CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='jza1218']I work nights, and won't be home until after 230 am.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even gonna lie. I probably will be up at that time if you wanted to play. I usually don't fall asleep until 3-4 anyways.

[quote name='slofton']Is Raven in wwe13? Man I loved him back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if there's a THQ made Raven character, but I know you can download him from the community.

[quote name='Wpark83']Does it have Val Venus? That guy was fucking hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Val Venis (like penis...remember "Hellooooooo ladies...", lol) is DLC, but I'm positive there's also a free version made by the community.

Hell, with as much arguing as there is in here, we should have had a WWE 13 league, and write storylines where we sleep with each others mothers, lol. E-fed up in this bitch. :cool:

[quote name='jza1218']While I agree with Nate's basic premise that not any human is better than a CPU, I don't have a problem with neworlbush joining. He didn't leave on bad terms, hell, he left before we got underway.

And if Staticz wants the Panthers I say God bless him. Heck, can we chip in on a fruit basket as a thank you?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neworlbush25']I would take any team, I would prefer the colts, but wouldn't mind the panthers either[/QUOTE]

Ya know, my daughter actually slept through the night last night, so I don't feel like murdering people quite as much today. I think that's fair enough. If neworlbush wants the Colts, he can have them. And if staticz wants to actually take charge of the P(roject)anthers, that's fine too.

[quote name='jza1218']I work nights, and won't be home until after 230 am.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ballinhun8']I'm not even gonna lie. I probably will be up at that time if you wanted to play. I usually don't fall asleep until 3-4 anyways.[/QUOTE]

I say you guys play the game (if possible) and I'll advance us to Week 4 in the morning. It's a division game, and there's been so much build up. We need closure. ;)

[quote name='neworlbush25']I would take any team, I would prefer the colts, but wouldn't mind the panthers either[/QUOTE]

I'd like to join too. I'll take whichever team he doesn't.

CAG name: njrockpd
XBL name: harrybodyshots
Availability: Mon - Fri 4 - 10 pm/ Weekend by appointment

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Welcome new members! DVO will send you your new members trade proposal packet shortly. :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol nice ;) but that isnt happening well not yet atleast

[quote name='njrockpd']I'd like to join too. I'll take whichever team he doesn't.

CAG name: njrockpd
XBL name: harrybodyshots
Availability: Mon - Fri 4 - 10 pm/ Weekend by appointment[/QUOTE]

Wait...are you a friend of Chetty or Hemingway (you're in the other league right?) If you're as good as either of them, you definitely shouldn't be playing here.

[quote name='ballinhun8']I'm not even gonna lie. I probably will be up at that time if you wanted to play. I usually don't fall asleep until 3-4 anyways.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I can't guarantee what time I'll be home. I'm at the mercy of my boss and the train. Some nights its 230, other nights its after 3. Without being able to guarantee a time, I'm not sure how much sense that's gonna make.

[quote name='staticz']You mean I can have the Panthers? You guys are too kind! ;)

Looking forward to playing some extra Madden![/QUOTE]

Good. Now, go clean up their roster. And don't forget to look between the couch cushions for spare change. And also, I'd like a sandwich while you're at it. Your brother can show you where the kitchen is, lol ;)

[quote name='staticz']You mean I can have the Panthers? You guys are too kind! ;)

I thought guys who made the playoffs in the other league were considered too good to play in here? :D

[quote name='bvharris']I thought guys who made the playoffs in the other league were considered too good to play in here? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm making the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons!

My offer still stands. If you want to dump cap space I have plenty and I am willing to take the hit that the Panthers aren't physically able to. PM me.

Also, I have been kind of lost lately in this thread. With classes starting back up, and everything going on, I have been super busy. Hopefully things will quiet down as I get in back in the swing of things.

[quote name='bvharris']Is that a lot? I carry 10 on my rosters.[/QUOTE]

I guess it isn't too bad. I'm just disappointed the team looks like this. -$3 million cap space and room for 6 more guys

[quote name='njrockpd']So is my eligibility based on my play in the other league?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to forgive us for being a bit gunshy about taking new members who are unsure how good they are. Chetty and Hemingway played here in the first season, and went a combined 29-1 against the rest of the league. That's not to say that there aren't good players here, but if we bring in people who are virtually unbeatable, it makes the league pointless.

Honestly, if you'd care to "try out", I wouldn't mind scrimmaging with you some time (though, if I'm remembering my own Madden score, I'm pretty sure I was at like 540 with a 17-7 record recently...so 600 is pretty damn good). We're definitely not against having good people here, but like I said...if you're head and shoulders above the rest of the league, it turns into a waste of time for everyone else.

[quote name='staticz']I guess it isn't too bad. I'm just disappointed the team looks like this. -$3 million cap space and room for 6 more guys[/QUOTE]

Go rip Doom's brother a new one! Do it! Do it! Do it! lol :lol:

[quote name='staticz']I have 11 offensive linemen....eleven.[/QUOTE]

The Giants have over 12 million in cap space, and could use an offensive lineman. Just throwing that out there.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You'll have to forgive us for being a bit gunshy about taking new members who are unsure how good they are. Chetty and Hemingway played here in the first season, and went a combined 29-1 against the rest of the league. That's not to say that there aren't good players here, but if we bring in people who are virtually unbeatable, it makes the league pointless.

Honestly, if you'd care to "try out", I wouldn't mind scrimmaging with you some time (though, if I'm remembering my own Madden score, I'm pretty sure I was at like 540 with a 17-7 record recently...so 600 is pretty damn good). We're definitely not against having good people here, but like I said...if you're head and shoulders above the rest of the league, it turns into a waste of time for everyone else.

Go rip Doom's brother a new one! Do it! Do it! Do it! lol :lol:[/QUOTE]

I just joined the other league and I'm about to play Og whitewidow now. If you are on after send me a message on xbl. name is "harrybodyshots".

After our discussion requiring that all teams have 53 players on their roster, it was brought to my attention today that there are 12 user teams that have less than 53 players...and 3 user teams that have 48 or less. Here's a link with the specific numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuW-8BY-0XxAdGFUaXRfSmV2a3VxTGg5Z0lrY1lnN2c&hl=en#gid=0

We need some explanations here. I would guess that teams with a lot of cap space just haven't bothered to go into free agency. But teams maxing out their cap and undercutting the 53 player roster standard just isn't acceptable. Everyone should be carrying 53 players.

bengals are at 51. to be honest i didnt even realize it never bothered to look into it. i just figured by going to team needs and i have enough to fill the spots that team need said i needed would put me a 53 guess not. but i guess i can pick up 2 players if needed i have like 10.50 mill cap space. so i wont have a problem picking up guys if needed to. i just figured i have more than enough backups for every spot if there is an injury and once i did get an injury i would pick up another guy as a back for that spot until the other guy got healthy again. but like i said i didnt really check i figured my team was at 53 but once i get the chance i will pick up some randoms

I never thought much of it myself, I think I zoned out of the thread when FFA FA pickups were announced. I can work on filling out my roster, I think I have an OK amount of cap for 3 cheap players.

EDIT: I meant to say I can work on it TOMORROW. Just got back from the gym and am going to pass out soon.

I think it was 45-14. A couple late scores that shouldn't have happened makes it look worse than it was. I should have just shut it down and accepted defeat, but I kept throwing picks. It was a decent game until Cutler showed up.

Yea I didn't know what to do with a pick on the 20, so I ran it and he scored. I felt like a dick for trying to run out the clock lol

bengals are now at 53 signed a TE to make it 3 there and signed a FB to have 3 there never gonig to see the field ever and they are cheap my cap space now sits at 11.49 mil

[quote name='DVO21']bengals are now at 53 signed a TE to make it 3 there and signed a FB to have 3 there never gonig to see the field ever and they are cheap my cap space now sits at 11.49 mil[/QUOTE]

You have three fullbacks? I don't think I've ever rolled with more than 1.

Eh, I didn't feel like you were trying to run up the score or anything. Just a shitty game overall by me.

I can't decide if I need better receivers or a better quarterback. My defense needs work, but that's more about putting in the effort rather than changing personnel. I've always been an offense-first player. It's almost like my offense was my defense, due to being able to score whenever I wanted, so it didn't really matter what my opponent did on offense. Now, my offense isn't producing, so my shoddy defense has been exposed. I just need to put in some work with it and hopefully turn things around.

[quote name='jza1218']You have three fullbacks? I don't think I've ever rolled with more than 1.[/QUOTE]

lol i need 53 players

[quote name='perdition(troy']sign guys to the line DVO dump the FB[/QUOTE]

my line is good they have good injury rates and dont get tired i figured i will just sign players to sign players to be at 53 doesnt really matter any wherer they wont be used no matter where i sign them all with be useless lol. im going to run a full house with all 3 FBs

bread's done
Back