CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Turnovers and putrid special teams cost the giants as they get pounded by the panthers.  I couldn't stop anyone on kick returns and kept throwing interceptions all game long.

Weird game with the Giants. First game was tied up 7-7 in the first when the game disconnected. I am assuming it was on was on bfauble's end as he went offline for a minute. No big deal, we played it again.
The second game was the tale of Ted Ginn returning the kickoffs to his territory all but once. The game ended 49-28 Panthers lead by a furious three headed monster rushing attack by Newton, Williams, and Barner.

Good game bfauble!

Seahawks vs Jaguars(CPU)
Week 3

I could not stop Blackmon in the 1st half. He pretty much sealed the game with a ridiculously huge TD play in the 2nd or 3rd. I put up a furious comeback in the 4th but it wasn't enough. I regretfully went for a squib instead of an inside on the last play of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently having problems with my router so I may need to be put on auto. Messaged my opponent to let him know. Hope to have it fixed after getting a new router but not sure.

Pitfallharry, if you happen to read the thread, I will only be waiting for another 10, maybe 15 minutes (it's been 10 already) to play our game. If you're not on Live by then, I'll be playing my opponent from the other league.

Pitfallharry, if you happen to read the thread, I will only be waiting for another 10, maybe 15 minutes (it's been 10 already) to play our game. If you're not on Live by then, I'll be playing my opponent from the other league.
What happened here? Did pitfallharry stand you up? I need to know if he needs to be put on auto.

Other games that still haven't been played:

Colts vs 49ers

Bears vs Steelers - Monday Night

Updates? Today is the final day. We're advancing tonight.

Yeah, we were scheduled for 6:30 and I fell asleep and missed our start time. We're rescheduled for tonight at 9:30 EST.

Well, that takes care of one of them. I know the Colts and 49ers were having some communication issues. Seems like KingofOldSchool has been a little slow to respond to messages and then wanted to play the game with no notice? Gotta try to do a little better than that.

People live and die by their communication in here. I know CAG's new messaging system is a little different, but I still get emails sent to me when someone sends a PM. For me, that's a huge help. We also have to remember that we all have different schedules and responsibilities. So, arranging a time in advance is going to be the best way to make sure your games are played.

Just remembered that dr0ppinl0adz did post that the Bears vs Steelers game should be happening tonight, so hopefully that's still on.

As pitfallharry said, we're scheduled to play in a few hours. He actually PMed me maybe an hour after I posted that last night, but I didn't receive an email notification and didn't see the PM til later last night. But he's been communicating with me the whole time.

Just want to make a friendly announcement to everybody here. EA has brought back the "times played" counter, so I can see how many times a game was started. I know we've had some human vs human connection problems and games have had to be restarted a few times. But in games against a CPU team, if this is happening, at least post in the thread so I'm aware of it and you don't look suspicious. Even so, if I start noticing patterns and it becomes a regular thing for anybody, it may be looked into a little more thoroughly.

In short, don't even think about restarting your CPU games because you don't want to take a loss. The consequences will not be light.

Hey CAGLeagueSports, could you please put me on auto? I am no longer able to play my game this evening. Thank you.

Super sorry, droppinloadz. I was looking forward to playing you. 

Hey CAGLeagueSports, could you please put me on auto? I am no longer able to play my game this evening. Thank you.

Super sorry, droppinloadz. I was looking forward to playing you.
You can't even put yourself on auto?

If not, do not let this happen again. I was JUST on Madden for 2 hours, and have now turned my Xbox off, and am eating dinner. I had no reason to go into Madden again tonight. Now, unless I feel like letting dr0ppinl0adz get screwed over, I've gotta boot the game back up. Let's all think twice about scheduling games 3 hours before advance if there's a chance we're not going to be able to make it. And for everyone else, let's think twice about scheduling games 3 horus before advance if you don't want to risk the game being simmed.

Obviously, things happen. But the general policy I'm going to have here is any obnoxious issue that becomes a habit will be handled accordingly.

what the..  just over 2 minutes left and i'm driving for the winning TD. just got a 20 yard gain, then an error pops up saying "disc is unreadable".. never seen that before. so wack. Restarting now.

Also sucks b/c Alshon was having a monster game. oh well

phew.. eked out a 14-13 win. Needed a TD drive right after the 2 minute warning to win it. The CPU is much better this year. They actually bled the whole clock before kicking a FG with just under 3 minutes left. Pitt CPU also went for it with a fake punt in the 1st Quarter lol

Yeah I'm dropping this. I only have a small time frame that I can get games in and that doesn't seem to fit in with others schedules and when I try to be flexible, something comes up. It's nothing on anyone else, I know how it is. I didn't have time to reply to anything, let alone get a game in today due to my kid not feeling well. This is the first time I've ever tried to do something like this and this is the reason why.  Hopefully someone will take the reigns of NIners.

Yeah I'm dropping this. I only have a small time frame that I can get games in and that doesn't seem to fit in with others schedules and when I try to be flexible, something comes up. It's nothing on anyone else, I know how it is. I didn't have time to reply to anything, let alone get a game in today due to my kid not feeling well. This is the first time I've ever tried to do something like this and this is the reason why. Hopefully someone will take the reigns of NIners.
Sorry to see you go, but it's understandable. But if you think this league moves fast, don't go anywhere near the Official League, lol. They advance every 2.5 days. Most of the time, people complain that advancing every 4 days is too slow, haha.

We have advanced to Week 4. The deadline will be 10/4.

Our round of free agency will be after this week.

Sorry to see you go, but it's understandable. But if you think this league moves fast, don't go anywhere near the Official League, lol. They advance every 2.5 days. Most of the time, people complain that advancing every 4 days is too slow, haha.
Well it's not that it moves fast, it's harder for someone with my schedule to get a game in. Outside of late at night, it is hard for me to get on my Xbox to play. The two PvP games I had, when I found time outside of my safe zone schedule, something came up on their end (Once again, I understand 100%, I've been more difficult than others). It's better for the league, someone can come in and take them that has a more flexible schedule or people can play the computer whenever they want. Not to mention, at least the computer or someone else would be better competition. I suck playing with these settings. lol

Yeah, but at least my Bengals found the end zone.

Additionally, there was a point in the second half where AJ Green had 8 catches for 172 yards, most of those yards coming on long runs after a couple catches. The game was tied at 21. At that point, I consciously wouldn't look for Green on plays because I didn't want it to seem like I was mining for XP. I ended up throwing a couple picks throwing to lesser receivers. I feel like that was the main reason I lost.

My questions is if the game is still close, can we run our offense how we see fit, no matter the stats?

I don't see why not. Obviously n8 will make the official rule. But when I'm down I have no issue throwing it to Graham/Sproles, who are probably the Saints #1 and #2 targets IRL. Of course, I'm always down and of course I've only beaten the CPU one out of three times, so I'm desperate for a W haha. 

I think that in a situation like that you should be trying to win and AJ Green is an asset for you and no one should blame you if he's consistently getting open, as long as it's not anything cheesy (which I know isn't a concern for you).

Yup, I 100℅ support that. If it's a close game, you're not mining XP. Is it "cheesy" to only go to one player? Maybe. But anybody who thinks Madden hasn't been a game riddled with cheese for years has their blinders on. In a game of HB screens, TE out routes, etc, throwing to your #1 receiver shouldn't even be questionable. Honestly, the only reason these things stand out is because EA doesn't know how to program AI that responds to what you're doing. Sure, they'll call different plays, but if you're lighting them up with Green, they should be double teaming him and forcing you to look somewhere else. But yeah, it's not like we'll get that on next gen systems either. We get prettier blades of grass...lol.

As long as the game is close then I have no problem with targeting your best player.  Now if you get up by a few scores and keep doing it then it becomes an issue.  But when you get that far it becomes fairly obvious.

Im putting Lamar Houston on the trade block if any one is interested, hes a 3-4 DE rated an 89. I want to trade him bc he has value and I like a 4-3 defense.

Oakland Raiders Send

Charles Woodson
Free Safety
Age 36
Overall Rating 82
Contract Info: 1 year deal, 1.8 Million remaining salary for 2013 signing bonus $700k
Relevant Attributes For Position
D-Back: 77 Man Coverage, 81 Zone Coverage, 83 Press Coverage, 83 Play Recognition, 85 Speed, 90 Awareness

61.3 Million Cap space

For

Washington Redskins Send

Santana Moss
Wide Receiver
Age 34
Overall Rating 84
Contract Info: 3 total years, 1 year remaining, 2013: 3.27 Million, $6 Million signing bonus
Relevant Attributes For Position

WR: 94 Speed, 87 Catch, 73 Catch in Traffic, 83 Route Running, 60 Release, 90 Awareness, 97 Elusiveness, 97 Juke, 96 Spin move,

Team Cap Space
21.4 Million
TRADE REJECTED

Unanimous rejection. Some of the committee felt pretty strongly about this one. I'm just going to post my thoughts because I was one of the ones who had strong feelings about it. Charles Woodson probably has at least a 50% chance of retiring after this season. He's old and his contract is expiring. Even not considering that, Santana Moss's numbers look WAY better than Woodson's.

Maybe in real life this trade would be reasonable (though I still don't think the Redskins would do it with Woodson's age). But in MADDEN TERMS, Moss is still going to be very productive with that 94 speed and very solid other attributes. This is a Madden trade through and through, and I do not like it at all. I'm not even going to say "add a pick to it" or whatever. I do not like these players being traded for each other because in general, it feels like Oakland is giving up nothing.

TRADE REJECTED

Unanimous rejection. Some of the committee felt pretty strongly about this one. I'm just going to post my thoughts because I was one of the ones who had strong feelings about it. Charles Woodson probably has at least a 50% chance of retiring after this season. He's old and his contract is expiring. Even not considering that, Santana Moss's numbers look WAY better than Woodson's.

Maybe in real life this trade would be reasonable (though I still don't think the Redskins would do it with Woodson's age). But in MADDEN TERMS, Moss is still going to be very productive with that 94 speed and very solid other attributes. This is a Madden trade through and through, and I do not like it at all. I'm not even going to say "add a pick to it" or whatever. I do not like these players being traded for each other because in general, it feels like Oakland is giving up nothing.
I'm a bit disappointed in this verdict. Considering play styles and team weaknesses I thought it was pretty fair. Woodson is actually an 87 overall FS. And even if Woodson retired after this season it wouldn't have been for nothing since I wasn't resigning Moss anyways. I planned on using the FS retirement package to keep him in the league an extra year. But alas, it isn't up to me.

I'm a bit disappointed in this verdict. Considering play styles and team weaknesses I thought it was pretty fair. Woodson is actually an 87 overall FS. And even if Woodson retired after this season it wouldn't have been for nothing since I wasn't resigning Moss anyways. I planned on using the FS retirement package to keep him in the league an extra year. But alas, it isn't up to me.
The overall rating wasn't the factor. Their individual attributes were looked at in detail. And the "retirement package" logic isn't factored in at all because it's no guarantee of anything. Last year, there were players who retired the very same year the package was bought.

It also wasn't lost on the committee that immediately after acquiring a mediocre QB (and that's even being kind) with a very strong arm, the Raiders are looking for a speed receiver. Like I said, this is a Madden trade. When you add to that, that from the Raiders' perspective, he's just getting rid of a player who most likely retires on him at the end of the season anyway, he's getting a 94 speed receiver who will be a deep threat the entire game for nothing.

I needed someone who could catch the football (ask the colts guy about how bad my WRs were playing) and he needed secondary help. Seemed fair to us, we talked about it for awhile and we were both well aware of what we were giving up and receiving. If you look at JoeliePoleys offensive numbers you will see that he doesn't do much passing, and I on the other hand need all the talent I can get on a team without much to start with.

However. .. I will take my defeat in stride lol

Yeah, so in my game against the Jets (CPU since HooRox is out of town), I had another really weird fumble occurrence. I was in the redzone and ran a stretch play with Chris Johnson, and I managed to beat the defenders to the outside. I headed toward the pylon and was being chased sort of at an angle by the DB. So, I decided to dive for the endzone, hoping to just get across the goalline before he caught up to me. Without being touched, CJ somehow lets go of the ball, it hits off his chest, bounces into the endzone and goes out of bounds.

This ends up being a turnover. I looked at the replay several times, and nothing affects his body movement at all, because like I said, he was untouched. He somehow lost it by diving... I should have recorded a replay, but for some reason, I thought replays showed up at the end of the game again...but maybe I'm thinking of a different mode. Fortunately, it wasn't a close game, but seriously...why do you do this to me, EA?

Looks like my 360 froze right at halftime during my game with CPU Jaguars.  Will try again tomorrow afternoon.  Just an FYI for the times played stat.

Ravens defeat Bills 31-21 due to my defensive turnovers and some lucky bounces. My offense sure as hell couldn't do anything against his d.

Ravens defeat Bills 31-21 due to my defensive turnovers and some lucky bounces. My offense sure as hell couldn't do anything against his d.
Yea good game man. I think u had at least 21 fourth quarter points. I was up 21 - 10 with 4 mins left and receiving a punt around midfield when the ball literally hit my guy in the head and the Ravens recovered. That unlucky turnover and his solid secondary making some key picks really killed it for me.

Saints-Fins finished after a couple disconnects. The first one was a really weird desync that tried for a "do-over" three times before quitting. The second was a classic dc.

Neither team had much of an advantage before the disconnects, but I finally got things going in the third game and Brees had a field day. Ended up winning on a last second FG as Miami left 26 seconds too long (and three timeouts) for NO to work with.

Unfortunately something has come up and I can't play my game this week against the Eagles. Scrub0bk, I've put myself on auto. Sorry to do this to you. Good luck.

bread's done
Back