CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

PM'ed the colts about getting our game in today, haven't heard back but if anyone can get a hold of him outside the game let me know. He hasn't been on live either for a couple days. Thank you in advance.

trying to login to EA to play my game against NO and it says the EA servers are not available at this time. Try again later

[quote name='sicsonic']trying to login to EA to play my game against NO and it says the EA servers are not available at this time. Try again later[/QUOTE]

Ouch! Xbox live has been working horribly all weekend.

[quote name='Superstar']Ouch! Xbox live has been working horribly all weekend.[/QUOTE]

should we wait, or what should we do here?

[quote name='sicsonic']should we wait, or what should we do here?[/QUOTE]

We're going to have to wait. I also have a game scheduled for 7pm est for the other league but that most likely wont happen due to the servers being down.

The deadline is tomorrow so if possible we could play tomorrow night, if you're around.

[quote name='Superstar']We're going to have to wait. I also have a game scheduled for 7pm est for the other league but that most likely wont happen due to the servers being down.

The deadline is tomorrow so if possible we could play tomorrow night, if you're around.[/QUOTE]

Ok I don't work tomorrow so I'd have the same schedule tomorrow, anytime, if we can't get one going tonight.

Excellent news. I'm supposed to play doc in 45 minutes, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. Really tired of this XBL/EA server nonsense. If they keep this shit up, I might actually have to go play games on my PS3...or, God forbid...my Wii.

I was trying to play a game of Battlefield 3 and the servers weren't working for that either. How is it that I pay $60 a year for Gold, and $10 for each EA game, and they have some of the worst servers of anyone.

I guess I will just play offline or play Steam if I want something that works.

Edit: Actually, if anyone wants to add me on Steam to play sometime, my id is "BrownWing". I just play on a Mac though, so my selection is fairly limited.

If EA doesn't fix the defensive matchup crap next year I will pass on it. it just matched a LB on Percy Harvin because he ran a formation with the TE in the outer slot.

[quote name='DarkTower80']If EA doesn't fix the defensive matchup crap next year I will pass on it. it just matched a LB on Percy Harvin because he ran a formation with the TE in the outer slot.[/QUOTE]

The most ridiculous part is EA's claim that they took it out because the game would adjust automatically for you. That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. They let us create coaches...even to the extent of implementing Gameface, but yet we can't tell our best defender to stay on their best receiver. There are not enough words to express how fucking retarded that is.

Does anyone know if the defensive assignments option was available in the Madden 12 demo? I'm just trying to think if we'll be able to figure it out if they added it back before the game comes out in August. Maybe I'll try redownloading the Madden 12 demo and see for myself.

Panthers and Colts have been put on auto pilot (the Panthers were already on auto pilot though...probably would have been good to check that before asking me to do it, lol).

Jags over Vikings 42-17, both running backs showed up big. AP had 15 carries for 133 yards and 2 TDs, MJD had 21 carries 219 yards and 4 TDs. Turnovers were the huge difference as Schaub threw 6 picks.

GG Kaster.

Jags 42
Vikings 17

Not much going for Minnesota, Peterson excluded of course. The lovely combination of dropping open passes, opposing defenders catching everything, poor decision making, abandoning the run too soon, and excellent defense and rushing attack by DarkTower made this a pretty sad game for me :cry:

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Panthers and Colts have been put on auto pilot (the Panthers were already on auto pilot though...probably would have been good to check that before asking me to do it, lol).[/QUOTE]

Hey now. I did check. I swear!

I messaged the jets around 5 that i was free the rest of the night but I haven't hear back hopefully we can get a game into tonight.

Titans - 41
Texans - 38

Another thriller in this division rivalry. Surprisingly, I end up winning both games against Houston this season after he beat me both games last season. I feel like we're as evenly matched as two people could be, as most of our games come down to one play.

Big plays were the story of the first half, with neither team's defense showing up. The Titans led 31-28 at half time. Finally, in the 2nd half, we both started buckling down a bit (and shooting ourselves in the foot...probably more of the latter, lol). But doc was able to put together a nice drive before kicking a game tying field goal with :49 left in the game. I tried getting down the field quickly, but I was out of timeouts, so that just wasn't happening. We ended up trading INTs in the final seconds.

In overtime, I was fortunate to win the coin toss (doc won the opening toss of the game), and I managed to put together a lengthy drive, chewing up the entire OT clock before kicking the game-winning goal. I felt a little bad having the ball that entire time...but then I also think the new OT rules are stupid, so it balances out, haha. Good game to doc. He always pushes me to my limit. There's no rhyme or reason why I won this game. It could have easily gone either way if one bounce had gone differently.

Titans
Jake Locker - 14-30, 381 yds, 3 TDs, 3 INTs
Chris Johnson - 21 att, 161 yds, 1 TD, 2 rec, 117 yds, 2 TDs
Nate Washington - 5 rec, 73 yds
Davone Bess - 4 rec, 80 yds
Kendall Wright - 3 rec, 111 yds, 1 TD
Michael Griffin - 4 tackles, 1 INT
Corey Webster - 1 tackle, 2 INTs

Texans
Eddie Murphy - 9-19, 174 yds, 3 TDs, 3 INTs
CJ Spiller - 19 att, 187 yds, 2 TDs, 2 rec, 4 yds
Andre Johnson - 4 rec, 117 yds, 2 TDs
Owen Daniels - 3 rec, 53 yds, 1 TD
Deon'tae Trammell - 8 tackles, 1 INT
Trenton Robinson - 2 tackles, 1 INT
Johnathan Joseph - 1 tackle, 1 INT

[quote name='slofton']Hey now. I did check. I swear![/QUOTE]

Haha, sure...sure. I know I didn't switch anything for him. I'm just glad I waited to do it when I had a game to play anyway...and that there was another team I needed to put on auto too. Otherwise, I'd probably be a little peeved. Hooray for efficiency. ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Titans - 41
Texans - 38

Another thriller in this division rivalry. Surprisingly, I end up winning both games against Houston this season after he beat me both games last season. I feel like we're as evenly matched as two people could be, as most of our games come down to one play.

Big plays were the story of the first half, with neither team's defense showing up. The Titans led 31-28 at half time. Finally, in the 2nd half, we both started buckling down a bit (and shooting ourselves in the foot...probably more of the latter, lol). But doc was able to put together a nice drive before kicking a game tying field goal with :49 left in the game. I tried getting down the field quickly, but I was out of timeouts, so that just wasn't happening. We ended up trading INTs in the final seconds.

In overtime, I was fortunate to win the coin toss (doc won the opening toss of the game), and I managed to put together a lengthy drive, chewing up the entire OT clock before kicking the game-winning goal. I felt a little bad having the ball that entire time...but then I also think the new OT rules are stupid, so it balances out, haha. Good game to doc. He always pushes me to my limit. There's no rhyme or reason why I won this game. It could have easily gone either way if one bounce had gone differently.

Titans
Jake Locker - 14-30, 381 yds, 3 TDs, 3 INTs
Chris Johnson - 21 att, 161 yds, 1 TD, 2 rec, 117 yds, 2 TDs
Nate Washington - 5 rec, 73 yds
Davone Bess - 4 rec, 80 yds
Kendall Wright - 3 rec, 111 yds, 1 TD
Michael Griffin - 4 tackles, 1 INT
Corey Webster - 1 tackle, 2 INTs

Texans
Eddie Murphy - 9-19, 174 yds, 3 TDs, 3 INTs
CJ Spiller - 19 att, 187 yds, 2 TDs, 2 rec, 4 yds
Andre Johnson - 4 rec, 117 yds, 2 TDs
Owen Daniels - 3 rec, 53 yds, 1 TD
Deon'tae Trammell - 8 tackles, 1 INT
Trenton Robinson - 2 tackles, 1 INT
Johnathan Joseph - 1 tackle, 1 INT[/QUOTE]

Good game to you to! I have the colt again next week so the CPU can get all the division rivalries for the AFC south out of the way! 1-2 in division play in the first 3 games if the season! Hahaha!

Ok, had a bit of time, so I did a run through the depth charts. The biggest thing that jumped out was several teams with WRs on their 3DRB depth chart. I know the CPU seems to love to do this, and for most people, I'm guessing this happened when you were on autopilot when we advanced.

Ultimately, I guess having a guy at #3 isn't a huge violation, There were some teams with WRs at #2 3DRB though...and I think that's pushing it too much. Any time your starting HB is tired, it's going to put a WR back there.

Also, I'm guessing Matt Young has hardly looked at the Dolphins depth chart because they had several violations. I really don't suspect dubious intentions here though, as some of the ordering doesn't even make any sense (HB at #1 FB with a 51 OVR, while 70 OVR FB is at #3 FB). These still need to be fixed though.

One other issue is the "putting a significantly better receiver in the slot receiver spot" issue. The biggest offender I noticed of this was the Bills (as seen below). I'm open to moving receivers around regardless of OVR (especially with younger guys). But with two established veterans like this...this seemed a bit suspicious to me. I'd like community feedback on it though.

The Vikings also had an odd situation where it seems like they only have 4 WRs...and don't have anyone at the #5 WR position. But they have Adrian Peterson at #6 WR. I appreciate not putting him at #5, as it shows an awareness of the situation. I'm just just curious why you're carrying only 4 WRs but have 3 TEs? Nothing devious about it. Just struck me as odd.

Anyway, here is the complete list of what I saw

Bills have 82 OVR Steve Smith (not Panthers' Steve Smith) at #3 WR and 70 OVR Mike Williams at #2

Chargers have WR Eddie Royal at #3 3DRB

Cowboys have WR Dez Bryant at #3 3DRB

Dolphins have WRs Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace at #2 and #3 3DRB
Dolphins have HB Jwan Gibson at #1 FB ahead of #3 FB Blake Bloom (lower rated)
Dolphins have TE Michael Egnew at #5 WR ahead of #6 WR Anthony Armstrong (lower rated)

Eagles have WR DeSean Jackson at #3 3DRB

Falcons have WR Julio Jones at #2 3DRB

Lions have WR Calvin Johnson at #3 3DRB

Packers have WR Randall Cobb at #2 3DRB

Raiders have WRs Darrius Heyward-Bey and Jacoby Ford at #2 and #3 3DRB

Rams have WR Kenny Britt at #3 3DRB

Saints have Devery Henderson at #3 3DRB

Vikings have Percy Harvin at #3 3DRB
Vikings only have 4 WRs...and don't seem to have anyone at the #5 WR position, though Adrian Peterson is at #6 WR. They are carrying 3 TEs though.

Oh, I haven't updated my depth chart since the end of the preseason. I cut my original #5 WR and signed a new one. But, ya know, since I haven't updated the depth chart since then, he's not there. If you go to the roster, I have 5 receivers. Sorry for the confusion. I'll fix it next chance I get, as well as the 3DRB thing.

At my depth chart Smith is an 70's ish and Williams is an 82. When you change formation's the ovrs change.

Even IF my formation had smith at 99 ovr id still have him low cause he always drops catches lol.

How do you change the 3dr thing? And what is that position? I thought I had my running backs in the depth chart as Wiles, Turner and Best in that order. I'll fix it when I get on my bad.

[quote name='perdition(troy']How do you change the 3dr thing? And what is that position? I thought I had my running backs as Wiles, Turner and Best in my depth chart.[/QUOTE]

It's 3rd down running back. It's the very last position on the depth chart, after KR/PR and long snapper and all that stuff.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Ah ok ty kaster. Didn't know that you could set up a different back for each down. That's so weird.[/QUOTE]

It's ostensibly there for if your back up RB is a better pass catcher and/or blocker for 3rd and long situations.

My WR depth chart for me are
Johnson 86
Williams 82
Smith 75
Williams 75
Hankerson 74
Cross 73
So sorry for being the biggest offender when I could have never known.

Well, I checked the Madden 12 demo, and there are no strategy settings at all, let alone defensive assignments. So, unless it's something early reviewers actually know to look for, we probably won't find out if EA puts them back in until the game is in our hands. Yay...

My WR 1 is possession that's why Johnson's OVR is 86 if I switched that too speed Ginn would be like in the 90's instead of the 70's.

All this is under Scheme by the way.

[quote name='GpNinja']My WR depth chart for me are
Johnson 86
Williams 82
Smith 75
Williams 75
Hankerson 74
Cross 73
So sorry for being the biggest offender when I could have never known.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...overdramatic much? All I meant by "biggest offender" was that yours stood out the most. It wasn't an indictment of any devious intent. The only other team that had a similar situation was the Chiefs with Welker showing as a 95...and Dwayne Bowe only an 82. But that seems to be a fairly gross exaggeration. Honestly, the "which Mike Williams is it? And which Steve Smith is it?" was harder to figure out than the OVRs. If it's legit, you won't have a problem. All I did was invite people to look at it.

Like I said, I'm not as huge into which receiver goes where because with young guys, they'll have great stats and an AWR of 10...which makes them look terrible. This one just jumped out at me a little more. I was just listing everything that stood out to me, man. Considering that I even listed CPU teams that were violating policies, I hope you can see that it wasn't meant to come down on anyone. Just things that looked odd.

[quote name='GpNinja']I just didn't want to get a strike or anything for something I could have never known.[/QUOTE]

Unless you think the rest of the league is just out to get you, you wouldn't get one. I didn't come in here saying "This is terrible! You're getting a strike!" Look at the list. There were a lot more discrepencies than just yours.

Dammit! I had a fool proof plan that I wasn't even aware of going on! Starting RB Jones and WR Jones as my 3RB. It even fooled me. I could have used this more often.

[quote name='GpNinja']I messaged the jets around 5 that i was free the rest of the night but I haven't hear back hopefully we can get a game into tonight.[/QUOTE]

Just got home. I'll keep my xbox on while I finish up some work.. just message me on xbox live if/when you get on

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']
One other issue is the "putting a significantly better receiver in the slot receiver spot" issue. The biggest offender I noticed of this was the Bills (as seen below). I'm open to moving receivers around regardless of OVR (especially with younger guys). But with two established veterans like this...this seemed a bit suspicious to me. I'd like community feedback on it though.[/QUOTE]

OVR can change a lot depending on scheme and it's not the most useful measure of a player anyway, as you mentioned in a different post.

Colts played good everytime he ran he was one broken tackle away from breaking a big run. Stuck to the run game today, gotta be up in a few hours so I kept the clock moving. Best and Wiles both had TD's, best from 18 yards out and wiles from 62. Detroit D was in mannings face almost every play but didn't get a sack. 2nd half both teams seemed to just run the clock out, lions controlled the clock. gg.

RE: Dolphins- I spent a long time reorganizing the depth chart after having to sign 5-6 guys just to fill out my 53 man roster. I guess being on auto caused the AI to undo all that. I will get on today to try to fix it.

[quote name='Matt Young']RE: Dolphins- I spent a long time reorganizing the depth chart after having to sign 5-6 guys just to fill out my 53 man roster. I guess being on auto caused the AI to undo all that. I will get on today to try to fix it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured. I can't believe the AI would put a 5'9" speed back as the starting FB though. That is messed up. Although, the way this game plays, that sounds like a great "strategy". Think about who usually get stuck covering the FB. I'm almost surprised I haven't seen anyone put their top receiver at FB in ranked games, haha. It's crazy that it seems like even the CPU tries to abuse exploits now. We noticed the same thing in NHL with some of the shots the AI takes.

[quote name='HooRox']Is there any chance of an advance before late tonite?[/QUOTE]

Considering all the problems with XBL and the EA servers this weekend, and games having to be rescheduled, I would be shocked if an early advance was possible. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to extending the deadline a day if it was necessary. There have been some pretty horrible problems on Microsoft/EA's end the past few days.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Considering all the problems with XBL and the EA servers this weekend, and games having to be rescheduled, I would be shocked if an early advance was possible. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to extending the deadline a day if it was necessary. There have been some pretty horrible problems on Microsoft/EA's end the past few days.[/QUOTE]

It's OK, MS is just preparing for an always-online future. It'll all be better then!

What a shitshow in boston. I know some folks out there, no one that was at the marathon or running, but my girlfriend works a street over from where this happened, but was home today avoiding the marathon traffic.

I've been to the marathon twice, that place is friggin' packed. Hope it all gets sorted out, but all the people who lost limbs or those who died, for them and their families, it'll never be right.

Yeah, I live in NH and know a bunch of people who live/work in Boston and several more who went for the marathon. They're okay but it's absolutely horrifying to watch all this.

bread's done
Back