CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='staticz']So this lady just drove by our house, stopped across the street, took a picture of the house and drove off.

what.the.fuck?[/QUOTE]

Possibly an insurance home inspector.

[quote name='Docb9110']Possibly an insurance home inspector.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that actually makes me feel a little bit better. I was freaking out lol

[quote name='staticz']So this lady just drove by our house, stopped across the street, took a picture of the house and drove off.

what.the.fuck?[/QUOTE]

Or Google Streetview people. How else are we going to find out where you live on the interwebs? haha

[quote name='staticz']Hey, that actually makes me feel a little bit better. I was freaking out lol[/QUOTE]

It's not a unusual as you think. I have had it happen.

Broncos vs Chiefs going down after we advance! This is a big rivalry game, it's just sicsonic doesn't know the rivalry "cool I am" and I had. :D

Ugh. Is anyone else having EA server issues? Sicsonic and I just disconnected for the second time. We're trying again.

Edit: He just got off. I guess it was his connection.

Edit 2: We're trying again!

And I got my ass kicked! MADDENED!

Haha jkjk I lost that one on my own with my fuckin pick happy style of offense and spillers 3 fumbles ad one for 6

Don't know if I agree with the FG ATTEMPt at around 60 yards with less than 2 mins left up 49-21. Grey area i guess as i was still trying to score.But hey I lost fair and square.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Docb9110']And I got my ass kicked! MADDENED!

Haha jkjk I lost that one on my own with my fuckin pick happy style of offense and spillers 3 fumbles ad one for 6

Don't know if I agree with the FG ATTEMPt at around 60 yards with less than 2 mins left up 49-21. Kinda shitty if ya ask me? But hey I lost fair and square.[/QUOTE]

lol...what? A 56 yard field goal on 4th down. I'm terrible at punting, and figured I'd just be gaining 19 yards. I didn't really expect Bironas to make it (his leg strength has greatly deteriorated these past couple seasons)...but figured it was worth a shot. You obviously hadn't given up at that point as you were still gunning it down field in 4WR sets and going for onside kicks. It's not like I went for the 4th down or something.

As for the turnovers, the picks were one thing, but yeah...I can't believe my defense caused 3 fumbles. I'm pretty sure that's more than they had all of last season. More than anything, to me this just drives home my point that how players play is predetermined before the season starts. Both Webster and Finnegan had 2 picks in this game...which was like half of their totals from last season. I know I'm not playing differently. The ball is just bouncing differently.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lol...what? A 56 yard field goal on 4th down. I'm terrible at punting, and figured I'd just be gaining 19 yards. I didn't really expect Bironas to make it (his leg strength has greatly deteriorated these past couple seasons)...but figured it was worth a shot. You obviously hadn't given up at that point as you were still gunning it down field in 4WR sets and going for onside kicks. It's not like I went for the 4th down or something.

As for the turnovers, the picks were one thing, but yeah...I can't believe my defense caused 3 fumbles. I'm pretty sure that's more than they had all of last season. More than anything, to me this just drives home my point that how players play is predetermined before the season starts. Both Webster and Finnegan had 2 picks in this game...which was like half of their totals from last season. I know I'm not playing differently. The ball is just bouncing differently.[/QUOTE]

Not mad curious was all and like I said I was wanting to score to save face. Just thought the rules said something about not doing that. Doesn't say anything about not giving up and it's ok is all. Honestly not mad was just curious on your logic. You suck at punting as most of us do on that side but rather than getting it in the 20 from a touchback I got it on the 46. Look at it from all sides and flip the script. If I'd have gone for it right there I think the "I suck at punting argument" wouldn't work. Just my opinion

Yea spillers carry is like 88 he fumbled 3 times all last season or something like that....WTF

Titans - 49
Texans - 21

After getting swept in the season series last year, the Titans had something to prove in this one. Sparked by 2 early interceptions and a fumble recovery, Tennessee jumped out to a 21-0 1st quarter lead, surprisingly, with Jake Locker throwing for all three scores. The Titans followed that 21 point scoring outburst with another one in the 2nd quarter, this time without their offense touching the ball. Markelle Martin recovered a fumble and returned it 66 yards for the score. The next Texans possession ended when Alterraun Verner returned an interception 15 yards for another Tennessee TD.

Down 35-0, Houston was finally able to answer with a big 73 yard catch and run. On the ensuing kickoff, however, newly signed Brandon Tate returned his first kickoff of the season 104 yards to the house. The Titans took a 42-14 lead into the half, and did their best to slow things down in the 2nd half, where Chris Johnson finally got to touch the ball. GG, doc. I told you I owed you one, lol. Actually, I still owe you another...but I'll be shocked if I'm able to pull off a sweep. Felt like everything just went my way in this game.

Titans
Jake Locker - 7-9, 124 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Chris Johnson - 17 att, 78 yds, 1 TD, 2 rec, 24 yds
Nate Washington - 3 rec, 77 yds, 2 TDs
Davone Bess - 1 rec, 7 yds, 1 TD
Michael Griffin - 5 tackles, 1 FF
Colin McCarthy - 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF
Kamerion Wimbley - 2 tackles, 2 sacks
Corey Webster - 2 tackles, 2 INTs
Cortland Finnegan - 1 tackle, 2 INTs, 1 FF
Alterraun Verner - 2 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FR, 1 TD
Markelle Martin - 2 tackles, 1 FR, 1 TD

Texans
Eddie Murphy - 11-18, 289 yds, 3 TDs, 5 INTs
CJ Spiller - 12 att, 117 yds, 1 TD, 2 fumbles, 2 rec, 24 yds, 1 TD
Ahmad Bradshaw - 3 att, 22 yds, 1 fumble
Andre Johnson - 5 rec, 134 yds
Demarius Moore - 4 rec, 131 yds, 2 TDs
Brian Cushing - 5 tackles, 1 FF
Connor Barwin - 4 tackles, 1 INT

[quote name='Docb9110']Not mad curious was all and like I said I was wanting to score to save face. Just thought the rules said something about not doing that. Doesn't say anything about not giving up and it's ok is all. Honestly not mad was just curious on your logic. You suck at punting as most of us do on that side but rather than getting it in the 20 from a touchback I got it on the 46. Look at it from all sides and flip the script. If I'd have gone for it right there I think the "I suck at punting argument" wouldn't work. Just my opinion

Yea spillers carry is like 88 he fumbled 3 times all last season or something like that....WTF[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you get that there's a rule against it. It has pretty much always been stated that no matter what the score is, if there is time left on the clock and you're forced with a 4th down, you can kick the field goal. If I had been at your 20, it surely would have been allowed. So, I don't really see how kicking it from the 39 is really any different.

If anything...you could just argue that it might have been a bad call on my part thinking Bironas could hit it. But that's not a "sportsmanship" call. You can say that I ended up giving you the ball at the 46 instead of the 20...but I thought he could make it (as I've hit from 50+ with him in the past). I will say, if you had been chewing clock and indicating that you wanted the game to end, I would have punted. As it was, I was in no man's land, and would have been kicking myself if those 3 points came into play with the way you were airing the ball out.

Broncos start their season with an explosive win over the Chiefs 41-21!

Good game sicsonic! Not sure why we kept disconnecting. I am just glad it worked itself out.

Some Stats:

Broncos

Brock Osweiler - 12 of 18, 254 yds, 2INTs
Reggie Bush - 24 att, 150 yds, 4TDs (And 27 yards for Demps)
Jacob Tamme - 7 rec, 147 yds
Gunnar Gunnerson - 1 INT and 3 Tackles

Chiefs

Donterius Bailey - 10 of 22, 146 yds, 1TD, 4INTs
Jamaal Charles - 9 att, 118 yds, 2TDs
Troy Nolan - 1 INT and 4 Tackles

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not sure where you get that there's a rule against it. It has pretty much always been stated that no matter what the score is, if there is time left on the clock and you're forced with a 4th down, you can kick the field goal. If I had been at your 20, it surely would have been allowed. So, I don't really see how kicking it from the 39 is really any different.

If anything...you could just argue that it might have been a bad call on my part thinking Bironas could hit it. But that's not a "sportsmanship" call. You can say that I ended up giving you the ball at the 46 instead of the 20...but I thought he could make it (as I've hit from 50+ with him in the past). I will say, if you had been chewing clock and indicating that you wanted the game to end, I would have punted. As it was, I was in no man's land, and would have been kicking myself if those 3 points came into play with the way you were airing the ball out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry commish your right! My bad man!
See ya in two weeks! Get some revenge then hopefully!

Opinions in this league are for suckers!

[quote name='Docb9110']Sorry commish your right! My bad man!
See ya in two weeks! Get some revenge then hopefully!

Opinions in this league are for suckers![/QUOTE]

It's cool. Like I said, it was probably just a stupid call on my part. But now I know that Bironas can't make a field goal from 56, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's cool. Like I said, it was probably just a stupid call on my part. But now I know that Bironas can't make a field goal from 56, lol.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! See ya on the battlefield!

Before we advanced my K had like 11k XP, others had 9k, 8k and a lot of guys with like 5k. Now after we advanced, everybody is under 2k. Anybody got an idea what's up with that?

[quote name='HooRox']Before we advanced my K had like 11k XP, others had 9k, 8k and a lot of guys with like 5k. Now after we advanced, everybody is under 2k. Anybody got an idea what's up with that?[/QUOTE]

Ty Warrened!!!!!

[quote name='HooRox']Before we advanced my K had like 11k XP, others had 9k, 8k and a lot of guys with like 5k. Now after we advanced, everybody is under 2k. Anybody got an idea what's up with that?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you auto progressed on accident......or the curse of forever injured Ty Warren!

[quote name='Konfusion']Maybe you auto progressed on accident......or the curse of forever injured Ty Warren![/QUOTE]

I did not auto progress. I'm buying into the curse theory,

Also, the game dropped a CB and now I only have 52 players, one of whom is still Ty Warren. I definitely feel cursed. Weren't we talking about the league becoming self-aware? I think we might be there...

Also, the game deleted the trade offer to rid myself of Ty Warren. This is creepy. 8-| However, now that I look at Troy's situation, he doesn't have the cap room to do the trade and drop deal, so that angle is moot.

I need someone who has cap room and a player they can drop temporarily so we can do a trade and I can expunge Ty Warren and his pesky spirit from my team, then you can go to the website and send him back to the Netherworld from whence he came. I think we should also burn the bones just to be sure.

[quote name='HooRox']Also, the game dropped a CB and now I only have 52 players, one of whom is still Ty Warren. I definitely feel cursed. Weren't we talking about the league becoming self-aware? I think we might be there...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HooRox']Also, the game deleted the trade offer to rid myself of Ty Warren. This is creepy. 8-| However, now that I look at Troy's situation, he doesn't have the cap room to do the trade and drop deal, so that angle is moot.

I need someone who has cap room and a player they can drop temporarily so we can do a trade and I can expunge Ty Warren and his pesky spirit from my team, then you can go to the website and send him back to the Netherworld from whence he came. I think we should also burn the bones just to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was worried you wouldn't have enough time to get that taken care of. Obviously, get the Warren trade/drop taken care of, and then feel free to re-sign your players the CPU dropped (if you can tell us who they were so everyone can be aware not to sign them, that would be good). I think everyone would agree that these are extenuating circumstances.

I do have to say though, I find it incredibly amusing that EA's Madden logic would cut extra players, but keep a player that you can't use. That is seriously the type of programming I've come to expect from EA. Top shelf.

The curse of Ty Warren will be sung in old pubs everywhere.

Now gather all here and listen what I say
The curse of old Ty Warren lives with us today

He could creep around without a sound
Curse you and everything around

But you'd never know where he would go
Everybody, no one knows

I've seen him curse potato peelers
I've seen him curse the Steelers

I've seen him curse John Close
I've seen him curse the Broncos

I've seen him curse the Bolts
I've seen him curse the Colts

I've seen him curse protection
I've seen him curse the Texans

But Don't you look and don't you gleam
Because Ty Warren will get your team

I never said I was good at poetry. :D

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, I was worried you wouldn't have enough time to get that taken care of. Obviously, get the Warren trade/drop taken care of, and then feel free to re-sign your players the CPU dropped (if you can tell us who they were so everyone can be aware not to sign them, that would be good). I think everyone would agree that these are extenuating circumstances.

I do have to say though, I find it incredibly amusing that EA's Madden logic would cut extra players, but keep a player that you can't use. That is seriously the type of programming I've come to expect from EA. Top shelf.[/QUOTE]

So, in my freaked out state, I counted the "active" players which is 52. However, since Warren is inactive, that makes 53 on the roster and the game only dropped one CB, not two. So that makes a little more sense. On the other hand, the guy that was dropped is gone! I mean like he never existed. In fact, I don't even remember his name anymore. It's all surreal. Anyway, I found another CB, do I'd like to grab -- Jayron Hosley once I am able.

Btw, since Troy doesn't have cap room, Kaster agreed to help out his old man. We're getting the trade and drop going shortly, I think.

Nate, I need to drop a player to get this done. Am I good to pick up the player I drop after I'm done with Warren?

Also, I assume I should wait as long as possible to play Green Bay?

[quote name='KasterDB']Nate, I need to drop a player to get this done. Am I good to pick up the player I drop after I'm done with Warren?

Also, I assume I should wait as long as possible to play Green Bay?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. I'll contact Steggy tomorrow to see if he wants his team back.

Are we going to make sure everybody has 53 players before we play our games?

Also I saw a team with a HB as there starting FB then with there TE in the WR lineup. I remember we talked about this and what did we finalize on?

I think a bunch of teams still have random people in random places because of the preseason and new player pickups. I know that I don't have my depth chart set to accommodate my new players. Maybe just post teams that need to re-order their line up so that people know they have needs to address.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I think a bunch of teams still have random people in random places because of the preseason and new player pickups. I know that I don't have my depth chart set to accommodate my new players. Maybe just post teams that need to re-order their line up so that people know they have needs to address.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know I haven't set mine how I'd like yet.

Well, how about we say that you should have your depth chart issues cleared up BEFORE playing your Week 1 game. And you must be at 53 players by Week 2. At least that gives people a little bit of slack, but at the same time...makes them responsible for the lineup they bring out against you in game one. If you've got time to play your game, you've got time to fix your depth chart.

Also, if people notice issues with these things, don't bother being vague and saying "some teams". Just say what team it is and we can deal with the issue. The team you're talking about might not even be aware that their roster has an issue. Being vague about it just wastes time.

[quote name='jbake_11']I tried to play my game against the browns but I don't believe he puts his team on autopilot, how does this work now?[/QUOTE]

He's out of town until Monday or Tuesday. But I'll put his team on autopilot for you later this evening, and you can play the CPU whenever you get a chance.

bengals vs redskins going down at 7 central... kinda sucks since we just played a preseason game right before but im sure like me he didnt show very much

[quote name='DVO21']bengals vs redskins going down at 7 central... kinda sucks since we just played a preseason game right before but im sure like me he didnt show very much[/QUOTE]

You guys were matched up in the preseason? And you play in Week 1? Really?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You guys were matched up in the preseason? And you play in Week 1? Really?[/QUOTE]

yep pretty lame but it was a good matchup

also we are going to have to restart our game we had a disconnect i was up 3-0 in the 2nd quarter and RGIII just had a huge run to the 1 yard line as soon as i tackled him out bounds we disconnected going to try again very soon

[quote name='DVO21']yep pretty lame but it was a good matchup

also we are going to have to restart our game we had a disconnect i was up 3-0 in the 2nd quarter and RGIII just had a huge run to the 1 yard line as soon as i tackled him out bounds we disconnected going to try again very soon[/QUOTE]

Wow...I can't even process the Madden logic that comes up with that schedule. As far as I remember, the real NFL schedule doesn't have any teams play in the preseason that play in the regular season...let alone week 1. That is so bad, lol.

Ok, the Browns, Rams, and Packers have been put on autopilot. A PM has been sent to steggy also to see if he'd be interested in regaining control of the Packers. However long you're able to wait to play that game, Kaster, is up to you. Trying to get you an opponent though.

bread's done
Back