CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Nope. As stated in the disconnect policy in the OP, you just have to take it on the chin...because that's how EA likes it.[/QUOTE]

I think you have your body parts confused.

Rangers 4, Sharks 1

Rick Nash scores twice and henrik lundqvist falls 30 seconds short of a shutout. Rangers benefit from from a odd goal again, as the puck goes in off a defenseman while niemi lunges the other way to stop the one-timer in front. Gg Sharks!

I messaged Captain Obviou5 (who was away) on XBL. Hoping to get our game in tonight. Other than that, I only have the CPU teams- Toronto and Calgary.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, the other guy never joined, so I'm fine with you taking them. Just accepted your join request. You're a little behind, but you might be able to get in a few games in this first set before the 9/24 deadline. Just make sure you read through the general rules and policies in the OP. Welcome aboard!

He's a friend of mine. He's on XBL fairly often, so you might want to try messaging him on there. I told him you were trying to get in touch with him though, so hopefully you guys can get something set up. He mentioned possibly playing demeo tomorrow, so maybe you can get in on that too.[/QUOTE]

Cool, just to update my availability, I'm on the west coast so PST and I'm usually available any weekday after 6, except Thursdays. Anytime on Saturday...Sunday depends on whether I watch football with the bros or not.

Hi, I would like to join the league as well here is my info:

Winnipeg Jets | IndoAssassin | IndoAssassin | Pacific | Anyday except Tuesday, and Wednesday or other day that I get called into work.

[quote name='DestroVega']Pretty sure he won one of our leagues in NHL 11[/QUOTE]

Definitely wasn't me... This is my first CAG league with the exception of a brief stint in Madden 10 but just didn't have the availability not to mention it was more of a tryout. I jumped into it as a replacement owner of the Bengals who had been pretty much been sold up the river by the previous owner. Other than that, I have been playing the NHL games since I think 09 and was put on the EASHL roster but never played a game.

[quote name='mvp828']Definitely wasn't me... This is my first CAG league with the exception of a brief stint in Madden 10 but just didn't have the availability not to mention it was more of a tryout. I jumped into it as a replacement owner of the Bengals who had been pretty much been sold up the river by the previous owner. Other than that, I have been playing the NHL games since I think 09 and was put on the EASHL roster but never played a game.[/QUOTE]

My mistake.

[quote name='DestroVega']My mistake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you're thinking of ajh. I'm pretty sure he won one of the leagues we actually completed, haha.

But I think predicting a champion a few games into the season is a little silly. I started out 0-2, losing to the Avs and Red Wings. But now I'm 2-2, shutting out both the Kings and Penguins. Does that mean I'm awesome all of a sudden? Nope. Just means it was my turn. We'll see where the dust settles after 82 games.

It will be late. The idea was to give people THROUGH tomorrow to get those games in. It could even be early Tuesday morning depending on how late I'm up.

Okay, well it turns out I have 2 games vs. Captain Obv. so I hope he gets back to me. I also am set to play Ninjas in a Box. I messaged him on XBL, but he's been offline for a half hour.

I played the CPU Flames, and they somehow got 3 shots by Jonathan Quick in the first period. It was something like 3 of their first 5-6 shots. I ended up losing 3-2.

I'm sure Rob will update the thread with our game. It was so back and forth that it was a true hockey game. Probably one of the best I'll play all season. As I told Rob, I always pull goalie in the last minute if I'm down by 1. There is no difference if you lose by one or two in hockey. A loss is a loss. Probably a mentality we should get for EASHL.

Played a great game with Gary. Won 4-2 but that wasn't indicative of the game. A better goals and Gary wins easy. He controlled play really well.

Nate, can you contact Ninjas In A Box for me? He responded last night on Live, but he didn't say when he could play and he even asked me how to find the schedule. I'm kind of worried... I'd like to play all my games. I still have 1 with him and then 2 with Captain OBVIOU5. Cap did message me back last night saying his wife had put him to work and that maybe we could play today.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, can you contact Ninjas In A Box for me? He responded last night on Live, but he didn't say when he could play and he even asked me how to find the schedule. I'm kind of worried... I'd like to play all my games. I still have 1 with him and then 2 with Captain OBVIOU5. Cap did message me back last night saying his wife had put him to work and that maybe we could play today.[/QUOTE]

Hey Matt, sorry again about the delay yesterday. I should know after eight years of chains that a "free" Sunday really means "I'm going to work your ass off today" I will be on later tonight after 9:00pm mtn.

For Vancouver / Anaheim / San Jose if you are around tonight I will be as well.

[quote name='ajh2298']Anybody who needs to play the Canucks I should be on around 11:00 est.[/QUOTE]

I'll look for you when i get on tonight ajh.

I will look for you Captain, I got a game with Ninjas at 8 EST and will look for you afterwards. I will probably switch to FIFA if you are not there close to 8 and then switch back when you can play

Speaking of FIFA anyone here playing FIFA 13 and looking for a Club to join? Send me a PM if you are interested, we have like 5-6 guys who play right now but its always rotating who is around when

[quote name='Flyersfan']I'm available all day for flyers games.[/QUOTE]

Flyers fan if you are around either between 6-8 EST or after 8:30 EST I could play you tonight too. Same goes for Ninjas (if anybody talks to him on XBL please pass this along since I'm at work)

Really? Thought I joined, though i did get disconnected a bunch of times before I eventually got through. Router issue is all fixed though, I'll join next time i sign on.

Darktower anytime after 6 eastern works for me now, I have to watch my nephew for a couple hours.

Gamerdude, how about 9 pm?

If I could play Ninjas In A Box right after Demeo does, that would work great timing-wise. Cap, I'm not sure I'll be on at 9 P.M. Mountain time. Been getting to sleep early and waking up early, and am used to Central time. I fell asleep around 7 P.M. pacific/8 P.M. Mountain last night.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Darktower anytime after 6 eastern works for me now, I have to watch my nephew for a couple hours.[/QUOTE]

Okay, a little after 6 EST works for me.

[quote name='Twick87']If anyone needs a defenseman or a winger, I'm open to trades. I could use a good center. I'll also deal draft picks.[/QUOTE]

Proposing

Tampa - V. Lecavalier

Buffalo - T. Meyers

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Proposing

Tampa - V. Lecavalier

Buffalo - T. Meyers[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should've clarified that. Not trading Myers or Ehrhoff.

[quote name='Twick87']Sorry, I should've clarified that. Not trading Myers or Ehrhoff.[/QUOTE]

In works

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess I joined another league before, no idea how that happened.

I have to wait until Nate approves me so I can play. If he can't gt on by say 9 pm feel free to play my CPU.

[quote name='Flyersfan']So I guess I joined another league before, no idea how that happened.

I have to wait until Nate approves me so I can play. If he can't gt on by say 9 pm feel free to play my CPU.[/QUOTE]

Noted. I'll be on around 9 as well so I'll look for ya

EDIT: I PMed Ninjas again as well asking to play tonight, if I havent heard from him by say 10 PM EST is it okay to just play the CPU?

[quote name='Flyersfan']I have to wait until Nate approves me so I can play. If he can't gt on by say 9 pm feel free to play my CPU.[/QUOTE]

Accepted your join request. You are in.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Noted. I'll be on around 9 as well so I'll look for ya

EDIT: I PMed Ninjas again as well asking to play tonight, if I havent heard from him by say 10 PM EST is it okay to just play the CPU?[/QUOTE]

It would be ok if this game hadn't been programmed by a bunch of mongoloids. I feel like a broken record always comparing NHL to Madden, but again..."unlike in Madden", I can't switch people to "auto pilot".

The decision to allow the CPU to play for you has to be made on a game by game basis by each individual team owner. Yeah, so...if your opponent wouldn't mind letting you play the CPU, he has to load up NHL and choose to allow the CPU to play that game... At that point, he might as well just play it himself.

The only way I could do it is to boot the person from the league and have them rejoin later. And sorry...but that's just too much work to juggle for 24 teams over an 82 game season. If it could be done from the website...or the app (if the app was made for Android, since I don't have iOS), I'd be ok with it. But having to load up the game that many times and go through those menu screens would make me want to throw myself infront of a bus.

It really blows my mind how poorly this mode was put together, and that the Madden team was able to come up with better ideas and have more common sense. What's even more crazy is that Madden's Connected Careers are far from perfect and have numerous goofs of their own. But NHL's are just still much much worse. The NHL team should really be embarrassed.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Accepted your join request. You are in.

It would be ok if this game hadn't been programmed by a bunch of mongoloids. I feel like a broken record always comparing NHL to Madden, but again..."unlike in Madden", I can't switch people to "auto pilot".

The decision to allow the CPU to play for you has to be made on a game by game basis by each individual team owner. Yeah, so...if your opponent wouldn't mind letting you play the CPU, he has to load up NHL and choose to allow the CPU to play that game... At that point, he might as well just play it himself.

The only way I could do it is to boot the person from the league and have them rejoin later. And sorry...but that's just too much work to juggle for 24 teams over an 82 game season. If it could be done from the website...or the app (if the app was made for Android, since I don't have iOS), I'd be ok with it. But having to load up the game that many times and go through those menu screens would make me want to throw myself infront of a bus.

It really blows my mind how poorly this mode was put together, and that the Madden team was able to come up with better ideas and have more common sense. What's even more crazy is that Madden's Connected Careers are far from perfect and have numerous goofs of their own. But NHL's are just still much much worse. The NHL team should really be embarrassed.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. However, I've sent multiple PM's to this user over the last few days, other users have had trouble reaching him as well (Matt Young has commented on that in this thread), and it just seems a little silly that the game would have to be completely simmed when one user is willing, able, and trying to communicate time for setting up a match and could just play the CPU instead. I'm not trying to rag on Ninjas here since I know things come up, but he hasnt communicated anything here. Just my $.02.

Just had a game with Flyersfan that was the opposite of my game with Nate. This time Fleury was the one who stood on his head and Bryzgalov jumped out of the way on a penalty shot. Penguins win 3-0, in a game with some pretty bad lag.

Sorry about Briere, that is one of the things I don't get. I have gotten a lot bigger hits where the guy skates away and then that one hurts him for 50 games.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I understand that. However, I've sent multiple PM's to this user over the last few days, other users have had trouble reaching him as well (Matt Young has commented on that in this thread), and it just seems a little silly that the game would have to be completely simmed when one user is willing, able, and trying to communicate time for setting up a match and could just play the CPU instead. I'm not trying to rag on Ninjas here since I know things come up, but he hasnt communicated anything here. Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]

You can't play the CPU unless the other team enables it though. So there's not much that can actually be done from Nate's perspective. I'm not sure you can actually play the CPU unless the other team has enabled it.

I already set the Rangers up so that the Sabres could play the CPU tonight. Same goes for the Devils I suppose, since tonight is the deadline.

It could be due to being up for about 16 hours, but am I reading correctly that if one player has it simulated it is then simulated for both players? I thought one team would just be the CPU and the other be the player.

[quote name='sendme']It could be due to being up for about 16 hours, but am I reading correctly that if one player has it simulated it is then simulated for both players? I thought one team would just be the CPU and the other be the player.[/QUOTE]

No. When you go to select a game, there is a second option that enables the CPU to play for you. That's why you set up your AI file or whatever it's called.

[quote name='jza1218']You can't play the CPU unless the other team enables it though. So there's not much that can actually be done from Nate's perspective. I'm not sure you can actually play the CPU unless the other team has enabled it.

I already set the Rangers up so that the Sabres could play the CPU tonight. Same goes for the Devils I suppose, since tonight is the deadline.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, guess I didn't understand how that worked. I know you can set up your own AI but I thought that if the other user didnt enable it you would just play the standard CPU. My mistake.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Oh okay, guess I didn't understand how that worked. I know you can set up your own AI but I thought that if the other user didnt enable it you would just play the standard CPU. My mistake.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see an option to play the AI, so my understanding of things is that it has to be enabled. That's what I had to do for tonight. I'd imagine playing an unowned team would be different of course.

[quote name='jza1218']I didn't see an option to play the AI, so my understanding of things is that it has to be enabled. That's what I had to do for tonight. I'd imagine playing an unowned team would be different of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you are correct I just looked at it myself. Guess I'll just wait and see if he gets back to me tonight otherwise I'll enable sim before I go to bed.

Flyersfan I'm on now, just sent you an XBL request too.

[quote name='jza1218']I didn't see an option to play the AI, so my understanding of things is that it has to be enabled. That's what I had to do for tonight. I'd imagine playing an unowned team would be different of course.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this is correct. As I said, the Madden team did a far better job handling this, as the commissioner has the power to set any team to "auto pilot" whenever they want...which makes this issues moot. I agree that Ninjas needs to be more active. But this is also the first week of a brand new game mode. Lets ease off the throttle a bit.

In all honesty, one could raise the argument that one person playing all 82 of their games just because they have the free time is "unfair". In that regard, people who have jobs, wives, kids, etc. are being punished for not being able to sit at their Xbox all day and play 10 games of NHL vs the CPU. But this is the shithole of a system that EA gave us to sort out this year. None of the decisions are easy...and we can only do the best we can.

I hate to do this a week into the season but I think I am going to have to leave the league. I am not going to be able to put the time into it as I thought I was going to earlier when I joined. On top of that, I cannot connect to a game. It took moojuice and I nearly 30 minutes to figure it out and I do not want to slow things down by having this happen on a consistent basis. Same thing happened to me last year in the Madden league. The internet here at my school is a hit or miss, and well it has failed again.

I will leave the league when I get back home tonight or if someone wants to do it before I get to it, so be it. Sorry again gents. Hopefully 1 day Ill be able to participate in a league on CAG.

bread's done
Back