CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

Possible, Matty. The boss works for sure on Friday and Saturday night, but they have tonnes of sick babies so may be called in tomorrow as well. I'll let you know.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Free Tomorrow after 4pm and all same for Friday. Free All day Saturday till 6:00Pm.[/QUOTE]

Gary I should be on tomorrow around 4 as well.

[quote name='moojuice']This iOS app...ugh.

If GM Connected works, Hut doesn't, and vice versa[/QUOTE]

Really? I haven't had a problem with it.

Weird. Had a problem most the day with HUT, couldnt "connect" to the server. Now it's working, but cant get into the GM connected.

*shrug*

[quote name='GamerDude316']good game mnwild, that 2nd period...brutal on my end.[/QUOTE]

Yea mnwild gave me a run for my money, I out shot him but I feel like i stole the game in OT. Kept me pinned in my own zone a few times there, he definitely had some solid chances to close the game early on. I got lucky.

Ok, I accepted all the join requests from last night. We're just waiting on 4 more people to join.

queefdemon (Devils)
DarkTower80 (Penguins)
HomelessGamer (Maple Leafs)
sendme (Blues)

Hoping these people join soon so we can start looking at deadlines and how we want to move forward.

[quote name='Canbanana']Yea mnwild gave me a run for my money, I out shot him but I feel like i stole the game in OT. Kept me pinned in my own zone a few times there, he definitely had some solid chances to close the game early on. I got lucky.[/QUOTE]
No puck luck last night! Both of those games were really fun though.

[quote name='Twick87']may we proceed with trades?[/QUOTE]

You just have to spend 30 minutes navigating to the menu. That's the hardest part of making trades.

What setting are we playing on vs CPU? I got rocked by Winnipeg 4-1 outshot them 22-16 and my goalie saved a robust 75%

[quote name='jza1218']You just have to spend 30 minutes navigating to the menu. That's the hardest part of making trades.[/QUOTE]

ok cool. much easier to do trades on the mobile app btw.

[quote name='Twick87']may we proceed with trades?[/QUOTE]

Well, you can start negotiating trades anyway. Once you have an agreement in place with a team, you need to post the proposal in here for community review, so we can make sure no one is getting completely fleeced (I realize the commissioner gets to review trades in the game, but I'd rather have multiple sources of input).

I'm really trying to get rules and policy typed up guys. Just been extremely busy lately. Had part 2 of a root canal yesterday...wife, baby, and myself are moving to a bigger apartment in a week. Just trying to keep up with everything.

[quote name='DestroVega']What setting are we playing on vs CPU? I got rocked by Winnipeg 4-1 outshot them 22-16 and my goalie saved a robust 75%[/QUOTE]

The difficulty is pro with default sliders. I still haven't really figured scoring out. Sometimes, it feels too easy. Other times, the goalie stops everything. I think a lot of the games are just going to come down to lucky bounces, weird angles, etc. I guess that's hockey, but it is frustrating...especially when you're not getting paid, lol.

[quote name='jza1218']Also good game Matt. I was surprised to see Quick come out of the net as often as he did, that definitely hurt early.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135818748[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was unhappy with Quick playing that puck behind the net and then not even getting back into proper position to try to stop your shot, but as I said, you still would have won 2-1 if everything else stayed the same.

Captain Obviou5, I'll probably be off and on throughout the day, so I'll look out for your reply.

Nate- sorry about the root canal situation. I hadn't seen a dentist in 9 years before last month and they said I needed 2 root canals. However, upon further examination, I did not. Still had to get a lot of work done though.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah I wasn't as much bummed about the 1 goal as I was my goalie stopping 12 of 16 lol[/QUOTE]

Thats pro for you....the goalies are much more realistic on all star imo...not as many soft goals. The opposing teams computer goalie will rarely give you a cheap one but your teams goalie is afraid of the puck :)

So, I'm an asshole and just played a CPU game with ST Louis...which someone picked to play. Honest mistake on my part, I did't come check the thread before playing, my brother had just told me that games were starting, and I figured that since the game has been out a week, everyone would have signed up by now that really wanted to. Again, it's my fault. Anyway to reset that game? If not I guess I'll just forfeit or let St Louis win the next game we have scheduled.

[quote name='Wpark83']So, I'm an asshole and just played a CPU game with ST Louis...which someone picked to play. Honest mistake on my part, I did't come check the thread before playing, my brother had just told me that games were starting, and I figured that since the game has been out a week, everyone would have signed up by now that really wanted to. Again, it's my fault. Anyway to reset that game? If not I guess I'll just forfeit or let St Louis win the next game we have scheduled.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that kind of sucks. I guess you'll have to make it up to him by allowing him to play your team as the CPU once. Just try to pay attention going forward. It is going to be important to keep up with the thread.

In other news, I've accepted DarkTower's and sendme's join requests. Now we're just down to queefdemon and HomelessGamer. I'll send them another PM and then we'll give them until tomorrow evening. If they're not joined by then, we'll open up free agency and trades, and set a deadline for that first group of games.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, that kind of sucks. I guess you'll have to make it up to him by allowing him to play your team as the CPU once. Just try to pay attention going forward. It is going to be important to keep up with the thread.

In other news, I've accepted DarkTower's and sendme's join requests. Now we're just down to queefdemon and HomelessGamer. I'll send them another PM and then we'll give them until tomorrow evening. If they're not joined by then, we'll open up free agency and trades, and set a deadline for that first group of games.[/QUOTE]

Anyway we can update the OP with the most important info then? Shit can get lost in all the pages.

Well, the rivalry has now been set for the Panthers and Lightning. Good games Mr Hockey! Can't wait to see this rivalry through the season!

[quote name='Wpark83']Anyway we can update the OP with the most important info then? Shit can get lost in all the pages.[/QUOTE]

I posted on this very same page that I'm trying to get to it, and what's been slowing me down. Nobody else seemed to struggle with figuring out which teams had owners (which actually is in the OP anyway).

Ugh...just finished an awful game with wpark. I don't even know what to make of it. I scored first. And then Rinne gave up 2 goals on his next 2 shots. Then, the game just completely started blowing wpark. The 3rd goal gets poked away, bounces around, and goes in off a skate. Then the 4th goal, one of the Wings forwards knocks Rinne down, leaving a wide open net for another player to tap the puck in. No call.

Also, I got checked from behind several times, one of which easily could have been a game misconduct...again, no calls. It's hard for me to blame wpark for this stuff because he's just playing hard and it's the way the game is. But god damn...it's hard not to feel completely screwed sometimes. Rinne ended up allowing 4 goals on 21 shots. Herp derp...one of the best goalies in the game. I think I'm about ready to start simming games, lol.

Some of the Highlights
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135988251
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135988847
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135989554
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135990587
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135991410

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I absolutely got trucked by MVP. Also no penalties called while getting bashed around everywhere. It's all just gonna balance out over 82 games.

I do wonder how they went from the perfect penalty calls (for the most part) in '12 to this game.

:whee: Sold my Sidney Crosby HUT card for 273,100 :whee:

Does the auction house take a cut? Despite selling it for that much, I only have 262,255 in my balance....

[quote name='moojuice']:whee: Sold my Sidney Crosby HUT card for 273,100 :whee:

Does the auction house take a cut? Despite selling it for that much, I only have 262,255 in my balance....[/QUOTE]

Yes, it definitely takes a cut. That's pretty amazing though. I was happy to get Callahan from my season ticket packs.

FYI, if anyone gets Marc Staal, please let me know.

[quote name='DestroVega']Eh, I absolutely got trucked by MVP. Also no penalties called while getting bashed around everywhere. It's all just gonna balance out over 82 games.

I do wonder how they went from the perfect penalty calls (for the most part) in '12 to this game.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know if I"d call the penalties in 12 "perfect". To me, there was a lot of leeway given in that game. But for EA to think that there needed to be LESS penalties in 13 is just awful on so many levels. The answer to not spending the entire game in the penalty box isn't "call less penalties". It's "make people learn how to play defense".

[quote name='moojuice']:whee: Sold my Sidney Crosby HUT card for 273,100 :whee:

Does the auction house take a cut? Despite selling it for that much, I only have 262,255 in my balance....[/QUOTE]

Wow...that's incredible. Now where's my 10% consultant's fee?

Bought one of those jumbo packs that went on special two nights ago...figured I could recoup my costs by selling players...only needed one lol. It did take me a while to actually put it on the trade market, he is rated really good.

And EA took the 10% cut I was going to give to you Nate :p

The penalties are sad. You can literally destroy a player with no call. First game I played against Mr Hockey I lost 4 - 0 cause of my stupidity. So, third period, poke check non stop and not one single tripping penalty. It's a shame.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']The penalties are sad. You can literally destroy a player with no call. First game I played against Mr Hockey I lost 4 - 0 cause of my stupidity. So, third period, poke check non stop and not one single tripping penalty. It's a shame.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it just doesn't make any damn sense. It's one thing if the action actually isn't a penalty. But we've seen guys do the trip animation or the hook animation (which you get locked into) and there's no call. There shouldn't be any "interpretation" there. Same thing with boarding calls. If I smash somebody's face into the glass, call me for a major, and guess what...I'll be a little more hesitant the next time I come into the corner hard. It's insane that EA seems to have no interest in that though. They talk all this crap about "realism" and then just ignore stuff like that. I think they've just had no competition for so long in most of their sports games, they've just completely lost touch.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ugh...just finished an awful game with wpark. I don't even know what to make of it. I scored first. And then Rinne gave up 2 goals on his next 2 shots. Then, the game just completely started blowing wpark. The 3rd goal gets poked away, bounces around, and goes in off a skate. Then the 4th goal, one of the Wings forwards knocks Rinne down, leaving a wide open net for another player to tap the puck in. No call.

Also, I got checked from behind several times, one of which easily could have been a game misconduct...again, no calls. It's hard for me to blame wpark for this stuff because he's just playing hard and it's the way the game is. But god damn...it's hard not to feel completely screwed sometimes. Rinne ended up allowing 4 goals on 21 shots. Herp derp...one of the best goalies in the game. I think I'm about ready to start simming games, lol.

Some of the Highlights
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135988251
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135988847
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135989554
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135990587
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135991410[/QUOTE]

That's crazy that the second hit didn't get a penalty. I have had a couple of game misconducts in HUT from hits like that. A big reason why most the time I won't even mess with someone in the corner unless I'm coming from the sides.

Played 5 of my 6 games today/tonight. Played one against Minnesota in which was a really good game that I got a lucky slap-shot early in the 2nd and ended up winning 2-0.

Then played two against Boston. I will say in each of the Boston games he got one shit penalty called on him. One was the bs roughing call by the AI when Chara shoved my guy quite aways from the net, and the other being a goalie interference on Seguin in which on the replay I don't even think Seguin hit the goalie at all.

Then as Destro said, I played one against him and one against the lowly Senators. I kind of wonder if Ottawa will get a win lol.

[quote name='mvp828']That's crazy that the second hit didn't get a penalty. I have had a couple of game misconducts in HUT from hits like that. A big reason why most the time I won't even mess with someone in the corner unless I'm coming from the sides.

Played 5 of my 6 games today/tonight. Played one against Minnesota in which was a really good game that I got a lucky slap-shot early in the 2nd and ended up winning 2-0.

Then played two against Boston. I will say in each of the Boston games he got one shit penalty called on him. One was the bs roughing call by the AI when Chara shoved my guy quite aways from the net, and the other being a goalie interference on Seguin in which on the replay I don't even think Seguin hit the goalie at all.

Then as Destro said, I played one against him and one against the lowly Senators. I kind of wonder if Ottawa will get a win lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that Seguin call was completely bull. I really hate how 13 seems to call so few penalties but the rare ones that are called are so off-base. Especially since over the course of me and MVP's 2 games last night we both had plenty of other hits that could have easily been called.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I posted on this very same page that I'm trying to get to it, and what's been slowing me down. Nobody else seemed to struggle with figuring out which teams had owners (which actually is in the OP anyway).[/QUOTE]

I didn't struggle with it, I plain fucked up, which I said.

Anyone that has tried to play goaltender does the game have a lot of slowdown when everyone is around the net? Every time I have played a game as a goaltender the game slows down then pauses for a second and the other team has scored. It is only when I have a lot going on around the net. If the puck is just shot at me and both teams are spread around a little bit I'm fine.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah, that Seguin call was completely bull. I really hate how 13 seems to call so few penalties but the rare ones that are called are so off-base. Especially since over the course of me and MVP's 2 games last night we both had plenty of other hits that could have easily been called.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my biggest complaint is the lack of consistency. I've seen goalie interference calls where the player barely brushes past the goalie and doesn't alter his movement much at all. Then I've seen non-calls where the goalie just gets plowed into and pushed out of the crease. If EA wants to call that "realism", they can go fuck themselves.

[quote name='DestroVega']I have to figure they patch/tune penalties sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, according to EA, they already have. The last tuner update supposedly increased penalties. I know a lot of people on the OS forums played around with sliders to see if they could get more calls, and they discovered that even with the sliders maxed out, they were hardly getting any calls. I think EA's idea of what a penalty is is just off...and I'm not sure they can patch in comprehension, lol.

Im sure this is posted somewhere on this thread but I cant find it...what is the day or days the season gets advanced? thanks.

[quote name='mnwild22']Im sure this is posted somewhere on this thread but I cant find it...what is the day or days the season gets advanced? thanks.[/QUOTE]

We're still working it out. Not everyone has even joined the league yet (still waiting on 2 people). They have until tonight to join, then we're opening up free agency and setting a deadline for this first set of games (likely to be 3-4 days since most of us have started playing already).

Ok, finally got a list of rules and policies posted in the OP. If anyone has any questions about something that I didn't cover (or something that I did), feel free to ask.

I must be really horrid at this game. I just lost to the Blue Jackets in a shoot-out. Guess I need to practice a bit more than I thought I would have to.

EDIT: Just lost again to Winnipeg in OT. Great Start to the Season

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I am going to be pretty worthless this weekend as far as playing my games go against CAG controlled teams. I could do late Saturday night between 9:00 and 10:00 est. Sunday night I can do after 10:00 to about 12:00 est. So if anybody needs to play the Canucks they would be my best times to play this weekend.

bread's done
Back