CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah I am done this is getting traded in tomorrow. The game is not fun when there are people who play it and clearly know that they can take advantage of the well known issues that the game has when they need to.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this is directed at me... Are you referring to this high corner faceoff circle shot from your message last night? If so, how is that taking advantage of an issue? Granted, I haven't been following the nhl and operation sports forums this year, but I haven't heard of this being an issue. I know I scored 4 off it in the last game, but when you defense clogs the middle, preventing any passes from going through, the only choice I have is to shoot it from the angle you give me. I didn't do any fancy dangles, just fired it high into the corner and Lou would just let it in.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Anyway, not sure if people are getting tired of the discussion, but yeah...it seems like most everybody is on the same page. Whether it's because of being forced to play an 82 game season, the gameplay, or other problems with the game, it seems like most everybody has had their fill of NHL 13.[/QUOTE]

Umm I wouldn't say I've had my fill of NHL13. If you guys aren't gonna do a second season that's fine, I can always join another league. It seems like the only people who are "done" with this game are the 5 or 6 people who have posted on here. I also find it funny that most of the people who are "done" with this game are the ones that just got eliminated from the playoffs...

[quote name='moojuice']I have a feeling this is directed at me... Are you referring to this high corner faceoff circle shot from your message last night? If so, how is that taking advantage of an issue? Granted, I haven't been following the nhl and operation sports forums this year, but I haven't heard of this being an issue. I know I scored 4 off it in the last game, but when you defense clogs the middle, preventing any passes from going through, the only choice I have is to shoot it from the angle you give me. I didn't do any fancy dangles, just fired it high into the corner and Lou would just let it in.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what we referred to as "high percentage scoring areas" in NHL 10/11/12. And honestly, the game needs those (I'd say NHL 13 needs more of them). There'd never be any clean goals otherwise, lol. The basic gist was always "don't let someone take an open shot". I much prefer those goals to "throw anything on and hope it bounces to someone". At least you can make your own adjustments to stop it. I haven't found the setting for "tell the goalie not to be a fucking idiot" yet, haha.

[quote name='Twick87']Umm I wouldn't say I've had my fill of NHL13. If you guys aren't gonna do a second season that's fine, I can always join another league. It seems like the only people who are "done" with this game are the 5 or 6 people who have posted on here. I also find it funny that most of the people who are "done" with this game are the ones that just got eliminated from the playoffs...[/QUOTE]

Wow, dude. That's pretty inflammatory. If we're going to go at it like this, I find it pretty funny that the people who aren't "done" with the game are the ones who goon it up and score more garbage goals than anyone. See. Broad generalizations are fun aren't they?

A good 80% of people that I play with at the rink have already traded it in which is saying a lot considering I play four times a week. Hell, I have gotten to know Marty, Ohluhd and a few other pro players Marty's kids play before I do and the pros actually like to watch and even give out free stuff or pick up the tab sometimes for us) and they all have the same feeling that the game is a pos and that they went back to 12. So it shows that hockey players and some pros can't even stand 13 which is saying a lot. I'm probably in the same boat and I didn't even make the playoffs. I do remember I did the same thing with 11 actually. A month later. I got sick of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='moojuice']I have a feeling this is directed at me... Are you referring to this high corner faceoff circle shot from your message last night? If so, how is that taking advantage of an issue? Granted, I haven't been following the nhl and operation sports forums this year, but I haven't heard of this being an issue. I know I scored 4 off it in the last game, but when you defense clogs the middle, preventing any passes from going through, the only choice I have is to shoot it from the angle you give me. I didn't do any fancy dangles, just fired it high into the corner and Lou would just let it in.[/QUOTE]

No its not directed at you more at the game itself for letting shots like that go in more than maybe once a game especially with the same shooters taking them. But the goalie A.I. in this game is so nerfed its a goal almost every time against one of the elite goalies in the game. But a clean pass across the crease gets met time after time with impossibe god-like saves. Take Bobby Lu as an example he is 6' 3" with his body size/type and goaltending style there should be no place for that shot to go in. I am not saying I liked that last year 99% of the one-timer cross crease passing went in but if my oponent had a chance to take one it was because of someting I did wrong on defense not because the A.I. is broke.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Sounds like what we referred to as "high percentage scoring areas" in NHL 10/11/12. And honestly, the game needs those (I'd say NHL 13 needs more of them). There'd never be any clean goals otherwise, lol. The basic gist was always "don't let someone take an open shot". I much prefer those goals to "throw anything on and hope it bounces to someone". At least you can make your own adjustments to stop it. I haven't found the setting for "tell the goalie not to be a fucking idiot" yet, haha.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with this, most of the same people have complained all year.

I'm just looking forward to playing the last 3 rounds out.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, dude. That's pretty inflammatory. If we're going to go at it like this, I find it pretty funny that the people who aren't "done" with the game are the ones who goon it up and score more garbage goals than anyone. See. Broad generalizations are fun aren't they?[/QUOTE]

20 people in this league. 7 people have said they won't or may not come back for season 2. 1 is still in the playoffs, 1 missed the playoffs, and 4 (5 if you count Nashville) were knocked out in round 1. Just making an observation.

[quote name='Twick87']20 people in this league. 7 people have said they won't or may not come back for season 2. 1 is still in the playoffs, 1 missed the playoffs, and 4 (5 if you count Nashville) were knocked out in round 1. Just making an observation.[/QUOTE]

You've got a point. But that's the difference between these guys who are quite passionate about the game and the people who aren't speaking up that play it just for fun. Not saying it's right or wrong, but you're correct...you aren't making any type of broad generalization.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The broad generalization would be that people are tired of the game BECAUSE they got knocked out of the playoffs. English FTW.[/QUOTE]

I think his gist was, if you didn't lose those playoff games, or the other guys gotten knocked out in the first round, there wouldn't have been as large an uproar, or guys quitting. Which is what it is, you guys are obviously more passionate than others, league wouldn't work without teams like that.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah I mean what better time to talk about whether you're doing another season than when your season is over?

Makes sense to me at least...[/QUOTE]

No, you're absolutely right, and I wouldn't include you in the group...it's just the way some people went about it. That's not taking a shot at anyone for anything, so please no one come at me thinking I'm attacking them.

[quote name='mvp828']I echo Wpark and Destro... I am still really enjoying it, although I am starting to cut back somewhat. That has more to do with the fact that I am a shooter fan first and with Black Ops II still being less than a month old, I am spending a lot of time on that, not to mention a bunch of other games I have accumulated in the past couple months (Hitman: Absolution, NFS:MW, Forza: Horizon, and a lot of others still sitting on the shelf).

Overall I can say that I have easily spent more time on this year's game than any of the previous years (possibly the past 2-3 years combined). I think I now have over 250+ HUT games played in addition to the 87 games in the league so far.

As for the rebounds... I really don't see it that much, but then again I'm pretty good on always being in position to block the shot. My one complaint is that I wish the HUT online tournaments hadn't been removed that required the different salary caps... I swear I played 2 games last night in which the guys I was playing had probably spent close to 100 bucks on his team.[/QUOTE]

See I think HUT took a major step back as well. With the removal of potential, there's no reason to even look twice at those players who are low-rated. In 12, some of those could have had 10-15 training cards applied to them. If done right, you could have boosted those guys into mid-to-upper 80's players. There was "strategery" involved.

This year, it's just play your highest rated NHL'ers and Legends. There's no point in doing anything with those low rated guys expect sticking them in your collection and moving on.

[quote name='Wpark83']I think his gist was, if you didn't lose those playoff games, or the other guys gotten knocked out in the first round, there wouldn't have been as large an uproar, or guys quitting. Which is what it is, you guys are obviously more passionate than others, league wouldn't work without teams like that.[/QUOTE]

That's fair, but most people should know it's been a grind the entire season. Nothing about GM Connected was really easy. We already had people dropping out. Most people had commented on not being committed to play 82 games again. And we were considering drastic settings changes to try to make the game more enjoyable.

At some point, you just decide you're better off cutting your losses and playing something that isn't so difficult to enjoy (I realize it's probably hard to believe that we consider NHL 12 to be that...but several of us have played it a few times over the past month or so...and it was just a more fun game). That's all I'm saying.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The broad generalization would be that people are tired of the game BECAUSE they got knocked out of the playoffs. English FTW.[/QUOTE]

A broad generalization would be you assuming that everyone is on the same page with this league and not doing another season...when 2/3 of the league hasn't mentioned it at all...

All I was trying to say was that nobody made any mention of being "done" with the game during the season, or even after the regular season. Maybe it's just frustration from a bad bounce or two that got you guys knocked out of the playoffs. FWIW I'm probably gonna get swept in the second round by MTL but I'm not gonna quit the league because I'm steaming over it.

[quote name='moojuice']I think a lot of it is from playing this too much, and perhaps a short break could be the remedy.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I've actually played 13 less than I played 12...or at least I've definitely done less OTP/Club. So, the idea would be keeping this around just to do 82 game seasons of GM Connected with less and less human owners...ehh...not really an enticing prospect.

[quote name='Twick87']A broad generalization would be you assuming that everyone is on the same page with this league and not doing another season...when 2/3 of the league hasn't mentioned it at all...

All I was trying to say was that nobody made any mention of being "done" with the game during the season, or even after the regular season. Maybe it's just frustration from a bad bounce or two that got you guys knocked out of the playoffs. FWIW I'm probably gonna get swept in the second round by MTL but I'm not gonna quit the league because I'm steaming over it.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...2/3 of the league forgot how to get into this thread. I'm sorry I don't really consider the opinions of those who don't offer their opinions. And again, with your last sentence. Keep saying things that are completely inaccurate. Your intelligence is breathtaking.

[quote name='Twick87']A broad generalization would be you assuming that everyone is on the same page with this league and not doing another season...when 2/3 of the league hasn't mentioned it at all...

All I was trying to say was that nobody made any mention of being "done" with the game during the season, or even after the regular season. Maybe it's just frustration from a bad bounce or two that got you guys knocked out of the playoffs. FWIW I'm probably gonna get swept in the second round by MTL but I'm not gonna quit the league because I'm steaming over it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's been building for a while. The last straw was watching the crap that happened against Destro (and to be clear, it has nothing to do with him or how he plays, he's one of the better ones in this league) after seeing my two top left wingers get hurt in the final few games of the season. But thanks for basically calling people fed up with the game sore losers.

I think by the time we're ready to start season 2 a lot of us will be over the fact that this game is flawed and we can try to do the best we can with what we got instead of quitting altogether.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I feel like I've actually played 13 less than I played 12...or at least I've definitely done less OTP/Club. So, the idea would be keeping this around just to do 82 game seasons of GM Connected with less and less human owners...ehh...not really an enticing prospect.[/QUOTE]

This. I held onto NHL 11 and 12 until the day before the new one was released. I've already sent 13 to hell! I mean Gamestop.

[quote name='Twick87']I think by the time we're ready to start season 2 a lot of us will be over the fact that this game is flawed and we can try to do the best we can with what we got instead of quitting altogether.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I'm promoting you to commissioner then? Feel free to make a new thread so you can keep track of things, and I'll go ahead and close this one. We can at least make it a smooth transition.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, I guess I'm promoting you to commissioner then? Feel free to make a new thread so you can keep track of things, and I'll go ahead and close this one. We can at least make it a smooth transition.[/QUOTE]

Whatever man, if you wanna start up an NHL 12 league go ahead. Most of us probably don't have 12 so have fun with a 6 man league. But I guess I'll see you again once NHL 14 comes out lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Here's a great post from EA's NHL 13 board detailing why hardly anybody likes NHL 13. Maybe some people just don't care about this stuff. Maybe they haven't played enough to notice it. I don't know. But this is the majority opinion. Research it yourself.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9162744.page

Dislike?

1. Servers suck - Most people experience an average at best online experience, mostly delayed latency/ping to EA servers which produces slight control delay 1/2 seconds delays, sluggishness, etc. many other experience lag, frame rate issue - choppiness, and disconnections.

2. But to the game play, pretty hockey plays are not only very hard to pull off this year, when you do pull them off they don't get rewarded. Most passes get tipped and intercepted, even passes you attempt thru lanes players (human and AI) seem to get the stick in the lane at the last second almost every time. You can't skate past or around defenders without getting knocked off the puck or the puck being poke checked. When you do get a nice pass to a teammate the shot tends to miss the net or hit a post, or the goalie makes superman saves. The skating engine is too slow to turn and maneuver to create space against defenders during a cycle. All of these things combined = Just shoot the puck before you turn it over and scramble for rebounds, create chaos, hope for garbage goals. There are very few "clean" goals this year, "clean" goals are nerfed, they aren't rewarded, the game is chaotic and random, skill will still prevail, but its not skill of "clean goals" even the skilled teams struggle with clean goals, they are just better at positioning and being able to puck up loose pucks, etc. which skilled teams dominate 2nd and 3rd chance goals.

There is a poll in here that sums it up, 80% or so don't find NHL 13, and for good reason, effort isn't rewarded, the harder you try/work = more turnovers, the more you keep it simple and shoot = chaos/randomness and garbage goals. People cherry pick, stretch pass, rush for breakaways (or) shoot shoot shoot regardless if its a good shot or not, just shoot and hope for garbage.

This is not fun

Then there's this post: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9160817.page
...and about a million more like it.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to quote a post bashing the game... Maybe make it a one with valid points...

1. I sure hope that most passes in front of the net are getting tipped or intercepted. That's kind of how it should be, especially with the half-assed quality that most the people online try.

2. You can't skate past/around people without getting knocked off the puck? Weren't you just complaining about the exact opposite a few weeks ago about Weber not being able to knock Datsyuk off the puck?

3. Skating... I've said this all along since the game came out... If you don't take time to learn the skating than obviously it's not going to work to your liking. This of course is in regards to VS. since you guys have your own can of worms over in EASHL and OTP. I have had absolutely no problem making space and creating hockey plays.

As for a previously mentioned shot comment and high shot totals, I'm not sure what the final counts were, but last time I checked the regular season shots had been pretty on par with the normal shot amounts of last season in the NHL.

Lastly, in regards to "clean goals" I can't help but laugh every time I see that. Yes, there are fluke goals, and we have all been on both ends of them... But saying that there isn't clean goals is hilarious. I would say out of my own personal goals, 90% of them came from one-timers from the point, deflections off shots from the point, 2-on-1s started from a poke at center or in the D-zone, powerplay goals, or stop-and-go jukes on aggressive user-controlled D-men.

EDIT: In response to JZA's HUT comment.

I can understand and somewhat agree with that about potential of the low-rated young guys. I do like that they added the Training Duration length. My big thing was that I was glad they removed the Career Length because it got to the point where it was whoever spent the most money on packs was going to have the best team and it was a joke.

[quote name='Twick87']Whatever man, if you wanna start up an NHL 12 league go ahead. Most of us probably don't have 12 so have fun with a 6 man league. But I guess I'll see you again once NHL 14 comes out lol[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing an answer to my question. Honestly, leagues weren't even really much of a thought in previous years (partly because of how bare bones they were). Of course I'll acknowledge that the basic structure for GM Connected is a great thing...but the execution just left a lot to be desired. No matter what your opinion is, we're staring at another 82 game season.

I don't even know if an NHL 12 league would work (flex scheduling leagues tend to fizzle out for whatever reason). Maybe we're better suited for it now after doing an 82 game season, but who knows. But I can say with certainty that OTP/Club play is more enjoyable, and I think that's why several people are making the switch.

As for 14...I'd like to tell you I'm not going to buy it. I don't want to buy it. But I also love hockey. And when the actual sport comes back from what is almost guaranteed to be another lost season, I don't know how easy it will be to swindle me again. And like I said, the game plays nothing like it did at launch anyway. So, how do you ever really know what you're going to end up with?

[quote name='mvp828']If you're going to quote a post bashing the game... Maybe make it a one with valid points...

1. I sure hope that most passes in front of the net are getting tipped or intercepted. That's kind of how it should be, especially with the half-assed quality that most the people online try.

2. You can't skate past/around people without getting knocked off the puck? Weren't you just complaining about the exact opposite a few weeks ago about Weber not being able to knock Datsyuk off the puck?

3. Skating... I've said this all along since the game came out... If you don't take time to learn the skating than obviously it's not going to work to your liking. This of course is in regards to VS. since you guys have your own can of worms over in EASHL and OTP. I have had absolutely no problem making space and creating hockey plays.

As for a previously mentioned shot comment and high shot totals, I'm not sure what the final counts were, but last time I checked the regular season shots had been pretty on par with the normal shot amounts of last season in the NHL.

Lastly, in regards to "clean goals" I can't help but laugh every time I see that. Yes, there are fluke goals, and we have all been on both ends of them... But saying that there isn't clean goals is hilarious. I would say out of my own personal goals, 90% of them came from one-timers from the point, deflections off shots from the point, 2-on-1s started from a poke at center or in the D-zone, powerplay goals, or stop-and-go jukes on aggressive user-controlled D-men.

EDIT: In response to JZA's HUT comment.

I can understand and somewhat agree with that about potential of the low-rated young guys. I do like that they added the Training Duration length. My big thing was that I was glad they removed the Career Length because it got to the point where it was whoever spent the most money on packs was going to have the best team and it was a joke.[/QUOTE]

The only VS I play is in this league. Most of those issues are OTP/EASHL related. The passing issue he's referring to is how you can call for a pass from the AI all the way down at the other end of the ice, and they have no trouble making it. But when you try to execute a set up play, with a clear passing lane, players who aren't even facing the puck will often reach out to knock it away.

So, what this creates is an incentive to cherry pick and play "fast break hockey" as opposed to actually setting up in the offensive zone. We could just be talking about different game modes and what each of us value. In general, shooting and the way the goalie plays the puck is the same in across all modes, and I agree with the EA poster that it becomes about quantity more than quality. But that's my opinion. I doubt anyone is going to convince anyone of anything.

http://youtu.be/uGDA0Hecw1k?t=1m47s

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm not seeing an answer to my question. Honestly, leagues weren't even really much of a thought in previous years (partly because of how bare bones they were). Of course I'll acknowledge that the basic structure for GM Connected is a great thing...but the execution just left a lot to be desired. No matter what your opinion is, we're staring at another 82 game season.

I don't even know if an NHL 12 league would work (flex scheduling leagues tend to fizzle out for whatever reason). Maybe we're better suited for it now after doing an 82 game season, but who knows. But I can say with certainty that OTP/Club play is more enjoyable, and I think that's why several people are making the switch.

As for 14...I'd like to tell you I'm not going to buy it. I don't want to buy it. But I also love hockey. And when the actual sport comes back from what is almost guaranteed to be another lost season, I don't know how easy it will be to swindle me again. And like I said, the game plays nothing like it did at launch anyway. So, how do you ever really know what you're going to end up with?[/QUOTE]

This. I guess I'm in the minority here because I don't play club games. And I'm sure I'll buy NHL 14 whenever it comes out (like I do every year) and I'll hope it is better than this years (knowing that it won't be).

I wish they would come out with one game and have regular patches for it and just have you pay every year for the newest rosters instead of shelling out $60 a year for basically a roster update.

Yeah, Carolina quit the league while he was a 2 seed and wasn't having fun with the game, Nate has been on the game from the jump, even if he won in 7 games I think he would have been yelling still. I don't think losing in the playoffs is the big factor here.

I was bummed Jza has enough after 2 games of our series cause I thought he still could have won our series, but I see his point.

Which I why I said I'm just looking forward to the next couple rounds. Let's see who comes out on top and then see where we are after the dust settles.

Let's try to just leave it at this...the rest of the series play out, and regardless of outcomes, people can come on here just to give a synopsis of the series if they want. No opinions, no bitching.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The only VS I play is in this league. Most of those issues are OTP/EASHL related. The passing issue he's referring to is how you can call for a pass from the AI all the way down at the other end of the ice, and they have no trouble making it. But when you try to execute a set up play, with a clear passing lane, players who aren't even facing the puck will often reach out to knock it away.

So, what this creates is an incentive to cherry pick and play "fast break hockey" as opposed to actually setting up in the offensive zone. We could just be talking about different game modes and what each of us value. In general, shooting and the way the goalie plays the puck is the same in across all modes, and I agree with the EA poster that it becomes about quantity more than quality. But that's my opinion. I doubt anyone is going to convince anyone of anything.

http://youtu.be/uGDA0Hecw1k?t=1m47s[/QUOTE]

Gotcha... That's why I made the comment about VS and OTP.

P.S. Not gonna lie... I listened to the whole song. Haven't heard it in so long and always liked it. lol

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah, Carolina quit the league while he was a 2 seed and wasn't having fun with the game, Nate has been on the game from the jump, even if he won in 7 games I think he would have been yelling still. I don't think losing in the playoffs is the big factor here.

I was bummed Jza has enough after 2 games of our series cause I thought he still could have won our series, but I see his point.

Which I why I said I'm just looking forward to the next couple rounds. Let's see who comes out on top and then see where we are after the dust settles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wpark83']Let's try to just leave it at this...the rest of the series play out, and regardless of outcomes, people can come on here just to give a synopsis of the series if they want. No opinions, no bitching.[/QUOTE]

fuck it... I'm double posting.

Definitely looking forward to playing Buffalo... Or should I say I'm more looking forward to see what Price shows up, 4 goal Price or shutout Price. I'm not thinking a sweep though like Twick joked about a few posts earlier lol. I'm thinking Price will be good for a couple shitty games and Miller is always unpredictable. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 7 since season series was 4-2. I'm guessing Destro and DT go 7. Not picking a winner there though. Will be tough.

Who all has to play in the West?

I know Wpark, Canbananananananananana, Moo (I think you had won) and then was the last one Colbert or Garret?

EDIT: Shit didn't see the no opinions part. :D

[quote name='Wpark83']Let's try to just leave it at this...the rest of the series play out, and regardless of outcomes, people can come on here just to give a synopsis of the series if they want. No opinions, no bitching.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. After the playoffs are over and after the holidays if Nate doesn't want to be in the league anymore then I'll make a new thread and take over as commissioner. Hopefully by then there's a new CBA in place and it'll drum up a little more interest in this game/league.

[quote name='mvp828']fuck it... I'm double posting.

Definitely looking forward to playing Buffalo... Or should I say I'm more looking forward to see what Price shows up, 4 goal Price or shutout Price. I'm not thinking a sweep though like Twick joked about a few posts earlier lol. I'm thinking Price will be good for a couple shitty games and Miller is always unpredictable. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 7 since season series was 4-2. I'm guessing Destro and DT go 7. Not picking a winner there though. Will be tough.

I know Wpark, Canbananananananananana, Moo (I think you had won) and then was the last one Colbert or Garret?[/QUOTE]

I was serious about you sweeping me lol. I beat you those first 2 games early in the season and since then you dominated me in every game. But it'll probably go 5 games, maybe 6 since Miller is pretty freaking good in this game.

[quote name='Wpark83']I don't think Canbanana had won the series yet...? Maybe I'm wrong?[/QUOTE]

I think that Nashville series is the only one we're waiting on

[quote name='Twick87']I think that Nashville series is the only one we're waiting on[/QUOTE]

Gotcha... I guess I was assuming it was over when he mentioned the two OT games.

[quote name='mvp828']fuck it... I'm double posting.

I know Wpark, Canbananananananananana, Moo (I think you had won) and then was the last one Colbert or Garret?

EDIT: Shit didn't see the no opinions part. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I lost 4-2 in a ridiculously tight series with 3 games going to OT.

[quote name='mvp828']Gotcha... I guess I was assuming it was over when he mentioned the two OT games.[/QUOTE]

I told him to play my CPU after we played game 2 last night. Maybe he didn't have time? The game was just too stupid to feel anything for though. I had a 3-0 lead. Then the rebound goals came. He took a 5-3 lead. I tied it up with 2 breakaway goals in the 3rd. Then on the 1st shot in OT he won...which is how he won Game 1 as well...when my d-men couldn't figure out how to protect a 1 goal lead with 20 seconds left.

I get your guys' argument of "keep the center back to defend", but it's a little hard to tell where he is on the ice when you can't switch the camera to focus on him like you can in OTP. And honestly, considering how much EA boasted about "team systems" it shouldn't be necessary. It's just shit programming. Like I said, to me, there's nothing to feel good about with this game. Shit just happens.

I do like how the activity in this thread basically exploded over the last few hours. Unfortunately it's pretty much the same people who usually post. Shows how lots of people have a passion for the game, even if they don't think it's all that great.

[quote name='moojuice']I do like how the activity in this thread basically exploded over the last few hours. Unfortunately it's pretty much the same people who usually post. Shows how lots of people have a passion for the game, even if they don't think it's all that great.[/QUOTE]

yea i was gonna say the same thing earlier. unfortunately it seems like a lot of people want to bail on this league.

[quote name='Twick87']yea i was gonna say the same thing earlier. unfortunately it seems like a lot of people want to bail on this league.[/QUOTE]

Not that there's a huge difference, but it's not so much bailing on the league. The league is great and the people in here are great. But to many of us, we're playing a bad game. I'm bailing on the game.

Even though I rarely post, I am here always. Mostly killing time at work, or being completely entertained. I love this community, I have always enjoyed the banter that goes on here.

As for the league, I had a good time. I didn't see very much of the rebound goals, and the only complaints for the league is game based.

Injuries being too long for a minor bump
AI can interfere when ever they like, while you get sent to the box way too often
The Goalies are ridicules
The season is too long especially if you want to have a 5 year franchise type league, and it really burns guys out trying to jam in all their games so quickly.

Saying that, I still like the game and I will be one of the few that keeps it all year long. If there's a season 2, The Edmonton Oilers will be back and better.

Yeah, for me it's that the game isn't fun to play because you're just waiting for the bullcrap plays to happen. I swear in every game I played Thomas let in at least 1 goal that had no business going in the net while I played Superman in goalie form. Add in the goon squads running around that know how to use the game's broken physics and penalty calling (penalties? What are those? Not in NHL 13!) to score and it gets real old real fast. I like the league and actually had good games against most folks (MrHockey, FlyersFan, Ninjas when he was here) but when the game is something you dread...it's time to walk away.

Seeing 3 posts about a NHL 14 has me wondering one thing. Will EA even make a NHL 14 if their is no season? I'm up for another season in 13 as long as it will work with my schedule.

For whoever I have in the playoffs, if we advance before 5 PM I can probably play a game or two around 530 tonight. But once 6:30 hits I can't play at all tonight. I should be a go tomorrow night and Friday night after 10 EST, so we'll probably have to spread out the series.

[quote name='Wpark83']Any update on this? Did the last series finish or get simmed?[/QUOTE]

I asked Canbanana last night if he advanced and he said yes...

Whether the round has been advanced I am not sure.

Also Twick... Since I keep forgetting to respond to your PM... I should be on tonight but I'm not sure what time yet. I have some advanced screening passes for a movie tonight, but I also have some for tomorrow for a different movie and I could care a less about the one tonight. So, I'll either be on around 5PM or 9PM EST. Just shoot me a message and I'll switch over from whatever I'm playing.

bread's done
Back