CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

n8 Tate is a great return man but when i had him on the bengals he his contract didnt match up to his abilities at all he was getting 3 or 4 million a year when i had him

[quote name='HooRox']I'll check the parental blocks, but the age is locked. I was on the phone with MS before because I wanted to use his Gold acc't to watch MLB.tv (which I paid for), on the Xbox instead of my PC, but I couldn't do it because he is a minor -- apparently MS doesn't want kids hooked on baseball. Anyway, the service guy said that they can do a lot of things, but they are not able to change the age on an account. Not even supervisors are allowed to do that.

I might have a conundrum here... That's exasperating.[/QUOTE]

Just when you think this game couldn't get anymore broken...lol.

[quote name='DVO21']n8 Tate is a great return man but when i had him on the bengals he his contract didnt match up to his abilities at all he was getting 3 or 4 million a year when i had him[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could see that. I think he was only asking $800K for this season. I signed several WRs and HBs to see how they'd fit in my depth chart, and then got rid of the ones who were a complete waste. I've cut 3 of my draft picks already too, lol. My draft was horrible. All of my "sleeper" picks were gone by the 2nd round.

i didnt draft to bad i have a good mix one the D Line some are extremely fast for lineman and others are really strong. i have a total of 8 guyes on the d line 9 if u include paul kruger in the mix all at 82 or above so it makes it nice for when the fat guyes get tired. i still cant believe i have a DE that has 90 speed with 95 accel and another with 87 speed 90 accel during the preseason if thoughs guyes get off there block they are all over the QB

and in the FA free for all i got a RG that had 40000 xp and hes alot better now

also i believe troy said something about this or maybe someone but i would also be all in for a 4th season as well i have some guyes that could be stars after another season

wtf lol how does a player randomly have 40k xp lol. michael turner had 30k xp just hanging out there too i don't get it. I'm going to use him as my goal line battering ram so I upgraded him to brace for all hits and got his consistency to 4 so that was gone almost instantly lol.

[quote name='DVO21']

and in the FA free for all i got a RG that had 40000 xp and hes alot better now[/QUOTE]

The reason I grabbed Sanchez was because he had like 20K XP. It was enough to improve him several times over.

Edit: And for the record, my highest XP player right now is Matt Prater sitting at 41K. He needs like 60K to improve his kicking to the last level.

ya its pretty crazy what u will find in FA some people hold onto a guy thats a decent backup and never use there xp and then u find him and he has this decent amount of xp and he just turns into an instant golden boy

[quote name='perdition(troy']I wish the XP was more of a collective XP system so I could spread the wealth.[/QUOTE]

lol i think its good that its not... but if it was that 40000 would have all gone to andrew luck or stephen hill

ya it is good its not cause every person in this league would have two MAXED out players and everyone else would just suck lol. would be nice to gift some of my back ups some of my starters xp.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I temporarily had Knox but wasn't really impressed with his numbers. He's fast...that's about it. His catch ratings were low. His route running wasn't great. And his release was horrid. He also was a surprisingly bad return man (his carry is in the 50s too, I believe). I felt like Brandon Tate brought a lot more to the table. Similar speed...better hands...good returner.

I did try to get Mathews last night though, but somebody had signed him when I went to grab him. Guess he got thrown back out there and I missed him again. I'm suspecting we'll have a lot of players like that as people give different players "try outs".
[/QUOTE]

I originally signed Matthews and then i was reading the forum and i misunderstood the one post about waiting 2 weeks to sign a player who was recently cut, I panicked and released him so I wouldnt get in trouble, then it was explained to me that you cant resign your own players you cut for 2 weeks, by the time i found that out Matthews was already picked up by someone else.

[quote name='jbake_11']I originally signed Matthews and then i was reading the forum and i misunderstood the one post about waiting 2 weeks to sign a player who was recently cut, I panicked and released him so I wouldnt get in trouble, then it was explained to me that you cant resign your own players you cut for 2 weeks, by the time i found that out Matthews was already picked up by someone else.[/QUOTE]
Ya that was so people didn't do a quick "restructure" save a bunch of cap room and resign a guy way cheaper.

Is anyone actually playing the preseason games? I may be the only one who feels this way, but I wouldn't oppose simming the rest so we can get started on the regular season.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Is anyone actually playing the preseason games? I may be the only one who feels this way, but I wouldn't oppose simming the rest so we can get started on the regular season.[/QUOTE]

DVO and I are playing our week 3 preseason game tonight.

Both my opponents so far have reached out to me to play but I wouldn't mind advancing to the regular season tomorrow. I like playing preseason games it gives me the opportunity to use back ups and random plays I don't want to try for the 1st time in the season.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Is anyone actually playing the preseason games? I may be the only one who feels this way, but I wouldn't oppose simming the rest so we can get started on the regular season.[/QUOTE]

I'm just doing my practices. I feel like that gives me a good enough feel for what some of my new acquisitions bring to the table. I've still got to cut one or two players, so I am actually making use of the time. I agree with what you're saying...but we are at least moving forward at a decent clip now. We'll be advanced to the regular season tomorrow night (and I wouldn't even be opposed to a reasonably early advance).

[quote name='perdition(troy']Ya that was so people didn't do a quick "restructure" save a bunch of cap room and resign a guy way cheaper.[/QUOTE]

yea i get it now, I just panicked and figured he wasnt worth me getting suspended for a game, if only id paid more attention to the rules!

Minnesota Vikings trade block:

Jerome Simpson, WR, 84 OVR
Christian Ponder, QB, 73 OVR
Toby Gerhart, HB, 76 OVR
Charlie Johnson, LG, 81 OVR
Joe Berger, C, 77 OVR
Luis Castillo, LE, 81 OVR
AJ Jefferson, CB, 77 OVR

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm just doing my practices. I feel like that gives me a good enough feel for what some of my new acquisitions bring to the table. I've still got to cut one or two players, so I am actually making use of the time. I agree with what you're saying...but we are at least moving forward at a decent clip now. We'll be advanced to the regular season tomorrow night (and I wouldn't even be opposed to a reasonably early advance).[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I just signed some players last night I need to try out in practice mode so I can figure out who will make my final roster.

I don't think any of the guys I signed had much XP. I think Ronde Barber had maybe 7k. I had Sanchez last season as my backup and didn't use his XP because I thought he might go unsigned again and didn't want to make him look more desirable to other teams. He is pretty accurate, but lacks arm strength.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Ryan Matthews and Johnny Knox. Not a bad pick up. I was expecting it to be wiped out when I got up, but there are still a few decent players left. I still can't believe the Chargers dropped Matthews.

Also, MaGahee went to the Giants. Have fun! He has 83 SPD![/QUOTE]

So...Mathews went to the division rivals...this should be interesting...

[quote name='jbake_11']yea i get it now, I just panicked and figured he wasnt worth me getting suspended for a game, if only id paid more attention to the rules![/QUOTE]

Ah, that sucks. I at least feel better that there is a clear policy on it in the OP though. I'd feel bad if it was one of those vague rules that didn't have an official stance or something. Look on the bright side, maybe he'll live up to the real Ryan Mathews and tear his nutsack or something and be out for the season. :lol:

[quote name='Zolor23']So...Mathews went to the division rivals...this should be interesting...[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I was liking what I saw in practice. Maybe, I will spare you the horror of Reggie and Demps and just use Matthews against you. His revenge. :D

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Ah, that sucks. I at least feel better that there is a clear policy on it in the OP though. I'd feel bad if it was one of those vague rules that didn't have an official stance or something. Look on the bright side, maybe he'll live up to the real Ryan Mathews and tear his nutsack or something and be out for the season. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Knowing my luck with injuries, it's certainly probable. :lol:

me and TB played our week 2

i think me and PIT are going to play our week 3 tonight. hopefully the day gets advanced later around 12amEST again for tonight.

Can the rams be put on auto? i'd like to tyr out some of my players in a game setting and the rams are my wk 3 so i'd like to play them when i get home tomorrow if thats cool

[quote name='sicsonic']me and TB played our week 2

i think me and PIT are going to play our week 3 tonight. hopefully the day gets advanced later around 12amEST again for tonight.[/QUOTE]

If we advance too much later tonight, there's a chance I could forget. All bets are off once I'm on duty with my daughter for the night. I'll try, but anything is possible, lol.

All right, guys. We've advanced to the final week of the preseason. As I mentioned before, I really wouldn't be opposed to advancing a little early on Thursday so people can maybe get a head start on their Week 1 games. I was thinking 8PM EST.

The only reason I could see that being a problem for anyone is if their team has over 53 players and they won't be able to make their final cuts before that time. If that describes you, please speak up. Otherwise, we'll plan to kickoff the regular season at 8PM EST!

Whoever has Allen Baker needs to cut him. I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday to sign him. He was my fa pool pick.

Edit* looks like the Texans signed him! I went through the teams quickly.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Whoever has Allen Baker needs to cut him. I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday to sign him. He was my fa pool pick.

Edit* looks like the Texans signed him! I went through the teams quickly.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry man! I was wondering why there was a 99 speed back still left. I will do it as soon as I can. Again I apologize

Again, I never heard anything from FrankySox. At this point, the Packers are open. That's a pretty crappy way for it to go down, but whatever. I guess I'll contact steggy and see if he wants his team back, haha.

[quote name='staticz']If you have time to track who signs him, why don't you sign him? You can do it from the website, christ.[/QUOTE]

Well, if every time he looks, he's on a different team and not in the free agent pool, he can't really sign him, can he? I agree that this has gone on a little long. But to be fair, Baker has been picked up by at least 3 teams already.

Also, Texans vs Titans set for 8PM EST! Ready to resume the rivalry! I owe doc this season.

[quote name='staticz']If you have time to track who signs him, why don't you sign him? You can do it from the website, christ.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that makes perfect sense. You can totally sign guys who are on other teams rosters.

Every time I get on to sign him he's on a different team (not blaming any of those guys, not their fault.) I go away from home often on business trips and when the fa pool came up for me, I wasn't home. I use an iPad on the road. You try using EAs god awful website on an iPad and if you can navigate for two seconds without wanting to kill yourself, you have more willpower than me.

Doc, no prob. Just release him when you get a chance, I'm home all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flyersfan']Every time I get on to sign him he's on a different team (not blaming any of those guys, not their fault.) I go away from home often on business trips and when the fa pool came up for me, I wasn't home. I use an iPad on the road. You try using EAs god awful website on an iPad and if you can navigate for two seconds without wanting to kill yourself, you have more willpower than me.[/QUOTE]

This was my situation when I was on vacation and all of the free agency craziness happened. If EA was never going to release the damn app we were promised, the least they could have done is make a mobile version of their website. Trying to use it on a tablet will indeed make you want to kill yourself.

Also, does anybody know what in the hell formation uses 6 offensive linemen and a defensive tackle in the backfield??? The CPU has been running that on me in practice. It shows up as a 0WR, 2RB, 1TE set. Freaking weird, man.

[quote name='slofton']I kinda feel like picking up Baker then dropping him right after. I want to be part of the club.[/QUOTE]

It's very exclusive! Lol

[quote name='slofton']I kinda feel like picking up Baker then dropping him right after. I want to be part of the club.[/QUOTE]

I think he wants to come to Denver for an hour just to smoke some now legal weed. :D

Pick him up and edit him and put those 50's ( Or whatever year they are )helmets on him. Then make him look all dumb. lol

[quote name='Flyersfan']$1 a night for anyone who wants Baker. $2 to do whatever you want to him.

Pm me for payment details.[/QUOTE]

We talking ZJ's here or what?

[quote name='slofton']What's a ZJ?

:D[/QUOTE]

Against my better judgement, I urbandictionary-ed this one.

I shit you not, this was the fourth definition.

"the act of receiving oral sex from a caucasian zimbabwe hooker as she balances a basket of fruit on her head, for every piece of fruit that falls out of the basket, a 2 dollar discount is awarded"

Seems authentic. :cool:

[quote name='Dark Rider']Against my better judgement, I urbandictionary-ed this one.

"the act of receiving oral sex from a caucasian zimbabwe hooker as she balances a basket of fruit on her head, for every piece of fruit that falls out of the basket, a 2 dollar discount is awarded"

Seems authentic. :cool:[/QUOTE]

That went way better than I intended lol

[quote name='Dark Rider']Against my better judgement, I urbandictionary-ed this one.

Seems authentic. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You forgot to include at the bottom.

"Definition contributed by Docb9110" ;)

Since I'm in the Ty Warren catch-22 with being unable to drop him in game and unable to access the website, is it ok if I take Troy up on his offer to trade 7th round picks along with Warren so he can drop him?

[quote name='Docb9110']That went way better than I intended lol[/QUOTE]

haha I figured you were going with Beerfest, my god, what did you start lol

[quote name='slofton']haha I figured you were going with Beerfest, my god, what did you start lol[/QUOTE]

I was going for the beerst reference. It dark rider rode joke into the sunset like a champ! Lol

[quote name='HooRox']Since I'm in the Ty Warren catch-22 with being unable to drop him in game and unable to access the website, is it ok if I take Troy up on his offer to trade 7th round picks along with Warren so he can drop him?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's fine.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, that's fine.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I just submitted it and sent a PM to Troy. Hopefully he can accept it soon and then drop him. Warren is my 54th guy, so he needs to be gone before advance.

bread's done
Back