

Well, it wasn't a problem yesterday when we played. In any event, yes I do agree it seems that mistakes were made on both sides.

[quote name='jza1218']Well, it wasn't a problem yesterday when we played. In any event, yes I do agree it seems that mistakes were made on both sides.[/QUOTE]

Burn the heretics!

I clicked on his name from my "recently played" list and his gamercard said "offline".

I can play tonight. I've said many times in this thread that my work schedule is messed up so i only play before 1230 and after 1030. I really don't want my game summer but if it has to be, whatever then, guess it would be the best option.

[quote name='DVO21']i mean i could agree with is statement id much rather play a human than a computer. and his skill level isnt above anyone elses in here. Hes just a guy that wants to get better and thats what this leagues for. i understand that he backed out of the league but thats before the ball was officially rolling. and i know he had one bad moment in the other league with me. but thats one bad moment we have all had them. i dont understand the reasoning of not wanting to let him in. if he comes in and that other guy that was going to buy madden we would we one team away from having this league back at full strength. i find that to be a giant step foward for us.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with Nate's basic premise that not any human is better than a CPU, I don't have a problem with neworlbush joining. He didn't leave on bad terms, hell, he left before we got underway.

And if Staticz wants the Panthers I say God bless him. Heck, can we chip in on a fruit basket as a thank you?

[quote name='ballinhun8']I clicked on his name from my "recently played" list and his gamercard said "offline".

I can play tonight. I've said many times in this thread that my work schedule is messed up so i only play before 1230 and after 1030. I really don't want my game summer but if it has to be, whatever then, guess it would be the best option.[/QUOTE]

I work nights, and won't be home until after 230 am.

bread's done
Back