CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

Had a really fun game with Tiger yesterday. Although my passing game was great, I had -2 rushing yards, while Tiger ran for over 200 with Arian Foster. So I really need some help in the secondary (Tiger did give me some tips) and I need a HB who isn't made of glass.

[quote name='slofton']Soooo... Hopped on before work yesterday to play the cowboys Cpu like he said I could do. But, he never put them on auto. Gotta love losing precious sleep time.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I haven't been on to switch it.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, we've advanced to Week 9. Several games went unplayed this past week. A lot of them have been discussed, but I just want to say, as we finish out this season, if you're having trouble getting in touch with an opponent, please PM me (and please don't leave it for the last minute). Just posting offhand comments in the thread isn't going to get it resolved.

At this point, I'm not even 100% sure who still cares enough to be playing all of their games. So, if someone is PM'ing me telling me that they haven't heard anything from their opponent, I'm probably going to be inclined to let them play the CPU. Anyway, the deadline for Week 9 is 5/9.[/QUOTE]

Come on. I can't post anything if I'm annoyed? We were both in contact very much. He was supposed to put them on auto and didn't. By the time I was able to play at 4pm on the deadline, it was already to late to try and contact you to switch them over.

[quote name='njrockpd']My bad. I haven't been on to switch it.[/QUOTE]

Just let the person know next time that you can't do it in a timely manner or ask to be put on auto.

[quote name='slofton']Come on. I can't post anything if I'm annoyed? We were both in contact very much. He was supposed to put them on auto and didn't. By the time I was able to play at 4pm on the deadline, it was already to late to try and contact you to switch them over.[/QUOTE]

That's not what I'm saying at all. You're allowed to be annoyed. As long as it doesn't turn into a post of "How come my opponent wasn't put on auto and my game got simmed??????" it doesn't make much difference to me. If he was supposed to do it and didn't, then yeah...that's on him. But it also raises the question for the future of whether you'd be willing to trust that your opponent will take care of it or not.

This just happened with a different game the previous week. My post wasn't solely meant for you. It's becoming a more common trend as we reach the latter stages of the league...and it's something everyone should be conscious of.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']That's not what I'm saying at all. You're allowed to be annoyed. As long as it doesn't turn into a post of "How come my opponent wasn't put on auto and my game got simmed??????" it doesn't make much difference to me. If he was supposed to do it and didn't, then yeah...that's on him. But it also raises the question for the future of whether you'd be willing to trust that your opponent will take care of it or not.

This just happened with a different game the previous week. My post wasn't solely meant for you. It's becoming a more common trend as we reach the latter stages of the league...and it's something everyone should be conscious of.[/QUOTE]

The CAG gods were not to blame on this one at all. We both never asked for them to be out on auto. I don't mind the simming, I just mind to missing out on sleep. I love sleep.

[quote name='Matt Young']Had a really fun game with Tiger yesterday. Although my passing game was great, I had -2 rushing yards, while Tiger ran for over 200 with Arian Foster. So I really need some help in the secondary (Tiger did give me some tips) and I need a HB who isn't made of glass.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that works out for you

Tiger, you've got some explaining to do. 63-7 win over the CPU Packers with Cam Newton throwing for 5 TDs and Arian Foster rushing for 4. 553 yards of offense, and only a 12:13 to 7:47 difference in time of possession. That very much looks like mining XP. You're expected to play the CPU the same way you would a human opponent. Obviously, backups were never brought in...and it really doesn't look like much clock was chewed. I've already had a few people question why you're playing in a "learning league" to begin with, since you've put up some pretty ridiculous numbers across both leagues. Have anything to say here?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Tiger, you've got some explaining to do. 63-7 win over the CPU Packers with Cam Newton throwing for 5 TDs and Arian Foster rushing for 4. 553 yards of offense, and only a 12:13 to 7:47 difference in time of possession. That very much looks like mining XP. You're expected to play the CPU the same way you would a human opponent. Obviously, backups were never brought in...and it really doesn't look like much clock was chewed. I've already had a few people question why you're playing in a "learning league" to begin with, since you've put up some pretty ridiculous numbers across both leagues. Have anything to say here?[/QUOTE]

first off i appreciate you asking me to explain myself.
cam newton- 9-13 252 yrds 5 td's with a 79 yrd long td pass to bowe...all happened in the first half
foster- 35 attempts 294 yrds..... 4 td's all came in the third and beginning of the 4th
with them turning it over 4 times i had a short field 3/4 times and not taking up much time
the whole 3-4 quarters the time was being chewed out with running the ball...i knelt out 2 drives in the 4th
and as far as being in this league.. i went 6-10 in the official league this year for my first year...yea i had good rushing stats in there but almost everyone would play a man nickel defense so i ran when i was up and i ran when i was down...i took what they were giving me...id be down 28 and still be able to break off 20-30 yrd runs.

but seeing as the complete story is not published anywhere it is hard for anyone else to see how it went down...i also believe anyone who has played me has had positive feed back about my play style and myself..i think maybe we should play a practice game...and that goes for anyone else who wants to play me that isnt on my schedule.....if there are anymore questions id be more then willing to answer them

[quote name='Yo Soy El Tiger']first off i appreciate you asking me to explain myself.
cam newton- 9-13 252 yrds 5 td's with a 79 yrd long td pass to bowe...all happened in the first half
foster- 35 attempts 294 yrds..... 4 td's all came in the third and beginning of the 4th
with them turning it over 4 times i had a short field 3/4 times and not taking up much time
the whole 3-4 quarters the time was being chewed out with running the ball...i knelt out 2 drives in the 4th
and as far as being in this league.. i went 6-10 in the official league this year for my first year...yea i had good rushing stats in there but almost everyone would play a man nickel defense so i ran when i was up and i ran when i was down...i took what they were giving me...id be down 28 and still be able to break off 20-30 yrd runs.

but seeing as the complete story is not published anywhere it is hard for anyone else to see how it went down...i also believe anyone who has played me has had positive feed back about my play style and myself..i think maybe we should play a practice game...and that goes for anyone else who wants to play me that isnt on my schedule.....if there are anymore questions id be more then willing to answer them[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt that the CPU was turning the ball over, and I appreciate the steps you did take to not run up the score. But this still doesn't really address Foster even playing in the 4th quarter. With a 49-7 lead at the start of the quarter, it's kind of crazy that he's even in there. No offence, but personally, I wish he would have broken his leg, so you could realize how stupid that was. Considering how late in the league this is happening, I'm going to give you a warning strike. You've already proven yourself to be very dominant in this league. Don't get greedy and start pushing your luck.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I don't doubt that the CPU was turning the ball over, and I appreciate the steps you did take to not run up the score. But this still doesn't really address Foster even playing in the 4th quarter. With a 49-7 lead at the start of the quarter, it's kind of crazy that he's even in there. No offence, but personally, I wish he would have broken his leg, so you could realize how stupid that was. Considering how late in the league this is happening, I'm going to give you a warning strike. You've already proven yourself to be very dominant in this league. Don't get greedy and start pushing your luck.[/QUOTE]
alright

Bengals squeak by the texans... darren sproles got hurt early in the 2nd quarter made the game pretty tough

Good game as always doc

You a well DVO! Let that be a lesson to all other! You have to remember that Brian Cushing isn't affraid to hurt people! Lol he rocked Sproles hard enough to rattle the ball loose 2 times plus hurt him! Run up the middle if you dare!

[quote name='Docb9110']You a well DVO! Let that be a lesson to all other! You have to remember that Brian Cushing isn't affraid to hurt people! Lol he rocked Sproles hard enough to rattle the ball loose 2 times plus hurt him! Run up the middle if you dare![/QUOTE]

Mufasa: Look, Sproles. Everything the light touches is our kingdom.
Sproles: Everything the light touches... But what about that shadowy place?
Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Sproles. That is the realm of Brian Cushing.

[quote name='slofton']Mufasa: Look, Sproles. Everything the light touches is our kingdom.
Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Sproles. That is the realm of Brian Cushing.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wonder how much acid people in this league do. :cool:

[quote name='slofton']Mufasa: Look, Sproles. Everything the light touches is our kingdom.
Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Sproles. That is the realm of Brian Cushing.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhcsaaveeennnyaaaaaa!!!!

LMAO... The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie. Just picked up the 3D Blu-ray set a couple weeks ago before the movie went back into the vault. I have had "Be Prepared" stuck in my head ever since I watched it.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Sometimes I wonder how much acid people in this league do. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Haha!! I'm actually on my way to do a random drug test lol

[quote name='Docb9110']Ahh when I was a cop I only had 1 random drug test! The others we knew about lol[/QUOTE]

Haha. That sounds about right. My 2nd random one in 10 years

We have advanced to Week 10. 5 unplayed games this week. I'm guessing GpNinja is officially out. Others who have said they weren't didn't make much of an effort either. Sign of the times, lol. It'll definitely be nice to get a break between games though (should be at least 2 months).

It's interesting to me that the only real thing the official league accomplished by moving to the 2 day advancement was finishing up sooner. They completed 4 seasons last year, and they completed 4 seasons this year. By the time Madden 25 comes out, they'll have been on break for almost 4 months. That seems like a long time...but as anyone "in charge" can attest to, it's very much needed as well.

But like someone mentioned in their thread, if they start out with a 2 day advancement next year, it should give them an extra season. Hell of a pace to keep up with for 8-9 months though. I know I couldn't even consider doing it. I may be feeling overconfident since my daughter just slept back to back 12 hour nights, but I might be ok with moving this league to a 3 day advancement next year. We'll see though.

Just things to ponder as you all don't play your games. ;) Deadline for Week 10 will be 5/13!

Whoo!! How about Nadden 25 subscribes to the forums and whenever someone asks if we advanced, it automatically advances? We could probably do around 40 seasons next year.

Also, I hate the sim thought process. How is it the computer decides to run the ball 30+ times with WRs like this?! lol

Two sims in a row for me. I am anxious to play! It's been a bit tough with work and my wife not being able to drive at the moment.

Nate: Flyersfan had a power outage last night, which is why our game didn't get played. We were in contact.

Also, it's interesting that we have another corrections officer in Madden league.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate: Flyersfan had a power outage last night, which is why our game didn't get played. We were in contact.

Also, it's interesting that's we have another corrections officer in Madden league.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he PM'd me last night. Glad you were ok with a sim because I just getting off my Xbox and wasn't able to get back to it until like 1AM EST.

You play me this week though. What's your availability for this weekend look like?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, he PM'd me last night. Glad you were ok with a sim because I just getting off my Xbox and wasn't able to get back to it until like 1AM EST.

You play me this week though. What's your availability for this weekend look like?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty much free most of the weekend. I can schedule a game today between 5:30-8:30 Central (before Kings/Blues). Tomorrow, I will be going to see Iron Man 3 at 4:30 Central but can play after I get home from the movie.

weirdest thing ever keeps happening to myself and the giants owner for some reason we both keep getting the game session isnt available when trying to play our game. we can both people other people online jsut not each other. we even tried playing outside of CCM and it still didnt work. we tried earlier today and tonight but no luck. we are going to try again tomorrow afternoon. anyone ever had this happen or any idea of how to get it to work?

[quote name='DVO21']weirdest thing ever keeps happening to myself and the giants owner for some reason we both keep getting the game session isnt available when trying to play our game. we can both people other people online jsut not each other. we even tried playing outside of CCM and it still didnt work. we tried earlier today and tonight but no luck. we are going to try again tomorrow afternoon. anyone ever had this happen or any idea of how to get it to work?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I've done is try it again the next day, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. There's not a good fix that I've found online.

[quote name='Matt Young']
Also, it's interesting that we have another corrections officer in Madden league.[/QUOTE]

What state/county do you work for? Didn't know there was a fellow knuckle dragger here!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slofton']What state/county do you work for? Didn't know there was a fellow knuckle dragger here![/QUOTE]

I worded that poorly. While I did once consider working as one years ago, it never happened. I was referring to Man2008.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just made room. I got one message from you. Not sure if there was another one.[/QUOTE]

I was just letting you know the movie plans I had were rescheduled for tomorrow, and that I could play earlier. But I just realized the time I gave you in the PM I just sent won't work. Movie showing tomorrow is at the same time- 4:30 Central. Could you do 7:30 Central?

[quote name='Docb9110']N8 don't forget to put Troy on auto for me. He said to play his CPU for sure.

Edit: thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry. I didn't get to it until late last night. It's been a crazy weekend.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, sorry. I didn't get to it until late last night. It's been a crazy weekend.[/QUOTE]

No worries I got the game in early this morning!

Haven't heard from my opponent so I guess we're gonna have to sim it. If for some reason he's on autopilot I might get it played soon, but I'm not feeling well so the sim is okay with me.

Early Playoff Picture:

AFC:
1. Ravens (9-0)
2. Broncos (8-1)
3. Titans (7-2)
4. Bills (7-2)
5. Jets (6-3)
6. Texans (6-3)

In the Hunt: (Physically, not just statistically. Almost anyone could "technically" make it.)
Jaguars (5-4)
Chiefs (5-4)
Bengals (4-5)
Raiders (4-5)

NFC
1. 49ers (9-0)
2. Giants (8-1)
3. Saints (6-3)
4. Lions (6-3)
5. Redskins (7-2)
6. Bears (5-4)

In the Hunt: