CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Considering all the problems with XBL and the EA servers this weekend, and games having to be rescheduled, I would be shocked if an early advance was possible. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to extending the deadline a day if it was necessary. There have been some pretty horrible problems on Microsoft/EA's end the past few days.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I understand. I was just curious. If we don't advance until tomorrow, would that the Wk 4 due date 4/20? I'm wondering because I will be on travel in Toronto starting tomorrow, but I get back on Saturday. I was hoping to play wk 4 Browns/Steelers tonite, if UMX were available. But if we push the advance to tomorrow and the due date is 4/20, we could play on Sat after I get back. If not, no big deal either way; he can play the CPU. My season and team are already looking like a waste anyway.

[quote name='HooRox']Ok, I understand. I was just curious. If we don't advance until tomorrow, would that the Wk 4 due date 4/20? I'm wondering because I will be on travel in Toronto starting tomorrow, but I get back on Saturday. I was hoping to play wk 4 Browns/Steelers tonite, if UMX were available. But if we push the advance to tomorrow and the due date is 4/20, we could play on Sat after I get back. If not, no big deal either way; he can play the CPU. My season and team are already looking like a waste anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if we push it, the Wk 4 deadline would be 4/20. I'm not even sure how many games in Wk 3 are left though. Anybody know or care to look that up?

Raiders over the Bucs 34-10.

Turnovers were the difference in this one as I lost that battle 6-1 including a fumble on the second play of the game. Good game to FlyersFan, but its hard to take this one too seriously as 14 of his points came on completely broken plays. First, his rookie CB made a one-handed INT on the move that Revis or Champ Bailey could only dream of and waltzed into the endzone. Then in the 3rd quarter on a dump pass to his FB, he shakes off Bart Scott and then when I switch to my safety a few yards ahead the game actually makes him stop his movement and BACKPEDAL a good 5 steps, letting Reece lumber past him and he managed to outrun the rest of the defense to the endzone.

Oh and the only game left is Pats/Dolphins. Matt, any time for that?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, if we push it, the Wk 4 deadline would be 4/20. I'm not even sure how many games in Wk 3 are left though. Anybody know or care to look that up?[/QUOTE]

Nate, I got on to fix the depth chart and saw that only Dolphins/Patriots is left. I haven't heard from the Pats guy, but I must admit that I never PMed him until today. I got my schedules in the 2 leagues mixed up. So while I would love to play the game, I would also agree with a sim so everyone can move on to their next games.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, I got on to fix the depth chart and saw that only Dolphins/Patriots is left. I haven't heard from the Pats guy, but I must admit that I never PMed him until today. I got my schedules in the 2 leagues mixed up. So while I would love to play the game, I would also agree with a sim so everyone can move on to their next games.[/QUOTE]

Well, since this is the only game left and there has been no communication and no word on this game, I think it's only reasonable that we sim it. Like I said, I wouldn't have a problem extending the deadline if something had been set up. But it seems that XBL/EA issues had little to do with this game not getting played. I'll log on and advance us shortly.

The Official League is winding down towards the end of it's last season. Currently I'm trying to see if there's interest in doing random tournaments until Madden 25 comes out. Everyone is welcome to sign up. The target start date for the first tournament is May 3rd. If your interested i started a Cag Thread.

Bengals beat the Raiders 9-6

This game was intense both teams pushed the ball on offense but couldnt land anything but FGs. Both defenses showed really showed up in this one when it came time to stop the other team from scoring TDs. Every first down was hard. not much to write about stat wise for either team. both kickers made all the kicks for both teams though.

GG Flyer it was a fun one becuz it was intense knowing if you scored a TD it was over becuz against ur defense i knew i wasnt going to be able to answer one back on u. hope we play again sometime

Yeah GG. I kinda wish I went for it in the first half when I had the ball on your 43 i believe but I could see how the game was going to be a defensive battle and opted for field position.

Man, I couldn't get into any rhythm throwing the ball though. I looked at the stats quickly and I think I had 40 yards :whistle2:# I started running well late but it was too late

In other news, I got J.J. Watt and Jared Allen in the offseason yet BJ Raji has been my biggest acquisition so far. 7 sacks to lead the league.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Yeah GG. I kinda wish I went for it in the first half when I had the ball on your 43 i believe but I could see how the game was going to be a defensive battle and opted for field position.

Man, I couldn't get into any rhythm throwing the ball though. I looked at the stats quickly and I think I had 40 yards :whistle2:# I started running well late but it was too late

In other news, I got J.J. Watt and Jared Allen in the offseason yet BJ Raji has been my biggest acquisition so far. 7 sacks to lead the league.[/QUOTE]

i couldnt run to the outside at all becuz of allen and watt they were all over sproles trying to hit the edge near impossible to even gain 1 yard on the edge. i felt like my passing went well other than 1 INT and never throwing a TD the whole game. even though the game was slow and i also could tell how this game was going to be it was a fun one for me felt like the speed of a real football game not like a madden horse race to the finish.

good luck the rest of the season flyer u have a very solid defense

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get a chance to post last night. I was pretty tired.

Broncos beat Chiefs 28-21! This was the closest game I have played in yet this year. Great game sicsonic!

The only thing I thought I would mention is your fourth down attempt. I don't really care, but I felt people should be aware of it. On your own 26 yard line when down by only seven with four minutes left, you surprisingly went for the 4th and 4 attempt. This is what lost you the game. I easily ran the ball in after a couple of plays and scored. Then, you were then faced with a two score deficit as opposed to a much more manageable seven point. Still, good game! I wish nothing but the best!

[quote name='Dark Rider']I didn't get a chance to post last night. I was pretty tired.

Broncos beat Chiefs 28-21! This was the closest game I have played in yet this year. Great game sicsonic!

The only thing I thought I would mention is your fourth down attempt. I don't really care, but I felt people should be aware of it. On your own 26 yard line when down by only seven with four minutes left, you surprisingly went for the 4th and 4 attempt. This is what lost you the game. I easily ran the ball in after a couple of plays and scored. Then, you were then faced with a two score deficit as opposed to a much more manageable seven point. Still, good game! I wish nothing but the best![/QUOTE]

While I don't think that's a question of sportsmanship, it does seem like an extremely risky play call. I'm assuming he still had at least 2 timeouts at that point, so punting it would have created a "now or never" time for his defense to stop you. But considering he trailed by 7, his defense most likely would have needed to stop you to win the game anyway...unless his plan was to chew up the clock and tie the game in the final seconds...then win the coin toss in OT and score a TD/chew up the clock enough that a field goal would win it.

That just seems like a tall order with a lot of things needing to go perfectly to prevent you from ever getting the ball back. And with the score being (I'm assuming) 21-14 at the time, it doesn't sound like you scored on every drive. But at the same time, he could have punted it and never gotten the ball back again. So, like I said, not really an issue of sportsmanship. Just betting all of your marbles on that one play.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']While I don't think that's a question of sportsmanship, it does seem like an extremely risky play call. I'm assuming he still had at least 2 timeouts at that point, so punting it would have created a "now or never" time for his defense to stop you. But considering he trailed by 7, his defense most likely would have needed to stop you to win the game anyway...unless his plan was to chew up the clock and tie the game in the final seconds...then win the coin toss in OT and score a TD/chew up the clock enough that a field goal would win it.

That just seems like a tall order with a lot of things needing to go perfectly to prevent you from ever getting the ball back. And with the score being (I'm assuming) 21-14 at the time, it doesn't sound like you scored on every drive. But at the same time, he could have punted it and never gotten the ball back again. So, like I said, not really an issue of sportsmanship. Just betting all of your marbles on that one play.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't consider it a sportsmanship call. It was 21-14, and just a surprising call. While my offense had been efficient all day, he had stopped me plenty of times. It was just a strange call and one I thought should be pointed out.

I know personally, there is no way I would have gone for it there. I had been especially proficient in the red zone. It would be far too risky for me to go for it. I suppose we all make our fair share of strange play calls. I guess it is also to look down upon it because it didn't work. If it had, it would have been brilliant.

Edit: This was apparently my 2000th post. Wow. I need to get a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Rider, you got me curious. Turns out, I just passed 12,000. Then again, I've been here a lot longer.

By the way, GpNinja and I will be playing at 10 P.M. Eastern.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I didn't get a chance to post last night. I was pretty tired.

The only thing I thought I would mention is your fourth down attempt. I don't really care, but I felt people should be aware of it. On your own 26 yard line when down by only seven with four minutes left, you surprisingly went for the 4th and 4 attempt. This is what lost you the game. I easily ran the ball in after a couple of plays and scored. Then, you were then faced with a two score deficit as opposed to a much more manageable seven point. Still, good game! I wish nothing but the best![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd definitely say thats a risky call, but not improbable. Considering the success you seem to have running the ball its very likely that if he had punted you would have run the ball, chewed clock, and then scored anyway leaving him with the same 2 possession deficit and even less time to work with.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah, I'd definitely say thats a risky call, but not improbable. Considering the success you seem to have running the ball its very likely that if he had punted you would have run the ball, chewed clock, and then scored anyway leaving him with the same 2 possession deficit and even less time to work with.[/QUOTE]

I would agree. It really depends on how the game had been going up to that point. If he felt confident in his ability to pick up 4 yards, but wasn't confident in his defense to get a 3 and out when it really matters, then it makes sense.

Ok I'll post my defense.

First off, let me be clear I think it IS ok to go for it on 4th, if it makes sense in the situation (like the end of a close game with little time left), and is fair to the opponent. Or that's how I think I interpret the rules.

Secondly, in this situation, I'm fairly sure I only had 2 timeouts, and really the deciding point was that there was a little over 2 minutes left. He was already running out the clock to the fullest at that point, I was down 7. Kicking the ball would have pretty much gave the game away, in my mind. If I had got the ball back, it would have been with seconds left. With how my team was playing, and it being a 4 yard conversion, I felt it was a smart, fair 4th down attempt.

Yeah I was fully aware of the field position, but at that point the clock could have been run out really but wasn't, so I wasn't expecting extra scores under 2 mins, after the 4th attempt. Either way that was how the game played out after the 4th attempt, so that's moot.

Bottom line I feel it was a fair 4th attempt. Game was on the line either way.

GG Dark Rider

Im going to have to withdraw, the colts are gonna have to surrender..

I had surgery on my hand today that I was not expecting to have a huge cast sort of thing but i do.

I wont be able to put myself on auto until later tonight, so If you could n8 i would appreciate it. Sorry guys

[quote name='sicsonic']Ok I'll post my defense.

First off, let me be clear I think it IS ok to go for it on 4th, if it makes sense in the situation (like the end of a close game with little time left), and is fair to the opponent. Or that's how I think I interpret the rules.

Secondly, in this situation, I'm fairly sure I only had 2 timeouts, and really the deciding point was that there was a little over 2 minutes left. He was already running out the clock to the fullest at that point, I was down 7. Kicking the ball would have pretty much gave the game away, in my mind. If I had got the ball back, it would have been with seconds left. With how my team was playing, and it being a 4 yard conversion, I felt it was a smart, fair 4th down attempt.

Yeah I was fully aware of the field position, but at that point the clock could have been run out really but wasn't, so I wasn't expecting extra scores under 2 mins, after the 4th attempt. Either way that was how the game played out after the 4th attempt, so that's moot.

Bottom line I feel it was a fair 4th attempt. Game was on the line either way.

GG Dark Rider[/QUOTE]

I am not going to argue it, as I think that you were justified. It was just a really strange call -- one I am not used to.

You had two timeouts and there was 3:43 left in the first quarter. I took note. Once again, no problem, I just wanted to make facts clear.

Edit: I just double took when I saw your picture. I thought at first it was a strange offbeat Skyline Chilli logo.

skyline.jpg

Wow...thanks for being a jerk, Konfusion. In the first half, he's targeted his TEs and RBs 8 times...and a wide receiver once. He runs a play that comes up as 2 HB, 1 WR, 2 TE...and it's fucking 5 wide. Then, when I pause the game to message him to let him know that, he must have hit "resume" right away because I couldn't even get the message before the game started back up. I'm not going to play somebody with this mentality. This isn't fun...and it sure as hell isn't sportsmanlike.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...thanks for being a jerk, Konfusion. In the first half, he's targeted his TEs and RBs 8 times...and a wide receiver once. He runs a play that comes up as 2 HB, 1 WR, 2 TE...and it's fucking 5 wide. Then, when I pause the game to message him to let him know that, he must have hit "resume" right away because I couldn't even get the message before the game started back up. I'm not going to play somebody with this mentality. This isn't fun...and it sure as hell isn't sportsmanlike.[/QUOTE]

I ran that play once. That is a stock formation in NE playbook. I didn't "spam it" like you said in your message to me. As for targeting my TEs and RBs, I take what is given to me by the defense. My passing game wasn't even doing well. You had already picked me off once so I was playing it safe. I probably had close to 10 carries by my RB before you rage quit in the middle of the 2nd quarter down by 21.

[quote name='Konfusion']I ran that play once. That is a stock formation in NE playbook. I didn't "spam it" like you said in your message to me.[/QUOTE]

The spam was throwing exclusively to TEs and RBs. If all you're interested in is playing Madden, then have at it, man. But I want no part of it. And I'm sorry, that play is trickery. Stock playbook or not...when it comes up as 2 HB, 1 WR, 2 TE, and you're in a 5 wide shotgun with the RB way on the outside, It figures that it's NE's playbook...because they've got all kinds of ridiculous TE heavy plays and weird formations that most teams don't use. It kinda feels like it completely caters to "what works in Madden 13". I'm not saying you're trying to cheat...but you're "doing what it takes to win at Madden 13", with little regard for how realistic it is. That's your business, but I don't want to play somebody like that.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The spam was throwing exclusively to TEs and RBs. If all you're interested in is playing Madden, then have at it, man. But I want no part of it. And I'm sorry, that play is trickery. Stock playbook or not...when it comes up as 2 HB, 1 WR, 2 TE, and you're in a 5 wide shotgun with the RB way on the outside, It figures that it's NE's playbook...because they've got all kinds of ridiculous TE heavy plays and weird formations that most teams don't use. It kinda feels like it completely caters to "what works in Madden 13". I'm not saying you're trying to cheat...but you're "doing what it takes to win at Madden 13", with little regard for how realistic it is. That's your business, but I don't want to play somebody like that.[/QUOTE]

Wow dude. I used that play once and you quit on me. I took what your defense left open and if that happened to be my TEs, why is that my problem? I'm not gonna force balls into coverage just so you feel better about the way I play. Flewellyen was well covered for the time we played anyway. I got 2 touchdowns from my #2 tight end. You can call the one play cheap if you want, but that is a stock play and its been said multiple times on here that stock plays are okay. If I had used that play over and over again, then you would sure as hell have a right to be mad about it, but quitting after I use it once?

[quote name='neworlbush25']Im going to have to withdraw, the colts are gonna have to surrender..

I had surgery on my hand today that I was not expecting to have a huge cast sort of thing but i do.

I wont be able to put myself on auto until later tonight, so If you could n8 i would appreciate it. Sorry guys[/QUOTE]

Ah, that sucks, dude. Don't worry about having to cut out on the league early. I appreciate the effort you made, playing in both leagues and whatnot. I put you on auto, so that's taken care of. Good luck with your recovery!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The spam was throwing exclusively to TEs and RBs. If all you're interested in is playing Madden, then have at it, man. But I want no part of it. And I'm sorry, that play is trickery. Stock playbook or not...when it comes up as 2 HB, 1 WR, 2 TE, and you're in a 5 wide shotgun with the RB way on the outside, It figures that it's NE's playbook...because they've got all kinds of ridiculous TE heavy plays and weird formations that most teams don't use. It kinda feels like it completely caters to "what works in Madden 13". I'm not saying you're trying to cheat...but you're "doing what it takes to win at Madden 13", with little regard for how realistic it is. That's your business, but I don't want to play somebody like that.[/QUOTE]

So does Konfusion play the CPU now since you rage quit?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ah, that sucks, dude. Don't worry about having to cut out on the league early. I appreciate the effort you made, playing in both leagues and whatnot. I put you on auto, so that's taken care of. Good luck with your recovery![/QUOTE]

Appreciate it. Playing now.

i've played konfusion in more league games than anyone else and he has never played cheap to win even once. he followed the rules exactly as stated. he shouldnt be forced to not use a certain formation. considering he only used it once seems theres no reason for a rage quit like that. and i have to agree with him on when passing u hit the open guy not the guy double covered.

EDIT: in the falcons playbook there are 2 shotgun formations where my RB is in the slot and my TE is on the line. i shouldnt feel awkward for using a stock formation and neither should anyone else

[quote name='Docb9110']So does Konfusion play the CPU now since you rage quit?[/QUOTE]

Keep the smartass comments to yourself...especially when you don't know what you're talking about. He kept unpausing the game while I was trying to message him explaining why the play showed up the way it did. I was about to get a delay of game penalty (after he had already kicked the ball off while I was typing a message). So, rather than having to keep going back and forth between pausing the game (which it won't let you do twice in a row) and typing a message in the dash, I just quit out. I didn't "rage quit" because of that one play. I would have been fine leaving it paused, but he chose to push the situation.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Keep the smartass comments to yourself...especially when you don't know what you're talking about. He kept unpausing the game while I was trying to message him explaining why the play showed up the way it did. I was about to get a delay of game penalty (after he had already kicked the ball off while I was typing a message). So, rather than having to keep going back and forth between pausing the game (which it won't let you do twice in a row) and typing a message in the dash, I just quit out. I didn't "rage quit" because of that one play. I would have been fine leaving it paused, but he chose to push the situation.[/QUOTE]

You got the message off and I responded, then you quit.

McKay..."commish"...apologize for stating my opinion which you seem to be able to do all the time. You put it out there so I asked a question. What was the score when you "didn't rage" quit?

How is he the only one able to unpause a game? When you paused on me I had to say I wa ready then it said it was waiting on you?

[quote name='Konfusion']You got the message off and I responded, then you quit.[/QUOTE]

Because I was about to get a delay of game penalty and wouldn't have been able to pause the game again. Why did you feel the need to hit "resume game" before we had the issue resolved?

[quote name='Docb9110']McKay..."commish"...apologize for stating my opinion which you seem to be able to do all the time. You put it out there so I asked a question.

How is he the only one able to unpause a game? When you paused on me I had to say I wa ready then it said it was waiting on you?[/QUOTE]

Your "opinion" is that I rage quit? lol...yeah, ok. Cause that doesn't sound like an accusation or anything. Brilliant! :applause:

Not shocking that some of our more outspoken members still don't know how the game works. If the game is paused and both parties don't press "resume game", you pretty much have an infinite amount of time to clear up issues, send messages, etc. If one person hits "resume game", I think it gives you 30 seconds or something before it just starts on its own. It does this so people can't just sit in the pause menu to get out of taking a loss.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Because I was about to get a delay of game penalty and wouldn't have been able to pause the game again. Why did you feel the need to hit "resume game" before we had the issue resolved?

Your "opinion" is that I rage quit? lol...yeah, ok. Cause that doesn't sound like an accusation or anything. Brilliant!

Not shocking that some of our more outspoken members still don't know how the game works. If the game is paused and both parties don't press "resume game", you pretty much have an infinite amount of time to clear up issues, send messages, etc. If one person hits "resume game", I think it gives you 30 seconds or something before it just starts on its own. It does this so people can't just sit in the pause menu to get out of taking a loss.[/QUOTE]

Just seems in this instance you would want him to wait for a couple of minutes not knowing what's going on while you send him a message?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Because I was about to get a delay of game penalty and wouldn't have been able to pause the game again. Why did you feel the need to hit "resume game" before we had the issue resolved?

Not shocking that some of our more outspoken members still don't know how the game works. If the game is paused and both parties don't press "resume game", you pretty much have an infinite amount of time to clear up issues, send messages, etc. If one person hits "resume game", I think it gives you 30 seconds or something before it just starts on its own. It does this so people can't just sit in the pause menu to get out of taking a loss.[/QUOTE]

After you sent me a message threatening to quit after my touchdown out of the formation in question, I sent you a message saying that I used that formation once and that it was a stock play in the NE playbook and assumed that would be the end of it. You complained that the formation said 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB, but was 5 wide and I explained why. What else needed to be said? I didn't do anything wrong.

Hahaha ASSHOLE, keep the smart ass applause to yourself!

You posted in here your opinion on what Happened without giving a score or anything an you expect some of us to not comment on it? Because I disagreed with what you said I was a smart ass and because I asked a question which was a legitimate question base on what you said..seemed like you were losing because of something THAT ISN'T AGAINST THE RULES is it? Yet you say you didn't rage quit? I can't see how you think we are supposed to take it dude? YOU ARE THE DAMN COMMSSIONER big guy!

Sorry dude...I just don't think you have the right to quit then come in here with an not expect some of us to express some feelings and opinions? C'mon man! I know your smarter than that'

When Konfusion ran the play in question, I paused the game immediately to let him know that it showed up as 2 RB, 1 WR, 2 TE. Was I already irritated at that point because out of 10 attempted passes, he only threw toward a WR once? Yeah. But the real issue was that play. Before we could fully discuss it and figure out why it was showing up like that, he was pushing the game along, essentially forcing me to keep playing. I didn't appreciate that.

But I'm tired of the cheap shots and the snarky comments, so I'm just going to say this, if you have a problem with me or the way I do things, get out. I'm done pandering to people and having these little coy back and forths. If you have a problem, leave. And don't bother coming back for next year's game. This means you, doc, DVO, and anybody else who thinks voicing an unknowledgable opinion and throwing fuel on the fire helps to resolve an issue. If you're at that point, you should be asking yourself why you're still here anyway.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Your "opinion" is that I rage quit? lol...yeah, ok. Cause that doesn't sound like an accusation or anything. Brilliant! :applause:
[/QUOTE]

I don't know what else you would call it. Down 21-0 early in the game with not a whole lot going for you, you quit. You don't have many experiences where someone goes up on you like that and you apparently don't know how to handle it.

[quote name='Konfusion']After you sent me a message threatening to quit after my touchdown out of the formation in question, I sent you a message saying that I used that formation once and that it was a stock play in the NE playbook and assumed that would be the end of it. You complained that the formation said 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB, but was 5 wide and I explained why. What else needed to be said? I didn't do anything wrong.[/QUOTE]

So, you took it upon yourself to decide that I didn't have anything else to ask about it or have any other points to raise...and just decided that I needed to shut up and keep playing? Gee, thanks, guy.

[quote name='Konfusion']I don't know what else you would call it. Down 21-0 early in the game with not a whole lot going for you, you quit. You don't have many experiences where someone goes up on you like that and you apparently don't know how to handle it.[/QUOTE]

Yup...2 weeks ago against the Jags...I didn't lose that game or anything...
Last week against doc...pretty sure he had a 14 point lead at one point...didn't "rage quit" that one either...
But keep the baseless "facts" coming.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So, you took it upon yourself to decide that I didn't have anything else to ask about it or have any other points to raise...and just decided that I needed to shut up and keep playing? Gee, thanks, guy.[/QUOTE]

So you still think you were right in quitting? What else would you have said to me?

I understand the frustration but think quitting was just wrong. I'm assuming the Ravens will play the CPU or if you guys want to run the clock and spot the Ravens 21 points that would work too.

[quote name='Konfusion']So you still think you were right in quitting? What else would you have said to me?[/QUOTE]

So, I should take the delay of game penalty that you forced me into by being a dick and unpausing the game...and just keep playing? If you don't show any class, why should I?

[quote name='perdition(troy']I understand the frustration but think quitting was just wrong. I'm assuming the Ravens will play the CPU or if you guys want to run the clock and spot the Ravens 21 points that would work too.[/QUOTE]

He can play the CPU. That was stated from the beginning and I've been on auto this entire time.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']When Konfusion ran the play in question, I paused the game immediately to let him know that it showed up as 2 RB, 1 WR, 2 TE. Was I already irritated at that point because out of 10 attempted passes, he only threw toward a WR once? Yeah. But the real issue was that play. Before we could fully discuss it and figure out why it was showing up like that, he was pushing the game along, essentially forcing me to keep playing. I didn't appreciate that.

But I'm tired of the cheap shots and the snarky comments, so I'm just going to say this, if you have a problem with me or the way I do things, get out. I'm done pandering to people and having these little coy back and forths. If you have a problem, leave. And don't bother coming back for next year's game. This means you, doc, DVO, and anybody else who thinks voicing an unknowledgable opinion and throwing fuel on the fire helps to resolve an issue. If you're at that point, you should be asking yourself why you're still here anyway.[/QUOTE]

Understandable! If there other options I would dude! Trust me!

The way you run things seems fucking one sided though when it doesn't pan in your direction though! It's fun when I play in the league, it's not fun when you tell us to keep our opinion to ourselves when you post your bitch sessions in here and expect us to be happy! You take shots and so forth to man! The standard for yourself is ridiculous! Either you win and post a big to do post or you lose and even when you say GG you still complain bout something!

Yeah, I think the quitting is the biggest issue I have with this too. Its at least the second time I can remember you quitting out of a game, the first time being that game against the Saints last year after which you said you were "hanging it up for the season." To me thats just classless and completely goes against the "Gentlemen" part of the Gentlemen's league.

[quote name='Docb9110']Understandable! If there other options I would dude! Trust me!

The way you run things seems fucking one sided though when it doesn't pan in your direction though! It's fun when I play in the league, it's not fun when you tell us to keep our opinion to ourselves when you post your bitch sessions in here and expect us to be happy! You take shots and so forth to man! The standard for yourself is ridiculous! Either you win and post a big to do post or you lose and even when you say GG you still complain bout something![/QUOTE]

But how in the hell do you guys not see that you drag me into it? I don't want this to be a big deal...and I told him from the first message, he could play my CPU. I'm not demanding a do-over here. The reason this game was not completed was because as I'm typing a message to talk about the situation with Konfusion (trying to do the level headed thing), he's unpausing the game...which to me, might as well be saying "Yeah, yeah...shut up. Lets play." People do that shit in ranked if you try to change your depth chart at all. It's "I'm going to give you as little time as possible." But yeah...I'm the bad guy. Fine, whatever. Pretty sure the official league has teams open if you want options.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So, I should take the delay of game penalty that you forced me into by being a dick and unpausing the game...and just keep playing? If you don't show any class, why should I?[/QUOTE]

Dodging my question...what else would you have said? I didn't do anything wrong and explained that in a message. Did you want to go back and forth arguing with me over Xbox Live messages? I don't have time for that.

Btw, you saying I targeted a WR once is just not true. I had at least 3. If Flacco had made a more accurate throw to Torrey Smith downfield, I would have had a TD to a WR. Most of the time they were covered. WR was my first read on most plays, but with them being covered, I had to go somewhere else. You wanting me to keep targeting them when they aren't open is a joke.

bread's done
Back