CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

At this point, I really have no clue who is done and who isn't. At least try to contact your opponent, and if you don't hear anything, just try to let me know at least 24 hours before the deadline so you can play the CPU. That's about the best I've got for ya for this final season, haha.

Falcons beat the Chiefs 55-24

Falcons:
Matt Ryan 14/18 331 yards 5tds 2 int
T. Jones 16 ATT60 yards 2 rec 29 yards
J. Jones 6 rec 157 yards 3 TDs
V. Davis 2 rec 71 yards 2 TDs
V. Jackson 2 rec 52 yards
R. White 2 rec 22 yards

Defense 3 ints 1 for td and a fumble recovery where the QB decided to run 15 yards back and got hit hard inside the end zone.

Chiefs:
D. Bailey 10/23 185 yards 1 td. Would have thowen for a lot more, but running 20 yards back before throwing it kinda hurts.

J. Charles 11 att 130 yards 2 TDs I could not stop him to save my life.

Defense 2 sacks 2 ints

yeah i have to hold back my style slofton because i feel i cant run with my QB in this league (for the purpose of rules and sportsmanship), so i'm having a hard time adjusting. it was a gg though, i just totally blew it in the 3rd i think it was.

[quote name='sicsonic']yeah i have to hold back my style slofton because i feel i cant run with my QB in this league (for the purpose of rules and sportsmanship), so i'm having a hard time adjusting. it was a gg though, i just totally blew it in the 3rd i think it was.[/QUOTE]

There was about 3 plays that shouldn't have happened, but completely went in my favor. I was worried when each opening drive was a 1 play td

[quote name='sicsonic']yeah i have to hold back my style slofton because i feel i cant run with my QB in this league (for the purpose of rules and sportsmanship), so i'm having a hard time adjusting. it was a gg though, i just totally blew it in the 3rd i think it was.[/QUOTE]

Your normal style is to not use sportsmanship? lol. In what way are you wanting you run with your QB? "Everyone is covered, pocket breaks down" running has and will always be ok. But if your method of "Running with the QB" involves 5 wide streaks, there is no skill there. Designed QB runs are also allowed. Not sure what way you feel limited.

[quote name='slofton']There was about 3 plays that shouldn't have happened, but completely went in my favor. I was worried when each opening drive was a 1 play td[/QUOTE]

3 plays that shouldn't have happened? In terms of "Maddening" or rules?

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports'] 3 plays that shouldn't have happened? In terms of "Maddening" or rules?[/QUOTE]

Maddening. Im pretty sure Julio Jones caught a pass through his stomach on one of them.

The only oddity of the playstyle was running back 20 yards out of the pocket and then passing. Sacks were impossible due to the 20 yard chase. It ended up working out to my advantage though. I just dropped my DLing into coverage. His WRs had to run back to the LOS to catch as pass.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Your normal style is to not use sportsmanship? lol. In what way are you wanting you run with your QB? "Everyone is covered, pocket breaks down" running has and will always be ok. But if your method of "Running with the QB" involves 5 wide streaks, there is no skill there. Designed QB runs are also allowed. Not sure what way you feel limited.[/QUOTE]

It is "Everyone is covered, pocket breaks down", but i just feel like my rookie QB/kaep are pretty quick and it'd be a cheap way to get first downs.

i don't know, maybe i'm too conservative, but i just really hate cheesing and i respect those that don't.

[quote name='slofton']I was worried when each opening drive was a 1 play td[/QUOTE]

That was crazy.

As for the fumble in the end zone, I thought i threw it off in time but turns out I was too late.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Interesting news - EA has decided to discontinue the "Online Pass" policy for their games. I want to see this as a good thing, but part of me wonders if this could support the "next gen systems won't play used games" theory, since that would make online passes unnecessary anyway. For some reason, I just can't see EA feeling generous all of a sudden.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/15/ea-online-pass-ends/[/QUOTE]

I am sure they just want to do something nice for their loyal customers... HA! Just kidding!

It reality, I think it would be idiotic for these companies to release systems that don't play used games. Without used games, Gamestop goes out of business. Without Gamestop, they are selling far less systems and preorders/new games. They only possible way I could see that happening is if the Xbox was an online only store (Like Steam). It short, no way it happens.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I am sure they just want to do something nice for their loyal customers... HA! Just kidding!

It reality, I think it would be idiotic for these companies to release systems that don't play used games. Without used games, Gamestop goes out of business. Without Gamestop, they are selling far less systems and preorders/new games. They only possible way I could see that happening is if the Xbox was an online only store (Like Steam). It short, no way it happens.[/QUOTE]

If they had the online store WITH the steamlike sales? God, id be all over that

Can't work out anything with my opponent (he's available late and I'm available early) so I'm going to put myself on auto for the week because I've been the less available of the two of us this week.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Can't work out anything with my opponent (he's available late and I'm available early) so I'm going to put myself on auto for the week because I've been the less available of the two of us this week.[/QUOTE]

Was just about to play a couple hours ago when I realized the date in the thread. I really thought the deadline was Thursday night. I'm pretty sure I even dated a few things wrong at work 8-[ Anyway I sent you a pm back to see if you can play Friday at all.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']Whoever the Jets play next.. I'll be out of town until late Monday night so go ahead and play the CPU. I'll PM n8 to put me on auto[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I play you next. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone see that the Madden 25 Anniversary Edition ($100) at Amazon will come with a 1 year subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket? It seems like a really good deal for those already planning on getting it.

[quote name='Blade3D']Anyone see that the Madden 25 Anniversary Edition ($100) at Amazon will come with a 1 year subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket? It seems like a really good deal for those already planning on getting it.[/QUOTE]
wow thats pretty good... we don't need direct tv either right? we can play it on a PS3?

[quote name='Blade3D']You do not need DirecTV. It will play in a PC browser, some Android devices, iOS devices, and PS3.[/QUOTE]

Might want to read the fine print first. It seems you have to sign up for a year of DirecTV unless you live in an area where DirecTV isnt available.

[quote name='Superstar']Ah! Thanks. That would explain the 0-9 record im assuming..[/QUOTE]

Can you put yourself on auto from the ea connected careers website. I brought my system to work today and I can't hook it back up right now..

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Might want to read the fine print first. It seems you have to sign up for a year of DirecTV unless you live in an area where DirecTV isnt available.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I am unable to receive DirecTV because I have a wall of 70 ft tall poplars between me and the western sky. Under #3 in the features, the language actually reads "For fans unable to receive DirecTV service..." will get a code for Sunday ticket on computer, tablet, etc. It doesn't actually say "where DirecTV is not available." This looks interesting...

Sweet! I am 100% in. I can't get direct tv in my apartment complex so I paid like $300 for sunday ticket and it worked on my ps3, pc, and android phone. Now it seems like I only have to pay $40 for this (since I would already be paying $60 for Madden).

So Zolor and I decide we would play sometime between "9 and 10p EST" tonight. It's 10:10p and I have yet to hear from him. I am hoping everything is okay, however, I won't be waiting past 10:30p for him.

[quote name='HooRox']Hmmm... I am unable to receive DirecTV because I have a wall of 70 ft tall poplars between me and the western sky. Under #3 in the features, the language actually reads "For fans unable to receive DirecTV service..." will get a code for Sunday ticket on computer, tablet, etc. It doesn't actually say "where DirecTV is not available." This looks interesting...[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with that. I just don't know what would stop anybody from saying "Oh, sorry. I can't get DirecTV." and then just using the free code. Is DirecTV going to actually confirm with every person who makes that claim that it's true? That's where my only disbelief in the "it won't work for me" argument comes from. Seems like it would be less work for them to just say "Well, we offer it in your area. Sorry if your conditions aren't right for it."

Hey Nate, I think I am done waiting for the night. If you could put him on auto, I will play the CPU in the morning. Hopefully, he'll get in contact with me by then. If not, sorry to have held up the league. I will knock out that game before lunchtime.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I totally agree with that. I just don't know what would stop anybody from saying "Oh, sorry. I can't get DirecTV." and then just using the free code. Is DirecTV going to actually confirm with every person who makes that claim that it's true? That's where my only disbelief in the "it won't work for me" argument comes from. Seems like it would be less work for them to just say "Well, we offer it in your area. Sorry if your conditions aren't right for it."[/QUOTE]

I don't think they really do anything to verify if you can receive DirecTV, thus you can just sign up for the streaming service. People said they had already been doing this to get it for the PC streaming, or PS3 streaming previously which was mentioned in the thread on CAG and SD.

[quote name='Blade3D']I don't think they really do anything to verify if you can receive DirecTV, thus you can just sign up for the streaming service. People said they had already been doing this to get it for the PC streaming, or PS3 streaming previously which was mentioned in the thread on CAG and SD.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what I was getting at. I don't know why they even bother to say it's restricted. I guess it's a bluff to hope that some people will "follow the rules" and not try to take advantage of them. But if there's no simple way of proving who is an "eligible gamer" and who's not...then everyone is an eligible gamer, lol. All that said, I still don't need Sunday Ticket, haha. I guess I can thank the Bills for sucking horrendously for the last 20 years and making it easy for me to stop caring about them after I moved away from western NY.

[quote name='DVO21']Have we advanced[/QUOTE]

About to get to it now. We would have advanced last night, but there were multiple problems. Before my game with pitfallharry, he warned me that his Xbox had been overheating, and if it did so in our game, that I could play the CPU. Sure enough, toward the end of the 1st quarter, it overheated. Since it was CAG Hockey Night, I didn't feel like playing the CPU right then, so I didn't get it done until pretty late. Also, Dark Rider got stood up by Zolor, and he had to be put on auto pilot...which also didn't get done until late, for Dark Rider to play the game this morning.

tl:dr - No

EDIT - Looks like Dark Rider didn't play his game this morning anyway. Well, that was a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super sorry about that! Today was crazy. I wasn't sure if you had put me on auto, and I was super busy all day. Sorry again! I hope I won the sim!

Edit: I did.

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't think he's played a single game. He never responded to my messages the 2 times I was scheduled to play him.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok thanks! Based on that I'm going to go ahead and play. I don't want to wait last minute

Edit: The game won't load in for some reason! It's stuck in the loading screen 4 times now. This happen to anyone else?

Just saw the amazon deal. I guess I'll preorder the madden 25 amazon deal and see how it goes with all the details before I actually get charged when it ships.

Edit: I'm probably thinking too much, but since this deal is a little different, I still won't get charged before it ships like every other amazon preorder?

[quote name='Docb9110']Ahh ok thanks! Based on that I'm going to go ahead and play. I don't want to wait last minute

Edit: The game won't load in for some reason! It's stuck in the loading screen 4 times now. This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason you NEED to play the CPU 3 days before advance? I get that he hasn't been responsive to other people and hasn't played in a while, but you could at least give the guy a chance. My opponent was pitfallharry this past week, and he told me that he wasn't really planning on playing his games unless his opponent contacted him. But we took the time and set up something for the day of the deadline.

And I've got troy this week, who hasn't played his last several games. But I'm at least trying to set something up with these guys...and not just begging to play the CPU the day after advance. So, I'm waiting until the last day to play tough opponents and you asking to play the CPU almost immediately. That seems like a fair division race...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Is there a reason you NEED to play the CPU 3 days before advance? I get that he hasn't been responsive to other people and hasn't played in a while, but you could at least give the guy a chance. My opponent was pitfallharry this past week, and he told me that he wasn't really planning on playing his games unless his opponent contacted him. But we took the time and set up something for the day of the deadline.

And I've got troy this week, who hasn't played his last several games. But I'm at least trying to set something up with these guys...and not just begging to play the CPU the day after advance. So, I'm waiting until the last day to play tough opponents and you asking to play the CPU almost immediately. That seems like a fair division race...[/QUOTE]

I messaged him yesterday and today. Apologize for not saying that But I get your point. Tough opponent? 3-7 I believe? I'll wait to make it fair for you though! Appreciate the tone you used to Albeit your usually douchy tone it was nice to hear from you and be called out for trying to make the division race unfair

Doesn't take much to see someone is blue, not breathing an has no pulse and has been laying there for 4 weeks..lets give them a chance to get back up and work around their schedule because obviously they care!

Good luck with Troy!

[quote name='Docb9110']I messaged him yesterday and today. Apologize for not saying that But I get your point. Tough opponent? 3-7 I believe? I'll wait to make it fair for you though! Appreciate the tone you used to Albeit your usually douchy tone it was nice to hear from you and be called out for trying to make the division race unfair

Doesn't take much to see someone is blue, not breathing an has no pulse and has been laying there for 4 weeks..lets give them a chance to get back up and work around their schedule because obviously they care!

Good luck with Troy![/QUOTE]

All right...I'll indulge you. *puts on bad guy hat* Take your pot shots and your barbs at me. They're adorable. You still didn't answer the question of why you need to play the CPU the day after we advance. You have 3 days to find 45 minutes of time to play the CPU if he does in fact never respond. You messaged him yesterday and today. Ok...well, today is still TODAY, so how can that even be counted as an opportunity for him to respond?

The best argument you have here is that it's been around 24 hours since you reached out and you haven't heard from him. Is that a reasonable complaint? I think so. But it still doesn't address the fact that the deadline is 3 days away. Are you going out of town? Do you have to work 12 hour shifts the next 2 days? Do you anticipate slipping into a coma this evening? All I asked was if there was a reason the game NEEDED to be played that soon...and why the chance couldn't be afforded (even if it's slim) that he might respond and say "yeah, hey...I've been curious about playing you. I'd like to play."

And are you seriously referencing pitfallharry's record as a legitimate reason for him not being a tough opponent? And you think I'M a douche? lol. Wow...disrespectful as fuck to someone who is always competitive and has won two championships in this league for God's sake. Seriously, man. It is incredibly amusing how much your disdain for me can cloud your judgment and your potential for rational thought. My hat is truly off to you, sir.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right...I'll indulge you. *puts on bad guy hat* Take your pot shots and your barbs at me. They're adorable. You still didn't answer the question of why you need to play the CPU the day after we advance. You have 3 days to find 45 minutes of time to play the CPU if he does in fact never respond. You messaged him yesterday and today. Ok...well, today is still TODAY, so how can that even be counted as an opportunity for him to respond?

The best argument you have here is that it's been around 24 hours since you reached out and you haven't heard from him. Is that a reasonable complaint? I think so. But it still doesn't address the fact that the deadline is 3 days away. Are you going out of town? Do you have to work 12 hour shifts the next 2 days? Do you anticipate slipping into a coma this evening? All I asked was if there was a reason the game NEEDED to be played that soon...and why the chance couldn't be afforded (even if it's slim) that he might respond and say "yeah, hey...I've been curious about playing you. I'd like to play."

And are you seriously referencing pitfallharry's record as a legitimate reason for him not being a tough opponent? And you think I'M a douche? lol. Wow...disrespectful as fuck to someone who is always competitive and has won two championships in this league for God's sake. Seriously, man. It is incredibly amusing how much your disdain for me can cloud your judgment and your potential for rational thought. My hat is truly off to you, sir.[/QUOTE]

...3-7 is what MY opponents record is big guy! I wasn't referring to pitfall at all! You said referred to giving your "tough opponents" a chance to play so I pointed out MY opponents record. Haha talk about clouded judgment. Reason is I can't play tomorrow and don't want to play on a weekday If I can play today.

[quote name='Docb9110']...3-7 is what MY opponents record is big guy! I wasn't referring to pitfall at all! You said referred to giving your "tough opponents" a chance to play so I pointed out MY opponents record. Haha talk about clouded jjudgement. Reason is I can't play tomorrow and don't want to play on a weekday If I can play today.[/QUOTE]

That makes even less sense. My statement was that I was making an effort to play tough opponents, while you were asking to play the CPU immediately. Nothing about that is untrue and nothing about it has anything to do with the skill of your opponents.

But whatever, man. I don't know why this shit always get retreaded over. The policy has been and always will be, wait until the last day you're available to play your game. If you have a legitimate reason for needing to play the CPU sooner, come in here and say what your legitimate reason is. But if we have people getting into this "I'd really rather not have to play on a weekday" stuff, how in the hell do any games get played? I guess we should move to a 7 day advancement schedule?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That makes even less sense. My statement was that I was making an effort to play tough opponents, while you were asking to play the CPU immediately. Nothing about that is untrue and nothing about it has anything to do with the skill of your opponents.

But whatever, man. I don't know why this shit always get retreaded over. The policy has been and always will be, wait until the last day you're available to play your game. If you have a legitimate reason for needing to play the CPU sooner, come in here and say what your legitimate reason is. But if we have people getting into this "I'd really rather not have to play on a weekday" stuff, how in the hell do any games get played? I guess we should move to a 7 day advancement schedule?[/QUOTE]

I was just stating that i wasnt saying anything about pitfall! Go ahead and sim my game then so we can be fair and make sure you make the playoffs

I GAVE YOU THE REASON because I do have a job during the week and would rather not wait if I DONT HAVE TO BECAUSE ITS A CPU TEAM FROM ALL THE FACTS BROUGHT UP. I answered your question with a legitimate reason, why wait on a game which all odds say that it is going to be played by a cpu. I did my due diligence and messaged him before I posted anything in the thread about him and again messaged him after.

You can open up the Texans. Im sure your as tired of me as I am of you so open them up and ensure its a fair division for you. I was staying in spite of you but i realize its not worth it especially in the last season when most of the games seem to be against the cpu or against teams who havent played games in a while and havent responded to PM's or anything.

TAKE THIS "fair" and so called "gentleman's league" and shove it up your ass. Some may like you as a commish but I feel its only because there arent any other leagues besides yours and the main league.

[quote name='Docb9110']I was just stating that i wasnt saying anything about pitfall! Go ahead and sim my game then so we can be fair and make sure you make the playoffs

I GAVE YOU THE REASON because I do have a job during the week and would rather not wait if I DONT HAVE TO BECAUSE ITS A CPU TEAM FROM ALL THE FACTS BROUGHT UP. I answered your question with a legitimate reason, why wait on a game which all odds say that it is going to be played by a cpu. I did my due diligence and messaged him before I posted anything in the thread about him and again messaged him after.

You can open up the Texans. Im sure your as tired of me as I am of you so open them up and ensure its a fair division for you. I was staying in spite of you but i realize its not worth it especially in the last season when most of the games seem to be against the cpu or against teams who havent played games in a while and havent responded to PM's or anything.

TAKE THIS "fair" and so called "gentleman's league" and shove it up your ass. Some may like you as a commish but I feel its only because there arent any other leagues besides yours and the main league.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...sure thing, guy. Nobody else has any responsibilities or anything else that they might have to schedule games around. It's just you. Hilarious. Then, when you get called out on it, you blow up. I never said that the likely outcome wasn't you playing the CPU anyway. Just that SEEKING that outcome 3 days before the deadline is a bit suspect.

Following that logic, why shouldn't we all PM our opponents, wait 3 hours, and then demand to play the CPU? I realize you waited longer than that for a response...but do you see the slippery slope that establishes? It's for that reason that the policy has always been to wait until the day of the deadline (barring unusual circumstances). How is it fair for some people to be taking every measure to schedule their games and others to just skip ahead to the most beneficial outcome? I'm not even talking about me here. Despite what you say, there are still several people in this league participating and continuing to make an effort. You played one of them just last week.

I've said this for awhile, but you're way beyond the point of agreeing with anything I have to say, whether it's accurate or not. Any post you make directed toward me is littered with sarcasm and venom. There is no way in hell you could possibly play in this league and be objective. I honestly wish you the best of luck in Blade's league next year. Because there's just nothing here for you anymore.

I think I am finally figuring out how to run that thing known as an offense.

GG sicsonic, thank god I don't have to face you and Jamaal Charles anymore. There's nothing more deflating than having your opponent run for 60-70 yards on 4 attempts to start the game, including a 35 yd run to start it off. I think that safety was a turning point for me. Very lucky bounce on the punt to go out of bounds at the 1.

Broncos vs Buccaneers going down tonight at 8p EST. Broncos are fighting for a first round bye, and the Bucs are fighting to stay in the wild card hunt. Should be a good one!

[quote name='Flyersfan']I think I am finally figuring out how to run that thing known as an offense.

GG sicsonic, thank god I don't have to face you and Jamaal Charles anymore. There's nothing more deflating than having your opponent run for 60-70 yards on 4 attempts to start the game, including a 35 yd run to start it off. I think that safety was a turning point for me. Very lucky bounce on the punt to go out of bounds at the 1.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too deflated, I've been having a good season with him :p

[quote name='sicsonic']Don't feel too deflated, I've been having a good season with him :p[/QUOTE]

That man terrified me every time got the ball when we played

Also, can't send a pm. But CHARGERS good for anytime tomorrow after 12pm est

Just so everyone is aware, while playing this evening, Gamerdude and I disconnected. I was up 49-0 with two minutes left (No, I didn't score in the second half). He has put himself on auto and I am just going to play the CPU (Since it was basically over).

It's crazy how much Madden can favor one person in a game. It should have been a lot closer. However, Demps and my defense played insanely. Good game Gamerdude! Sorry Madden made it so one sided.

bread's done
Back