CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
One thing I just want to ask in here, and it's kind of an online etiquette kind of thing. But if you're the away team, you should be using your white jersey. I don't like playing with two dark jerseys because with so much action going on, sometimes it's easy to look at the wrong guy or think the wrong thing. I mean, after all, the away jerseys are white for a reason. chriscolbert switched to his home jersey, so I ended up going white...which just felt a little lame since I was the home team. It's not a huge deal, obviously, and it's nothing to cause drama over. Just, like I said, an online etiquette thing.

EDIT - Chris explained why he did it, and I guess the Preds standard gold jersey looked light on his TV. Considering how some jerseys look different in the matchup screen than they do in the game, I'm inclined to just blame EA here, lol. I've always thought the gold jerseys were pretty dark though...darker than Lakers gold for sure. Anyway, weird situation, but at least it didn't affect the game.[/QUOTE]

My grandfather always used to complain about how teams now where the white on the road and the dark at home. Used to be the other way around. I'm with him, I prefer that.

[quote name='jza1218']My grandfather always used to complain about how teams now where the white on the road and the dark at home. Used to be the other way around. I'm with him, I prefer that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, leagues seem to switch that around all the time. I think the dark jersey at home thing is because it's better for sales. Fans are going to want to buy the home jersey...and nobody wants to buy a white ass jersey, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, leagues seem to switch that around all the time. I think the dark jersey at home thing is because it's better for sales. Fans are going to want to buy the home jersey...and nobody wants to buy a white ass jersey, lol.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, I prefer the Rangers White jersey. Just seems classic to me. But I prefer the NY Giants blue jersey to their white one.

[quote name='jza1218']My grandfather always used to complain about how teams now where the white on the road and the dark at home. Used to be the other way around. I'm with him, I prefer that.[/QUOTE]

My dad and I still complain about it. I miss the white home jerseys.

As my buddy who use to work as the Tampa Bay Lightning Equipment Manager, they switched since it's easier for them when on the road to do laundry. I know, crappy ass reason but thats the NHL for ya.

The one jersey I can't stand is the Minnesota Wild's. It looks like someone vomited Christmas. I prefer the look of the older jerseys to the new. Not sure how much I care about the home team white and away dark or the way it is now. I like the look of the ones from the 90's other than the jersey for the Kings. The one they have now I like better. I wonder why EA didn't add all the older jerseys into the game. I would have liked to use the one from the 90's for St. Louis.

[quote name='sendme']The one jersey I can't stand is the Minnesota Wild's. It looks like someone vomited Christmas. I prefer the look of the older jerseys to the new. Not sure how much I care about the home team white and away dark or the way it is now. I like the look of the ones from the 90's other than the jersey for the Kings. The one they have now I like better. I wonder why EA didn't add all the older jerseys into the game. I would have liked to use the one from the 90's for St. Louis.[/QUOTE]

I would have loved more jersey variety too, could really give a great historic feeling to some of the matchups.

How are the menu speeds in the new patch? Perfectly normal, or just slightly better?

I liked going to the League members screen and seeing how many others were suffering "Navigating Menus" while presumably having Zombie Nation stuck in their heads. Made me feel less like jumping out my window if I went into the wrong menu knowing someone else probably did the same thing.

[quote name='Flyersfan']How are the menu speeds in the new patch? Perfectly normal, or just slightly better?

I liked going to the League members screen and seeing how many others were suffering "Navigating Menus" while presumably having Zombie Nation stuck in their heads. Made me feel less like jumping out my window if I went into the wrong menu knowing someone else probably did the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I was on last night and it seemed to be working better. Navigating thru the standings/league statistics didn't take an hour like it usually does.

Yeah, I feel Carolina needs a new image in the jersey department. Tired of seeing the checker pattern sequence at the bottom of their jerseys. Maybe throw some glitter on it or maybe some rhinestones. Well that looks fabulous. Ohhhh sssstop it.

Good game against New Jersey last night except for my first goal. The physics looked pretty bad on that. EA needs to work their physics more instead making stupid videos on Hercules checks. Dude, did you see that check?! Yeah dude, Hercules check!! HIGH FIVE!

Not quite a Hercules check, but in the same category, this happened in one of my GM Connected games last night. It was right at the end of a period, so I don't know if that affected it. It really looks like speed lag when you play online, but I saw right away that none of the other players sped up. Andrei Kostitsyn just got rocket skates all of a sudden. I'm just glad he didn't get called for boarding, haha. You can hear my daughter in the background. I fully expected her to just burst out "WTF is this garbage???" lol. Oh, EA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi1cf83lrWU

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not quite a Hercules check, but in the same category, this happened in one of my GM Connected games last night. It was right at the end of a period, so I don't know if that affected it. It really looks like speed lag when you play online, but I saw right away that none of the other players sped up. Andrei Kostitsyn just got rocket skates all of a sudden. I'm just glad he didn't get called for boarding, haha. You can hear my daughter in the background. I fully expected her to just burst out "WTF is this garbage???" lol. Oh, EA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi1cf83lrWU[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the rocket check. EA should be coming out with a video on that one soon. Rocket Check! HIGH FIVE DUDE!!

My game with Destro last night was crazy. The first period was scoreless and there wasn't a whistle until about a minute left, so we literally almost played the entire period non-stop. Holtby threw one into his own net to hand me a 1-0 lead in the second, and then everything after that is a blur... lol

I know he scored on a nice deflection on the PP and I had a shortie at some point, but Crawford gave up some weak goals, most notably twice he stopped the initial slap shot only to seemingly toss the rebound up in the air so it could fall over his back and into the net. I can take it happening once but after the way I got my first goal and I had no room for complaints.

When all was said and done he scored with 30 seconds left in OT to get the 6-5 win. Definitely the highest scoring game I've had so far.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Did anybody get hurt?:grouphug::pray:

I think I pmed everyone but if I missed you, go ahead and play my CPU.[/QUOTE]

Nope, no injuries on either side.

I got caught up playing Halo with some friends, so I didn't play my 3 games vs. Anaheim. Kinda hoping I'll get the achievement for winning with the build your AI file. Haven't checked on the results.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nope, no injuries on either side.

I got caught up playing Halo with some friends, so I didn't play my 3 games vs. Anaheim. Kinda hoping I'll get the achievement for winning with the build your AI file. Haven't checked on the results.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to play the game instead of having it simmed in order to receive the achievement.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']Nope, no injuries on either side.

I got caught up playing Halo with some friends, so I didn't play my 3 games vs. Anaheim. Kinda hoping I'll get the achievement for winning with the build your AI file. Haven't checked on the results.[/QUOTE]

Somehow a few weeks back that achievement unlocked for me after going back to the main menu and having played one of my matches.

All right, we've advanced to the next set of games. We're up to 1/12 - 1/25 now. That's pretty decent considering how many games have been played. I'm loving the pace that we're on, and I'm really hoping people's interest stays strong. Should be some fun stuff ahead when we get to the playoffs and offseason.

Also, Minnesota is still booted from the league. Considering he has to send a join request to get back in, until I hear from him, it's obviously going to stay that way. Anyone who plays Minnesota, if you want to hold off on those games for a few days, just to give him a chance to get back in, that would be great. If he had been able to turn on CPU play, this wouldn't have been an issue (well...until too many of his players got hurt and then his roster was invalid, lol). Anyway, hope Canbanana comes back soon.

The deadline for this group of games will be 10/29!

Well, so much for EA tuning down the goalie's reaction to cross creases. I really hate that people complained about these so much the past few years. These were rarely ever the goalie's fault to begin with. They're the d's fault for letting people get by them. But because of stupid bitching, we now have goalies who effortlessly stop stuff like this, but let backhanded flips from the blue line bounce off their pads for easy garbage rebounds. At least I won this game, but damn. Sometimes, it's supposed to be a goal, EA.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/140325132

Just a heads up. I'm going away tomorrow and won't be back until Monday. If you can play the rangers on Monday, I'll be around. Otherwise play the CPU.

[quote name='jza1218']Just a heads up. I'm going away tomorrow and won't be back until Monday. If you can play the rangers on Monday, I'll be around. Otherwise play the CPU.[/QUOTE]

Can you play today?

[quote name='Flyersfan']Can you play today?[/QUOTE]

Flyers fan you're the flyers right? Any open time tonight? Like 9:30?

[quote name='DestroVega']Flyers fan you're the flyers right? Any open time tonight? Like 9:30?[/QUOTE]

I'm currently having issues trying to get my Xbox to read my NHL disc, it's not doing this to any other game. If I figure it out, I can do anytime before 7 pm And anytime after 11pm EST. 7-11 I have something planned.

Ok if I'm still on at 11 cool, if not we can set up another day.

Vulcan we got a rematch of your CPU beating my CPU, free anytime soon?

Also mr hockey and Vancouver, I can schedule 9pm and 9:30 if anybody can make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flyersfan']Can you play today?[/QUOTE]

Working tonight, sorry. If you can wait til Monday evening I can play then though.

My only human opponents this time are Matt Young and chriscolbert. Let me know when you guys would like to play. I'll have some time tonight between 7pm est and 10pm est, but a more open availability this weekend. If you have any days/times in mind, let me know.

[quote name='DestroVega']Ok if I'm still on at 11 cool, if not we can set up another day.

Vulcan we got a rematch of your CPU beating my CPU, free anytime soon?

Also mr hockey and Vancouver, I can schedule 9pm and 9:30 if anybody can make it.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to be on at those times. Im on call for work tonight. Hopefully I wont have any calls.

I'm free till about 4PM CST Saturday and most the day Sunday and Monday. I'm not sure when the deadline to play is or who I have to play, but if you have to play St. Louis them will be the days to do it. Let me know what works for you.

[quote name='sendme']I'm free till about 4PM CST Saturday and most the day Sunday and Monday. I'm not sure when the deadline to play is or who I have to play, but if you have to play St. Louis them will be the days to do it. Let me know what works for you.[/QUOTE]

Deadline is in the thread title...as usual.

Kings' opponents:

Detroit
Phoenix (x2)
Nashville
Minnesota

I have a Madden league game tomorrow at 3:30 Pacific/6:30 Eastern, but I can play after that ends, likely around 7:30 P.M. Eastern. If you see me online and want to play, just send a message. If I'm not already in a party with some friends, I can most likely play. Either way, I'll respond A.S.A.P.

To Nate specifically: Weekend would work fine for me. If you have a certain date or time in mind, let me know. I know your free time comes at a premium these days.

[quote name='IndoAssassin']Devils, Flyers, and Rangers let me know when you want to play the Jets. I'm available Saturday and Sunday All day.[/QUOTE]

The Rangers are going away and will only be available Monday evening. If you can't do that play the CPU.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Deadline is in the thread title...as usual.[/QUOTE]

I saw that when I posted however after working for 12 hours I read it as the 24th and not the 29th.

Dammit, I've beaten the leafs twice now but my game always freezes at the end when my guys hop over the board to celebrate. Anyone else have that problem? Gonna have to play a third time now.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Dammit, I've beaten the leafs twice now but my game always freezes at the end when my guys hop over the board to celebrate. Anyone else have that problem? Gonna have to play a third time now.[/QUOTE]

no because I prefer to lose to the CPU so that doesn't happen to me.

Twick (Buffalo) said 7PM in a pm. I believe I replied either yup or ok. Just waiting till 7:30 then he can play my cpu or something since I'm gone all weekend for hockey.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Twick (Buffalo) said 7PM in a pm. I believe I replied either yup or ok. Just waiting till 7:30 then he can play my cpu or something since I'm gone all weekend for hockey.[/QUOTE]

For the record, you didn't reply at all when I suggested 7 tonight, that's why I didn't go on. But if u still want me to play the CPU ill do it.

[quote name='jza1218']Just a heads up. I'm going away tomorrow and won't be back until Monday. If you can play the rangers on Monday, I'll be around. Otherwise play the CPU.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 against you but I cant play Monday, so I will play the CPU.

Chicago and Devils, I'll be out of town tomorrow but around tonight and Sunday.

All right the internet problem should be no more, I have a second provider and it goes strictly to the xbox. It's a little overkill but I now know that I will have access to the internet if the other goes down. Hit me up and we will sched a time to get our games in

Looks like I have: Colorado x2 San Jose, Phoenix, Vancouver, and Anaheim

Man, I feel like I can't catch a break lately. Another game with Chicago...that played out almost EXACTLY like the last game. First goal of the game is scored on a deflected pass...but not just any deflected pass. This happened...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/140495914

In the 2nd, I get called for a phantom interference penalty (though to be fair, after that I started going for big hits because who the fuck knows what's ever going to be a penalty in this game), don't get any calls on some pretty blatant poke checking from behind, and Chicago scores a powerplay tap in off a fatty rebound from a limp dick wrist shot.

I scored one in the 3rd, but it just wasn't enough. I got horribly outplayed in the 2nd period though. But I was getting frustrated with the non calls. gg to chriscolbert. He played well and did nothing wrong. I'm just frustrated with how inconsistent this game is. Sometimes, the goalies just miss.

Sorry I didn't get on Wednesday I ended up extremely sick and only waking up briefly to eat then sleeping straight through till midday Thursday. I'm not sure what games I currently have as I'm waiting on my invite accept but anyone that is playing me feel free to shoot me a time and I will show up as my schedule is back to normal and I can make any time.

Has anybody noticed a difference in game flow since the update? One game its like the guys have rocket packets on their backs the next game its like you skating in a bowl of soup.

bread's done
Back