CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

no, he didn't call you mog...... and yes, i lurk:D
lol

29672-Tank-Feat.-Chris-Brown-Shots-Fired-CDQ-No-Tags__thumb.jpg

no, he didn't call you mog...... and yes, i lurk:D
Lol. Nope, I wasn't calling you a Mog. However, if I go into the game not knowing what to expect I will be knocked straight on my back. You play a highly conservative slow and methodical running based game management style. This time, I will adapt to that. So no, it wasn't an insult, I simply need to adapt to it.

Btw, I am around pretty much all evening to play our game. Let me know what works!

Lol. Nope, I wasn't calling you a Mog. However, if I go into the game not knowing what to expect I will be knocked straight on my back. You play a highly conservative slow and methodical running based game management style. This time, I will adapt to that. So no, it wasn't an insult, I simply need to adapt to it.

Btw, I am around pretty much all evening to play our game. Let me know what works!
Ah, but what if knowing that you know that, I now adapt MY game and go high octane, slinging guns and whathaveyou? OR...expecting that you might expect me to say that, I only pretend to go high octane, slinging guns and whathaveyou...when in reality, I play the exact same way as before. I hope you're prepared for that.

And yeah, I can play tonight. How does 8:30 PM EST sound?

Ah, but what if knowing that you know that, I now adapt MY game and go high octane, slinging guns and whathaveyou? OR...expecting that you might expect me to say that, I only pretend to go high octane, slinging guns and whathaveyou...when in reality, I play the exact same way as before. I hope you're prepared for that.

And yeah, I can play tonight. How does 8:30 PM EST sound?
I can tell this is going to be a game for the century! 8:30 sounds good! See you then!

MIND = BLOWN

It wasn't a fluke! lol

The Titans were able to jump out to a 14-0 lead after intercepting Cam inside the Tennessee 10 yard line, and were able to ride it to a 31-17 win. Pretty much like the real life Panthers, they live or die with Cam. When he turned the ball over a second time on a fumble late in the game, it pretty much closed the book on this one. Take away those turnovers, and it's a very different game.

Very much a chess match though. I don't know if I really went against my "play style", but I was able to get big plays in this one. Kendall Wright had an 84 yard catch and run for a TD, Chris Johnson had a 66 yard TD run, and Justin Hunter had a 59 yard deep ball catch for a TD. As a result, Tennessee only picked up 6 first downs the entire game vs Carolina's 16 first downs...despite the Titans having a 3 minute edge in time of possession and winning the total offensive yardage battle.

Definitely an interesting game though, and as usual, it required me to be at my best. Great game, Dark Rider. It was nice to play a human opponent again (weirdly enough...you were the last human I played in this league, haha). And I appreciate you taking the time to play the game.

Titans

Jake Locker - 3-3 (wow, I didn't realize I only threw the ball 3 times...that's nuts), 166 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs...158.3 QB Rating (woohoo), 4 att, 4 yds

Chris Johnson - 16 att, 124 yds, 1 TD

Shonn Greene - 2 att, 15 yds, 1 TD

Kendall Wright - 2 rec, 107 yds, 1 TD

Justin Hunter - 1 rec, 59 yds, 1 TD

Bernard Pollard - 6 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack

Colin McCarthy - 5 tackles, 1 INT

Panthers

Cam Newton - 13-18, 161 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 4 att, 32 yds

Kenjon Barner - 15 att, 102 yds

Brandon Lafell - 5 rec, 52 yds, 1 TD

Riley Cooper - 3 rec, 36 yds

Steve Smith - 2 rec, 36 yds

Greg Olsen - 2 rec, 30 yds

Joe Adams - 1 rec, 7 yds, 1 TD

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, just wanted to add, I thought Steve Smith was going to be dead when Pollard came in on that one hit. Smith was like stumbling forward for more yards and Pollard was like "nope...fuck you", lol, and just crashed down on him. Glad it wasn't a long term injury since I know you just got him back.

Jets pick up a 24-13 win against the Giants. Couple of key mistakes (bad play call, bad judgement) doom the Giants in the end. GG HooRox.

Saints over Colts 31-28 in OT. Had several chances late to take a lead but just couldn't convert. Great game Uber.
I lucked out in forcing a bunch of 4th and short early on but my turnovers almost cost me. Can't believe I ran that crazy pick back and then you run the kick back. The 4th quarter was just a scoring frenzy after nothing in the 3rd. GG.

Jets pick up a 24-13 win against the Giants. Couple of key mistakes (bad play call, bad judgement) doom the Giants in the end. GG HooRox.
Game was much tighter than the score indicates, as the Jets returned a pick for a TD late. Your def was stout. Goodson was held under 100 yds, but without that long run in the 1st half, would have been under 50 and Geno only had 4 completions, also for less than 100 yds. I was getting nervous with how easily you were moving it down the field with under a minute to go and the Jets up by 4. Somehow my defense has not seemed to be as solid this season, despite having most of the same players as last season. GG jza.

DVO never responded to my PM. Will play CPU tonight.
Yeah, that's what I figured. The Cowboys might as well be thought of as a CPU team from this point on. Not going to waste anybody elses time trying to get in touch with DVO. If he ever wants to play again, he can post in here. Thanks for letting me know though.

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I'm dropping from the league. The main reason being I've just lost my desire to play. With school back in session and the NFL season winding down it's almost become a chore to get my game in every week. Anyways, best of luck to everyone going forward I've enjoyed playing with you all.

Wanted to play CPU today but got tickets to the Flyers game at the last minute.

Don't really have time to play tonight, have a couple other things to do once I wasn't able to get to them tonight.

Also, disappointing loss in the shoutout :(

Wanted to play CPU today but got tickets to the Flyers game at the last minute.

Don't really have time to play tonight, have a couple other things to do once I wasn't able to get to them tonight.

Also, disappointing loss in the shoutout :(
That's what you get for blowing off your Madden responsibilities...you get to watch your team lose...to my team, lol. And we suck really bad, haha. Must have been crazy to see that save from Hutton in person though. I bet the arena went apeshit when he gloved it.

That's what you get for blowing off your Madden responsibilities...you get to watch your team lose...to my team, lol. And we suck really bad, haha. Must have been crazy to see that save from Hutton in person though. I bet the arena went apeshit when he gloved it.
I was about 10 rows behind the glass right behind the goal there. Had a perfect view of it.

You're absolutely right though everybody was basically in denial that they saw that, lol.

All right, we have advanced to Week 5. Sorry to see Twick go, but I understand if you don't follow football year round, it's hard to stay motivated. For me, this game is still better than most other online sports game options. As sad as that sounds...MLB The Show online has always been ass, and NHL 14 is worse than Madden. I haven't played NBA 2K14...but judging by the fact that again, there is no online league this year, I'm guessing their online is ass again too.

Anyway, our key human vs human games this week are:

Jets (HooRox) vs Bengals (pitfallharry219)

Saints (ubernes) vs Titans (n8rockerasu)

The deadline for this week will be 1/20!

I don't know about NBA 2K14 on Xbox 360, but the PS4 version runs great. Several of the main proponents of an online league- myself, Doomtime, Cru, etc.- have moved on to the PS4 and Xbox One versions, so that contributed a lot to the lack of interest on 360.

I don't know about NBA 2K14 on Xbox 360, but the PS4 version runs great. Several of the main proponents of an online league- myself, Doomtime, Cru, etc.- have moved on to the PS4 and Xbox One versions, so that contributed a lot to the lack of interest on 360.
I've heard that NBA 2K14 is loaded with micro transactions...and that even stuff like setting your lineup requires in-game currency (which can be earned...but obviously can also be bought).

I hadn't heard about that, but a quick Google search showed a lot of complaints about charging to set your lineups. It seems to be an issue present exclusively in the "My Team" mode, which I have yet to try (just got the game a week ago). But that's pretty shitty to do, regardless.

I hadn't heard about that, but a quick Google search showed a lot of complaints about charging to set your lineups. It seems to be an issue present exclusively in the "My Team" mode, which I have yet to try (just got the game a week ago). But that's pretty shitty to do, regardless.
Yup...as bad as EA gets ripped for microtransactions, that's a new low. Oddly enough, it got brought up in the Best Buy Deal of the Day thread for MLB The Show 13, yesterday, haha. Somehow, the conversation shifted to NBA 2K14 and then people started complaining about having to grind for "coins" or whatever the currency is and that you hardly get any for winning a game.

2K is basically just counting on people saying "I don't have time for this shit." and just spending more money for really trivial things. The CAG hockey team used to joke about being charged MS points to get a new stick when yours breaks...but this isn't that far off, lol.

Here's an article I found on it. They make it sound like it extends to more than just MyTeam.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/691758/nba-2k14-vc-shows-its-ugly-side/

And here's a hilarious video making fun of it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IZkZTWK2KI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I can't check out the article/video right now, but the complaint about barely getting any coins for winning is valid. You get something like 300-350 coins for completing a game, but your bonus for winning? 10 coins.

Once I get on to play the game tonight, I plan to explore this further.

Yo So El Tiger is going to join our league. So, we lose Twick, but gain a new member to keep our numbers from dwindling completely. Despite beating sprice in one of his early games, he's had his struggles in the Official League this year (went 7-9 in season 1 and 3-13 in season 2...so not the resounding success that he experienced when he had the 49ers in the Gentlemen's League last year). And it turns out, he's a Browns fan...soooo...yeah, lol. Not like he's being given the keys to a Porsche either, lol.

Looking at things even closer, sprice had kind of a down year by his standards this year, going 10-6 in both of his seasons in the Official League....which is a bit of a drop for a guy that won 3 straight Super Bowls at one point. It looks like our assessment of your skill level may have been a little unfair. Welcome back, Tiger. :)

Glad to be back...to this day I stand by the fact that the 49ers team I inherited in the "JV" league was stacked. And I am very excited to restore glory to a team that is in need of it...

Does anyone know if my week five game has been played? Im away from my xbox and dont know if I have an invite yet so I can check myself

Hey guys. Any chance of adding more human players to this league?

Nevermind. Read the OP (shoulda done that first) and my team is already taken. Also, looks like you guys are pretty deep into the season already. Maybe next season! (Go Redskins!!!)

I wasn't ready to give up down by 21 but then one of the best QBs to ever play over threw his WR by 15 yards while he was firmly planted in the pocket. Not happening. And Jake Locker is now Peyton Manning.

SmartGlass wouldn't send my PM but GG. No reason for me to play tonight and it showed. The good thing was it wouldn't have mattered and I would rather lose an awful game than play well and give up that kick return TD and pass tipped TD, and etc. No chance I was winning regardless so I will take the blowout and move on.

I wasn't ready to give up down by 21 but then one of the best QBs to ever play over threw his WR by 15 yards while he was firmly planted in the pocket. Not happening. And Jake Locker is now Peyton Manning.
lol...hey, I've worked on my passing game a lot this year, haha. I still make a fair share of blunders. I've just been fortunate lately. And the fact that Locker went 7-7 is absurd.

SmartGlass wouldn't send my PM but GG. No reason for me to play tonight and it showed. The good thing was it wouldn't have mattered and I would rather lose an awful game than play well and give up that kick return TD and pass tipped TD, and etc. No chance I was winning regardless so I will take the blowout and move on.
As evidenced by that tipped ball TD. That was probably the most ridiculous play I've ever had in Madden. AT BEST, I thought Walker might have a shot at a jump ball if I threw it to his back shoulder. I never expected it to get tipped like Richard Sherman tipping Kaep's pass tonight. Such a soft tip and Wright caught it like it was thrown to him. EA Sports at its finest right there.

The kickoff to start the game, I couldn't believe how it just opened up. I pretty much just ran it straight. No real fancy moves or any of the craziness some people are able to do. Harris is just fast and it worked out. Like I said in the message I sent you though, that was a "Madden Says You Will Lose" game. I was happy with how I played, but every bounce went my way...even the punt I landed at the 1 yard line. I've never done that. It's just stupid when it's that blatant. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to play.

No prob. It was a perfect storm of you playing really well, me playing really bad and Madden not liking me one bit. I needed a lot more than just a few breaks that game to pull out the W so I can't sweat it.

Well, I guess I'm advancing us as planned. The Packers, Ravens, and Broncos all didn't play their CPU games...but I guess that's just the way it goes. Gotta keep this train moving.

Our key human vs human matchups this week are:

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Browns (Yo Soy El Tiger)

Bengals (pitfallharry219) vs Rams (wtfitstonyy)

There's also Cowboys vs Redskins...but like I said, I'm not going to make people continue to message DVO. Just play the game whenever is convenient for you, bfauble.

The deadline for this week is 1/24!

Well, I guess I'm advancing us as planned. The Packers, Ravens, and Broncos all didn't play their CPU games...but I guess that's just the way it goes. Gotta keep this train moving.

Our key human vs human matchups this week are:

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Browns (Yo Soy El Tiger)

Bengals (pitfallharry219) vs Rams (wtfitstonyy)

There's also Cowboys vs Redskins...but like I said, I'm not going to make people continue to message DVO. Just play the game whenever is convenient for you, bfauble.

The deadline for this week is 1/24!
Yeah, I mean he still hasn't read the message that I sent him to play on week 1.

What the hell? I played my game yesterday and won it 16-13. Wonder why it didn't count. I'm going to be extremely pissed with Madden if I got a sim loss for a game I won.

What the hell? I played my game yesterday and won it 16-13. Wonder why it didn't count. I'm going to be extremely pissed with Madden if I got a sim loss for a game I won.
It's entirely possible it just wasn't showing up on the website. I feel like this has happened with you before. Not sure why the website doesn't acknowledge the Packers, haha. I would check last week's schedule now that we've advanced...but the site is such a piece of shit, it's telling me "You currently don't have any leagues available for use." As I've been saying...million dollar games...$10 server. My brain can't even process that level of greed.

Sorry Nate, meant to post on here last night. My Xbox live ran out yesterday (or maybe a few days before) when I went on to play. I'm debating on buying a final 3 month card because I plan to (and actually have one already) go ps4 for quite a while this gen due to really only playing multi platform games and MLB The Show was the deciding factor on me switching over. I never did own a PS3.

I'll likely make my decision in the next couple of days, I'll see what deals are out there. This is the only multiplayer game I even play anymore on my 360. I still have a backlog I want to get through of single player games.

Sorry Nate, meant to post on here last night. My Xbox live ran out yesterday (or maybe a few days before) when I went on to play. I'm debating on buying a final 3 month card because I plan to (and actually have one already) go ps4 for quite a while this gen due to really only playing multi platform games and MLB The Show was the deciding factor on me switching over. I never did own a PS3.

I'll likely make my decision in the next couple of days, I'll see what deals are out there. This is the only multiplayer game I even play anymore on my 360. I still have a backlog I want to get through of single player games.
That's understandable. Much of my gaming has been shifting to PC lately. It'll be interesting to see how much of a transition everyone makes and who ends up where as the next generation of consoles settles in. Honestly, with PS3, the online community never really established itself, and PS3 sports leagues never really worked (even with The Show...which had terrible online play).

As of right now, there are only a couple games that really interest me on the Xbox One or PS4. One of them is the new UFC game that apparently is supposed to come out sometime this spring. The other would be Kingdom Hearts 3...which won't be out for awhile. Another would be a new Rock Band, but who knows if that will ever be a thought for Harmonix.

And yeah, there's not a lof of sports games on PC...but Madden and NHL are pretty much retreads at this point that likely won't get any better unless they start from scratch. There won't be a baseball game on Xbox One anyway...and The Show has been basically a single player game for years.

I love sports. But sports gaming has gotten incredibly stale to me. I'm honestly more excited about the new RBI Baseball than I have been about any sports game in quite a while.

Giants pick up their second straight win, beating the Cardinals 20-10. 

Eli Manning 15-19, 204 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions

David Wilson 16 carries, 118 yards, 4 catches, 26 yards, 1 TD

Victor Cruz 4 catches, 51 yards, 1 TD

Ruben Randle 3 catches, 94 yards

Giants Defense with five sacks for the second straight game, two apiece from Everson Griffen and Jonathan Hankins.

Hey Nate, I saw that you have Rust on your Steam wishlist. Are you considering buying it?
Ehh...probably not for $20. There are several games like that in early access, and I'm kind of waiting to see which ones get fleshed out the most. Rust does look very promising though. I've watched some "Let's Play" videos of it, and some things are a bit wonky, but it has some very cool ideas.

I like being able to legitimately create a home base and defend it without it being ripe for being destroyed all the time (metal doors and other barriers make it very difficult to break in). It's also cool that you can get flares to call for a supply drop from an airplane...but that those supply drops also make you a target, haha. But yeah...I don't know if it's something I want to spend $20 on right now.

For comparison purposes, the other similar game I've been keeping tabs on is 7 Days To Die (which is priced even worse at $35 for early access). That game has some pretty cool ideas too, but might be a little heavy on a worn out zombie genre. I like the mining and crafting though.

EDIT - Actually, another game that's very similar that I've been keeping tabs on is that Nether. It's also $20 and is in early access. I've watched a few videos of it and it seems pretty decent. I played the DayZ mod for Arma II and mostly hated it. It took forever to locate friends on the map because you'd spawn anywhere, zombie combat was pretty terrible (melee sucked and shooting was hard because the zombies twitched and shook all over the place), and other players would always kill you for no reason.

Unless one of these games goes on a crazy 75% off sale or something, I'll probably wait and see which one (if any) turns out to be any good.

bread's done
Back