CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Looking forward to getting started! I would not mind playing the preseason; however, there's nothing wrong with simming it too. Go Panthers! I think my Panthers are going to end up being better that the real Panthers. So depressing watching them each week.

Edit: Also, I might be interested in moving Johnathan Stewart for a corner/safety. I plan on using Tolbert, Williams, and Barner. I have more important needs that a fourth running back.

Edit 2: Does anyone have a problem with me throwing Tolbert in at RB sometimes (like the Panthers really do)? I might sub him in occasionally for short yardage situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think that's fine. A FB who is actually a FB getting extra carries shouldn't be a big deal. Now, if you were asking for a TE who sometimes lines up at FB to also be able to play RB, I think that would be an unrealistic stretch. I don't know that it would be incredibly effective anyway. But I think that pushes it too far. But I don't see a problem using a legit FB in short yardage situations.

I still don't think that Tiger belongs in this league. He went undefeated with the 49ers, which I don't buy was only because the team was good. He was also dominant with the Jets in the other league last year, and he just beat Sprice by two touchdowns in the other league this year.

I still don't think that Tiger belongs in this league. He went undefeated with the 49ers, which I don't buy was only because the team was good. He was also dominant with the Jets in the other league last year, and he just beat Sprice by two touchdowns in the other league this year.
Already handled, lol. ;)

Well, I've got a bit of a dilemma here. DVO hasn't rejoined the league yet (he actually hasn't been around CAG the past few days. Anybody know what's up?). And since it's basically my fault for assuming his "New Coach" thing was a mistake too, I'd actually feel bad to start without him (I can't believe I'm saying that, lol ;)) So, here's how we'll handle it. TODAY...9/18 will be the day for everyone to make sure their rosters are cut to 53 players. And I'll plan on simming straight through the preseason around 12:01AM CST on 9/19. So, let's put the word out there to make sure everyone knows. I definitely don't want the CPU making roster moves for any of our human teams.

So, make sure your roster is down to 53 players in the next 24 hours.

Astonishingly enough, this is even something you CAN do from the website.

Releasing a Player From the Website
1. Log in
2. Click on "Team"
3. Find the player you want to cut
4. Click on him and choose "View Player"
5. Click "Take Action" and then choose "Release Player"

If by any chance the Eagles guy didn't play Im still here :). Also if there are open slots left, and you want humans. Please let me know. I didn't want to cause a stiry leaving the Texans. I'm an Eagles man to the bone but like SF, and the Saints as well. I really want to be part of a league.

If by any chance the Eagles guy didn't play Im still here :). Also if there are open slots left, and you want humans. Please let me know. I didn't want to cause a stiry leaving the Texans. I'm an Eagles man to the bone but like SF, and the Saints as well. I really want to be part of a league.
Sorry i'm still here :D

And random means random. It's the Texans or nothing until the Eagles open up...if ever.

Didn't think it was possible for ea to make their website even worse for use on my iPad(maybe other tablets are different) than last year but they did. Holy fuck.

Making my cuts now.

I will take a team. Other league is officially a waste of my energy. I know I will hype myself up to play my next game in the next 24 hours and think... "Maybe I got a shot!" But honestly, I think I'm ready to move on. I think you guys were doing random since my Jets are taken I believe.

I will take a team. Other league is officially a waste of my energy. I know I will hype myself up to play my next game in the next 24 hours and think... "Maybe I got a shot!" But honestly, I think I'm ready to move on. I think you guys were doing random since my Jets are taken I believe.
Absolutely. You're more than welcome here. You coming in as a Jets fan creates an interesting situation...and I don't now that HooRox would be necessarily sad about giving them up. But I still feel in my gut, it's probably not right to jerk around teams at this point. It's an interesting question of "What happens if a fan comes along wanting a team that was assigned to someone else?

I guess we could leave it up to the person assigned to that team if they're willing to take another roll of the dice and get another team. And of course, it could only be done between seasons. I'm just thinking out loud here. For all I know, HooRox has been putting in time with the Jets and getting used to them, and that just wouldn't be right to ask him to take another random team. I guess the only question would be if we should allow it if the person volunteered. Anybody have thoughts here?

In other news, DVO still hasn't rejoined. I know he's got some stuff going on, but each day that passes, I'm feeling less bad about the situation, lol. He would have missed something at some point.

Also, I just had a guy PM me about taking the Vikings (his CAG name is AZ Vikings...so I think it's safe to assume he's a fan). So, Minnesota will be off the table when I get the generator going for ubernes. I'm going to try to hurry up and get these invites out before I have to get my daughter to sleep.

All right, randomly assigned...here you go uber.

lotteryubernes_zps4eb688d8.jpg

You have the New Orleans Saints. You also have an invite ready for you.

New members, get those rosters trimmed to 53. I'm looking to get the league officially started in about 2 hours.

I'll join real quick now. 

Wow, really lucked out with the Saints. Don't think Colston and Graham will drop the passes Hill and Cumberland do. I'll still make Brees look bad with my INTs though! 

I will take a team. Other league is officially a waste of my energy. I know I will hype myself up to play my next game in the next 24 hours and think... "Maybe I got a shot!" But honestly, I think I'm ready to move on.
This makes me look really bad, and i'm sad because of it, uber;-/ Hope you have better luck here bud. i know n8 will treat you well.

This makes me look really bad, and i'm sad because of it, uber;-/ Hope you have better luck here bud. i know n8 will treat you well.
You know I have plenty of love for the "Official" league. I really thought this year would be different with how passing has been but I just don't have the skill or the time to acquire it to be competitive there.

You know I have plenty of love for the "Official" league. I really thought this year would be different with how passing has been but I just don't have the skill or the time to acquire it to be competitive there.
Well, I think how Madden is played on CAG has changed a good bit the past couple years. It's definitely become more competitive, but I also think there's a particular style that lends itself well to being able to find success regardless of how good the team is. That's not a knock on anybody. It's just created an even larger chasm between the top players and the rest of the league. If we really wanted to evaluate everyone in terms of skill level and place them accordingly, I think there would be some fairly substantial restructuring going on.

PS, I joined. Didnt see anything about cutting down my roster so I will just have the CPU handle it.
As amazing as it sounds, that's actually something you can do on the website. I'm not even sure if every team has over 53 players though.

Absolutely. You're more than welcome here. You coming in as a Jets fan creates an interesting situation...and I don't now that HooRox would be necessarily sad about giving them up. But I still feel in my gut, it's probably not right to jerk around teams at this point. It's an interesting question of "What happens if a fan comes along wanting a team that was assigned to someone else?

For all I know, HooRox has been putting in time with the Jets and getting used to them, and that just wouldn't be right to ask him to take another random team. I guess the only question would be if we should allow it if the person volunteered. Anybody have thoughts here?
So, I recall asking about this situation when you were assigning random teams. I believe I said something like "What happens if a Jets fan wants to join up? I would want him to have the team because he would actually care about the team because he loves them while I couldn't give two shits about them." Well, here we are.

As for your comment I bolded, yes I have been playing with the Jets offline and getting used to them. Biggest change for me is playing with a 4-3 instead of a 3-4. I am actually liking the RBs and the O-line, plus the WRs aren't all that bad, either. Geno is pretty servicable as a rookie.

As for how to proceed, I am reluctant to take another chance at ending up with the Jags, Browns, or Chargers. I presume we can't go with the "let's run a random generator and I will give up the Jets as long as I don't get one of those three teams," right?

So, I recall asking about this situation when you were assigning random teams. I believe I said something like "What happens if a Jets fan wants to join up? I would want him to have the team because he would actually care about the team because he loves them while I couldn't give two shits about them." Well, here we are.

As for your comment I bolded, yes I have been playing with the Jets offline and getting used to them. Biggest change for me is playing with a 4-3 instead of a 3-4. I am actually liking the RBs and the O-line, plus the WRs aren't all that bad, either. Geno is pretty servicable as a rookie.

As for how to proceed, I am reluctant to take another chance at ending up with the Jags, Browns, or Chargers. I presume we can't go with the "let's run a random generator and I will give up the Jets as long as I don't get one of those three teams," right?
I agree 100% with everything you're saying here. It's just one of those things that there's no way of predicting. I mean, I was at least aware of ubernes being a Jets fan...but I had no way to know he would want to play here. A better example would be the guy who took the Vikings today. I don't know him at all, but he just lucked out that they hadn't been assigned to someone else. The only way to guarantee this wouldn't be an issue would have been to turn "duplicate fans" away...and just hope that one day down the road, we find 32 people who like 32 different teams.

But we came up with a reasonable compromise, and it leaves the door open for these kinds of snafus. But ultimately, in the interest of fairness and continuity, you're exactly right with what you said. And that's why I just went ahead with the random generator for ubernes as well. As for your last statement, I would feel exactly the same way, and don't blame you one bit.

Didn't think it was possible for ea to make their website even worse for use on my iPad(maybe other tablets are different) than last year but they did. Holy fuck.

Making my cuts now.
I was just noticing something myself. Is there not a way to look at another team's roster on the website? I was going to look and see how many teams have more than 53 players, but noooooo. Why would it let me look at the rosters of other teams? It's not like that would be useful for...you know...proposing trades or anything. Is EA really not happy unless they've removed at least one feature every year? lol...geez.

I agree 100% with everything you're saying here. It's just one of those things that there's no way of predicting. I mean, I was at least aware of ubernes being a Jets fan...but I had no way to know he would want to play here. A better example would be the guy who took the Vikings today. I don't know him at all, but he just lucked out that they hadn't been assigned to someone else. The only way to guarantee this wouldn't be an issue would have been to turn "duplicate fans" away...and just hope that one day down the road, we find 32 people who like 32 different teams.

But we came up with a reasonable compromise, and it leaves the door open for these kinds of snafus. But ultimately, in the interest of fairness and continuity, you're exactly right with what you said. And that's why I just went ahead with the random generator for ubernes as well. As for your last statement, I would feel exactly the same way, and don't blame you one bit.
Yeah, it is what it is... At least I don't hate the Jets. I actually liked Geno at WVU, so there's that. Plus, now that we have gotten rid of that annoying Rex Ryan, maybe the J-E-T-S can become something worthwhile. ;-)

Well, this kind of sucks for DVO that he hasn't rejoined yet, as the Bucs have 63 players. So, the CPU is going to cut 10 guys. However...even if I hadn't booted him before, he wouldn't have been here to do his cuts anyway. Just the way it goes. We've been waiting long enough to get this thing going. Gotta start at some point. Prepare yourselves!

The League Has Started!

We are now in Week 1 of the Regular Season. Injuries have been turned back on (though the injury slider was reduced to 20). And we're going to put a Week 1 deadline of 9/22! For those of you who don't know (or who have forgotten), this means that 9/22 is your LAST DAY to play your game. Advances will generally be around this time (barring a rough night...in which case, they'd be done the next morning). I'm a little more stable in terms of hours than I was last year, so hopefully midnight advances will be feasible. I'll do my best.

Remember, DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS! We're waiting until Week 4 so we can have a fair way of handling it.

So, contact your opponents, and let's start getting these games scheduled. Good luck to everyone!

I am officially putting my 1st round pick on the trade block (if thats cool so early) for a game changer if anyone is trying to stock draft picks. DM if anyone has an offer

Can I play my CPU game against the Jags or do we have any new users who haven't been assigned a team yet?
Nope. Go ahead and play that game. The only user matched up against a "CPU team" that shouldn't play is HooRox since he plays the Bucs. Not sure what's going on with DVO, but HooRox has already been PM'd, so he knows the deal there. Everybody else can play their game if it's against a CPU team.

Romo outguns Eli to win the season opener 38-31...I had no answer whatsoever for Dez Bryant.
It was a great game. Back and forth the whole time. I think the killer for you was the turn over on special teams.

I am looking forward to our next game. :)

[quote name="CAGLeagueSports" post="11074707" timestamp="1379643690"]
I'm assuming you're a Cardinals fan? How did you hear about the league? And what would you say your skill level is with Madden? What difficulty do you normally play on?[/quote]

Yes I am lol. I was browsing through this app and found your forum been looking and trying to get into a league. All-pro skill with sliders not the best player but alright

bread's done
Back