CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah you are correct I just looked at it myself. Guess I'll just wait and see if he gets back to me tonight otherwise I'll enable sim before I go to bed.

Flyersfan I'm on now, just sent you an XBL request too.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it, just sent you one. I'm in the menu for the ame now.

Gg Gamerdude. He and I went into a shoot out. Ended up winning 3-2.

I didn't trust bryzgalov at all after your second goal so i never passed out lol

[quote name='Flyersfan']Gg Gamerdude. He and I went into a shoot out. Ended up winning 3-2.

I didn't trust bryzgalov at all after your second goal so i never passed out lol[/QUOTE]

gg Flyersfan!

lol yeah, Seguin got pretty lucky both goals. Only issue this game was some lag, which messed me up on the shootout and ended up in me wasting Bergeron...but otherwise a great game!

[quote name='Twick87']Just lost a 14 round shootout to the CPU. fuck my life.[/QUOTE]

Shootouts are insane this year. I had to pull a quadruple deke just to have Nugent-Hopkins beat some Minor League goalie in HUT.

Just had a game with DestroVega. Solid game. Kinda bummed that Marty Brodeur got beat once or twice on the high glove side and put me in a 3-0 hole in the first period, especially considering one of them was an unscreened shot from the high slot. Picked up a goal in each period after that, and had a few craaaaazy second-and-third chance plays.

2-3 Caps. Fun stuff!

[quote name='redshadow']Just had a game with DestroVega. Solid game. Kinda bummed that Marty Brodeur got beat once or twice on the high glove side and put me in a 3-0 hole in the first period, especially considering one of them was an unscreened shot from the high slot. Picked up a goal in each period after that, and had a few craaaaazy second-and-third chance plays.

2-3 Caps. Fun stuff![/QUOTE]

The goalies are just totally random like that. You just have to tell yourself that you'll get it back in a different game. I know I already have, as after barely cracking a 70% save percentage in my first 2 games, Rinne has reeled off 3 straight shut outs. It's really just luck of the draw.

This game on Superstar... I don't know what to think. Had a HUT match earlier where I held the Pens to 3 shots through 2. Then in the 3rd they had 10. Win 3-0. Next game goalie gives up the first three to which I end up getting 4 unanswered in the 2nd and 3rd.

[quote name='mvp828']This game on Superstar... I don't know what to think. Had a HUT match earlier where I held the Pens to 3 shots through 2. Then in the 3rd they had 10. Win 3-0. Next game goalie gives up the first three to which I end up getting 4 unanswered in the 2nd and 3rd.[/QUOTE]

It's an EA game. Have you ever played Madden on All-Madden difficulty? Somehow, you're the only team that ever fumbles, your WRs drop passes left and right, the AI's defenders are psychic, and their RBs bounce off every tackle. EA doesn't know how to make a game play harder. They just know how to make it cheat more.

Proposed trade from Twick:

Colorado:
Paul Stasny/C/26/85/6.7mill

Buffalo:
Ville Leino/C/29/81/4.5mill
Andrej Sekera/D/26/82/2.75mill

Colorado gives up 1st line center for 2nd/3rd line center and depth at D.

Also, im looking for some 3rd/4th line wingers who ideally fill a playmaker/power forward/sniper role.

Duchene, Landeskog, and Varly are staying on my team 100%.

[quote name='moojuice']Also, im looking for some 3rd/4th line wingers who ideally fill a playmaker/power forward/sniper role.

Duchene, Landeskog, and Varly are staying on my team 100%.[/QUOTE]

What are you looking to move?

[quote name='Canbanana']Just had a game with Sendme, Halak was ridiculously solid up until the 3rd then he just started letting everything in, momentum really kills goalies it seems.. one stinker he let in was this bad boy http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136473688[/QUOTE]

He let another one in that I'm still trying to figure out. From the angle I saw of another goal Halak stopped it then slid to his left and the puck slid into the net. Fun game though.

I have the 360 app for my Android so if someone sends me a message on live I will see it some time that day as long as you send it to my live account. Should be a little easier setting up times to play with me checking that when I can than logging into live.

EDIT:

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']I hate to do this a week into the season but I think I am going to have to leave the league. I am not going to be able to put the time into it as I thought I was going to earlier when I joined. On top of that, I cannot connect to a game. It took moojuice and I nearly 30 minutes to figure it out and I do not want to slow things down by having this happen on a consistent basis. Same thing happened to me last year in the Madden league. The internet here at my school is a hit or miss, and well it has failed again.

I will leave the league when I get back home tonight or if someone wants to do it before I get to it, so be it. Sorry again gents. Hopefully 1 day Ill be able to participate in a league on CAG.[/QUOTE]

I was having some lag myself. Nothing to bad like it sounds like you have. The game would just seem like it was paused and unpaused quickly. Didn't seem like it was anything to change the game.

If anyone is looking for a solid fourth-line center, I'd like to move either Rupp or Halpern for a similar rated right winger.

[quote name='sendme']

I was having some lag myself. Nothing to bad like it sounds like you have. The game would just seem like it was paused and unpaused quickly. Didn't seem like it was anything to change the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Its pretty crazy on my end. I cannot even get to the ready screen the connection is so bad.

Really anyone on my 3rd or 4th line are fair game.

I might have a hard time parting with O'Reiley as I feel he has long term potential, but I'm really just looking to mix up my line structure for those two lines because they feel too much like enforcer/grinder lines.

[quote name='moojuice']Proposed trade from Twick:

Colorado:
Paul Stasny/C/26/85/6.7mill

Buffalo:
Ville Leino/C/29/81/4.5mill
Andrej Sekera/D/26/82/2.75mill

Colorado gives up 1st line center for 2nd/3rd line center and depth at D.[/QUOTE]

Seems like two pretty solid players coming from Buffalo. Maybe Colorado could throw in a late round draft pick to give it a little more balance?

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very active on here and most of all, active with GM connected. Working 6 days, wife and kid...so much going on. I had the hardest time trying to figure out GM connected and who's who on which team. Had a buddy of mine( who is also in a league) tell me what I needed to do. I want to say good game to the 4 guys I played tonight. Every guy made it challenging, nerve racking at times but still fun. Coming from playing so many eashl games to GM connected was definitely a transition. I'll try to be more active on here and again I apologize.

Can we add player types to things we need to post? Sounds strange, I know, but I feel there is a difference between an 81 playmaker and an 81 grinder.

[quote name='Ninjas in a Box']Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very active on here and most of all, active with GM connected. Working 6 days, wife and kid...so much going on. I had the hardest time trying to figure out GM connected and who's who on which team. Had a buddy of mine( who is also in a league) tell me what I needed to do. I want to say good game to the 4 guys I played tonight. Every guy made it challenging, nerve racking at times but still fun. Coming from playing so many eashl games to GM connected was definitely a transition. I'll try to be more active on here and again I apologize.[/QUOTE]

Very classy. That's what this league is all about. I found it kind of funny that people were scrambling to play so many games the day of the deadline, but I definitely appreciate the effort from everyone.

Like I've been saying (probably too much), the system EA gave us is far from perfect. But if we work together, I still think we can have a lot of fun with it. Right now, we have 24 teams in here...and we have some people making a real effort to play all of their games. That says a lot to me. We're all here because we love hockey. And right now...sadly, this is the only hockey we have. We WILL raise our own Stanley Cup, dammit! :twoguns:

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Very classy. That's what this league is all about. I found it kind of funny that people were scrambling to play so many games the day of the deadline, but I definitely appreciate the effort from everyone.

Like I've been saying (probably too much), the system EA gave us is far from perfect. But if we work together, I still think we can have a lot of fun with it. Right now, we have 24 teams in here...and we have some people making a real effort to play all of their games. That says a lot to me. We're all here because we love hockey. And right now...sadly, this is the only hockey we have. We WILL raise our own Stanley Cup, dammit! :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

Ron Burgundy taught me the ways of staying classy and for that I thank him.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Seems like two pretty solid players coming from Buffalo. Maybe Colorado could throw in a late round draft pick to give it a little more balance?[/QUOTE]

Could do that, but I don't feel it's too much off to begin with to necessitate that. Stasny is a player with a lot of potential still (4.5 stars iirc in this game iirc). Leino is a comparable, but lower rated skater, and Sekera is someone who is already maxed as far as potential goes, so I get what I get with him. If anything, Colorado comes out a little bit ahead, and adding the Draft just"evens it out" a bit so it's 100% on both sides of the table.

If anything, I'd be concerned about the cap hit Stasny has... Feel it's a tad bit high to be taking on, but as long as he produces #1 center numbers, it shouldn't be an issue

Ninjas In A Box, sorry again for last night. Hopefully that's all sorted out after our XBL messages, and I'm glad to have you in the league.

The good news: I got in all my games and had a rather nice conversation with Captain OBVIOU5.

The bad news: I'm 1-5-0. I've been shut out in 3 of those losses.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Yeah. Its pretty crazy on my end. I cannot even get to the ready screen the connection is so bad.[/QUOTE]

After playing an offline HUT game I noticed it might be my 360 that was lagging at times. Today I saw the system do a quick pause before goals were made. This was offline and didn't matter what side made the goal.

Also I'm free all day. I will be cleaning my shed in the next hour or so but I will have my phone on me so I can sing into live and check for a message. Just let me know when a good time is today to play.

I'm not liking the fact that I don't have a book for the game. Some of the option I don't understand. I don't get what the default, normal, casual, rookie, all stare, and pro settings. I know one set is difficulty but the options under them I don't get. Also do I need to set anything up for when people have to simulate our game because I can't play that week?

[quote name='moojuice']Could do that, but I don't feel it's too much off to begin with to necessitate that. Stasny is a player with a lot of potential still (4.5 stars iirc in this game iirc). Leino is a comparable, but lower rated skater, and Sekera is someone who is already maxed as far as potential goes, so I get what I get with him. If anything, Colorado comes out a little bit ahead, and adding the Draft just"evens it out" a bit so it's 100% on both sides of the table.

If anything, I'd be concerned about the cap hit Stasny has... Feel it's a tad bit high to be taking on, but as long as he produces #1 center numbers, it shouldn't be an issue[/QUOTE]

I agree as well, I was looking into Similar deal. Damn the salary caps though. Vinny is at 7 Mill which means people have to free up that cap space just for him.

[quote name='DarkTower80']If anyone needs a goalie, I am open to moving Vokoun.[/QUOTE]

What are you looking for?

[quote name='Ninjas in a Box']Ron Burgundy taught me the ways of staying classy and for that I thank him.[/QUOTE]

^ I'm so sweety cause I just did 1000 pushups.

I can be on tonight if anyone needs panther games. I haven't seen the new week yet.

Was Indoassassin going to be taking over Winnipeg?

Also anyone interested in Suter? I'd preferably like to see a D man and at least a 2nd line FWD coming back my way for him.

Wow wtf EA, seriously, fuck off. In that myth buster video, second to last one is showing that you can knock the puck loose by diving at the goalie. When he has it covered. It was fixed by a patch last year it it works again this year? What. The. Actual. Flying. fuck.

I'm not surprised at all. Look at the goalie throwing out themselves the past two years after they patched that earlier too. It's what EA does best, screw up stuff they already fixed.

[quote name='Matt Young']Ninjas In A Box, sorry again for last night. Hopefully that's all sorted out after our XBL messages, and I'm glad to have you in the league.

The good news: I got in all my games and had a rather nice conversation with Captain OBVIOU5.

The bad news: I'm 1-5-0. I've been shut out in 3 of those losses.[/QUOTE]

Hey Matt, its all good. Don't even sweat it and thanks, I'm glad to be in the league.:)

Yeah, guess I'll have to add "don't dive at the goalie" as a douchebag move, since EA couldn't figure out how to keep it out of their game again...:wall:

Also, we have advanced to our second set of games. So, everybody has a fresh set to play again. I'm putting a deadline on this one of 9/29! So, get crackin fellas!

Here's my schedule. I wrote down everyone's gamertags in order to message on XBL.

Phoenix
St. Louis (twice)
Minnesota
NY Islanders (CPU)

[quote name='DarkTower80']I'm not surprised at all. Look at the goalie throwing out themselves the past two years after they patched that earlier too. It's what EA does best, screw up stuff they already fixed.[/QUOTE]

I have to say, I really like that as a potential new slogan for EA

"EA Sports: Just Because We Fixed Something, Don't Think We Can't fuck It Up Again!"

Well, Twick's proposal is gone from my inbox, so dont know if it expired or he withdrew it...

Demeo: We got 3 games this block... you want to try playing them all? Or maybe mix up...like I play one against your CPU, you play one against mine, one against each other, etc.

Captain Obvious: I noticed you already set ours to CPU, so I am assuming you wont be able to play ours?

Sendme: We got another matchup...any preferred time?

AJH: Seems like we are usually on at the same point fairly oftern, message me if you see me on, ill do the same

Nate: Pudding.

sent PM's to my opponents this week (Twick, Canbanana,Destro,Panther1484,and HomelessGamer) to set up times.

On another note, Bruins remain winless after losing to the Islanders 2-0 despite outshooting them. Was a tight game 1-0 until late in the 3rd when the Islanders scored on a breakaway. I should be used to the CPU superhero goalies, but its still frustrating to watch them look like Olympic gymnasts in net while Thomas let in another one right through his legs.

Honestly, I love this league but this game is bullshit with a capital B. So Jets get a penalty and I shoot after offsides, CPU gets mad and literally pushes my player into the goalie after the whistle and I get a interference call. I couldn't even control him to move away. I'm so god damn frustrated with this game already. It's becoming my NHL 11 all over again. Not good to say the least.

Edit - Gets better, AI Jets goalie throws it into the crowd for no delay of game. I'm so flabbergasted right now. Did the roster update bring in the replacement NFL refs?

did we decide how CPU trades are going to be handled as I got a fairly juicy offer from Calgary...?

GamerDude316 - replied to your msg
Matt Young - Let me know when you are free
Vulcan2422 - I should be on tomorrow off and on I'll msg you on Xbox letting you know once I talk to my wife if she has me doing anything.

Basically if i'm online on NHL just shoot me a msg I can usually put down whatever I'm doing and play. So don't be scared to msg me.

bread's done
Back